PDA

View Full Version : HELLO! YOU CAN BETA BUFF 60 ON TEST.

Penish
05-04-2014, 10:42 AM
Where tha peop's at? This is your opportunity to bypass a shitstorm of grinding and play your level 42 bronze / leather / cloth wearing noobie ass is some of the best gear available and whomp new content.

WTB Groups on BETA! /beta your noob ass and come have some fun adventuring while it lasts.

HeallunRumblebelly
05-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Watching people fuck off in NTOV and train me repeatedly...TOV is going to be such an insane game changer for guilds, heh.

webrunner5
05-04-2014, 11:01 AM
I haven't tried the Beta Buff thingy yet but it does sound pretty neat. But am I wrong in seeing you could loose a lot of your real gear if you sort of have a brain fart bringing a few of your old toons up??

Penish
05-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Its a copy, so like.. if you copy & paste something.. the original is still intact. Go beta buff yourself and win EQ!

Swish
05-04-2014, 11:26 AM
win EQ!

There are no winners, the closest you get is being among those waking the sleeper on opening night ;)

phacemeltar
05-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Its a copy, so like.. if you copy & paste something.. the original is still intact. Go beta buff yourself and win EQ!

can anyone verify this?

Thulack
05-04-2014, 12:50 PM
can anyone verify this?

when you /beta it copys your toon from blue/red server to beta server. Your real toon on red/blue is not affected in anyway.

Man0warr
05-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Why is the enchanter beta buff template so bad? No BCG or Hiero cloak.

Millburn
05-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Why is the enchanter beta buff template so bad? No BCG or Hiero cloak.

Seriously, we HAVE beta buff now. Let's not bitch about how good or bad it may be. Shit is 5000% better now that we have it period. Thanks a ton for putting it in you guys.

Man0warr
05-04-2014, 02:37 PM
I blame the people that nominated that enchanter for the template, not Rogean for implementing it.

Ele
05-04-2014, 08:59 PM
That 75 HP/mana is going to prevent people that would otherwise play on beta amiright?

Aussie
05-04-2014, 09:15 PM
I haven't tried the Beta Buff thingy yet but it does sound pretty neat. But am I wrong in seeing you could loose a lot of your real gear if you sort of have a brain fart bringing a few of your old toons up??

can anyone verify this?

The Beta server is a totally different Server.

Once you are on it, no changes made there will reflect upon your toon on blue or red server.

Frieza_Prexus
05-04-2014, 11:12 PM
I blame the people that nominated that enchanter for the template, not Rogean for implementing it.

As I mentioned, some of the gear is missing and was not properly converted. Secondly, my name got put in there as a base template for the base stats when I constructed the list of BIS gear and bags. (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1424899&postcount=19) I'm confident it'll be corrected shortly. I've offered Derubael for me to look up and edit in the ItemIDs for each piece of gear that is missing from the list to have it fixed.

In the mean time, try to make do with the RotAS and comprehensive resist sets.

webrunner5
05-05-2014, 11:48 AM
I have a toon on Beta now. Level 54. But it says, and I quote "All items in your inventory (Worn and in immediate inventory) will be deleted and replaced. Items in your bank will not be deleted, so place items there that you would like to keep."

That sure sounds different than the regular Beta thingy where you are whatever level you were on live. Sounds scary to me lol. :eek: So MAYBE you can go to a bank in Beta and get old gear????

Nirgon
05-05-2014, 11:50 AM
So people only want to be 60 and kill assrape CH rotation dragons? No one wants to try leveling up by holding down the rygorr fort etc?

Would allowing people to keep xp gained there on select weekends be a good idea? Maybe further in to things?

Bardalicious
05-05-2014, 11:53 AM
It's a pretty straightforward message. If you beta buff, you get insta-60 with a new set of gear / inventory to overwrite what your beta character already had on. If you want to keep stuff that you came to beta with, bank it before beta buffing to 60.

Note that none of this affects your original characters on either non-beta servers.