PDA

View Full Version : /target #

innocent51
05-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Was it nerfed/fixed? It doesnt seem to work on Quillmane PHs.

Daldaen
05-05-2014, 09:37 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135889&highlight=Quillmane

Nilbog: Players may no longer target wandering rare placeholders with /tar #

Laugher
05-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Yes, in one of the recent patches they fixed this (cant remember when but I do remember it in an update)

*edit* Daldaen ftw on that 1 :)

Frug
05-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Was this removed in classic?

Daldaen
05-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Nope but neither was people isolating exact PHers for Quillmane. Classic feel over classic mechanic on that change.

Koota
05-05-2014, 09:44 AM
pras

innocent51
05-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Nope but neither was people isolating exact PHers for Quillmane. Classic feel over classic mechanic on that change.

Rangers still can...

Daldaen
05-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Yes but it takes much more effort than running around spamming /tar a_lioness_00

quido
05-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Bards are the best trigger killers. Common knowledge.

webrunner5
05-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Bards are the best trigger killers. Common knowledge.

What he says. :p

Mirana
05-05-2014, 11:55 AM

So /target # was classic, but it gets changed
Item recharging is classic, but it stays because it was classic.

????

I don't mind it personally, but I can see why this would irritate a lot of players (assuming the above statements are correct).

Daldaen
05-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the server.

Some things are kept because classic mechanic (recharge), some things are kept because classic feel (mystery of rare spawns).

Freakish
05-05-2014, 12:01 PM
The best way to do it is when everyone in zone is under lvl 30, so you don't get people ganking your spawns. Then you go in by yourself and farm one cloak instead of 4+.

Mirana
05-05-2014, 12:05 PM
Welcome to the server.

Some things are kept because classic mechanic (recharge), some things are kept because classic feel (mystery of rare spawns).

Which is fine until someone presents a well reasoned argument for something being changed, and the response is "it was this way in classic so it won't change."

nilbog
05-05-2014, 12:06 PM
I'll return the # in front of the ph's name, when the camp functions exactly how it did in classic. How about that.

Mirana
05-05-2014, 12:11 PM
I'll return the # in front of the ph's name, when the camp functions exactly how it did in classic. How about that.

Not sure if this was directed at me. I'm not attacking the server staff in any way. I have no idea how Quillmane operated in classic, or here for that matter. But that would certainly explain why it was changed. Thank you for clarifying.

I was mostly pointing out the inconsistencies among the player base replying with "shit's classic," when a contrary precedent has been set in some instances.

Frug
05-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Not sure if this was directed at me. I'm not attacking the server staff in any way. I have no idea how Quillmane operated in classic, or here for that matter. But that would certainly explain why it was changed. Thank you for clarifying.

I was mostly pointing out the inconsistencies among the player base replying with "shit's classic," when a contrary precedent has been set in some instances.

1000 times this. Stuff here isn't classic; it's mostly classic-ish. Which is fine; I like it generally, and am willing to go by the rules that are in place.

But using "classic" as a defense for or against something (like the mind-bogglingly paranoid doomsayers with the offline log parsing map application) is just bizarre.

kaev
05-05-2014, 01:28 PM
But using "classic" as a defense for or against something (like the mind-bogglingly paranoid doomsayers with the offline log parsing map application) is just bizarre.

You're in our world now![tm]

Seriously, they're so classic here the forum's chock full of threads that smell just like good ol' whineplay.