PDA

View Full Version : Sustained DPS numbers.

Azure
05-16-2014, 01:02 PM
I was curious and did some quick math for rend based on server ticks and OOM.

It works out every 40 seconds = 784 damage (7 seconds for server tick for 20 mana at lvl 60 * 40 = 280 mana)

That works out to a similair equivelent weapon ratio of 784/40

That is fairly awesome.

However of course it's going to be in general more efficient then melee dmg which averages out to probably half that.

Now I know there's some wicked 12/20 300 damage procing weapons etc. However, I'm curious what the actual sustained DPS is for melees. That 19.6 is on the very low end for a wizard.

I bet wizards using lures and droughts at higher levels are doing much more dps then that sustained. Especially if you couple in gear, buffs (IKR melee count haste, wiz should count C2) and things like epic in their mana regen, which would pump that number even more off the chart.

I'm not claiming wizards are top sustained dps. They are great burst DPS. But I think there is a flawed conception of DPS and how effective a wizard can be even in a prolonged fight.

Thx for any input. This is just theorycraft. I'm mostly curious about other peoples sustained DPS numbers and how they got/get to them. I've run gambosofts log parser and seen pretty high DPS from low level rogue. But that software is geared towards mobs with over 10,000hp

Give some love 2 ur wiz0rds and w1z3rd35535

Tecmos Deception
05-16-2014, 01:12 PM
If you assume the impossible of never missing a med tick + c2 + continuous cantata, sunstrike is under 30 sustained DPS; 21 mana medding, 11 mana c2, 13 mana cantata... so 46 per 6 seconds, 1 sunstrike per minute basically. A non-60 wizard in a realistic setting is doing like 15 sustained DPS or lower... which is basically on par with a non-epic paladin tank, or a non-epic bard, or a level 49 enchanter animation. Not really sure how your weird math made you think you could sustain rend for 19 DPS.

Even burst DPS for wizards is... not great. I mean, ok, whatever. They can spam draught of ice for a theoretical 135+ DPS, or even more from sunstrike or Velious spells. But that's impossible in reality because you pull aggro. In an xp group you get summoned and beat on and you waste healer mana and mess up rogue backstabs and shit. In a raid you die. Even when a tank is using clickies like a mallet for aggro, wizards can't go balls to the wall spamming ANYTHING without pulling aggro within like 30 seconds.

Azure
05-16-2014, 01:19 PM
If you assume the impossible of never missing a med tick + c2 + continuous cantata, sunstrike is under 30 sustained DPS.

IIRC my twinked RBG+ebon mace SK and my RBG+woodsman staff ranger were doing 20+ DPS in their 30s.

Exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks Tecmos. So not so hot if you like constant grindage. Thanks for the input )

Wiz still a beast for killing casters/pvp/roots.

Ele
05-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Ice Spear + Rend Robe is what you want!

Rend Robe 784dd/14sec = 56 dps mana free

weave in an Ice Spear 1200dd/4sec = 300 dps for 300 mana

Add them together for a sustained 110 dps for 300 mana every 18 seconds.

Azure
05-16-2014, 01:34 PM

Elite :) thx!

I knew wizards weren't bottom of the barrel XD

Tecmos Deception
05-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Short of a VP clicky and a level 60 Velious spell though... haha. I mean, wizards are a solid overall class. They have effective solo, they rock AE groups, ports (and translocates especially) are awesome, and they're very nice in raids. But they aren't cut out for grinding groups, especially on p99 where melee sustained damage is pretty inflated because of most everyone having awesome weapons relative to what they had in Kunark on live.

Azure
05-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Short of a VP clicky and a level 60 Velious spell though... haha. I mean, wizards are a solid overall class. They have effective solo, they rock AE groups, ports (and translocates especially) are awesome, and they're very nice in raids. But they aren't cut out for grinding groups, especially on p99 where melee sustained damage is pretty inflated because of most everyone having awesome weapons relative to what they had in Kunark on live.

I agree with your logic. But one day VP robe and Velious spell, for fun :) Though that's prob still not top DPS by a far far far margin, I think classes are in the 300's? by then? IDK...

Tecmos Deception
05-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Sustained DPS won't go over like 150 in Velious I don't think. Rogues get some weapon upgrades and will have more attack than they can have now, but they're under 100 sustained right now even on dark blue stuff with best-in-slot gear I think.

Victorio
05-16-2014, 01:55 PM
I was curious and did some quick math for rend based on server ticks and OOM.

