PDA

View Full Version : Warriors can't solo. Myth?

IzHaN80
05-11-2014, 07:56 PM
So far up to level 26 i been soloing with sucess with a dual wield warrior. Although some people suggested me to go 2hander for more DPS. Whats your opinion? Warriors can solo for good until high levels? Dual Wield or 2H? What stats would you pump in to make it a better soloer?

HawkMasterson1999
05-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Possible but slow. You have to carefully choose your targets. Getting to 50 wouldn't be so bad but after that it would be painful.

fastboy21
05-11-2014, 08:35 PM
with the right kit and the right spots you can solo any class to any level in eq...the problem becomes the speed you can do it.

the leveling probably won't be horribly slow until 50+ when your lack of real class solo abilites will be more apparent.

Tecmos Deception
05-11-2014, 08:36 PM
You have a thread where you can't stop complaining about how wizards "can't solo shit" even at level 4, but you somehow managed to solo a warrior up to 26?

Anyway. Using a 2h or dw depends on what your weapon choices are; can't say one or the other is hands-down superior because it depends on what weapons you have available to use. Personally I prefer 2h weapons past 20. You can get 30/40 warrior-only 2hb for a few hundred pp, or a 31/37 warrior 2hb for like... a few k I think.

Since warrior solo is winning by attrition, basically, you probably want to prioritize your weapons, haste, hp, ac, str in that order, and work on keeping bind wound up.

Skittlez
05-11-2014, 08:37 PM
It's entirely possible, my warrior is 41 with nearly all soloing. I used a two handed weapon, it seemed to deliver more dps when it really counts.

Tasslehofp99
05-11-2014, 08:39 PM
can't tell if this guy is just trolling the shit out of server chat or not

LittleSorcerer7
05-12-2014, 06:30 AM
You have a thread where you can't stop complaining about how wizards "can't solo shit" even at level 4, but you somehow managed to solo a warrior up to 26?

Anyway. Using a 2h or dw depends on what your weapon choices are; can't say one or the other is hands-down superior because it depends on what weapons you have available to use. Personally I prefer 2h weapons past 20. You can get 30/40 warrior-only 2hb for a few hundred pp, or a 31/37 warrior 2hb for like... a few k I think.

Since warrior solo is winning by attrition, basically, you probably want to prioritize your weapons, haste, hp, ac, str in that order, and work on keeping bind wound up.

why do people look up all peoples threads lol. what a loser.

Mattius
05-12-2014, 06:32 AM

Lol, if it's a troll it's a success.

myriverse
05-12-2014, 06:37 AM
It's slow, but it can be done. It gets hellish post-40, as the mobs start becoming much more powerful.

Meiva
05-12-2014, 06:49 AM

God damn it... I think you're right. We've been trolled fellow forum questers. /thread

Thulack
05-12-2014, 09:47 AM
why do people look up all peoples threads lol. what a loser.

The guys got 4 thread on the first 2 pages bashing a class in each. Not really hard to "look up" someone's threads.

Clark
05-12-2014, 11:38 AM
Solo'd 1-54 so far on mine.

Loke
05-12-2014, 02:06 PM
While this may be a troll thread, i'll post what I've posted else where numerous times on the topic of warrior soloing. Warriors are very gear dependent, which people often cite as an excuse for why they can't hold aggro, tank a mob, solo, etc. However, the people who cite gear dependence are often the same people who only have one set of gear for their warrior and expect it to work in all scenarios. Your DPS set != your aggro set != your MT hp set != your solo set. If you're trying to solo with a Sarnak Warhammer and Skean 50+, you're a dolt.

While I primarily duo'd or trio'd to 60 on my warrior, I'd often log on and solo a few % of my level in KC while trying to put together a more efficient grind set up. A warrior with decent dex, a couple blood points, some bandages, and using evasive every time it pops can solo with a bit of downtime 50+. In a popular zone like KC where you can often get a VoG / Regen off players hanging at zone in it gets even more efficient. Add a fungi to the mix and it is probably better exp than a full 6 man group.

So yes, warriors can solo. You just need to be smart about how you do it.

Nirgon
05-12-2014, 02:13 PM
When there were no groups I had no problem jousting mobs with an oggok cleaver on iksar warrior.

Killing Sergeant Slate (his assist radius if another guard is being killed is WAY too low) while waiting for ports/auctioning was goog times.

Uuruk
05-12-2014, 02:30 PM
It's entirely possible, my warrior is 41 with nearly all soloing. I used a two handed weapon, it seemed to deliver more dps when it really counts.

yeah but you had a fungi then got banned for RMT.

Xer0
05-12-2014, 05:52 PM

That's because as a warrior the gear makes all the difference; wizards are still limited by their spells dmg output. Twinking doesnt make success necessarily any more likely with a caster as it does a a melee/hybrid.

Tasslehofp99
05-12-2014, 06:06 PM
That's because as a warrior the gear makes all the difference; wizards are still limited by their spells dmg output. Twinking doesnt make success necessarily any more likely with a caster as it does a a melee/hybrid.

guy was an obvious troll

Champion_Standing
05-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Warriors can solo to 60 on gnoll fangs no problem. Don't even have to worry about gear.

Shinko
05-12-2014, 11:49 PM
i can solo on IMBA THE GREAT

Mattius
05-12-2014, 11:52 PM
Well obviously anything can be solo'd... Won't promise that you'll be progressing in any speed-run fashion, but the grind is slow and steady. Unless you suck.. Then yes, soloing is a myth.

Rettj
05-12-2014, 11:54 PM
bloodpoints can solo all the way

http://www.thesecurityblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/myth-busted.jpg

Jimjam
05-13-2014, 03:28 AM
On my warrior I looted an axe of the slayers around level 30 (procs a berserker strength style rune proc) and I found I could chew up light blues and lower level dark blues at a decent rate often without losing a single HP throughout the fight.

If it looks like you are in a little trouble don't forget you can bandage yourself when fighting; if you get hit your character panics, stands up and is able to hit again but might still finish bandaging.

webrunner5
05-13-2014, 11:45 AM
If you are a Troll Warrior with a Fungi and some other toys it is not as hard to do as you think. But it is still life in the slow lane. :p

radditsu
05-13-2014, 01:12 PM
Bandages.