PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ninja looting...

Dirtnap
05-15-2014, 03:47 AM
So I read the first few pages of that chanter ninja looting thread and it leaves me wondering.

Why are corpses not just lootable by the group who killed the mob? Why even bother having the timer that makes it lootable by some random passerby?

Why is it bannable/suspendable to loot a corpse that is now considered lootable by anyone?

I understand that it is a huge dick move to roll up on a corpse you didn't kill and loot it. Its your fault for not looting what you wanted off of it after you killed it.

SyanideGas
05-15-2014, 03:56 AM
SHITS CLASSIC.

or something

Cecily
05-15-2014, 04:09 AM
So I read the first few pages of that chanter ninja looting thread and it leaves me wondering.

Why are corpses not just lootable by the group who killed the mob? Why even bother having the timer that makes it lootable by some random passerby?

This isn't Shards of Dalaya.

Why is it bannable/suspendable to loot a corpse that is now considered lootable by anyone?

This is classic everquest. There are rules.

I understand that it is a huge dick move to roll up on a corpse you didn't kill and loot it. Its your fault for not looting what you wanted off of it after you killed it.

Dirtnap, my friend, you are entering a world of pain.

http://i.imgur.com/1C7Zyjt.jpg

Kika Maslyaka
05-15-2014, 08:21 AM

original game devs were too much into RPG realism - they figured - anyone could steal your staff if left on a ground long enough. And at the same time they made it punishable like RL theft ;)
Another more reasonable answer could be that since they didn't had Raid system until time of PoP, they had to make looting available for other members of a raid that were not in a kill group.

Brut
05-15-2014, 08:24 AM
Judging from signature I'd assume this is just trolling to make a 20page thread.

Heebo
05-15-2014, 12:05 PM

You've never raided in everquest before?

Heebo
05-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Judging from signature I'd assume this is just trolling to make a 20page thread.

I'm OK with that. I really need to work on increasing my post count.

xarzzardorn
05-15-2014, 12:11 PM

classic blame the victim mentality. seek professional psycheactric help

Bill Tetley
05-15-2014, 12:46 PM
if it wasn't for dickheads like you there wouldn't be any thievery in this world

Bamz4l
05-15-2014, 01:57 PM
pretty sure u never got punished on live for looting an unlocked corpse. that is some custom p1999 BS right there, implemented by overzealous emulator mods that don't understand the nature of a sandbox and work to destroy the sandboxness.

Bill Tetley
05-15-2014, 02:03 PM
tbh I don't think you did either. that's why people would lock down corpses

Laugher
05-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtnap View Post

This isn't Shards of Dalaya.

This is classic everquest. There are rules.

Dirtnap, my friend, you are entering a world of pain.

http://i.imgur.com/1C7Zyjt.jpg

You've never raided in everquest before?

I'm OK with that. I really need to work on increasing my post count.

[obligatory recap/+1 to forumquest]

lets keep this going, if this thread delivers we can all be planar protector today

Dirtnap
05-15-2014, 03:02 PM

I understand that the mechanic is Classic, and that it is still this way on Live to this day.

My point was that the developers made it this way on purpose, and to ban/suspend someone for playing the game as intended is pretty shitty.

It is your responsibility to loot a corpse within the time limit provided. You lose the rights to that corpse after so long, and someone else is free to take what they want.

If they are really punishing people by playing the game as intended, P99 is becoming the worst managed game of all time.

This shit is getting really old. Just because I share an unpopular opinion on Twoboxing and Luclin doesn't mean I'm a troll.

classic blame the victim mentality. seek professional psycheactric help

Yeah yeah, I am a rape apologist too.

tbh I don't think you did either. that's why people would lock down corpses

This is how I remember it. Someone would sit on the corpse so someone else couldn't stroll up and loot what you wanted.

Glenzig
05-15-2014, 03:06 PM
They have the right to implement whatever ruling they want. It was ok on live? Great. Its not ok here. Don't do it.

webrunner5
05-15-2014, 03:12 PM
There IS a reason there is a Red server. :p

Brut
05-15-2014, 03:18 PM
This shit is getting really old. Just because I share an unpopular opinion on Twoboxing and Luclin doesn't mean I'm a troll.
Plus you started this thread. The last thread about the exact same subject is still on top 10 last threads of Server Chat. And the "discussion" there was nothing but guys repeating yes no yes no yes no, while there should be nothing to argue about in this, since it's crystal clear that the staff has enforced a no ninja-looting rule since the beginning of the server.

Frieza_Prexus
05-15-2014, 03:21 PM
My point was that the developers made it this way on purpose, and to ban/suspend someone for playing the game as intended is pretty shitty.

Trains are classic too, but make them on purpose and you'll catch a ban on live.

As long as you are aware that your suppositions don't match the reality of the server (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1444939&postcount=194), you'll be fine. Fight the power at your own risk.

Manticmuse
05-15-2014, 03:21 PM
"It is your responsibility to loot a corpse within the time limit provided. You lose the rights to that corpse after so long, and someone else is free to take what they want."