It works out every 40 seconds = 784 damage (7 seconds for server tick for 20 mana at lvl 60 * 40 = 280 mana)

That works out to a similair equivelent weapon ratio of 784/40

That is fairly awesome.
No, the delay in weapon ratios is tenths of a second, so you mean 784/400. Second, if you had a 784 damage weapon you'd be hitting for way way more than 784, so you really mean like a 200/400 weapon. (Like with my 19 dmg ebon mace I hit for 80+ on my lvl 47 Iksar SK.) It's a stupid comparison, however, so you need to check sustained dps.

However, I'm curious what the actual sustained DPS is for melees. That 19.6 is on the very low end for a wizard.

The DPS for a melee (in combat) is much higher than 19.6. If your melees are constantly fighting - i.e. you have a constant stream of mobs - their sustained dps is definitely greater than yours.

A pet class will beat you too. I remember when I used to group as a necro in KC basement, before I started charming down there, even the summoned pets have DPS numbers in the mid to high 30s on mobs much stronger than they are, and that's not counting the undead nukes with super fast mana regen. I've had charmed pets doing over 100 DPS as well.

I bet wizards using lures and droughts at higher levels are doing much more dps then that sustained. Especially if you couple in gear, buffs (IKR melee count haste, wiz should count C2) and things like epic in their mana regen, which would pump that number even more off the chart.

I'm not claiming wizards are top sustained dps. They are great burst DPS. But I think there is a flawed conception of DPS and how effective a wizard can be even in a prolonged fight.

Thx for any input. This is just theorycraft. I'm mostly curious about other peoples sustained DPS numbers and how they got/get to them. I've run gambosofts log parser and seen pretty high DPS from low level rogue. But that software is geared towards mobs with over 10,000hp

Again, if you're talking about sustained dps during combat, melees or pet classes will always beat you. If the melee's auto-attack is only on for X% of the time, though, then you will beat them.

Azure
05-16-2014, 02:06 PM
No, the delay in weapon ratios is tenths of a second, so you mean 784/400. Second, if you had a 784 damage weapon you'd be hitting for way way more than 784, so you really mean like a 200/400 weapon. (Like with my 19 dmg ebon mace I hit for 80+ on my lvl 47 Iksar SK.) It's a stupid comparison, however, so you need to check sustained dps.

The DPS for a melee (in combat) is much higher than 19.6. If your melees are constantly fighting - i.e. you have a constant stream of mobs - their sustained dps is definitely greater than yours.

A pet class will beat you too. I remember when I used to group as a necro in KC basement, before I started charming down there, even the summoned pets have DPS numbers in the mid to high 30s on mobs much stronger than they are, and that's not counting the undead nukes with super fast mana regen. I've had charmed pets doing over 100 DPS as well.

Again, if you're talking about sustained dps during combat, melees or pet classes will always beat you. If the melee's auto-attack is only on for X% of the time, though, then you will beat them.

Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, I didn't convert to 10ths of a second like you showed. I knew something was off.

Victorio
05-16-2014, 02:13 PM

Yeah, except that assumes the fight lasts the perfect duration for that long cast time. If the fight was 30 seconds, and you cast one of each, then suddenly your dps during the fight is down to 66, while you still lost mana because you got only 2 ticks of medding in while spending 300 mana. You can't click clickies during non-fights in the same way that melees can't melee while not in fights, and clickies with long cast times just aren't comparable to melee weapons as to how they fit into a fight. Also, there's an assumption of no resists.

Ele
05-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Yeah, except that assumes the fight lasts the perfect duration for that long cast time. If the fight was 30 seconds, and you cast one of each, then suddenly your dps during the fight is down to 66, while you still lost mana because you got only 2 ticks of medding in while spending 300 mana. You can't click clickies during non-fights in the same way that melees can't melee while not in fights, and clickies with long cast times just aren't comparable to melee weapons as to how they fit into a fight. Also, there's an assumption of no resists.

Welcome to my perfect world!

Clark
05-16-2014, 04:48 PM
Wizard can be real uber pvp :D

webrunner5
05-17-2014, 10:14 AM
No caster, and I mean no caster is going to be UBER in Velious sustained DPS wise. Fights last way too long for their mana to last. A DPS parse will show that a Monk or Rogue will probably be the top dog in total DPS in Velious fights. It was true years ago and it will be true years from now.

This shit has all been done before. So no surprises. Sorry. :p Only other class that can DPS like hell is a Warrior in zerker mode and THAT is dangerous as hell with Velious mobs. But they can flat put down some numbers if they have a few damn good Clerics healing them. :cool: