PDA

View Full Version : Saraya - level 53 unguilded enchanter - Ninja Looter

Pages : [1] 2

arsenalpow
05-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Random unguilded enchanter just ninja looted a VT kill. Beware of this scumbag.

[Sat May 03 10:58:51 2014] Targeted (NPC): Verina Tomb
[Sat May 03 10:59:04 2014] You crush Verina Tomb for 69 points of damage. (FTE)
[Sat May 03 11:03:19 2014] Verina Tomb has been slain by Mordhot!
[Sat May 03 11:03:19 2014] You gain party experience!!
[Sat May 03 11:03:19 2014] Verina Tomb says 'Hatred is the Universal Truth.'

[Sat May 03 11:06:22 2014] Targeted (Player): Saraya

She was hovering over the corpse, the second it opened she looted and /q'd

SamwiseRed
05-03-2014, 12:14 PM
why did you wait so long to loot?

arsenalpow
05-03-2014, 12:16 PM

bad

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-03-2014, 12:23 PM

Thulack
05-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Maybe the chanter that is was for wasnt in kill group and was waiting for corpse to unlock and it got Ninja's first. Doesnt excuse the fact someone Ninja'd it. Come on guys.

Zoesha
05-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Random unguilded enchanter just ninja looted a VT kill. Beware of this scumbag.

Why don't you just petition it and get the item moved to whoever you were there for. then get her in trouble for ninja looting your corpse.

arsenalpow
05-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Why don't you just petition it and get the item moved to whoever you were there for. then get her in trouble for ninja looting your corpse.

already petitioned, this is just extra curricular

Uuruk
05-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Saraya FTE

superapan
05-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Are the rest of your 10k posts of this quality? I'm not gonna check tho.

Otur
05-03-2014, 12:39 PM

Are the rest of your 43 posts of this quality? I'm not gonna check tho.

Btw killing blow = win.

Cecily
05-03-2014, 12:42 PM
I was happy about this until I remembered who that enc was. Good for you BDA, nice name and shame.

SamwiseRed
05-03-2014, 12:44 PM

you always this mad? i ask a simple question.

Juevento
05-03-2014, 01:04 PM
This kind of stuff doesn't happen on the red server.

Blue is toxic.

Faywind
05-03-2014, 01:33 PM

Blue is toxic.

True but that's because there is no one on the Red server! hah!

Kekephee
05-03-2014, 01:39 PM
Neriak is a dangerous backalley zone of ninjalooting and vendor puppet string theft

Wrench
05-03-2014, 01:41 PM
^ lol, nice

Toodles
05-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Wait, so let's get this straight. You got a batphone to come kill a non raid mob, you don't invite the item recipient into the killing blow group and then the person in need manages to somehow not loot it in time, while a stranger walks up and simply takes it?

How do you let that happen?

Something tells me the other person was there first and you must have swooped down and dished out some BDA hypocrisy.

Are you related to Calabee?

myriverse
05-03-2014, 01:53 PM

Blue is toxic.
On Red, ninjas get you before the mob.

Kekephee
05-03-2014, 01:58 PM
Wait, so let's get this straight. You got a batphone to come kill a non raid mob, you don't invite the item recipient into the killing blow group and then the person in need manages to somehow not loot it in time, while a stranger walks up and simply takes it?

How do you let that happen?

Something tells me the other person was there first and you must have swooped down and dished out BDA hypocrisy.

Nope, there were 0 people in zone other than 5 BDA when I zoned into Neriak (which was about, eeeehhhhhh 5 minutes after someone said VT IS UP in guild chat. Enough time for me to run at bard speed from WFP to Neriak. Not a long run.)

arsenalpow
05-03-2014, 02:03 PM
derubael has already taken swift action against the offending enchanter, awaiting reimbursment for when sirken has some time

justice prevails

Pheer
05-03-2014, 02:05 PM
derudeabael - banstorm

Hollywood
05-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Nope, there were 0 people in zone other than 5 BDA when I zoned into Neriak (which was about, eeeehhhhhh 5 minutes after someone said VT IS UP in guild chat. Enough time for me to run at bard speed from WFP to Neriak. Not a long run.)

I'll bite on this :

1. Verina window came open at about noon yesterday. I was there the entire time - logs will indicate I was already camping. BDA Enchanter showed up about an hour before Verina spawned. See screen shot Kekephee, sorry you gotta click and double click and squint.

2. There were no other BDA, or people mobilized/poised to strike, it was just Pricila up until that point.

3. When Verina spawned I said to Pricila I have people on the way within several minutes (do I have to give names for witnesses?). I would think that it fair to give me a chance.

4. Several minutes pass by and I see the corpse off to the side of the group collecting dust. I loot it and there was the book.

This whole time, BDA saw me both in Verina's room and during the fight. No one talked to me, no one tried to communicate.

TLDR: BDA shows up long after me, yanks out the mob before I have a chance, leaves the corpse past it's initial timer and leaves the item open to anyone to pass by and take. They realize their mistake, batphone Durabael and I get banned.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2m3o7s5.jpg http://i60.tinypic.com/2yzmv52.jpg

Thulack
05-03-2014, 02:22 PM
I'll bite on this :

1. Verina window came open at about noon yesterday. I was there the entire time - logs will indicate I was already camping. BDA Enchanter showed up about an hour before Verina spawned. See screen shot Kekephee, sorry you gotta click and double click and squint.

2. There were no other BDA, or people mobilized/poised to strike, it was just Pricila up until that point.

3. When Verina spawned I said to Pricila I have people on the way within several minutes (do I have to give names for witnesses?). I would think that it fair to give me a chance.

4. Several minutes pass by and I see the corpse off to the side of the group collecting dust. I loot it and there was the book.

This whole time, BDA saw me both in Verina's room and during the fight. No one talked to me, no one tried to communicate.

TLDR: BDA shows up long after me, yanks out the mob before I have a chance, leaves the corpse past it's initial timer and leaves the item open to anyone to pass by and take. They realize their mistake, batphone Durabael and I get banned.

So you looted somethign you did not kill because someone else got a force there to kill the mob before you? Sorry but your wrong here. Just because you "have a force coming" doesnt mean others have to wait for you to attempt.

jaybone
05-03-2014, 02:24 PM
All those 16 hour days of eq down the drain.

Hollywood
So you looted somethign you did not kill because someone else got a force there to kill the mob before you? Sorry but your wrong here. Just because you "have a force coming" doesnt mean others have to wait for you to attempt.

I looted something that was open to loot, because other people made a mistake. It was not a planned thing ; I wasn't following people waiting to intervene on their plans. At time I passed the corpse, I was coming back from Verina's spot, considering giving up and zoning out.

As for a force coming, that is important. This is not a raid mob/FTE race. Both GMs have made it clear that you can't just take people's camps. BDA could have at least communicated with me.

arsenalpow
just to add to the funnies this person had been sending me PMs to get BDA to hand out some epic pieces free of charge

Hey Chest,

Firstly, apologies for a forward request such as this. I hope you appreciate the difficulty I face in my request.

Originally I was going to ask (name redacted) (and her husband name redacted) to request this on my behalf, though I decided best to approach you directly as a show of respect.

My Enchanter is working on her epic, and I've managed to clear out the hard parts for 2/3 of the quest. My main obstacle remains Prince's head in Chardok.

I am requesting that when there's no others Encs in line and/or someone is willing to give up their Prince head for someone who's ready to do final turn in(that's me!!!), please let me know if I can tag along with Bregan on a Royals run.

Thanks for reading, hope you can be of help!

Hi Chest,

(name redacted let me know that you had heard from me, so thanks for reading.

I've made some more progress with the epic, and now down to Wraith in Fear and Prince Head. I appreciate asking a Royals Run for non BDA is unlikely, however if there's ever a chance or a hapenning of Fear, I'd be stoked to get to tag along.

Please let me know if this is feasible.

When you can't tag along for free handouts I guess you just ninja loot the items you need

Wrench
05-03-2014, 02:25 PM

definitely not

but it is interesting to see the bda spin machine come to the public forum and start lying to make it sound worse

HethGnome
05-03-2014, 02:25 PM
I looted something that was open to loot, because other people made a mistake. It was not a planned thing ; I wasn't following people waiting to intervene on their plans.

As for a force coming, that is important. This is not a raid mob/FTE race. Both GMs have made it clear that you can't just take people's camps. BDA could have at least communicated with me.
You can't camp something that you can't kill by yourself. So it is pretty much a first to get a force there type thing.

Rararboker
05-03-2014, 02:41 PM
You can't camp something that you can't kill by yourself. So it is pretty much a first to get a force there type thing.

QFT

Hollywood
05-03-2014, 02:46 PM

I understand, and I appreciate that however neither could the other Enchanter.
These are also special circumstances, I at least tried to communicate, they didn't.

Out of curiosity, if you went into Droga and did an OOC - only to find the person claiming a Chief camp was under leveled - would you immediately rush over and take it, or would you talk to them and find out what's going on?

Kazi
05-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Then the guy releases private chat messages. You sound like a great guy Chest, I really wanna believe you!!

HethGnome
05-03-2014, 02:49 PM
No, because chief rokgus isn't a contested epic mob.

Djones
05-03-2014, 02:52 PM
I understand, and I appreciate that however neither could the other Enchanter.
These are also special circumstances, I at least tried to communicate, they didn't.

Out of curiosity, if you went into Droga and did an OOC - only to find the person claiming a Chief camp was under leveled - would you immediately rush over and take it, or would you talk to them and find out what's going on?

