PDA

View Full Version : PvP Zone?

azxten
08-22-2010, 03:30 PM
I know I'm not the only one desperate for some PvP action here on P99. Would it be possible to add a PvP zone where everyone is flagged when they zone in? I was thinking something along the lines of using a zone from an unused expansion and possibly splitting into two zones with one being 1-30, the other 31-50. Entrance would be through a nondescript NPC translocator somewhere like EC tunnel.

Would this ruin the classic feeling or add some much needed PvP? No loot, no rewards, just a place to get beat up and corpse camped.

YendorLootmonkey
08-22-2010, 03:44 PM
I know I'm not the only one desperate for some PvP action here on P99. Would it be possible to add a PvP zone where everyone is flagged when they zone in? I was thinking something along the lines of using a zone from an unused expansion and possibly splitting into two zones with one being 1-30, the other 31-50. Entrance would be through a nondescript NPC translocator somewhere like EC tunnel.

Would this ruin the classic feeling or add some much needed PvP? No loot, no rewards, just a place to get beat up and corpse camped.

Um, isn't that called The Arena off of Lake Rathe?

Straif
08-22-2010, 03:50 PM

^^ This ^^

Edit: ...just a place to get beat up and corpse camped.

WoW would be a better place if griefing people by way of corpse camping is your idea of "legitimate PvP"

azxten
08-22-2010, 04:21 PM

No, because in The Arena you can step in and out of bounds to be safe which is completely stupid. The zone is tiny meaning everyone is within eyesight all the time basically. It's also located in the middle of nowhere so no one ever goes there except for events. Basically EQ PvP is not meant to have a safe boundary you can walk across except for zoning. That's more a dueling thing.

UncleDread
08-22-2010, 04:23 PM
I think all planes should be PvP.This would stop all this B/S and make guilds work it out together and I"m sure these's zones would become more peaceful fast.RZ never had problem theses kinda problems and GM did not interfer,Making player work it out between themselfs.Plus the excitement it would bring to such a boring server.

xorbier
08-22-2010, 04:26 PM
I think all planes should be PvP.This would stop all this B/S and make guilds work it out together and I"m sure these's zones would become more peaceful fast.RZ never had problem theses kinda problems and GM did not interfer,Making player work it out between themselfs.Plus the excitement it would bring to such a boring server.

That would be awesome!

Itchybottom
08-22-2010, 04:28 PM
RZ never had problem theses kinda problems and GM did not interfer,Making player work it out between themselfs.

Yeah because setting up a fear raid, and having shit loads of Darkenbane, Skull and Bones Brigade and the like zoning in after you pull mobs behind the fire wall near Cazic-Thule, training your raid, and trying to pick off the stragglers wasn't a problem at all.

GM's also did certainly intervene.

I think you're forgetting the anti vs PK drama, that is just as bad, if not worse than the crap going down here in bluebie land. That, or you never actually played on Rallos past a lowbie PK.

UncleDread
08-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah because setting up a fear raid, and having shit loads of Darkenbane, Skull and Bones Brigade and the like zoning in after you pull Cazic-Thule, training your raid, and trying to pick off the stragglers wasn't a problem at all.

GM's also did certainly intervene.

I think you're forgetting the anti vs PK drama, that is just as bad, if not worse than the crap going down here in bluebie land. That, or you never actually played on Rallos past a lowbie PK.

I loved Anti/Evil sides Started in COTCW and later on joined FoH was fun care less about the looting.There a few guilds on the server that need to be shaken up anyway.Maybe get Planet to come to this server (lol).Oh crap sorry Tmo

azxten
08-22-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm all for turning this entire server PvP but I know this is a classic PvE EQ server so I have no illusions about that happening. I know planes aren't gonna flip PvP, etc, etc but could we get one small token as a memory to the PvP servers where people can just go fight that is easily accessible?

Tiggles
08-22-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm all for turning this entire server PvP but I know this is a classic PvE EQ server so I have no illusions about that happening. I know planes aren't gonna flip PvP, etc, etc but could we get one small token as a memory to the PvP servers where people can just go fight that is easily accessible?

It's called dueling, I'm tired of all these fake pvpers who want to want to lvl and camp in peace but then want to pvp when the mood strikes them.

Lazortag
08-22-2010, 06:42 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. People who want to turn the server PvP are basically just saying that they'd rather take the people who don't want PvP (the majority of us) and force them to do PvP. The people who want PvE aren't saying that you can NEVER get PvP, just that PvP is opt-in. You can turn your book in to the priest of discord if you want, you can go to an arena if you want, or you can duel people if you want. There's also the alternative of just starting your own server.

Opt-in PvP means everyone gets what they want. What so many douches on this server are suggesting is that only a few people should get what they want, while everyone else has to deal with the headache of PvP-loving morons being douchebags, hacking, and showing off their e-penis player-killing people over and over again until the server's population drops down to around 30 (like all the other PvP emu servers).

This is what I think: a bit before Kunark (or maybe even velious) is released, I think they should start a classic discord server to keep us all occupied. At least that way no one has any illusions about what they're getting into, and it's clear from the beginning that everyone involved is competing for the largest e-cock.

