PDA

View Full Version : velious and the fungi

Vaut420
05-11-2014, 03:11 AM
so when velious is released will the fungi drop in price or remain the same?

Bboboo
05-11-2014, 03:34 AM
Yes.

Pheer
05-11-2014, 03:35 AM
remain the same or maybe even rise at first assuming it stops being 24/7 permacamped due to people playing in velious

overall id imagine it should stay pretty stable in price though

jaybone
05-11-2014, 04:48 AM
remain the same or maybe even rise at first assuming it stops being 24/7 permacamped due to people playing in velious

overall id imagine it should stay pretty stable in price though

rofl, people will never stop farming $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Swish
05-11-2014, 05:32 AM
fungi is always going to be valuable, inflation is only going to go up... it may drop a while but overall its a good keeper and will hold its value versus the economy.

innocent51
05-11-2014, 05:46 AM
Fungi is still sutuationnal BiS for every class who can wear them and pretty much must-have for FD classes till GoD and "health regen" stat.
Aten Ha Ra neck and Dain Ring make it less impacting at some point but it still stacks.

It will still be camped, pretty much locked on week ends and peak times. However its, even today, not very hard to snag the camp on Euro morning when the server is at 500ish pop so you can expect the Fungi market to be lacking offers in the few month after Velious is out when most people are raiding contested targets, farming faction etc...

Another factor various extra options besides deep seb for level 57+. King isnt the best xp around but Sebilis attracts people, if these go to Velk, Kael or DN instead it is going to be a lot less pressure on King/Crypt.

Not to mention hybrid twinks (class malus lifted) will need to be fueled with tunics.

So all in all, Fungi will be roughly the same price, eventually a bit higher after some weeks.

However if you own Cloak of Flames, GEBs or (many, not all) Kunark BP/Legs. Sell them before its too late. They are going down heavy.

HeallunRumblebelly
05-11-2014, 10:09 AM
Fungi is still sutuationnal BiS for every class who can wear them and pretty much must-have for FD classes till GoD and "health regen" stat.
Aten Ha Ra neck and Dain Ring make it less impacting at some point but it still stacks.

It will still be camped, pretty much locked on week ends and peak times. However its, even today, not very hard to snag the camp on Euro morning when the server is at 500ish pop so you can expect the Fungi market to be lacking offers in the few month after Velious is out when most people are raiding contested targets, farming faction etc...

Another factor various extra options besides deep seb for level 57+. King isnt the best xp around but Sebilis attracts people, if these go to Velk, Kael or DN instead it is going to be a lot less pressure on King/Crypt.

Not to mention hybrid twinks (class malus lifted) will need to be fueled with tunics.

So all in all, Fungi will be roughly the same price, eventually a bit higher after some weeks.

However if you own Cloak of Flames, GEBs or (many, not all) Kunark BP/Legs. Sell them before its too late. They are going down heavy.

Shroud of longevity better in every way. Vindi bp better in 99% situations for torpor shaman. SK might find some marginal utility but the fact of the matter is you simply cannot feign and regen while pulling on p99--there simply isn't time. Mostly a twink item and for soloing or low lvl grouping--which most people who can afford it just PL past anyway.

edit: Also, king is duo'able once again thanks to some enterprising pullers. Price should start dropping again in the near future. It's still the best cash camp in velious for the amount of effort / players required. After a month or two we'll have to see the market on HoT armor MQs--if they sell well, I imagine it's going to be a shitshow for 6 months-ish and then a GM enforced sky-esque rotation will be put in.

Adolphus
05-11-2014, 12:40 PM
I would expect the price to go up significantly and for some time at Velious. I think people here are underestimating the amount of players who will be coming back, new to the server, rolling new toons etc (especially hybrids). The server population is going to probably double or triple when Velious launches, yet only so many returning players will have fungi's. If the population goes way up and the availability of fungi's does not parallel the inflation of players, the price will go up significantly based on demand.

I wouldn't be surprised if fungi doubled in price at the beginning of Velious and for some time afterwards.

HawkMasterson1999
05-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Fungi will remain relevant forever. I remember a bunch of people panic selling manastones the first week of kunark as if they had become useless. I traded a fresh JBB for one. Obviously not the same bc fungi will always continue to drop but don't underestimate the staying power of the fungi.

khanable
05-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Fungi will stay strong

NoS will crash and burn

Hard

HeallunRumblebelly
05-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Fungi will stay strong

NoS will crash and burn

Hard

NOS is bad already. 7/6 amulets are like, what, 10 minutes of work lol. Pretty good starter necklace for resist set but i'll probs stick with the 65/65s for most encounters.

Pheer
05-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Fungi will stay strong

NoS will crash and burn

Hard

nos already crashing and burning

Uuruk
05-11-2014, 03:58 PM
I would expect the price to go up significantly and for some time at Velious. I think people here are underestimating the amount of players who will be coming back, new to the server, rolling new toons etc (especially hybrids). The server population is going to probably double or triple when Velious launches, yet only so many returning players will have fungi's. If the population goes way up and the availability of fungi's does not parallel the inflation of players, the price will go up significantly based on demand.

I wouldn't be surprised if fungi doubled in price at the beginning of Velious and for some time afterwards.

Pop will not triple. Maybe double from all of TMO boxing but that's it.