You let them wipe, giggling to yourself. Then take the camp.

Hollywood
05-03-2014, 02:54 PM
No, because chief rokgus isn't a contested epic mob.

All mobs are contested. The only difference is that some are more desired than others.
If it's THAT contested, would no one have thought 'hmm, that person probably spent a lot of time on this, let's not be dicks about it.'

Any ways, item or not, I wouldn't have come on the forums (the general ones for that matter) and be a mean person about it, start throwing out insults and false claims. At best I could have appealed to Sirken privately and then left it at that.

Then the guy releases private chat messages. You sound like a great guy Chest, I really wanna believe you!!

I'm not embarrassed about it. I only asked for help(and not with Verina if you notice).

You let them wipe, giggling to yourself. Then take the camp.

Right. I never got that chance. I was literally minutes away from engaging. They pulled Verina out with an underpowered force (which consisted of one Chest, the Enchanter under leveled, an AFK FD monk, one bard doing very little and some type of healer). They dragged her to the zoneline waiting reinforcements, which took another five minutes on top of that. By that time I told my people to leave, as it was too late.

Kazi
05-03-2014, 03:03 PM
You see this in politics everyday. What BDA has done here is get out ahead of the story, smeared their opponent publicly, making them look pathetic and toxic, an unsympathetic non-human, before they ever get a chance to defend themselves. Great group of dudes.

Man0warr
05-03-2014, 03:04 PM
That's how VT and VD works - it's a long spawn time with a random pop, and both are hotly contested. I lost a ton of VT/VDs to Taken/TMO/IB/etc who were faster getting a force there, even though I had a mule or myself there watching it pop, that's just how it goes. If you don't want your camping to go to waste, then you better have some friends with characters logged out in Neriak to kill it quickly before guilds start showing up.

First one to get a sufficient force (pretty much all you need is a monk+healer to kill it) is going to pull it and try to kill it. If they wipe, then whatever other forces are there give it a go.

You can't compare a named with a PH on a 27 min timer like Chief in Droga to an epic mob with a 2-7 day timer.

You see this in politics everyday. What BDA has done here is get out ahead of the story, smeared their opponent publicly, making them look pathetic and toxic, an unsympathetic non-human, before they ever get a chance to defend themselves. Great group of dudes.

How exactly do you defend ninjalooting? If it was defensible, then Hollywood wouldn't have been banhammered so quickly.

Daldolma
05-03-2014, 03:04 PM
no kill force = no camp

verina can't really be camped unless you've got multiple no lifers willing to wait it out

it's a FTE and you weren't F

that being said, bda still sucks

arsenalpow
05-03-2014, 03:05 PM
[Sat May 03 10:58:11 2014] You have entered Neriak Third Gate.
[Sat May 03 10:59:04 2014] You crush Verina Tomb for 69 points of damage. (my FTE)

so I zoned in, engaged her a minute later, punched her until she died, and then you ninja looted the item

I see no delays

Laugher
05-03-2014, 03:06 PM
derudeabael - banstorm

http://i.imgur.com/zVMPOjh.jpg

Locust
05-03-2014, 03:07 PM
[Sat May 03 10:59:04 2014] You crush Verina Tomb for 69 points of damage. (my FTE)

so I zoned in, engaged her a minute later, punched her until she died, and then you ninja looted the item

I see no delays

but Saraya claimed you stalled for 5 minutes waiting for reinforcements. your logs proved that to be a lie.

arsenalpow
05-03-2014, 03:08 PM
but Saraya claimed you stalled for 5 minutes waiting for reinforcements. your logs proved that to be a lie.

Saraya can log into p99 and talk with me anytime, oh wait, she/he is banned now

Nirgon
05-03-2014, 03:16 PM
I don't like threads like this during toilet time

Karkona
05-03-2014, 03:20 PM

This is where you lost your mind right?

Hollywood
05-03-2014, 03:28 PM

I redact my statement - it should have been four minutes.

Saraya can log into p99 and talk with me anytime, oh wait, she/he is banned now

You had the opportunity to talk to me, and you all chose to act like I wasn't there.
I'd say we can chat in PMs; then again, maybe not such a good idea.

arsenalpow
05-03-2014, 03:29 PM
I redact my statement - it should have been four minutes.

but there was no stall, i walked into the zone, engaged the mob, and ramsis healed me with a donal's bp

Fame
05-03-2014, 03:38 PM
I'll bite on this :

Cool forum name tho

Locust
05-03-2014, 03:53 PM
but there was no stall, i walked into the zone, engaged the mob, and ramsis healed me with a donal's bp

according to the wiki, verina tomb has 19000hp. chests logs show the fight took 4 minutes and 15 seconds (255 seconds). 19000 / 255 = 74.5 dps.

can we get the GMs to rule that any encounter with less than 100dps is considered a stall please?

Hollywood
05-03-2014, 04:02 PM
according to the wiki, verina tomb has 19000hp. chests logs show the fight took 4 minutes and 15 seconds (255 seconds). 19000 / 255 = 74.5 dps.

can we get the GMs to rule that any encounter with less than 100dps is considered a stall please?

I have not disputed that Chest was going up in flames and therefore would have failed. Rather, had my force continued through Neriak B and entered and I said 'Chest, we're stepping in, you're taking too long,' BDA would have started claiming FTE. My point was that for the majority of the 'fight,' they had less numbers than we did, but by that time, I had sent everyone away cause I figured it was too late - and I wasn't about to start a kill stealing war.

I was caught off guard - not so naive to believe BDA wouldn't show up, though I honestly thought they'd give me a chance, or at least talk to me.

arsenalpow
05-03-2014, 04:04 PM
you never had a force period

Locust
05-03-2014, 04:05 PM
you never had a force period

you were supposed to wait

Man0warr
05-03-2014, 04:06 PM
I was caught off guard - not so naive to believe BDA wouldn't show up, though I honestly thought they'd give me a chance, or at least talk to me.

There's no talking needed, it's a contested epic mob. If you are unguilded, Chest probably has no reason to talk to you during a race for a mob.

arsenalpow
05-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Chest probably has no reason to talk to you
fixed it

Hollywood
05-03-2014, 04:09 PM
There's no talking needed, it's a contested epic mob....

Yes so I keep hearing, when it suits people.

..If you are unguilded, Chest probably has no reason to talk to you...

I see, I see. I wasn't aware of there being a caste system. Maybe that explains a lot.
I guess that's solid defense whenever ethics are in question.

Pheer
05-03-2014, 04:14 PM
I see, I see. I wasn't aware of there being a caste system. Maybe that explains a lot.
I guess that's solid defense whenever ethics are in question.

ninja loots an epic quest piece and logs out then starts a debate about ethics

lol

Otur
05-03-2014, 04:15 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GmuDkh2kiS0/UYidAku5J_I/AAAAAAAAE34/K62HJLZLsSY/s1600/cat-meme-i-cannot-brain-today-dumb.jpg

Prodigal
05-03-2014, 04:17 PM

lol

This.

Shoulda just taken a deep breath, instead you did something stupid and got banned. One less self centered piece of garbage on the server imo.

Rathel
05-03-2014, 04:21 PM
move this trash thread to RnF pls

contemptor
05-03-2014, 04:21 PM
http://i.imgflip.com/8jxd0.png

jaybone
05-03-2014, 04:24 PM
http://www.geekmundo.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Its-Still-Real-to-Me-Dammit.jpg

Hollywood
05-03-2014, 04:26 PM

lol

These are mutually exclusive acts. I've already been punished for the inappropriate act of looting(and to that effect, I am sorry Pricila, I hope you get your item).

P.S. Of course I logged out. I knew the moment after I did it, it was a mistake and that I'd get steam rolled by a hundred BDA tells. What's the alternative, stay logged in and 'take it like a man?'

The concern over ethics started before the mob was even engaged - would they be accommodating/considerate? etc.

move this trash thread to RnF pls

Seconded.

HeallunRumblebelly
05-03-2014, 04:26 PM
On one hand, Saraya's a fucking idiot. Lost FTE and ninja looted the mob. On the other hand...it's Chest...I mean...

Djones
05-03-2014, 04:29 PM
So If you went to the Grocery store and you found the most perfect apple you could ever dream of eating. The problem was it was to high on the pile for you to reach, Being so short you thought you would wait for mommy to show up so she could reach and buy it for you. So you stand back, staring at the apple with anticipation of getting it and eating it.
A tall strange man then shows up... and is reaching toward the apple, Before you could mutter some non-sense. He grabs the apple. Puts it in a bag and into his cart.
Now you must just feel mad. Saying to yourself, "If only I was a little bit taller, if only I had a dollar."
So at the check-out. The man is getting all his groceries packed away in the isle next to yours. When his back is turned you seize your opportunity to steal the apple from one of his bags. You get to take it home and taste the apple for a moment. But when mommy finds out, you get punished.
Can you justify this?

Otur
05-03-2014, 04:33 PM
So If you went to the Grocery store and you found the most perfect apple you could ever dream of eating. The problem was it was to high on the pile for you to reach, Being so short you thought you would wait for mommy to show up so she could reach and buy it for you. So you stand back, staring at the apple with anticipation of getting it and eating it.
A tall strange man then shows up... and is reaching toward the apple, Before you could mutter some non-sense. He grabs the apple. Puts it in a bag and into his cart.
Now you must just feel mad. Saying to yourself, "If only I was a little bit taller, if only I had a dollar."
So at the check-out. The man is getting all his groceries packed away in the isle next to yours. When his back is turned you seize your opportunity to steal the apple from one of his bags. You get to take it home and taste the apple for a moment. But when mommy finds out, you get punished.
Can you justify this?