Straif
08-22-2010, 06:46 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. People who want to turn the server PvP are basically just saying that they'd rather take the people who don't want PvP (the majority of us) and force them to do PvP. The people who want PvE aren't saying that you can NEVER get PvP, just that PvP is opt-in. You can turn your book in to the priest of discord if you want, you can go to an arena if you want, or you can duel people if you want. There's also the alternative of just starting your own server.

Opt-in PvP means everyone gets what they want. What so many douches on this server are suggesting is that only a few people should get what they want, while everyone else has to deal with the headache of PvP-loving morons being douchebags, hacking, and showing off their e-penis player-killing people over and over again until the server's population drops down to around 30 (like all the other PvP emu servers).

This is what I think: a bit before Kunark (or maybe even velious) is released, I think they should start a classic discord server to keep us all occupied. At least that way no one has any illusions about what they're getting into, and it's clear from the beginning that everyone involved is competing for the largest e-cock.

Couldn't of said it any better.

Estolcles
08-22-2010, 07:07 PM

This is the best explanation given.

XeldiablosX
08-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Well if ya want pvp then get some people together an start a guild to pvp with each other, or there is always the obvious choice of another server because i know plenty that are strictly pvp if that suits your fancy.

Neuroscar
08-23-2010, 02:03 AM
I'm all for turning this entire server PvP but I know this is a classic PvE EQ server so I have no illusions about that happening.

azxten
08-23-2010, 02:04 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

How is this relevant to my suggestion?

Well if ya want pvp then get some people together an start a guild to pvp with each other, or there is always the obvious choice of another server because i know plenty that are strictly pvp if that suits your fancy.

Yeah, PvPing with other people you know is just what we want. Are you kidding me? That's not PvP. The PvP servers are dead also so what's the point of going to play on a PvP server with 30 people who are all max level?

Once again I don't care about all the retards who posted in this thread suggesting we change the server to be PvP, planes, whatever. That's not what I suggested!

XeldiablosX
08-23-2010, 02:16 AM

Then to answer your question, No its not classic. Resolved. Next question?

As suggested in the thread there are forms of pvp available, I merely suggested the grouping/guild mates that like to pvp thing for those that ... wish for that. Since this is not wow and there is no wintergrasp here, Most likey that will not be seen here.

azxten
08-23-2010, 02:17 AM

Nothing, that was it.

Overcast
08-23-2010, 09:41 AM

As suggested in the thread there are forms of pvp available, I merely suggested the grouping/guild mates that like to pvp thing for those that ... wish for that. Since this is not wow and there is no wintergrasp here, Most likey that will not be seen here.

Maybe the biggest 'issue' is when you turn in the Discord book, you are pretty much useless for anything other than solo or PvP.

Of course, it's not pure classic - but couldn't that be changed? Like.. enable buffing/heals of group members and/or guild members if you are flagged?

Of course, it opens up 'unreachable' healers and such, but it might still open the option up some.

That's one thing WoW did right - PvP flag..

Lazortag
08-23-2010, 10:24 AM
I'd actually support making it so turning in the tome of discord doesn't preclude non-red people from healing you, as well as the other restrictions it puts on you. To be honest it would make the server feel *more* classic in the aggregate, because to some people their classic experience involved PvP, which they're barred from doing because of this stupid rule. Back in the day very few people on PvE servers realistically turned in the tome of discord, it was always a "mistake", so no one sees that as a big part of their classic experience.

Tetrian
08-23-2010, 10:43 AM
A RVR like zone, similar to the newbie ones in DAOC would actually be pretty own. Its not classic, i know, but it would be a massive improvement to the arena, and a fun non grief/low impact alternative to pvp in EQ :)

Place it somewhere central for easy access - EC or similar. Simple or complicated, it would likely add a good bit of fun to the game.

HippoNipple
08-23-2010, 11:16 AM
PvP is awesome and people who disagree are probably just too scared to give it a shot. If they did they would enjoy it also. With that said the people who don't like and have never tried it are the majority and they won't allow it on the server.

People who say "if you want pvp just turn your book of discord in" have to realize that isn't a real option on this server. You can then not group with anyone blue because you can't be healed/buffed.

People who say go to the Arena don't understand what pvp really is. PvP is not a set up duel to mess around with it is a game style which changes the entire social dynamic for a server.

Alternatives to PvP on our server:

1) PvP events - The race pvp war event is a good example of how people can get their fix. Even though it is just an event and doesn't really effect how the community interacts with each other at least you get that guerilla warfare aspect where it isn't a straight duel with someone else. The duel takes away a lot of the pvp skill and ends up being more of who has better gear.

2) Flagging system - people that are flagged red cannot be healed/buffed by blues. Make it so people can heal/buff but are flagged red for 15 minutes. It might make it so a red is shunned from groups so they don't have the risk of being red, but maybe not. And if the red player doesn't like it they can always turn back to a blue with the priest of order.

3) Go semi PvP server where certain zones are PvP. I know this would upset a lot of people at first but I think its the most reasonable - but I'm also biased since I enjoy PvP. If you could just pick out a few zones that are connectors and not real hot spots for leveling it would be bearable for the true blues out there. You could also refrain from making dungeons PvP since that would make a lot of grief. An example would be making zones like south ro, lesser fay, rathe mountains, west and north karanas, and maybe a couple others pvp with a 4 level limit and coin only loot. This is my favorite option and it would give the people who enjoy pvp a real home without really disrupting others.

