PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for a mage to camp HS

Flamewraith
05-13-2014, 10:46 PM
I need some cash for a hiero's cloak and I'm far too burnt out on Droga and seafuries plus the ac to grind out 20k more plat from them. I see necros and enchanters constantly gloating about how much cash they make from soloing HS, and after looking at some of the prices of items that can be common drops from this zone my mouth is watering. I have a necro buddy that would gladly duo it with me, but unfortunately he works two weeks on two weeks off and won't be back for 8 more days. As you all know mages aren't ideal for high level indoor soloing because we lack a reliable way to split things, however, I'm wondering if I were to utilize such items as the DA idol, spider nets, CoTH, and to an extreme extent if needed soulfire, would it be possible for me to effectively solo and grind cash from this zone? I literally know nothing about the zone layout wise or what the mobs inside can do, but I would probably watch techmos stream to get a good idea. I'm really looking for the opinion of HS experts who know the zone well. Thanks!

Orruar
05-13-2014, 10:51 PM
The only real money camps are in south wing, and that is a brutal place to solo as a non-charmer. Maybe with some puppet strings to break in and then hold camp with pet, maybe. I don't know a lot about all the tricks a mage can pull, but I could barely hold down a camp in south wing as shaman.

Flamewraith
05-13-2014, 10:55 PM
The only real money camps are in south wing, and that is a brutal place to solo as a non-charmer. Maybe with some puppet strings to break in and then hold camp with pet, maybe. I don't know a lot about all the tricks a mage can pull, but I could barely hold down a camp in south wing as shaman.

Yeah puppet strings are a bit out of my price range. :p I think all the gear across my entire accounts adds up to about 250k.

HeallunRumblebelly
05-13-2014, 11:04 PM
Could just do chardok proxy :| Really about your best bet, but you gotta wake up damn early to get into aoe as out of grp dps. 60 mage isn't a super great farming class for high end items.

That said, if you find a cleric (or shm, but pref clr) you could duo ragefire pretty easily, make some good money. Large time investment, but good payoff generally.

Flamewraith
05-13-2014, 11:05 PM
Could just do chardok proxy :| Really about your best bet, but you gotta wake up damn early to get into aoe as out of grp dps. 60 mage isn't a super great farming class for high end items.

That said, if you find a cleric (or shm, but pref clr) you could duo ragefire pretty easily, make some good money. Large time investment, but good payoff generally.

Yeah I generally throw myself onto the list but you never know if the current dps are gonna no life it or not.

Confit
05-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Sorry for the off topic but I've actually made a lot of money grouping in Seb. Really any camp between the gems/spells/drops, I make minimum 3k+ a night with a good group and great exp. It's not as fast as soloing for cash but I've won 3 Hiero Cloaks between my characters so far.

I'm sure you thought about going directly to Seb to get one but I thought I'd share my experience with you. The majority of my plat not made in EC has come from grinding in Seb. Hit me up if you'd like to duo with my Ench or Shaman! I love duoing with Mages.

Tecmos Deception
05-14-2014, 08:25 AM

He made it sound like he's been doing droga a lot. Mages are potentially great pullers in chardok, aren't they?

OP: even with mage epic and bags full of root nets, you'd probably be hard pressed to solo HS north. I know mages have some pulling tricks involving COTHing themselves and such... but with casters and HTers all over the place in there, it seems like it'd be ugly. You'd be better off doing something safer (lguk, droga, SFs, learning to be a puller in chardok and selling your spot, maybe PLing with fire pets and reclaiming them).

webrunner5
05-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Man I don't think HS is a GOOD place to go as a Mage. Not solo. Too hard to fight your way in far enough for the good loot to be COTHing, using Gate. Suck ass place to die.

I agree, just go to Seb and duo. Nobody is going to turn down a 60 Mage pet for DPS. That is if you are at least more lucky than I am on rolls. :D Unfortunately a Mage sort of blows everywhere solo for CC. I just get on mine once in awhile to go slaughter 40ish crap for the fun of seeing them drop like flies. :)

Koota
05-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Find you a chanter buddy.

Tankdan
05-14-2014, 10:34 AM
Not a chance

Hastley
05-14-2014, 10:36 AM
I need some cash for a hiero's cloak and I'm far too burnt out on Droga and seafuries plus the ac to grind out 20k more plat from them. I see necros and enchanters constantly gloating about how much cash they make from soloing HS, and after looking at some of the prices of items that can be common drops from this zone my mouth is watering. I have a necro buddy that would gladly duo it with me, but unfortunately he works two weeks on two weeks off and won't be back for 8 more days. As you all know mages aren't ideal for high level indoor soloing because we lack a reliable way to split things, however, I'm wondering if I were to utilize such items as the DA idol, spider nets, CoTH, and to an extreme extent if needed soulfire, would it be possible for me to effectively solo and grind cash from this zone? I literally know nothing about the zone layout wise or what the mobs inside can do, but I would probably watch techmos stream to get a good idea. I'm really looking for the opinion of HS experts who know the zone well. Thanks!

not really unless with epic