Congrats, sir.
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss275/wyrd_fishes/win-one-internet.jpg

Goofier
05-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Can you justify this?

Yeah, but it wasn't in his bag, was it?
It was still on the display.
Just sayin'.

Hollywood
05-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Can you justify this?

Depends. Apparently if the child was guilded, the tall man would have noticed him.

And what would happen if that apple fell out of his bag or rolled off the counter before he bought it?

Ravager
05-03-2014, 04:52 PM
Depends. Apparently if the child was guilded, the tall man would have noticed him.

If any guilded enchanter were there without a force, BDA still would have FTE'd it with their force that was there. Any other guild has, would and will do the same in the future. What happens if BDA waits around for you to muster your force and then TMO or IB or Taken or Azure Guard or Europa or Asgard or any other guild sees it up and comes in. Are you going to win all their sympathies too, or are they just going to FTE it like it's been done for the entire history of this mob on this server?

JayN
05-03-2014, 05:05 PM
/pras Saraya

down with chests Evil Empire, camp stealing poor casuals who've clearly waited longer.

Scikala
05-03-2014, 05:14 PM
*not a justification*

But, you say there was only 5 BDA in zone, and Priscilla wasnt in the kill group? WUT?

Unless I misread?

Kekephee
05-03-2014, 05:17 PM
*not a justification*

But, you say there was only 5 BDA in zone, and Priscilla wasnt in the kill group? WUT?

Unless I misread?

You misread. When I zoned in, there were ~5 of us in zone. I believe, but can't prove, nor would I bother if I could, but I believe Saraya's screenshot was taken after I had already zoned in and done /who. I believe, but can't prove, and wouldn't bother if I could, that Saraya zoned in after me. Then the rest of our people probably zoned in after her. Not really relevant anyway; Saraya's own screenshot shows she didn't have the numbers in zone to kill the mob before we did. Saraya said as much herself. The issue here is apparently that Saraya thought simply saying "i've got people coming" is sufficient to keep everybody else away from an epic mob for like 10 minutes. She tells this story all about how long we were all standing there with our thumbs up our asses, the corpse collecting dust and the wallpaper of Neriak peeling because we're sooooo slooooow to pull, so why didn't her people get there faster?

Besides that, who cares who was grouped? Let's say this happened: BDA assumed no one was shady enough to ninja the loot and didn't put too much effort into making sure the chanter was in the kill group, OR BDA assumed if someone was shady enough to ninja the loot we had FTE and it would be returned to us anyway and didn't put too much effort into making sure the chanter was in the kill group. So what? Does that matter? Does that change anything?

Pricila
05-03-2014, 05:33 PM
I was there for quite some time. Not before her but as u all understand there is no waiting on thease mobs . I lost both vessel and verina to others before that were faster to muster a force. Did i go and ninjaed ? No i didnt as for the corpse colecting dust: i perma clicked it for like 2 min. You want to tell me that u clicked one time and instantly got the piece? U sat on the corpse and did the same so much about it "colecting dust".

This was the most studid thing i have ever seen and i Played for 6 years on life :mad:

Prici

Scikala
05-03-2014, 05:35 PM
You misread. When I zoned in, there were ~5 of us in zone. I believe, but can't prove, nor would I bother if I could, but I believe Saraya's screenshot was taken after I had already zoned in and done /who. I believe, but can't prove, and wouldn't bother if I could, that Saraya zoned in after me. Then the rest of our people probably zoned in after her.

Besides that, who cares who was grouped? Let's say this happened: BDA assumed no one was shady enough to ninja the loot and didn't put too much effort into making sure the chanter was in the kill group, OR BDA assumed if someone was shady enough to ninja the loot we had FTE and it would be returned to us anyway and didn't put too much effort into making sure the chanter was in the kill group. So what? Does that matter? Does that change anything?

Read the top, said it wasnt a justification, just curious due to the misread, that if there was only five, how the hell wasnt she in the kill group and let it set there is all.

Which you made clear, ty! =)

Kekephee
05-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Read the top, said it wasnt a justification, just curious due to the misread, that if there was only five, how the hell wasnt she in the kill group and let it set there is all.

Which you made clear, ty! =)

Yeah, I know you weren't trying to justify it, but there were other people in the thread who were. That was the first thing anybody said- neener neener why u no chanter is in grup guyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So I thought I'd address the concerns of the peanut gallery while answering your question

Grimfan
05-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Absolutely nothing justifies ninja looting at all, but I don't believe that posting this in server chat instead of RnF, and then posting PM's was necessary, after all the whining you did in the raid forum about how you wanted to separate casual players from hardcore this really stinks of someone more hardcore blasting on someone casual for asking some help of a casual guild with their epic. I'm guessing you didn't even respond to this person because you feel more important than them Chest, and you've done nothing in this thread but act like a child.

I'm glad justice was served and they got banned, but it makes me sad you guys decided to act like this instead of just naming and shaming and moving on.

Man0warr
05-03-2014, 06:09 PM
He only posted them after finding out Hollywood = Saraya, it's called irony.

Grimfan
05-03-2014, 06:12 PM
He only posted them after finding out Hollywood = Saraya, it's called irony.

Or he could have not done that and looked like less of a trashy person. It's up to you if you think a thread in server chat needs to have an RnF move put on it like that. I realize you want to defend your guild leader, but I really lost a lot of respect for him with this thread and I doubt I'm the only one.

jaybone
05-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Its sad this thread has more RnF potential than faggot Lron threads that make no sense.

Man0warr
05-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Or he could have not done that and looked like less of a trashy person. It's up to you if you think a thread in server chat needs to have an RnF move put on it like that. I realize you want to defend your guild leader, but I really lost a lot of respect for him with this thread and I doubt I'm the only one.

Not defending him, Chest is a dick :D

Hollywood
05-03-2014, 06:39 PM
....Not before her but..

Prici

Thank you. At least you are one person whom could be honest about it.

..... after all the whining you did in the raid forum about how you wanted to separate casual players from hardcore this really stinks of someone more hardcore blasting on someone casual for asking some help of a casual guild with their epic. I'm guessing you didn't even respond to this person because you feel more important than them Chest, and you've done nothing in this thread but act like a child.

Funny you should say that. I never did get a response from him, and when I spoke to a BDA member I hang out with, I was told it was 'mentioned' to her that I had contacted him. And that was about it. Apparently I was not allowed to speak to the man directly, I needed a go-between.

Sckrilla
05-03-2014, 06:40 PM
People had respect for Chest to begin with??? What the...

Man0warr
05-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Funny you should say that. I never did get a response from him, and when I spoke to a BDA member I hang out with, I was told it was 'mentioned' to her that I had contacted him. And that was about it. Apparently I was not allowed to speak to the man directly, I needed a go-between.

Chest isn't really alone in this - It would be very rare for a guild to help someone unguilded do fights like Royals - maybe if you were paying but even then probably not. Why help an anonymous unguilded guy for nothing?

Maybe you should of joined a guild, help out other people, and maybe they would have returned the favor. Like everyone else on the server does.

Grimfan
05-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Chest isn't really alone in this - It would be very rare for a guild to help someone unguilded do fights like Royals - maybe if you were paying but even then probably not. Why help an anonymous unguilded guy for nothing?

Maybe you should of joined a guild, help out other people, and maybe they would have returned the favor. Like everyone else on the server does.

I agree with this, you really have no excuse for ninja looting, it doesn't matter how hard someone that leads a guild ignores you.

Daldaen
05-03-2014, 07:05 PM

This. So very much this.

captnamazing
05-03-2014, 07:40 PM

If you're in BDA I guarantee the worst way to get help on your epic is to ask Chest. He doesn't give a fuck. Make friends and then by peer pressure force the officers into helping you.

captnamazing
05-03-2014, 07:41 PM
If you're in BDA I guarantee the worst way to get help on your epic is to ask Chest. He doesn't give a fuck. Make friends and then by peer pressure force the officers into helping you.

Point being wtf are you doing PMing guild leaders for free loots? That's why people join guilds

Pringles
05-03-2014, 08:45 PM
So I camped VD for ~1 week solid, i got the guild mobilized but lost the mob to BDA as well - im not complaining about it though.... they won the race. Mobilzation / FTE is FTE when you're camping these kind of mobs..... it sucks (these mobs are a bitch) but thats what it is....

cearobinson
05-03-2014, 08:50 PM

/thread

Ambrotos
05-03-2014, 09:04 PM
I think chest should have let this Hollywood person have it. Would have been pretty nice of the Guild Leadership of BDA do that. How often are guilds really nice like that?

Clark
05-03-2014, 09:17 PM

Kekephee
05-03-2014, 09:20 PM
I think chest should have let this Hollywood person have it. Would have been pretty nice of the Guild Leadership of BDA do that. How often are guilds really nice like that?

Couldn't Itchy share his pie with Scratchy? Then they would both have pie!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0b/Marge_Simpson.png

Locust
05-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed

the bda enchanter wasn't in the exp group. unguilded enchanter spam clicked and won the loot race. i know it's hard to understand pls try.

Tasslehofp99
05-03-2014, 09:30 PM
I'll bite on this :

Damn, I wish I had petitioned that fucker Lanuven when he ninja-looted my monks epic piece.

captnamazing
05-03-2014, 09:48 PM

maybe we can all just SHARE loot

*turns an icy glare at TMO who is still killing dragons*

Cap3r3
05-03-2014, 10:01 PM
BDA scum per the norm, I'll plvl a new enchanter if they keep you banned

another reason nobody should even consider joining such a terrible guild!