Another reason number 3 is the best is because it is probably the easiest change to make. I don't know anything about programming but making a couple zones pvp zones just seems easier than creating entire new zones that are pvp, making a complex flagging system that will make everyone happy (most likely impossible), or coming up with events all the time.

If the change totally bombed it could be changed back. Even doing it for a week trial basis and then seeing peoples reactions would be nice. It could even turn into something that happened every once in a while for a weeks duration. It could be announced a couple days prior, have something like a week out of every month - pvp zones active.

XeldiablosX
08-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Enjoy'd pvp quite a bit on most games, but EQ was not one of them it was rather dull an boring here compared to all others I have played. However some people detest pvp at all so its kind of unfair to say they are scared and that they would enjoy it.

The main problem with any type of pvp "open, semi open" is the griefing and corpse camping. Yea its great when your the one griefing, but when your on the receiving end it's not so good. Its why I have always preferred that if you want to pvp join a pvp server.

Tallenn
08-23-2010, 11:41 AM

+1 (or 4 or whatever it's up to).

Get it through your thick heads, PvPers! You don't want just PvP, because that's already available. You want to have a fresh pool of people you can victimize, so that you can feel powerful and stroke your epeen. We don't want to be your victims. Start your own damn server.

XeldiablosX
08-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Get it through your thick heads, PvPers! You don't want just PvP, because that's already available. You want to have a fresh pool of people you can victimize, so that you can feel powerful and stroke your epeen. We don't want to be your victims. Start your own damn server.

That is pretty much spot on right there :)

Straif
08-23-2010, 12:02 PM

^^^ This ^^^

Hipponipple makes a good point however, if you re read the OP's first post, he wants a place to "get beat up and corpse camped".

I've been through my fair share of PvP (Started with UO). PvP is fun but the percentage of people who want to grief others FAR outnumbers people who have legitimate skill and or enjoy PvP'ing games.

UncleDread
08-23-2010, 12:04 PM

I'm sorry to hear you have zero skill and sit in one spot killinng green spawn alday long.Do you think everyone feels the same way you do??Get the heck out of your Basement bro and see the sunshine.This is only a idea we are throwing around to make this game alittle funnier for the skilled players.We are only asking for a area not the intire server to be pvp.This way we dont upset YOU while your camping green bosses, Thinking Gold will buy you the end game items.:cool:

XeldiablosX
08-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Cuz it takes a lot of skill to corpse camp someone thats 30 levels lower than you >.> jk =p But I can see what you mean. Not sure if that will be implemented at all though. However the funny part to that whole concept is ... there will be 2 people in the entire zone, rogues at that trying to find the other for hours til one zones an leaves of boredom and eventually the zone will be a waste of space.

Straif
08-23-2010, 12:11 PM
This is only a idea we are throwing around to make this game alittle funnier for the skilled players.We are only asking for a area not the intire server to be pvp.

Sorry not classic...

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

UncleDread
08-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Cuz it takes a lot of skill to corpse camp someone thats 30 levels lower than you >.>

If you cant handle the heat get the hell out of the oven.If you had FRIENDS you could group up and take down any Lvl that was greifing you.So your point is?

UncleDread
08-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Sorry not classic...

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Fuk yourself QQ more?:D

HippoNipple
08-23-2010, 12:12 PM

Where is there a pvp server, you mean that crappy run one with 30 people on it at a time? As for making my own I'm not a programmer... I just play games and I don't have the resources to make a p1999. That means I don't get what I want but still what a stupid suggestion, for me to make my own server by myself. If there was only a PvP server I'm sure you would be working on your own PvE server buddy.

Explaining PvP for people who dont understand it and resist it:

It has nothing to do with "victimizing." PvP is an aspect of the game that should be in every roleplaying game from the start. Many argue Everquest is great because of the freedom. You can attack any npc you want or go jump in some lava, unlike many other mmorpgs. Why can't you attack the real player next to you if they are screwing you over somehow? Yes maybe some will use it to grief others but PvP is real, you pay for your actions and reputation on a PvP server. Having true enemies and allies in a rpg is a huge plus for me (but obviously not everything since I still enjoy this server more than other games out there right now). Especially when that enemy is a certain guild or player instead of the game just starting me out on a different side. Everquest PvP allows you to develop your own enemies unlike other games PvP like WoW. The only enemies you have in PvE Everquest is the guild sitting next to you going for a spawn, which is very weak and there is never any satisfying revenge or victory in that type of rivalry. It only results in spending hours and hours camping and bitching/complaining.

The reason it is good isn't just so you can victimize people as you say. The whole ideal behind Everquest being harsh and real compared to other games is an argument for PvP, but unfortunately that is crossing the line for realness and harshness for most players.

XeldiablosX
08-23-2010, 12:19 PM
If you cant handle the heat get the hell out of the oven.If you had FRIENDS you could group up and take down any Lvl that was greifing you.So your point is?

