PDA

View Full Version : Trying to DECIDE

Eternal-Elf
08-22-2010, 12:52 AM
hey all...I am having a hard time deciding what class I want to get to 50. I am tired of transfering alts, and I wanna make it the long haul this time.

I have narrowed it down to-

Magician- Really like the power and the fact that I can solo well. Not a huge fan of doing the exact same thing every battle. Send pet, cast nuke....med.

Necromancer- Like the ability to solo the whole way, however with the runspeed being that of a Bugatti on the mobs....it does seem to be an issue with snare kiting like Necro's do best.

Cleric- I have always enjoyed sitting back and keeping the group alive.....but I know I won't be able to solo anything at higher levels making it harder to twink out alts if I wanted to once I was 50.

Monk- Only one problem.....NO IKSAR YET. Will have to wait lol

Thanks guys....any input from people who have these classes higher would be really great.

Bubbles
08-22-2010, 01:15 AM
Necro.

Self Clarity.. their mana regen is awesome. At level 50, a necro RUNNING from spawn to spawn in guk regens mana a tick faster than any other caster sitting (without clarity). Lich is that insane.

Can off heal with the shadow pact series, can fear kite, pact the pet and pet-tank 39+. Can do all sorts of fun things in groups like dps, mana pump, crowd control, snare, root, etc.

Can solo like mad, or duo effectively with just about any other class (can even keep a lot of tanks up with your heals once you get the 44 pact.

Can feign.. harmshield.. split pull, undead charm... voice graft.. there is a zillion fun things to do on the necro.. plus they undead nuke with the same line as clerics, which is very rarely resisted.

About the only thing we can't do is SOW, but with feign and fear and snare.. etc.. you'll find you very rarely die if you play your cards right.

nalkin
08-22-2010, 01:22 AM

Shouldn't you have the same thing beside necromancer?

Eternal-Elf
08-22-2010, 01:23 AM
Thanks Bubbles....I was unaware they got ALL that. Seems like a great way to keep from the bordem of magician.

Do you have any thoughts on bard? Or should I kinda phase that out.

Necro sounds bad ass though.....I got one to level6 and when my darkness spell didn't even slow the mob down enough to let me run away without getting hit I figured it might not work out lol

Eternal-Elf
08-22-2010, 01:24 AM
Shouldn't you have the same thing beside necromancer?

I always thought Iksar was the best race in the game. PERIOD. But with their starting intelligence I never considered necro to be a good call for one.

I could be dead wrong on this, but I deff. plan on making an Iksar Monk, and possibly an Iksar Shaman.

Iksar FTW

Taluvill
08-22-2010, 01:45 AM
At this point, unless its going to be your main from level 1, do not make a necro unless it's an Iksar. Their health regen is insane.

Don't quote me, but with a chloro/pre-nerf fungi, i do believe that sitting, they outregen their lich at 60.

Eternal-Elf
08-22-2010, 01:53 AM
I never knew that....necro iksar would benefit for sure from the regen!

Nice info man thanks !

Fists
08-22-2010, 03:55 AM
I hate the fact that I am a human monk, granted the monk is a fun class, if i had to do it again, I would wait till Kunark. Everything people are saying about necro iksars is $. Iksars really are one of the best races, the regen of course, the ac, the innate swimming are all key bonus's. It's really hard to pick what race/class combo you really wanna play right now with the idea of a better option opening up in the future for said class.

XeldiablosX
08-22-2010, 03:59 AM
LOL I can see it now once kunark is out there will be 5000 iksar necro's running around field of bone chasing the same burynai for xp >.> Can't wait to see what Kurn's will look like at that point or how many people will be in there PLing friends hehe.

Taluvill
08-22-2010, 04:02 AM
hehe. My iksar nekky will wait till im bored.

See, a smart player plays his 50 first, gears them out, maxes them to 60, puts themselves in position for power, then rolls the ikky necro/monk/shaman/whatev.

imo

XeldiablosX
08-22-2010, 04:18 AM
My main on live was iksar necro I can't wait hehe. Using my mage now to get some gear for him once it is released.

Noleafclover
08-22-2010, 04:26 AM
hey all...I am having a hard time deciding what class I want to get to 50. I am tired of transfering alts, and I wanna make it the long haul this time.

I have narrowed it down to-

Magician- Really like the power and the fact that I can solo well. Not a huge fan of doing the exact same thing every battle. Send pet, cast nuke....med.

Necromancer- Like the ability to solo the whole way, however with the runspeed being that of a Bugatti on the mobs....it does seem to be an issue with snare kiting like Necro's do best.

Cleric- I have always enjoyed sitting back and keeping the group alive.....but I know I won't be able to solo anything at higher levels making it harder to twink out alts if I wanted to once I was 50.

Thanks guys....any input from people who have these classes higher would be really great.

Magician - not a whole lot of medding at lower levels, pet wrecks, you heal it for less than 3 med ticks of mana 1-2x a fight, cast lv. 1 nuke. Chain pull. But for sure more medding later, I think the 30s are bad for that. Not sure 'bout @ 45+ soloing seafuries, pets are only 200 - that's what lil over 1 min med time, about the time it takes to kill a seafury i'd figure if you can kill it with 1.5 pets which I've heard.

Necro - kiting's not bad. Your lv. 12 snare is sufficient - although I do recommend sow pots for the mid levels, when fear isn't mana-efficient. (I think it becomes much more used later, though I've only played necro to 30 recently).

Cleric - bad news is, you won't be able to solo at any level. Period. Like if your life depends on it, you can spend your mana pool to kill one mob. And thats it. You won't ever solo for hours on end for exp. Good news is, I think you're underestimating cleric's money-making capacity at 50. Guess rezzing's not as good any more, but get to 50 and send a tell I'll give you a couple other ideas.

Monk - My favorite class that I've played. Love feign, love the damage we do, love pulling, love not medding, love bind wound and mend (consider bind wound more a monk thing since we can raise skill higher - I believe? - and bind to 70). Highly recommend it. And I don't think the iksar ac/regen is major, since it's a drop in the bucket to bind wound and fungi. The ac - ok, it's nice if you're tanking, but that's not that frequent of an occurance unless you got a shammy buddy or you're big into soloing (more kunark, soloing only viable 40+ w/ bind wound to 70).

And before you flame me, no, I don't think the AC's nice for pulling, the only thing that gives you any trouble pulling if you're half decent is casters.

Eternal-Elf
08-22-2010, 05:16 AM
Monk is by far the funnest character I have......but I want an Iksar monk. Even if Iksar monk was worse than human monk, which they aren't, I'd still wanna roll Iksar.

They look awesome, have an amazing starting city, have awesome zones to level up in RIGHT next to the city, and i just love the way they sound, hit, and fiegn

Taluvill
08-22-2010, 05:38 AM
IIRC, Iksars are better on every facet than a Human, except that Humans get good faction with everyone, and a tad bit more DPS at the high end.

So, in theory, your looking at avoidance/hp regen or a bit more DPS? When I say DPS, its with their fists, not weapon dependent

Edit: Talking about monks BTW