Cecily
05-03-2014, 10:01 PM
I feel for you. I tried to make BDA do my epic for me too. Woulda joined them if they had helped. God that would have sucked.
Luckily, I managed avoid that by joining Vesica Dei.

Kekephee
05-03-2014, 10:14 PM
I've been sending Unbrella or Alarti or whomever the hell is the GL of TMO these days messages asking if he/she will get you guys to do a Trak raid so I can have my guts for like a month and no answer YOU MUST THINK YOU'RE SO FUCKING GREAT UNBRELLA OR ALARTI OR WHOMEVER THE HELL

MaksimMazor
05-03-2014, 10:30 PM
BDA keeping the everyman down

Messianic
05-03-2014, 10:30 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--WmNb3ClX--/691910602160022853.jpg

moklianne
05-03-2014, 11:59 PM
the bda enchanter wasn't in the exp group. unguilded enchanter spam clicked and won the loot race. i know it's hard to understand pls try.

Just curious, but why wasn't the enchanter in the group that killed it?

Tasslehofp99
05-04-2014, 12:03 AM
So can someone confirm if this ninjalooter was indeed banned?

Wrench
05-04-2014, 12:11 AM

I see no delays

Originally Posted by Raid Policy - Play Nice Policy
Invulnerability spells used on engagement may only be for mechanic strategies, and may not be used to stall engagement.

So the whole point of this is to prevent stall tanking right? What about the new escalation of tactics where the two "trackers' are face tracking characters armed with discs and donal's bps?

Would like a staff response please.

Sweetbaby Jesus
05-04-2014, 12:28 AM
In her defense I have seen GMs post before that if you leave stuff on a corpse long enough for it to unlock then it's ur fault and fair game. Granted this may have been in regards to raid mobs, and it was a couple years ago so that may not apply anymore.

Yonkec
05-04-2014, 12:36 AM
Just curious, but why wasn't the enchanter in the group that killed it?

Because that would have been too easy! Perhaps this will serve as a less to all future epic groups?

Locust
05-04-2014, 12:38 AM
Because that would have been too easy! Perhaps this will serve as a less to all future epic groups?

because groups are limited to 6 and his didn't get the exp. again i know its hard to understand but pls try.

fastboy21
05-04-2014, 12:59 AM
Neriak is a dangerous backalley zone of ninjalooting and vendor puppet string theft

thank you. this made me chuckle irl.

Man0warr
05-04-2014, 01:06 AM
So the whole point of this is to prevent stall tanking right? What about the new escalation of tactics where the two "trackers' are face tracking characters armed with discs and donal's bps?

Would like a staff response please.

It's not stalling if the monk+cleric with Donals is all that's needed to kill the mob - there are no rules against how long you take to kill a mob.

Zuranthium
05-04-2014, 02:02 AM
Any corpse that is lootable by a person should be able to be looted.

/thread

getsome
05-04-2014, 02:51 AM

[Sat May 03 11:56:08 2014] Welcome to EverQuest!
[Sat May 03 11:56:08 2014] If you need help, click on the EQ Menu button at the bottom of your screen and select the "Help" option.
[Sat May 03 11:56:08 2014] You have entered Neriak Third Gate.
[Sat May 03 11:56:08 2014] MESSAGE OF THE DAY: Welcome to Project1999: The Ruins of Kunark! Visit project1999.com for news and required play files. Please remember to submit bugs on the forums. /petition should only be used for immediate help!
[Sat May 03 11:56:11 2014] Jsvan Zexus's casting is interrupted!
[Sat May 03 11:56:12 2014] Jsvan Zexus begins to cast a spell.
[Sat May 03 11:56:22 2014] Jsvan Zexus's casting is interrupted!
[Sat May 03 11:56:22 2014] Jsvan Zexus begins to cast a spell.
[Sat May 03 11:56:32 2014] Jsvan Zexus's casting is interrupted!
[Sat May 03 11:56:33 2014] Jsvan Zexus begins to cast a spell.
[Sat May 03 11:56:43 2014] Pricila begins to cast a spell.
[Sat May 03 11:56:45 2014] Pricila's casting is interrupted!
[Sat May 03 11:56:55 2014] Pricila begins to cast a spell.
[Sat May 03 11:56:56 2014] Players on EverQuest:
[Sat May 03 11:56:56 2014] ---------------------------
[Sat May 03 11:56:56 2014] [53 Illusionist] Saraya (Dark Elf)
[Sat May 03 11:56:56 2014] [ANONYMOUS] Pricila <Bregan D`Aerth>
[Sat May 03 11:56:56 2014] [58 Troubadour] Kekephee (Half Elf) <Bregan D`Aerth>
[Sat May 03 11:56:56 2014] [ANONYMOUS] Ramsis <Bregan D`Aerth>
[Sat May 03 11:56:56 2014] [55 Master] Yeshi (Iksar) <Bregan D`Aerth>
[Sat May 03 11:56:56 2014] [1 Cleric] Evotat (Dark Elf)
[Sat May 03 11:56:56 2014] There are 6 players in Neriak Third Gate.

Otur
05-04-2014, 04:11 AM

http://i.imgur.com/7RHgc4J.jpg

moklianne
05-04-2014, 09:06 AM
because groups are limited to 6 and his didn't get the exp. again i know its hard to understand but pls try.

Or the group was already there for some other purpose, didn't have an Enchanter, they saw the mob asked in /gu if anyone needs, killed it and waited for said enchanter to arrive to loot it. Sara saw that no enchanter was looting it and said, "fuck, I'll take it if its going to rot, these chumps won't even talk to me"

If you aren't in the exp group that gets the kill are you entitled to it? Regardless of another groups intent? The game says this corpse is now open, which means EQ says 'have at it'. I'm not saying Sara was right, but neither was the OP. Sounds like both sides were being assholes.

fastboy21
05-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Updates?

Brut
05-04-2014, 09:42 AM
You didn't kill it - don't loot it. Generally the guideline for every server you can find.

There's alot of nonsense the game allows you to do, but you sure as hell shouldn't be doing it. Stop trying to justify ninja looting with "but the game mechanics open the corpse for everyone guyz!!".

Champion_Standing
05-04-2014, 09:51 AM
How is it that you can assemble a raid force and down a mob in less than 60 seconds but you can't fucking right click the corpse and loot it before it opens up?

Noobish and sloppy behavior should be punished, you deserved to lose that loot.

radditsu
05-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Anthrax was right.

freez
05-04-2014, 10:18 AM
wow such competition

thieros
05-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Or the group was already there for some other purpose, didn't have an Enchanter, they saw the mob asked in /gu if anyone needs, killed it and waited for said enchanter to arrive to loot it. Sara saw that no enchanter was looting it and said, "fuck, I'll take it if its going to rot, these chumps won't even talk to me"

I'll bite on this :

SWING AND A MISS. jumps 10 pages into thread, doesnt read anything.

Chanter (Precilia was there the whole time brah. Soemtimes when you are doing those epic fights, in the rush of the race, you forget to get the right people in groups or forget to click follow, etc.

HeallunRumblebelly
05-04-2014, 10:25 AM
In her defense I have seen GMs post before that if you leave stuff on a corpse long enough for it to unlock then it's ur fault and fair game. Granted this may have been in regards to raid mobs, and it was a couple years ago so that may not apply anymore.

Nah. Anthrax looted an executioner blade at like 10 seconds left (garbage item, left to rot) and still got suspended for it. Max lols :P

HeallunRumblebelly
05-04-2014, 10:27 AM

If you aren't in the exp group that gets the kill are you entitled to it? Regardless of another groups intent? The game says this corpse is now open, which means EQ says 'have at it'. I'm not saying Sara was right, but neither was the OP. Sounds like both sides were being assholes.

Chest is an asshole, but he's absolutely right. Verina tomb is a highly contested epic mob whose only purpose is being a highly contested epic mob. People don't just fucking show up in NeriakC and kill her for lols. Saraya went nuts after losing the mob while camping it for several days and ninja'd it. Got fucked because of it. Why we needed a thread on it is another thing entirely.

freez
05-04-2014, 10:30 AM
just cast VoG imo, no rush needed on blue

moklianne
05-04-2014, 10:34 AM
SWING AND A MISS. jumps 10 pages into thread, doesnt read anything.

Chanter (Precilia was there the whole time brah. Soemtimes when you are doing those epic fights, in the rush of the race, you forget to get the right people in groups or forget to click follow, etc.

Actually, while skimming through the usual nonsense, I missed that post. Thank you for enlightening me oh great one!

Can you also answer something though? How many people in BDA actually killed the mob? If there were only ever 5 people in the zone for BDA (the impression given), why wasn't she in that group?

HeallunRumblebelly
05-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Actually, while skimming through the usual nonsense, I missed that post. Thank you for enlightening me oh great one!

Can you also answer something though? How many people in BDA actually killed the mob? If there were only ever 5 people in the zone for BDA (the impression given), why wasn't she in that group?

probs cuz they engaged / killed it while she was less than 8 minutes out cuz they're good guildees? :P

edit: god, could you imagine if we had to be all grouped / prepped before we pulled anything, heh.

thieros
05-04-2014, 11:06 AM

you literally quoted the answer to your own question while asking it!

Cecily
05-04-2014, 11:07 AM
I wanna know why BDA made this thread if they didn't kill the mob.