Lol thats exactly my point, someone kills you or whatever and you get 50 other friends to swing by an just grief him. That takes Massive skill man lemme tell ya lol. Main point is the zone will be useless because apparently only 3 or 4 people on the entire server want it. Christ look at the arena ... how often is it even used and its only flagged once you step into the arena, if you want a zone that flags when you zone in. I see people camping the zoners since you load in before you can do anything.

Overall it will only bring more grief, QQing and useless petitions because so an so killed me while i was zoning.

Straif
08-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Where is there a pvp server, you mean that crappy run one with 30 people on it at a time? As for making my own I'm not a programmer... I just play games and I don't have the resources to make a p1999. That means I don't get what I want but still what a stupid suggestion, for me to make my own server by myself. If there was only a PvP server I'm sure you would be working on your own PvE server buddy.

It has nothing to do with "victimizing." PvP is an aspect of the game that should be in every roleplaying game from the start. Many argue Everquest is great because of the freedom. You can attack any npc you want or go jump in some lava, unlike many other mmorpgs. Why can't you attack the real player next to you if they are screwing you over somehow? Yes maybe some will use it to grief others but PvP is real, you pay for your actions and reputation on a PvP server. Having true enemies and allies in a rpg is a huge plus for me (but obviously not everything since I still enjoy this server more than other games out there right now). Especially when that enemy is a certain guild or player instead of the game just starting me out on a different side. Everquest PvP allows you to develop your own enemies unlike other games PvP like WoW. The only enemies you have in PvE Everquest is the guild sitting next to you going for a spawn, which is very weak and there is never any satisfying revenge or victory in that type of rivalry. It only results in spending hours and hours camping and bitching/complaining.

The reason it is good isn't just so you can victimize people as you say. The whole ideal behind Everquest being harsh and real compared to other games is an argument for PvP, but unfortunately that is crossing the line for realness and harshness for most players.

I like the idea of PvP in the sense that I have some sort of control over what goes down with the player environment. To me, and a lot of other people... see griefing being a huge problem. Sure, every PvP game will have it but as far a reputation goes: it's hard to do something about that "asshole" who camped your corpse when he has a legion of other assholes.

Also: UncleDread... if you can't put forth an argument like Hippo has here ^^

THAN SHUT YOUR FUCKING CUNT MOUTH

UncleDread
08-23-2010, 12:24 PM
I like the idea of PvP in the sense that I have some sort of control over what goes down with the player environment. To me, and a lot of other people... see griefing being a huge problem. Sure, every PvP game will have it but as far a reputation goes: it's hard to do something about that "asshole" who camped your corpse when he has a legion of other assholes.

QQ more? sad noob

XeldiablosX
08-23-2010, 12:25 PM
watch spartacus more it goes :

FUCK YOUR MOUTH SHUT !!!

Straif
08-23-2010, 12:25 PM
QQ

UncleDread
08-23-2010, 12:26 PM
QQ

QQ more

Overcast
08-23-2010, 12:30 PM
watch spartacus more it goes :

FUCK YOUR MOUTH SHUT !!!

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo160/DarkRich/caution-this-is-sparta.jpg

XeldiablosX
08-23-2010, 12:35 PM
LOL I like that =p

HippoNipple
08-23-2010, 12:46 PM

The legion of assholes most likely turn on each other and are never organized. Also they very rarely even make it to top level because people find out who they are and kos them forcing them to remake and act differently next time. The top guilds on PvP servers are always anti pk and are respectful to others like them. I would imagine this community would be very respectful for the most part as far as corpse camping. Plus why corpse camp? You could get screenshots or whatever documentation you want and get the person banned for it. Corpse camping does nothing for the pker since all you could loot would be coin. If someone actually was griefing that way at least you could get them banned. Right now people have to worry about people making new accounts and training npcs on people. Banning them does nothing to those griefers and those people are not only doing corpse runs but losing exp. In PvP you don't lose any exp.

"Griefers" is just an excuse, not a real reason to not have pvp. It's another aspect of the game that we are missing out on. Trust me on a PvP server the people who enjoy being dominant in PvE will still be dominant, and there would even be a larger margin between how much better geared the honorable people are compared to the assholes. Once you are named an asshole on a PvP server you just become KoS to everyone and if a guild keeps them in the guild they risk their own reputation way more than they do in PvE. That entire guild may become KoS to other guilds. That PvP environment forces guilds to be honorable that want to do PvE content.

If one of the current top guilds were always assholes the rest of the community could overtake them and eventually make them pay for it on a PvP server. Plus the random griefers will always be hunted by the tons of people with nothing to do. The PvE people drool over a reason to use their top end gear on someone that is known as a PKer. Meaning the people getting picked on will have their opportunity to get revenge through people at the EC tunnel. How long do you think it would take people to hear there was a pk in EC tunnel, port there with 2 or 3 guys and take care of it? There would probably end up being 10-20 people going after them with all the people sitting at EC tunnel with nothing to do.

Tallenn
08-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Where is there a pvp server, you mean that crappy run one with 30 people on it at a time?

So, what? You've already ruined your own pool, now you want to piss in ours, too?