Where do you come up with this garbage? You obviously haven't read the server rules. You haven't bothered to read any of the GM responses in any thread similar to this, yet you continue to spew crap like it's true. Just stop playing right now. You're going to waste your time and get banned being an idiot. It will all be for nothing.

myriverse
05-15-2014, 03:29 PM
pretty sure u never got punished on live for looting an unlocked corpse. that is some custom p1999 BS right there, implemented by overzealous emulator mods that don't understand the nature of a sandbox and work to destroy the sandboxness.
People were definitely punished for this on live.

Of course, it's all situational. A bard training dozens of mobs across LOIO and leaving the corpses to rot doesn't get this protection. But higher profile mobs are usually different.

Gaxx
05-15-2014, 03:34 PM
This thread is dumb. Don't steal people's loot off of their kills unless it's obvious they left it there to rot. Anything else is a straight dick move aka ninja looting items/pp you didn't earn. Would you want someone else looting your kills? No? Then don't do it to other people.

Dirtnap
05-15-2014, 03:52 PM
Stupid people are the reason I can't bring myself to log into blue anymore. This server is just full of crybabies and rule lawyers.

Man0warr
05-15-2014, 04:04 PM
You should quit and stop posting stupid threads then.

Gaxx
05-15-2014, 04:11 PM
Rule lawyers? Most rules are common sense and common courtesy. I don't even read the rules and don't break them because most of it boils down to not being a dick to other players.

Frieza_Prexus
05-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Stupid people are the reason I can't bring myself to log into blue anymore.

Keeping yourself out, eh?

Glenzig
05-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Stupid people are the reason I can't bring myself to log into blue anymore. This server is just full of crybabies and rule lawyers.

The forums are 10x worse. Yet you are still here.

Dirtnap
05-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Rule lawyers? Most rules are common sense and common courtesy. I don't even read the rules and don't break them because most of it boils down to not being a dick to other players.

You must not have been playing for that long. You will meet the rule lawyers soon, they are everywhere.

The forums are 10x worse. Yet you are still here.

The forums aren't worse, its the same shit in game.

stonez138
05-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Troll thread is troll thread.

Clark
05-15-2014, 06:20 PM
SHITS CLASSIC.

or something

Laugher
05-15-2014, 06:34 PM
[+2 to forumquest]

lets keep this going, if this thread delivers we can all be planar protector today

Glenzig
05-15-2014, 06:34 PM
The forums aren't worse, its the same shit in game.

I'm sorry. I meant the forums are 10x worse because you are here.

Champion_Standing
05-15-2014, 06:45 PM

But he's in the game too isn't he? Whats happening?!

Bamz4l
05-15-2014, 07:10 PM
Troll thread is troll thread.

if I believed this every time someone said it, every single thread on these forums would be considered a troll thread

kylok
05-15-2014, 07:17 PM
every single thread on these forums is considered a troll thread

Dirtnap
05-15-2014, 09:11 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-M6p_RCB5vK0/UjtCz0zUumI/AAAAAAAAG_k/6g98F0BsF0E/s1600/8c8765b256094fc81a3ed9d09efa88450f96157b.png

kylok
05-15-2014, 09:15 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/The+Jimmy+King_32c189_3755693.jpg

Champion_Standing
05-15-2014, 09:26 PM
https://global3.memecdn.com/back-to-the-future-jimmies-to-be-rustled_o_1980361.jpg

Glenzig
05-15-2014, 09:47 PM
YES!!!! I got someone to say that my jimmies are rustled!!!! I belong here!!!! I finally belong somewhere!!!

I have to write my mom about this.

radditsu
05-15-2014, 10:01 PM
I feel Ninja looting is the same as mixing races, dont you do it.

Champion_Standing
05-15-2014, 10:04 PM
YES!!!! I got someone to say that July jimmies are rustled!!!! I belong here!!!! I finally belong somewhere!!!

I have to write my mom about this.

http://theonceandfuturecoffeeaddict.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/299140-that-really-rustled-my-jimmies.jpeg?w=750

stonez138
05-15-2014, 11:12 PM
if I believed this every time someone said it, every single thread on these forums would be considered a troll thread

You'll find more trolls here then Grobb.

thugcruncher
05-15-2014, 11:55 PM

i ran into icewell after dain was killed on one of the prog servers (server wide raid kill announcement) looted everything, and gated.

Gms took it all back besides one item that I couldnt equip.

Gaxx
05-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Back on live we had a low lvl Bard ninja loot King Tormax gloves from us. A GM showed up immediately and got them back to us. Not sure what the Bards punishment was.

Draxx
05-16-2014, 01:21 PM

I think enough people have answered this. Lock the thread! LoL

1.) The timer is there for raiding purposes.
2.) It's bannable/suspendable because you shouldn't do it.
3.) If there is an item you want on a rotting corpse and someone didn't announce it globally to come and get it you should ask and not just loot a high profile mob's corpse because you can.

Sums it up, I think.