PDA

View Full Version : PoG faction for a wood elf Bard?

iruinedyourday
05-06-2014, 04:39 AM
I've never raided the plane of breath before, so the factions and the quests and the drops, everything is kind of alien to me.

What I'm trying to figure out is as a wood elf bard if I lose faction here am I going to be screwed?

I want to camp the sisters in the ocean of tears, but they give negative faction for this zone.

Can anyone give me some advice? Am I going to lose faction with the plain of growth anyways by raiding? Or am I shooting myself in the foot if I tank my faction here?

Bard armor drops in POG and Tunari herself drops a pretty nice bard dirk, so I assume I'm going to eventually be losing faction with her?

Seems like if you have negative faction the only thing that happens is the protectors of growth spawn and attack you every 25 mins. Is this something that is going to be happening anyways because inevitably someone in the raid here besides myself will have bad faction with POG?

Thanks! I really need to make some money and I'd love to level up Killin these sisters so let me know what I should do, thank you!

fastboy21
05-06-2014, 04:59 AM
protectors of growth not exactly a minor thing...they will zone wide aggro and kill you as you zone in if you are KoS. Leaving your corpse there being camped by them unless you find help.

Softcore PK
05-06-2014, 05:09 AM
The muffin quest counteracts some (maybe all?) of the faction issues, so you'll at least be able to hang out in Kelethin again. My Tunare bard ruined her Tunare faction soon after going x-team, and it seemed completely appropriate so I never bothered fixing it. It is nice being non-KoS in PoG, especially as classes like bard and cleric. Can help a lot with CRs and stuff.

If you have a RP reason for not killing stuff in PoG, then please don't do it! It's not worth it imo.

iruinedyourday
05-06-2014, 05:21 AM
What type of activities are there in POG? Quests? Grouping? Or is it raiding? Killing things that lower everyone's faction there? Is there a dark race counterpart to this zone?

Like what I'm wondering if your a good race, do you not kill things in this zone? No raiding?

Softcore PK
05-06-2014, 05:28 AM
There are some quests like the Tunare pally epic. It's really only a zone for elves, druids and rangers. Other good races can kill all they want without losing anything but elf faction, as far as I remember.

EDIT: For Tunare worshipers. Rangers and Druids of Karana can kill stuff here all they want without anything detrimental besides faction, though they really shouldn't.

iruinedyourday
05-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Rangers and Druids of Karana can kill stuff here all they want without anything detrimental besides faction, though they really shouldn't.

Why shouldn't they?

fadetree
05-06-2014, 01:14 PM
because its bad. As in naughty and against their faction lore. And also stupid because then they become KOS. Might cause problems with some quests, but not sure.

falkun
05-06-2014, 01:28 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Plane_of_Growth

There's a class-specific quest for Tunarian: Clerics, Druids, Enchanters, Magicians, Paladins, Rangers and Wizards and there is armor roughly equivalent to Thurgadin/dwarf armor for all classes except druids, paladins, and rangers, who have their equivalent planar armor set available in PoHate2.0 second floor.

Basically if you aren't a Tunare worshipper or you've already completed your Tunarian quest and your epic, you can safely trash the faction.

Softcore PK
05-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Why shouldn't they?

It's an act of extreme violence rooted in evil and hate.

My live character actually became evil when I gave up being an elf purist and started hanging out with dark elves and ogres. What's your excuse?

iruinedyourday
05-06-2014, 01:54 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Plane_of_Growth

There's a class-specific quest for Tunarian: Clerics, Druids, Enchanters, Magicians, Paladins, Rangers and Wizards and there is armor roughly equivalent to Thurgadin/dwarf armor for all classes except druids, paladins, and rangers, who have their equivalent planar armor set available in PoHate2.0 second floor.

Basically if you aren't a Tunare worshipper or you've already completed your Tunarian quest and your epic, you can safely trash the faction.

So like if I have bad faction there, and my friends go to kill things, will they be like NO YOU CANT COME because protectors of growth?

Guys thanks for the replys! I spent a little over an hour reading various things on the web but have gotten a lot more knowledge from you all!

iruinedyourday
05-06-2014, 02:35 PM

My live character actually became evil when I gave up being an elf purist and started hanging out with dark elves and ogres. What's your excuse?

I hang out with dark elves and ogres. :(

Softcore PK
05-06-2014, 02:39 PM
So like if I have bad faction there, and my friends go to kill things, will they be like NO YOU CANT COME because protectors of growth?

Guys thanks for the replys! I spent a little over an hour reading various things on the web but have gotten a lot more knowledge from you all!

No one's really going to care unless maybe you're elf cleric. It's your decision if you want to wreck your faction.

I hang out with dark elves and ogres. :(

Yeah but it doesn't really mean anything on a blue or FFA red server. It was a very big deal back on the live teams servers! :P

iruinedyourday
05-06-2014, 03:01 PM
One more question. Is POG a raid thing durring Vellious? Or is it groupable?

Sylexis
05-06-2014, 03:34 PM

They killed my daddy.

Burn them.

Burn them all.

coki
05-06-2014, 05:08 PM
One more question. Is POG a raid thing durring Vellious? Or is it groupable?

It's a Raid Thingy! You have to spend like 6-8 hours clearing the entire zone before you engage the boss Tunare! cause she does a zone-wide summon to the npc's. Or if you're big ballin like my guild on Vallon Zek back in the day you spend 8 hours clearing the zone then have the better guild come in and PvP your guild to death and take an easy Tunare kill out from under you

iruinedyourday
05-06-2014, 05:21 PM
It's a Raid Thingy! You have to spend like 6-8 hours clearing the entire zone before you engage the boss Tunare! cause she does a zone-wide summon to the npc's. Or if you're big ballin like my guild on Vallon Zek back in the day you spend 8 hours clearing the zone then have the better guild come in and PvP your guild to death and take an easy Tunare kill out from under you

So this makes me think that, eventually EVERYONE is goign to have bad faction there? so I should not give an f? :D

Thulack
05-06-2014, 05:23 PM
So this makes me think that, eventually EVERYONE is goign to have bad faction there? so I should not give an f? :D

This is how it works:

If you don't care about faction(most non-Tunare worshippers) you kill stuff.
If you care about faction(tunare worshipper) then you are a scout and help keep track of protectors and such.

If you have epic stuff that requires you need tunare faction then dont kill anything in PoG.

iruinedyourday
05-06-2014, 05:31 PM
This is how it works:

If you don't care about faction(most non-Tunare worshippers) you kill stuff.
If you care about faction(tunare worshipper) then you are a scout and help keep track of protectors and such.

If you have epic stuff that requires you need tunare faction then dont kill anything in PoG.

after all that i want to slap my forehead like everyone in your avatar.

Thanks guys! Im going to kick the crap out of this faction cus IM A BALLER WOOD ELF who plays by his own rules.