There's probably a reason that server is a piece of crap. We'd like to keep that crap out of P99, thank you very much.

HippoNipple
08-23-2010, 12:52 PM
So, what? You've already ruined your own pool, now you want to piss in ours, too?

There's probably a reason that server is a piece of crap. We'd like to keep that crap out of P99, thank you very much.

You could use that same argument to say PvE ruined all the other crappy emulator servers. That has nothing to do with it.

XeldiablosX
08-23-2010, 12:53 PM

Agreed and to quote *insert random orc or gnoll here*

“You’ve ruined your own lands, you’ll not ruin mine!”

HippoNipple
08-23-2010, 01:02 PM
lol alright guys I fail, I will give it up because I enjoy this server enough to not worry about it. It gets me riled up sometimes to think of how much fun it would be, but I've been around long enough to know it wont happen here. This is my first time playing pure PvE on any game and I'm having some fun as of now.

Tallenn
08-23-2010, 01:19 PM
I didn't mean to imply that PvP ruined that other server- it was the players that ruined it. MMO PvP attracts a certain type of person to it. I'm not suggesting that you, or any of the people that have asked for PvP on P99 are among those. However, you cannot deny that if PvP begins to become more prevalent, those types of people- probably the very ones who have ruined VZ/TZ (or whatever it's called) will also be attracted to P99.

No doubt most of them have already created characters here- but so far, they quickly learn that P99 has nothing for them, they get bored, and they rarely play here. If PvP takes more of a role here, those same jerks that ruined your server will come here to ruin this one, too.

joran
08-23-2010, 01:36 PM
wouldnt people just zone whore and sit right on the zoneline and zone anytime it looked like they might die ?

Gamkek
08-23-2010, 01:36 PM
PvP is awesome and people who disagree are probably just too scared to give it a shot. If they did they would enjoy it also.

Enormously sweeping generalizations FTW. How can you say something like this with a straight face?

XeldiablosX
08-23-2010, 01:51 PM
wouldnt people just zone whore and sit right on the zoneline and zone anytime it looked like they might die ?

You would also have those people who wait for someone to zone in an just whail away while their loading >_< Seen that done I dunno how many times. It's mainly why they have places like the arena zone, so people can't sit at the zoneline waiting for laggy people to zone in just to be dead before their done loading to the zone.

Overcast
08-23-2010, 01:53 PM
You would also have those people who wait for someone to zone in an just whail away while their loading >_< Seen that done I dunno how many times. It's mainly why they have places like the arena zone, so people can't sit at the zoneline waiting for laggy people to zone in just to be dead before their done loading to the zone.

Yeah, that was common on the Zeks. People would hang out at the Nek/EC zone all the time.

Of course... there were enough around there most of the time that it just started up fights all it's own. Others would engage the people waiting to ambush around the zone line, etc. Many would zone hop - but on there you could have someone on each side of the zone.

That contest came down purely to who zoned fastest. You could zone a couple times back and forth and then gate or wander off once and wonder how many times the other person would zone before they gave up, lol

Straif
08-23-2010, 01:58 PM
lol alright guys I fail, I will give it up because I enjoy this server enough to not worry about it. It gets me riled up sometimes to think of how much fun it would be, but I've been around long enough to know it wont happen here. This is my first time playing pure PvE on any game and I'm having some fun as of now.

I'm far from "for PvP" on this particular project. But I do give you props as you do raise good points & can articulate your argument better than most of the people who normally start with: "Need to pwn nubs with the hax, if you don't like Pvp your a fucking pussy blue fag lulz!"

XeldiablosX
08-23-2010, 01:58 PM
LMFAO nice =p

azxten
08-23-2010, 02:26 PM
LMFAO nice =p

You really need to admit to yourself that you have 0 idea what EQ PvP is. You're talking about Rogues sneaking around for hours? Do you understand what see invis does? Zone camping is also expected and that's why you zone in with multiple people in your group and ready to fight. Seriously, you're just so massively misinformed about what EQ PvP is that you should stop posting.

I find it amazing that the idea of adding an NPC that ports you to some unused zone where you're PvP flagged upsets people so much. Don't fucking use it if you don't want it! More support/petitions/whatever? PvP eliminated support issues.

Jesus christ this is pathetic going over the same issues over and over with RETARDS who don't know ANYTHING about PvP or EQ PvP who rehash the same boring old arguments that are completely invalid as a reason why no one should get even a tiny bit of release for PvP outside of duels or "that PvP zone Arena". FUCK!

I especially love the "you don't even want PvP you just want to victimize me because I'm a newb" complaints. Are you seriously that mentally deficient that you think a single zone with no rewards for PvP that isn't even used by any expansion that will ever exist on this server is a way to victimize newbs? Make it so you have to agree 100 times to enter the zone before you get ported in, I don't give a fuck.

On the flip side some of the Devs/GMs keep trying to do these fucking PvP event things where you have to add your name to a sign up list and all this BULLSHIT that completely impedes people from just having some actual PvP fights which is all most of us want.