Meiva
05-04-2014, 12:15 PM
This is a hit to the community. Saraya had been forming strong groups since she began playing this enchanter. You have likely seen her group schedules on the forums, and maybe have grouped with her yourself. This is a great player that, as far as I know, has not made such a mistake in the past. Instead she has helped others, while only relatively recently been seeking help for her epic quest.

A mistake was made, and it is one that can be corrected. It is unfortunate that she did not communicate better with those in the zone, as I know her to always communicate when our groups were to encroach upon another as to assure we do not disturb them. I do believe Saraya was in the wrong, but I also hope that any ban will be temporary. Many of us enjoy our time in the groups that she invests so much energy in to forming for us.

If you re-roll Saraya, you now damn well I'll help you get rolling again. It seems unjust to lose your enchanter over this.

Locust
05-04-2014, 12:57 PM

1) the bda enchanter was there when verina spawned
2) the bda enchanter called for help and the guild responded
3) the bda force killed verina in 4 minutes and 15 seconds
4) the bda enchanter wasn't in the exp group
5) the loot wasn't going to rot
7) if a guild kills a mob, the guild is entitled to the loot (hard part to understand)
8) pls try to understand

khanable
05-04-2014, 01:16 PM
haha pixels

Juevento
05-04-2014, 01:36 PM
VT confirmed up on red server.

Fazlazen
05-04-2014, 01:45 PM
another clear case of BDA bullying the little guy...

Wrench
05-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Nah. Anthrax looted an executioner blade at like 10 seconds left (garbage item, left to rot) and still got suspended for it. Max lols :P

bad analogy, thats a raid encounter

Kekephee
05-04-2014, 02:23 PM
This is a hit to the community. Saraya had been forming strong groups since she began playing this enchanter. You have likely seen her group schedules on the forums, and maybe have grouped with her yourself. This is a great player that, as far as I know, has not made such a mistake in the past. Instead she has helped others, while only relatively recently been seeking help for her epic quest.

A mistake was made, and it is one that can be corrected. It is unfortunate that she did not communicate better with those in the zone, as I know her to always communicate when our groups were to encroach upon another as to assure we do not disturb them. I do believe Saraya was in the wrong, but I also hope that any ban will be temporary. Many of us enjoy our time in the groups that she invests so much energy in to forming for us.

If you re-roll Saraya, you now damn well I'll help you get rolling again. It seems unjust to lose your enchanter over this.

Truthfully, I had been in a HS group with Saraya like two days before this happened. It was pretty short-lived because she joined halfway through, but she seemed like a good player and a cool person. I was surprised when I saw the message in guild chat saying she'd ninjad the book. I cringed a bit when I saw Chest had made this thread; Saraya didn't seem like someone who deserved to be name and shamed and have something like this follow her around. I knew the GMs would restore the book, probably suspend her, I didn't see any reason to drag her through town in a big cone hat and let kids throw horseshit at her. But, it was done, I had no say in it, whatever.

Here's the thing, though, that I'm trying to wrap my head around: Is it really possible to be a good player and not an idiot and really think that this "the corpse went unlooted for two minutes so I thought they had just gotten a group together to kill the mob for no reason and weren't going to loot the book and no one would mind if I took it!" argument is going to fly? Could anyone who's played this game for more than fifteen minutes in their entire life, never mind someone who has the wherewithal to form groups and grind dungeons and lead, really believe that could be a reasonable excuse?

Kekephee
05-04-2014, 02:37 PM
bad analogy, thats a raid encounter

You can either apply raid rules to this epic-level encounter and conclude that whoever has a force assembled first and gets FTE gets the mob, or you can apply group rules to this level 60 encounter and conclude that a single level 53 enchanter cannot by any stretch of the imagination kill Verina Tomb and therefore was not camping the mob. So, you know.

Ennewi
05-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Truthfully, I had been in a HS group with Saraya like two days before this happened. It was pretty short-lived because she joined halfway through, but she seemed like a good player and a cool person. I was surprised when I saw the message in guild chat saying she'd ninjad the book. I cringed a bit when I saw Chest had made this thread; Saraya didn't seem like someone who deserved to be name and shamed and have something like this follow her around. I knew the GMs would restore the book, probably suspend her, I didn't see any reason to drag her through town in a big cone hat and let kids throw horseshit at her. But, it was done, I had no say in it, whatever.

Here's the thing, though, that I'm trying to wrap my head around: Is it really possible to be a good player and not an idiot and really think that this "the corpse went unlooted for two minutes so I thought they had just gotten a group together to kill the mob for no reason and weren't going to loot the book and no one would mind if I took it!" argument is going to fly? Could anyone who's played this game for more than fifteen minutes in their entire life, never mind someone who has the wherewithal to form groups and grind dungeons and lead, really believe that could be a reasonable excuse?

^ This.

It sounds like impulse got the better of Saraya. Xp group aside, no idea why the corpse wasn't locked down until BDA chanter showed up, especially with other player(s) in zone. Lesson learned on both sides at least.

Grimfan
05-04-2014, 02:51 PM

Nope. I'm pretty sure that they just said it because they were hoping to scoot the punishment, or make themselves look better. It takes a strong person to admit that they made a mistake in the heat of the moment and took something that wasn't theirs.

Honestly, your guild leader is an asshole, but a lot of this could have been avoided I think if he had simply told her that he wasn't interested in helping her with her epic. When you decide to ignore people you start to create drama, and it would not surprise me if he was actually happy this happened, knowing that he would get the item back to the right person, and that he would get to create a bunch of drama and shame some casual player. That's the vibe I get from this.

I'd also like to state that the quote in his signature is probably the bit of this thread that really makes it.

Wrench
05-04-2014, 03:01 PM
it would not surprise me if he was actually happy this happened, knowing that he would get the item back to the right person, and that he would get to create a bunch of drama and shame some casual player. That's the vibe I get from this.

100%

dunno many established guilds stupid enough to leave an epic mobs corpse unlocked while person who just lost race hovers close by

against server rules or not, most would just keep corpse locked and avoid drama

arsenalpow
05-04-2014, 03:09 PM
^ This.

It sounds like impulse got the better of Saraya. Xp group aside, no idea why the corpse wasn't locked down until BDA chanter showed up, especially with other player(s) in zone. Lesson learned on both sides at least.

The BDA chanter was there the entire time, she wasn't in the xp group. She was waiting for the corpse to unlock, the second it unlocked saraya swooped in and ninja looted the item. Why is this so hard to understand?

and why shouldn't a ninja looter be named and shamed?? under what wacky scenario can ninja looting be justified. We had no communication with saraya, she never sent a tell to anyone, she never spoke in /say, she just ninja'd the item the second the corpse opened. There is no excuse.

Kekephee
05-04-2014, 03:16 PM
But Chest, what about was the enchanter in exp grup

Is impratan details WHY CHANTER WAS NO IN EXP GUP

moklianne
05-04-2014, 03:29 PM
But Chest, what about was the enchanter in exp grup

Is impratan details WHY CHANTER WAS NO IN EXP GUP

That's all I've been asking. If there were only 5 BDA people there and the enchanter was there the entire time, why wasn't she in the group? The whole thing is fishy.

moklianne
05-04-2014, 03:32 PM
^ This.

I agree. EQ drives people to impulse behavior like this all the time. You camp something for a day or so straight, someone comes in and gets the kill, you can't help but be pissed. You have to step back and pause for a minute before acting in situations like this.

Susano
05-04-2014, 03:46 PM
Clearly VT needs to be added to the rotation list if it's this contested. My heart breaks seeing BDA compete when it's clear they abhor such actions.

Joyelle
05-04-2014, 04:03 PM
That's all I've been asking. If there were only 5 BDA people there and the enchanter was there the entire time, why wasn't she in the group? The whole thing is fishy.

IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER

Maybe in all the excitement of actually seeing VT after staring at the walls of Neriak for 6 days she did not see that the invitation had been sent (depending on the UI this is completely plausible). Nothing fishy about it. Stop reading more into this than there actually is.

If your friend didn't kill the mob and she didn't have permission from the people who did, SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE LOOTED IT. How fucking hard is it to understand this concept really?

innocent51
05-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Nothing against BDA here and Saraya always was nice to me and a decent person.

I understand what he did, even tho understandable, was wrong. However the whole starting a thread here calling him ninja looter is a bit hard coming from a well established a numerous guild toward a fresh unguilded player trying to make his way through classic EverQuest.

I mean if she was banned she was very probably wrong and DBA was right. But you guys really should take some distance and drop the pixel rage. We'r like 2000 people playing on an emulated server of our childhood's game. Seriously? Calling people names for forumzerker for a semi rare duoable crap?

Man0warr
05-04-2014, 04:25 PM
No one is raging in BDA - as soon as it got ninja'd they knew the GMs would handle it. Chest just posted in case it took the GMs awhile to ban, so others don't get ninja looted.

Saraya is the one raging.

moklianne
05-04-2014, 04:47 PM
Saraya is the one raging.

Like 5 pages back. Since then just the trollers and trollees have been involved.