HippoNipple
08-23-2010, 02:30 PM
I didn't mean to imply that PvP ruined that other server- it was the players that ruined it. MMO PvP attracts a certain type of person to it. I'm not suggesting that you, or any of the people that have asked for PvP on P99 are among those. However, you cannot deny that if PvP begins to become more prevalent, those types of people- probably the very ones who have ruined VZ/TZ (or whatever it's called) will also be attracted to P99.

No doubt most of them have already created characters here- but so far, they quickly learn that P99 has nothing for them, they get bored, and they rarely play here. If PvP takes more of a role here, those same jerks that ruined your server will come here to ruin this one, too.

I have never played on that emulator pvp server, I have just read about it on here. I would never play on a server that had no population or had a reputation for cheaters on it. I saw someone talk about project 1999 on a youtube video for some other game - I just found out about EQ emulators.

Something that will ruin a PvP server quick is knowing others are cheating. No one wants to compete with a cheater. I have heard that the emulator pvp server has cheating on it and thats why it is the way it is. It also has people running several characters at once, which I wouldn't be interested in doing. I enjoy just playing my one character and wouldn't want the hassle. This server is better with getting rid of that crap and if you could cheat on this server I would think the cheating would still exist even if there was no PvP. Its an emulator and there is nothing to lose for trying to cheat.

Its dumb to say the only reason the emulator PvP server died was because PvPers are immature and ruin communities. There are a lot of other servers with no one on them. I also don't know why you think people that enjoy PvP come here, get bored and leave. Obviously they are out there because I see a lot of threads about PvP on this site and we all come here knowing there is no PvP. I don't think any of us really planned on coming to this server and expected to have the influence to change its way. You see people having requests all the time that "aren't classic" or wanting the expansions released sooner than the current timeline. Things aren't exactly how they want but this is still the best alternative. These PvP threads really just come up from nostalgia since some of us always played PvP back in 1999.

XeldiablosX
08-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Don't assume you know anything about me, I do know pvp quite well actually. What I am tired of is people who fail altogether like yourself. You just assume whatever about someone reguardless. Been playing mmo's for quite sometime most likely well before you even knew what they was. Take your QQ'ing elsewhere if you have nothing constructive to talk about instead of assuming everyone is as retarded as yourself when it comes to pvp.

XeldiablosX
08-23-2010, 02:39 PM
You really need to admit to yourself that you have 0 idea what EQ PvP is. You're talking about Rogues sneaking around for hours? Do you understand what see invis does? Zone camping is also expected and that's why you zone in with multiple people in your group and ready to fight. Seriously, you're just so massively misinformed about what EQ PvP is that you should stop posting.

I find it amazing that the idea of adding an NPC that ports you to some unused zone where you're PvP flagged upsets people so much. Don't fucking use it if you don't want it! More support/petitions/whatever? PvP eliminated support issues.

Jesus christ this is pathetic going over the same issues over and over with RETARDS who don't know ANYTHING about PvP or EQ PvP who rehash the same boring old arguments that are completely invalid as a reason why no one should get even a tiny bit of release for PvP outside of duels or "that PvP zone Arena". FUCK!

I especially love the "you don't even want PvP you just want to victimize me because I'm a newb" complaints. Are you seriously that mentally deficient that you think a single zone with no rewards for PvP that isn't even used by any expansion that will ever exist on this server is a way to victimize newbs? Make it so you have to agree 100 times to enter the zone before you get ported in, I don't give a fuck.

On the flip side some of the Devs/GMs keep trying to do these fucking PvP event things where you have to add your name to a sign up list and all this BULLSHIT that completely impedes people from just having some actual PvP fights which is all most of us want.

Who is this We, all or Us you refer to? other than the handful of people that have mentioned something on this thread?

azxten
08-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Who is this We, all or Us you refer to? other than the handful of people that have mentioned something on this thread?

The tons of people on this server who played RZ/TZ/VZ/SZ that want some kind of PvP to relive their classic experiences.

Yeah, you're some kind of PvP pro who isn't even smart enough to know about See Invis and thinks EQ PvP involves Rogues sneaking around for hours until someone gives up and logs.

HippoNipple
08-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Also another point I want to make about the kind of people PvP servers attract. Those same people that everyone hates on PvP servers are on this server as well. Someone that has never played on a PvP server may be this type of person, a PvP server just brings it out in them. There are these bitches in all of the top guilds right now, its just in a PvP server their true colors/greed shows more times than not and you weed them out. It forces people to mingle with the people they should be, instead of just getting into a guild because you spend x amount of hours in the game. PvP brings a better unity inside guilds because you need to watch each others backs and your reputations reflect how people look at all of you. PvE you can be an asshole and hide it easier, be disrespectful and get away with it, etc.

XeldiablosX
08-23-2010, 02:54 PM
The tons of people on this server who played RZ/TZ/VZ/SZ that want some kind of PvP to relive their classic experiences.

Yeah, you're some kind of PvP pro who isn't even smart enough to know about See Invis and thinks EQ PvP involves Rogues sneaking around for hours until someone gives up and logs.

Then go back to your own server that you all screwed up in the first place an go back there to "relieve your classic experience" or *gasp* dare i say find a server that provides pvp? As far as the whole see invis thing... really? what are we 9 now? I never said i was a pro but your nit picking just for the sake of arguing, stop beating the gd horse it's dead.

XeldiablosX
08-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Also another point I want to make about the kind of people PvP servers attract. Those same people that everyone hates on PvP servers are on this server as well. Someone that has never played on a PvP server may be this type of person, a PvP server just brings it out in them. There are these bitches in all of the top guilds right now, its just in a PvP server their true colors/greed shows more times than not and you weed them out. It forces people to mingle with the people they should be, instead of just getting into a guild because you spend x amount of hours in the game. PvP brings a better unity inside guilds because you need to watch each others backs and your reputations reflect how people look at all of you. PvE you can be an asshole and hide it easier, be disrespectful and get away with it, etc.

I can agree with that.

azxten
08-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Then go back to your own server that you all screwed up in the first place an go back there to "relieve your classic experience" or *gasp* dare i say find a server that provides pvp? As far as the whole see invis thing... really? what are we 9 now? I never said i was a pro but your nit picking just for the sake of arguing, stop beating the gd horse it's dead.

You mean the server we came from that no longer exists because Sony merged all the PvP servers to RZ ruleset and everyone quit playing? Do you know what the the EQEmu PvP server is like? It's dominated by hackers, dupes, corrupt GMs, and so on. It's not run with anywhere near the same professionalism that P99 is and that's why no one plays there.

Also, do you know why those servers were merged? It wasn't a population issue. They wanted to add things like mercs, etc that would ruin PvP completely so they killed it off. If you look at RZ today it's huge battles... of mercs. Similar to how EQ Live blows cock now the same was true on the PvP servers.

There's no where left to go the only choice is a corrupt emulator server dominated by MQ users or EQ Live's version of an MMO you play entirely alone.

My suggestion allows you to take your classic EQ PvE character and walk into the classic EQ PvP world in a single zone for no other reason than to remember how awesome PvP was. There's no reason for anyone to go other than PvP so how can you grief? It could even use a GY effect that kicks your corpse out of the zone when you die.

XeldiablosX
08-23-2010, 03:58 PM
See now with responses like this, we can have a constructive conversation without all the nit picking know it all nonsense. I am sure that those servers are prolly over run by hackers an corrupted GM's not many servers are ... of quality. Live on the otherhand did destroy itself hehe the merc's were a joke and I am sure the pvp servers felt it just as much.

Now whether or not the dev's take this into consideration is beyond me, if they are trying to remain as classic as possible it really is a lost cause but who knows, if enough people show interest I am sure that one day it may happen.

cured
08-23-2010, 04:27 PM
I think the best option is just to enable guilds to do PvP with other guilds, if they so choose. Rules won't have to change for everyone else but PvPers could join Guild A that allows them to fight Guild B. If that's possible, I think both sides win. The "Care Bears" can go about their business as normal but PvPers would have someone to kill.

HippoNipple
08-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Cured that is a great idea but you come up with the problem of having blues then healing the pvpers.

For example a good pvp guild in this instance would have a support guild that was blue, following them around and healing them. Then you say, well why not make it so blues can't heal the reds, cause then the reds wouldn't be around anyways cause they could do that right now if they wanted and there aren't any around.

For PvP to actually work there would have to be pvp zones, and the blues could just avoid those zones for the most part. Blues won't budge on that though so it won't happen.

If I had a good group of friends that could survive with just playing each other I would love to be in an all red guild, but as of now its not possible. I don't play enough to organize something like that and you would need about 15 people active in the guild around the same level to be productive while leveling up. It would be tough to have enough people to always have a group.

cured
08-23-2010, 11:37 PM
I see what you're saying, but there are going to be problems no matter how you slice it if you plan on doing it on this server. I played on TZ and we had the invulnerable healer thing you mentioned but it wasn't as big a deal there as it may be here, given dark elves, trolls, and ogres were KOS to every other race from the start of the same, anyway.

The reason guild vs. guild works is it makes it team-oriented PvP. If some lone enchanter from guild A goes into Guk to kill someone from guild B who is grouped, why shouldn't the group defend their party members? But if an entire party from Guild A comes in to hunt that guy down, is having one or two healers really going to matter? Nope.

By doing this on a Guild level, you can let the guilds police each other. If someone starts griefing/corpse camping/in general being a douche, give him a gkick and his PvP privilege will be gone.

Neuroscar
08-24-2010, 01:23 AM
A good idea about the immy healers would be a Lineage like concept.
They might be low lvl and untouchable, but the moment they cast a spell on a character engaged they instantly become flagged for pvp.
I have no idea how easy or not that is to code.

It's a good thing we keep this thread alive nevertheless..

Straif
08-24-2010, 01:34 AM
A good idea about the immy healers would be a Lineage like concept.
They might be low lvl and untouchable, but the moment they cast a spell on a character engaged they instantly become flagged for pvp.
I have no idea how easy or not that is to code.

It's a good thing we keep this thread alive nevertheless..

very interesting. Ultima Online used to have something similar with a queue menu open asking "This will be considered a criminal action".

The only difference there is that you were ALWAYS pvp'able. Just flagged you as a criminal!