Man0warr
05-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Pretty much

Meiva
05-04-2014, 05:03 PM

I agree. I can imagine some frustration, impulse and then instant regret. Saraya has been investing many hours as of late on the epic grind, which of course can be an especially difficult one for an enchanter. It seems the wrongdoing was acknowledged. This thread leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I feel sorry for Saraya that you have to scroll about 13 pages of hate and garbage before those that know what a great player you are spoke up. I hope that your enchanter is unlocked, and that you do not feel your name is ruined.

khanable
05-04-2014, 05:13 PM
I feel sorry for Saraya

a thief is a thief

eq is a social game; people are held accountable for their actions

it's classic

moklianne
05-04-2014, 05:18 PM
a thief is a thief

it's classic

And no one in RL ever makes a bad judgement...

khanable
05-04-2014, 05:19 PM
And no one in RL ever makes a bad judgement...

and when they do, they're usually* held accountable for it?

*rich people don't apply

moklianne
05-04-2014, 05:22 PM
and when they do, they're usually* held accountable for it?

*rich people don't apply

Exactly, which has happened. This seemed to have moved from a police blotter to a cover story.

khanable
05-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Exactly, which has happened. This seemed to have moved from a police blotter to a cover story.

In small towns a high valued theft is probably cover story.

I don't get what you're trying to get at.

moklianne
05-04-2014, 05:30 PM
In small towns a high valued theft is probably cover story.

I don't get what you're trying to get at.

That is true. ;)

If the fact that the character was banned is true, then punishment was delivered. I don't see the reason to shame anyone at that point, or even the point of this entire thread really.

Man0warr
05-04-2014, 05:37 PM
If the fact that the character was banned is true, then punishment was delivered. I don't see the reason to shame anyone at that point, or even the point of this entire thread really.

He wasn't banned yet when the post was made.

khanable
05-04-2014, 05:39 PM
I don't see the reason to shame anyone at that point, or even the point of this entire thread really.

EC scammers, RMT overlords, etc, all get named and shamed - ninja looters have in the past and will continue to be into the future, because..

All about dat reputation dawg

arsenalpow
05-04-2014, 05:45 PM
He wasn't banned yet when the post was made.

tbh i posted this thread and the petition thread simultaneously, i'm an asshole remember

Ennewi
05-04-2014, 05:47 PM
The BDA chanter was there the entire time, she wasn't in the xp group. She was waiting for the corpse to unlock, the second it unlocked saraya swooped in and ninja looted the item. Why is this so hard to understand?

Because either the timer went past the mark because of carelessness where anyone walking by could've looted or someone in the xp group right-clicked the corpse and waited, to time it so guildy could loot. I might've misread somewhere.

quido
05-04-2014, 05:52 PM
It's fun to do bad things to BDA

Glenzig
05-04-2014, 07:11 PM
I'm not getting something here. Is this a raid mob? I'm fairly new. So please explain.

Cecily
05-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Like the one nightmare part of Enc epic. She's ~a week long spawn in Neriak you need a few people for.

Lisset
05-04-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm not getting something here. Is this a raid mob? I'm fairly new. So please explain.

Bottleneck mob for chanter epic. Spawns every week or so.

SyanideGas
05-04-2014, 07:16 PM
haha pixels

Glenzig
05-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Like the one nightmare part of Enc epic. She's ~a week long spawn in Neriak you need a few people for.

So not a raid mob? Not on a raid mob list?

khanable
05-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Not a raid mob

Glenzig
05-04-2014, 09:02 PM
So if it isn't a raid mob, then wouldn't global loot rules apply? I.e. if you let the corpse timer reach the ffa loot timer, then it's considered rot loot, and it's ffa? Or what am I missing?

Exmo
05-04-2014, 09:14 PM
So if it isn't a raid mob, then wouldn't global loot rules apply? I.e. if you let the corpse timer reach the ffa loot timer, then it's considered rot loot, and it's ffa? Or what am I missing?

I don't believe that's officially the rule? I'm happy to be corrected, But I thought that if you didn't kill it you don't loot it was the server standard.

Castigate
05-04-2014, 09:17 PM
You're missing that that's not the ninja loot rule.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=489619&postcount=1

Glenzig
05-04-2014, 09:52 PM
I don't believe that's officially the rule? I'm happy to be corrected, But I thought that if you didn't kill it you don't loot it was the server standard.

So if someone clears a camp of, lets say Orcs in crushbone, doesn't loot any of them, but goes and fights at another uncontested camp. It would be considered ninja looting for someone to loot the belts off the Orcs after the loot timer has expired? Is that correct?

Kekephee
05-04-2014, 10:11 PM
I don't know if you're trolling, and I want to not be a dick here, so let me try to actually answer your question: There's a pretty major difference between an epic mob that spawns once a week and 5 crushbone orcs that will respawn in 20 minutes in a zone full of crushbone orcs. Putting that aside, there's another huge problem with your question: why did you actually go out of your way to mention in your example that someone leaves the corpses to go to another camp? You could just as easily have said someone runs up to the camp where they're fighting and spam-clicks the corpse until it opens up and they steal it from the people who it belongs to, which would be relatable to this situation, as opposed to something completely different and absolutely not related.

Which, I would say, yes, is ninja looting, and in a world where the GMs wouldn't laugh in your fucking face for wasting their time on a Crushbone Belt ninja loot, yes, I believe they would move the item to its rightful owner. Not that that world exists. I know if I were a GM I would be very, very sore having to spend a minute of my time on such a stupid, low-stakes item conflict.

I think I'm going to go ahead and retire from this thread because this shit was settled like a day and a half ago, it's over, there's no point in any of this, it's just keeping bad mojo on the front page of the server board and I'm not about that, and also I'm so tired of it

Glenzig
05-04-2014, 10:21 PM
I'm just trying to figure out where the imaginary line is drawn so i dont do something stupid one day and end up getting called out on the boards for it. Really just trying to understand the difference.

HethGnome
05-04-2014, 10:23 PM
So if someone clears a camp of, lets say Orcs in crushbone, doesn't loot any of them, but goes and fights at another uncontested camp. It would be considered ninja looting for someone to loot the belts off the Orcs after the loot timer has expired? Is that correct?

Yes, by definition that would be ninja-looting. But as the long-winded fellow above pointed out, you can't really compare crushbone orcs to verina tomb.

Glenzig
05-04-2014, 10:28 PM
I guess I'm just confused as to why there is a loot timer that opens up ffa loot, if no one is ever supposed to use it.

Aeaolena
05-04-2014, 10:36 PM
I am 17 pages late to this thread, but I am glad this asshole is banned.

Ninja looting - especially an epic mob - is one of the biggest classic EQ Taboos. You can basically kiss your reputation goodbye. Apparently this person thought so little of themselves that they stood over the corpse spam-clicking it. They made their bed.

And I know it sucks to be a friend or acquaintance of Saraya and to come across the news of his actions out of the blue. But... it is probably in your best interest not to come here and try to find shades of grey. It makes you look bad in the public eye of the rest of the server, because it shows the rest of us you cannot fully conceive just how bad Ninja Looting is.

Basically, be careful not ruin your own p1999 reputation on behalf of someone who you didn't know as well as you thought you did.

fastboy21
05-04-2014, 10:50 PM
Bann for this? is this confirmed?

Shannacore
05-04-2014, 10:55 PM
in b4 R&F

Pheer
05-04-2014, 10:59 PM
I guess I'm just confused as to why there is a loot timer that opens up ffa loot, if no one is ever supposed to use it.

"because the way the game is coded allows me to do it" is not an acceptable defense for being an asshole on here dawg

If thats how it worked I could just train somebody and say "Im just confused as to why im able to feign death mobs next to people if im never supposed to do it"

mtb tripper
05-04-2014, 11:03 PM
move to rnf

mtb tripper
05-04-2014, 11:04 PM
it needs something

Pricila
05-05-2014, 01:03 AM
Just to clarify it again:

I were standing over the corspe the second she died.
I were permaclicking it.

Saraya was siting next to the mob and she did the same because the second it went open she was in the mob and the second she looted it she went instant LD.

Were in all this you get the Feeling "oh thease guild killed a Mob and now the loot is going to root?"

cu

Prici

Clark
05-05-2014, 01:05 AM
in b4 R&F

Doors
05-05-2014, 01:58 AM
Blue toxic as fuck Chest a saint

Zalora
05-05-2014, 04:14 AM
"because the way the game is coded allows me to do it" is not an acceptable defense for being an asshole on here dawg

If thats how it worked I could just train somebody and say "Im just confused as to why im able to feign death mobs next to people if im never supposed to do it"

But the loot timer was specifically built into the game to allow the public access to items. It has nothing to do with ninja looting if you don't even loot your own items.

If you don't want to loot something then someone else can get it. This was how things were done in classic.

Glenzig
05-05-2014, 07:16 AM

Well, I kind of get what you're saying, but that's not really a great example. If you were to train someone you would be force ably exploiting game design. What I'm talking about is a passive game design that triggers on every single kill if you let it. Something that seems to have been put in the game for a purpose. But it seems that purpose is bannable in certain circumstances.
Btw. I don't really care about the Ench that looted the epic piece. I'm talking about in just an ordinary circumstance with regular type mobs. Seems a little harsh that someone would be able to call ninja loot on someone when they let the timer open up ffa loot.

derpcake
05-05-2014, 07:57 AM
OH NOS.

moklianne
05-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Losing steam, pls move to RnF

moklianne
05-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Bann for this? is this confirmed?

I don't think its confirmed, but a few said it happened. In the end, with a thread like this, she'd probably be better rerolling now anyway.

Daldaen
05-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Same dude who created a RNF because I wouldn't do a camp check for some anon person I don't know... This would be exactly why. I have no interest in helping people who may turn out to be ninja looters.

Brut
05-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Something that seems to have been put in the game for a purpose.
This is Verant we're talking here. Get that kinda talk outta here.

Champion_Standing
05-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Same dude who created a RNF because I wouldn't do a camp check for some anon person I don't know... This would be exactly why. I have no interest in helping people who may turn out to be ninja looters.

I thought you wouldn't do a camp check for an anon person because if they are anon you can't see where they are and have them do camp checks for you. But it makes more sense now, if they are anon they may turn out to be a ninja looter.

rofl

Daldaen
05-05-2014, 09:41 AM
EXP / Loot was originally determined by whoever got the kill shot... You do know that right?

It wasn't until October of 1999 that EXP and looting rights were rewarded to the group with the highest percent of damage.

Koota
05-05-2014, 09:46 AM
STOP GETTING OFF TRACK.

fishingme
05-05-2014, 10:19 AM
BDA dumb move, GM ban on dude, dumb move. No enchanter from bda in zone, corpse timer was gone enough to allow anyone to loot. Will start reporting lowbies for ninja looting my rusty long swords now. BDA, figured you would have more respect for people camping a mob, asshole move, tmo2.0, too bad you're not good enough to be there, shitty enough though. Not everyone has multiple high level chars to log off in neriak with and then play on a different char. Saraya was camping said mob, but her raid force was "using the bathroom" while enroute, two minutes, three minutes they were using the bathroom man! Just like the whole "you can't lose your camp because you're in the bathroom for a couple of minutes past mob spawn.

moklianne
05-05-2014, 10:48 AM
BDA dumb move, GM ban on dude, dumb move. No enchanter from bda in zone, corpse timer was gone enough to allow anyone to loot. Will start reporting lowbies for ninja looting my rusty long swords now. BDA, figured you would have more respect for people camping a mob, asshole move, tmo2.0, too bad you're not good enough to be there, shitty enough though. Not everyone has multiple high level chars to log off in neriak with and then play on a different char. Saraya was camping said mob, but her raid force was "using the bathroom" while enroute, two minutes, three minutes they were using the bathroom man! Just like the whole "you can't lose your camp because you're in the bathroom for a couple of minutes past mob spawn.

Thus, if you camp, you must poopsock.

moklianne
05-05-2014, 10:51 AM
EXP / Loot was originally determined by whoever got the kill shot... You do know that right?

It wasn't until October of 1999 that EXP and looting rights were rewarded to the group with the highest percent of damage.

VT dps fights were fantastic. How how I both hated and miss them at the same time.

Elendae
05-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Don't know either BDA or Saraya or anyone in between but a suspension and item return should be good enough, no? Mistakes happen. Rationale gets befuddled when stakes are high. I doubt any player on here is a perfect saint of an EQ player. But eh. My two cents.

P.S. Of course I logged out. I knew the moment after I did it, it was a mistake and that I'd get steam rolled by a hundred BDA tells. What's the alternative, stay logged in and 'take it like a man?'

Garmr
05-05-2014, 11:32 AM
<---- Fucking saint

jaybone
05-05-2014, 11:41 AM
From this point on in this thread lets post things Chest has done that were scumbag.

Juevento
05-05-2014, 11:47 AM
He was born.

/thread

arsenalpow
05-05-2014, 11:47 AM
From this point on in this thread lets post things Chest has done that were scumbag.

I'll start. Personally ushered this server into a rotation system that unfairly restricts hardcore guilds from monopolizing raid content.

Morley
05-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Saraya was always great to me but these contested mobs really bring out the worst of people on both sides. Going about unguilded 50+ and doing contested mobs just seems like a fail in the end no matter what. To me it just seems like a waste of time unless you have enough clout to get guild mates rather than relying on /who friend all.

Erati
05-05-2014, 12:07 PM
I'll start. Personally ushered this server into a rotation system that unfairly restricts hardcore guilds from monopolizing raid content.

way to ruin the high end Epic MQ market with your casual wellfare pixels

thanks alot jerk !

Ennewi
05-05-2014, 12:28 PM
And I know it sucks to be a friend or acquaintance of Saraya and to come across the news of his actions out of the blue. But... it is probably in your best interest not to come here and try to find shades of grey. It makes you look bad in the public eye of the rest of the server, because it shows the rest of us you cannot fully conceive just how bad Ninja Looting is.

Basically, be careful not ruin your own p1999 reputation on behalf of someone who you didn't know as well as you thought you did.

It is interesting though, how often it happens irl and in games. Whenever someone breaks the rules or says something deemed offensive it seems like at least some of their friends try separate the person from their action(s), fully supporting them and only half-condemning the act, if at all. And if somehow there's no one there to support that person than he/she immediately brings up how much good they've done in the past and whatnot.

Anyway, getting off topic. Still not sure why someone in xp group didn't just lock down the corpse, especially with a nonguilded chanter sitting right next to it, but then what are the odds a high level player would risk being doing something selfish that would no doubt result in a suspension or ban? Actually, the odds are pretty good. Not blaming the xp group though. The only way this wouldn't look bad imo is if the corpse had >10sec left on it and no other chanter was in zone, since chanter epic is not MQable.

arsenalpow
05-05-2014, 12:31 PM
For the 10th time, the corpse was looted the second it came open. Our enchanter and the ninja looter were both there watching it tick down. Even if I had locked the corpse what would have stopped that person from spam looting once I got off of it?

Erati
05-05-2014, 12:37 PM
has this been resolved ?

or does Saraya still own Innorruk's Word or whatever its called

Ennewi
05-05-2014, 12:40 PM
For the 10th time, the corpse was looted the second it came open. Our enchanter and the ninja looter were both there watching it tick down. Even if I had locked the corpse what would have stopped that person from spam looting once I got off of it?

Yes I read that part. What I'm saying is, Saraya couldn't have then said "well I thought it was going to rot." No one really believes that I don't think, but still, it leaves no room for anyone to step in and say anything contrary.

SyanideGas
05-05-2014, 12:42 PM
POLITICS

arsenalpow
05-05-2014, 12:45 PM
has this been resolved ?

or does Saraya still own Innorruk's Word or whatever its called

The item has not been moved to the BDA enchanter yet because I believe Sirken is very backlogged with reimbursements but the ninja looter in question does not have access to his/her account at this time and most likely will not until the matter is resolved.

Nivar Quartz
05-05-2014, 12:50 PM
THIS THREAD REALLY SUX

http://i.imgur.com/GK8iRcO.jpg

So....

http://i.imgur.com/i9YqjXT.gif

Thank you, come again ....

http://i.imgur.com/UZBTDoG.gif

Otur
05-05-2014, 12:51 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSY_zGvLWGXpfY-hcwG4Om7UL9q4Buo8D-Fib_aqIHiJCeHsxDb

jaybone
05-05-2014, 12:52 PM

Only because you couldn't compete.

SyanideGas
05-05-2014, 12:53 PM
THIS THREAD REALLY SUX

http://i.imgur.com/GK8iRcO.jpg

So....

http://i.imgur.com/i9YqjXT.gif

Thank you, come again ....

http://i.imgur.com/UZBTDoG.gif

http://i.imgur.com/NckG41a.gif

Archalen
05-05-2014, 01:16 PM
White knight guild bda picking on unguilded enchanter confirmed casuals are toxic

#cantcompete
#britneyspearstoxic
#systemofadowntoxicity
#darksouls

Juevento
05-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Guys, I really think you are missing the point. There are so many unanswered questions here.

1. Why were the only 5 BDA for the kill and the enchanter wasn't in the exp group?
2. Why didn't BDA have the enchanter in the zone? The corpse open to FFA by the time the enchanter showed up to loot.
3. Why didn't BDA offer to help the other enchanter or give her force time to arrive to compete for the mob?

Something seriously fishy is going on here and we really need to figure out why BDA wanted to get this enchanter banned.

#P99Benghazi

Nivar Quartz
05-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Guys, I really think you are missing the point. There are so many unanswered questions here.

1. Why were the only 5 BDA for the kill and the enchanter wasn't in the exp group?
2. Why didn't BDA have the enchanter in the zone? The corpse open to FFA by the time the enchanter showed up to loot.
3. Why didn't BDA offer to help the other enchanter or give her force time to arrive to compete for the mob?

Something seriously fishy is going on here and we really need to figure out why BDA wanted to get this enchanter banned.

#P99Benghazi

http://i.imgur.com/d0SrlXd.gif

moklianne
05-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Only because you couldn't compete.

Daaaamn

Daldaen
05-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Not sure if serious...

There were more than 5 in zone that screenshot was early. Verina isn't dead for example.
There was an enchanter poopsocking it. I believe it's the Priscila person?
That isn't how this server works for epic mobs they're all FTE or first to turn in.

This is just a case of a ninja looter... But I guess since BDA is involved and chest posted it warrants a 30 page thread.

Wudan
05-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Baning saraya is a joke and it proves how selective the punishments are here :-( how do you ban someone for looting open corpse is beyond me. I mean sure it is not cool, but dont ban the guy for punishing someones stupidity (hi bda) when you dont move finger in other, much more serious cases... Sad

khanable
05-05-2014, 01:40 PM
The state of corpse looting on this server is absolutely fucking deplorable

We have neckbearded pieces of shit using auto-fire keyboards to get FTL (first to loot) on every fucking corpse

I propose a class CSMF (cheating scumbag motherfuckers) and a class SUAMWAB (still uses a mouse with a ball) rotation for looting mobs

Would like a staff response and 60 angry replies please

Goofier
05-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Not sure if serious...

There were more than 5 in zone that screenshot was early. Verina isn't dead for example.
There was an enchanter poopsocking it. I believe it's the Priscila person?
That isn't how this server works for epic mobs they're all FTE or first to turn in.

This is just a case of a ninja looter... But I guess since BDA is involved and chest posted it warrants a 30 page thread.

Yeah, the screenshot was 'early', in that it showed Saraya was there and camping first, correct?

And then BDA said screw you, we don't have to allow you to be here first or even talk to you 'cause you're not in a guild?

Daldaen
05-05-2014, 01:51 PM
So you're telling me I have the right to ninja loot all Ragefire loot if I am sitting in lair alone and then 10 people come in and beat me to turning in pearl 20 minutes later?

Please.

That isn't how this server handles epic mobs and you know it. They are all first to engage.

I'd be fine if they were campable and if you are on their spawn point you claim them! But that just isn't gonna happen here. It's always going to be a race of Javelins.

tekniq
05-05-2014, 01:56 PM
The moral of the story is:

Lock the mob after you kill it (derp).
Have a raid force logged out in the zone to ensure your poopsock..least that's what I did and I was 2/2 for VT and VD

Dragonsblood1987
05-05-2014, 01:57 PM
I was happy about this until I remembered who that enc was. Good for you BDA, nice name and shame.

Is saraya server famous for being evil or something? I had a static group going with her from like lvl 25 to 45 when i was working on my warrior. She seemed alright to me, and was a pretty good chanter. She got really shitty and stopped talking to everyone after the party decided that we should sell the staff we got from xalgoz and split the plat though.

moklianne
05-05-2014, 02:01 PM
The moral of the story is:

Lock the mob after you kill it (derp).
Have a raid force logged out in the zone to ensure your poopsock..least that's what I did and I was 2/2 for VT and VD

And make sure you are in a guild if you expect to get anything of importance done on p99, because all guildless types are potential dishonorable ninjalooters and trainers. That is the classic motiv anyway.

Locust
05-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Baning saraya is a joke and it proves how selective the punishments are here :-( how do you ban someone for looting open corpse is beyond me. I mean sure it is not cool, but dont ban the guy for punishing someones stupidity (hi bda) when you dont move finger in other, much more serious cases... Sad

don't leave your car unlocked around this guy...

Goofier
05-05-2014, 02:16 PM

And don't steal someone's parking space when they're already waiting on it just 'cause you drive a trendy BMW.

Locust
05-05-2014, 02:17 PM
And don't steal someone's parking space when they're already waiting on it just 'cause you drive a trendy BMW.

irrelevant analogy. saraya didn't have a fucking car in the parking lot.

tekniq
05-05-2014, 02:26 PM
And make sure you are in a guild if you expect to get anything of importance done on p99, because all guildless types are potential dishonorable ninjalooters and trainers. That is the classic motiv anyway.

I had a guildie, a non guildie, and a random person help me when my VD popped last week. You dont NEED to be in a guild, you just need to make some friends. Shout out to big Snackie and Inappropriate!

Goofier
05-05-2014, 02:26 PM
irrelevant analogy. saraya didn't have a fucking car in the parking lot.

She was there all weekend waiting on the spot.

myriverse
05-05-2014, 02:29 PM
Uh... nowhere near the same thing.

moklianne
05-05-2014, 02:30 PM
I had a guildie, a non guildie, and a random person help me when my VD popped last week. You dont NEED to be in a guild, you just need to make some friends. Shout out to big Snackie and Inappropriate!

I agree, my comment was more of a sarcasm towards a lack of initial communication between the BDA group and Saraya because she was unguilded.

Locust
05-05-2014, 02:31 PM

without a car.

try standing in a parking space, in a crowded parking lot, telling people with cars they can't have the spot because you're holding it for a friend who might show up in 10 minutes. it's the way the world works and the way this server works. every raid level player on this server has been beaten at a race to a contested mob at least once. losing sucks but ninja looting is despicable.

HethGnome
05-05-2014, 02:31 PM

She was standing beside the parking space waiting on her friends to show up with the car. Someone else pulled up first and parked there. Such is the nature of parking lots and epic mobs.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-05-2014, 02:32 PM
I agree, my comment was more of a sarcasm towards a lack of initial communication between the BDA group and Saraya because she was unguilded.

Snackies is a hero. Bards should sing songs dedicated to his smug human face.

Locust
05-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Uh... nowhere near the same thing.

the implication from Wudan's post is its BDAs fault for having their loot stolen because they left the corpse unlocked, right?

do you deserve to have things stolen out of your car because you left it unlocked?

i'm trying to see it from your perspective but it's really not working

Goofier
05-05-2014, 02:36 PM
without a car.

try standing in a parking space, in a crowded parking lot, telling people with cars they can't have the spot because you're holding it for a friend who might show up in 10 minutes. it's the way the world works and the way this server works. every raid level player on this server has been beaten at a race to a contested mob at least once. losing sucks but ninja looting is despicable.

Oh, no doubt, can't defend ninja looting at all.
But BDA didn't have a car either, and Saraya's car only stopped because BDA ignored her and shoved into the space for their friend.

Locust
05-05-2014, 02:36 PM
She was standing beside the parking space waiting on her friends to show up with the car. Someone else pulled up first and parked there. Such is the nature of parking lots and epic mobs.

this guy gets it

Goofier
05-05-2014, 02:39 PM
this guy gets it

Not at all, BDA's friend's car wasn't there either.

Nivar Quartz
a thief is a thief

it's classic

http://i.imgur.com/gOzif13.gif

Glenzig

But wait. Didn't BDA do the same thing. They didn't have their "car" there either according to this analogy. They just put up some cones and tape.

I really think there could be some sort of compromise in these situations. Give the person who has been waiting all weekend on the spawn a chance to get help killing it before your Ench gets there. If the mob hasn't been engaged by then, then have at it. I know this will be laughed at. But it does kinda seem like the right thing to do.

Locust
05-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Not at all, BDA's friend's car wasn't there either.

then how did they kill it? verina is a parking space. the kill squad is a car. BDAs car got to the parking space first. parking spaces are first come first serve. it's the state of the server whether we like it or not.

Goofier
05-05-2014, 02:41 PM
But wait. Didn't BDA do the same thing. They didn't have their "car" there either according to this analogy. They just put up some cones and tape.

I really think there could be some sort of compromise in these situations. Give the person who has been waiting all weekend on the spawn a chance to get help killing it before your Ench gets there. If the mob hasn't been engaged by then, then have at it. I know this will be laughed at. But it does kinda seem like the right thing to do.

Exactly.

If it's okay for BDA to muscle in on the mob, then why is it not okay for Saraya to loot a rotting mob?

Again, no, I will not defend ninjalooting, and I think she should have left it, but BDA shouldn't have jumped in like that from the start.

HethGnome
05-05-2014, 02:45 PM

In this scenario, the car would be the force required to kill the mob.

According to earlier posts, both enchanters were present at the time of the spawn. BDA didn't wait for their chanter to arrive.

Goofier
05-05-2014, 02:46 PM
then how did they kill it? verina is a parking space. the kill squad is a car. BDAs car got to the parking space first. parking spaces are first come first serve. it's the state of the server whether we like it or not.

I thought they pulled and stalled until their car got there, no?

Locust
05-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Exactly.

If it's okay for BDA to muscle in on the mob, then why is it not okay for Saraya to loot a rotting mob?

Again, no, I will not defend ninjalooting, and I think she should have left it, but BDA shouldn't have jumped in like that from the start.

gm/server rules contested mobs are first to engage. trust me, i wish i could go sit in venril sathir's room and not get LOLstomped by TMO when he spawns, i really do.

Locust
05-05-2014, 02:47 PM

from chest's logs the fight lasted 4 minutes and 15 seconds on a mob that has 19000hp. thats 74.5dps from pull to death. they didn't stall.

Imslap
05-05-2014, 02:49 PM
This is the most RNF post on this forum yet it is in Server Chat. This is pretty ridiculous.

Juevento
05-05-2014, 02:50 PM

Nope. VT is a 2 person mob. BDA does what BDA does and zerged it with like 8.

Scikala
05-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Lets keep this thread going and see how many more analogies people can make to defend/shit on people involved.

Locust
05-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Nope. VT is a 2 person mob. BDA does what BDA does and zerged it with like 8.

yeah, if anything bda should be banned for zerging

Wrench
05-05-2014, 02:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gOzif13.gif

i remember when bda used to make fun of tmo for swarming into a thread and circle-jerking each other

Locust
05-05-2014, 02:56 PM
i remember when bda used to make fun of tmo for swarming into a thread and circle-jerking each other

and this isn't even RnF!

NegaStoat
05-05-2014, 02:58 PM

I'm willing to bet that this is exactly what the server staff handling this situation WISHED had gone down.

Enchanter A is camping spawn but has no kill force when spawn pops.

Enchanter B is not in zone or by spawn but a kill force arrives before Enchanter A's.

Enchanter B wins by default. Instead of it being a race of two parts of Enchanter + Kill force = now we engage. This is what we got instead. I'd rather see this resolved in public by the GM's with a "In this situation, our play nice rules mean X. Please start doing it."

Glenzig
05-05-2014, 02:58 PM
In this scenario, the car would be the force required to kill the mob.

According to earlier posts, both enchanters were present at the time of the spawn. BDA didn't wait for their chanter to arrive.

Well I'm not defending the ninja loot at all. That was a douche move. But isn't it just a brainless move to not have the person you are killing the mob for in your XP group to begin with? Couldn't all of this have been avoided by just doing that in the first place?