Farlis
08-24-2010, 01:40 AM
i am probably wrong about this, but wasn't there some sort of function on live were you could war with another guild? I seem to remember hearing something about that but it might just have been hearsay

Toomuch
08-24-2010, 01:53 AM
I'm tellin' you guys... New server, dedicated mods, p1999 style, sullon zek ruleset (maybe reduce the pvp level limit to 10 or 15 levels so you can't "grief greeny" all day), cheaters take a swift banhammer to the nuts. If I could pick and chose a couple other rules... no training, and only 2 teams, good vs evil.

Although I love this server and all the work that's been done, I'd jump to this kind of pvp server in a heartbeat. Staged Dueling isn't the pvp we're looking for. "The arena" isn't the pvp we're looking for. Turning in the book isn't what we're looking for. Specific zone pvp is a start, but it's not what we're looking for, because many agree that safe zones were the beginning of the end of EQ pvp, especially when AA's were introduced: manaburn someone and instant gate to nexus, talk a little shit, afk message "lawl pwned betch" and make some food, take a dump, come back and do it all over again. Retarded. The safest you could get in old school pvp was to run into your own city... but what if this certain person had ground out faction there... uh oh, spaghetti-o's. IT WAS AWESOME. And this coming from a ranger, on the super outnumbered/outgeared team, with no instant kill button, by the time I got am2 they nerfed it (before I even got to am3), and I STILL liked it that much.

I'm tellin' you if it was moderated, and the aforementioned rules and setup were implemented, it would freaking rock. ROCK I say!

Eternal-Elf
08-24-2010, 02:04 AM
I'm tellin' you guys... New server, dedicated mods, p1999 style, sullon zek ruleset (maybe reduce the pvp level limit to 10 or 15 levels so you can't "grief greeny" all day), cheaters take a swift banhammer to the nuts. If I could pick and chose a couple other rules... no training, and only 2 teams, good vs evil.

Although I love this server and all the work that's been done, I'd jump to this kind of pvp server in a heartbeat. Staged Dueling isn't the pvp we're looking for. "The arena" isn't the pvp we're looking for. Turning in the book isn't what we're looking for. Specific zone pvp is a start, but it's not what we're looking for, because many agree that safe zones were the beginning of the end of EQ pvp, especially when AA's were introduced: manaburn someone and instant gate to nexus, talk a little shit, afk message "lawl pwned betch" and make some food, take a dump, come back and do it all over again. Retarded. The safest you could get in old school pvp was to run into your own city... but what if this certain person had ground out faction there... uh oh, spaghetti-o's. IT WAS AWESOME. And this coming from a ranger, on the super outnumbered/outgeared team, with no instant kill button, by the time I got am2 they nerfed it (before I even got to am3), and I STILL liked it that much.

I'm tellin' you if it was moderated, and the aforementioned rules and setup were implemented, it would freaking rock. ROCK I say!

What really needs to be done is a solid group of players with a good donation history talking to the devs. I think they are "overworked and underpaid" as it is right now trying to get Kunark on the map.

With the right initiative though you can make anything happen =)

Drasis
08-24-2010, 02:32 AM

This is right on. Personally I never played a blue server until this one, and I find it all very vanilla...very very vanilla. The mentality in PvE seems to be that EQ is just an extension of our comfortable 1st World lives. Everyone works together to achieve shared goals, and all competition between players is very passive aggressive, like we all work for the same company and cant openly rip each others' hearts out, for instance. Aren't your normal lives safe enough? Why shouldn't you have to watch your backs in an RPG?

Don't get me wrong. Everyone here is very nice and helpful, but we're killing orcs with our bare hands at level 1... why can't I lynch any old Troll who comes strolling through my home town? Why can't you be a villain? The only path to infamy is training and KSing, which are both stupid and get you petitioned yadda yadda.

And the whining over camped spawns is making my ears bleed.

Thana8088
08-27-2010, 08:27 PM
*edit*

Gawain
08-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Love.This.Thread. (late as hell)

The graveyard idea really puts an end to griefing and whatnot. To stop people from attacking right at the zone line you could employ random locations where you land when you zone or just having invunerability for say 45 seconds when you zone in. Keep level rectrictions on (I liked 8 levels more than 10 because let's be real someone 8 levels lower usualy didnt stand a chance)

A lot of good points were made about the PvP experience though. I was playing yesterday and remembering what it was like to run in SK on VZ and why I never hunted there often; darkies. There was a general fear or awareness of the dark/ light races. If you saw one in your zone, there was a group of the opposite race trying to get them out of your respective zone so you could level in peace. We always employed a loot and scoot policy; if you lingered and tried to attack again, you faced the consiquences.

There was always a nice fight around Lavastorm and i remember getting dot'ed by necros so many times (forget what that high level dot was splurge or something..) and trying for all of me to use my pally heals to say alivbe and it not happening.

I don't really understand how there would be many opponets to this though because if you don't like it, don't do it.. It still kind of shiver when I grp with orges trolls and dark elves and whatnot.

azxten
08-31-2010, 05:10 PM
I doubt this is ever going to happen. I don't think the devs really care about PvP enough to take the time to code something like this in. Who knows though.. maybe after Velious is released they'll have time for this kind of thing.

HippoNipple
08-31-2010, 05:55 PM
Another way to solve the problem with people zoning away from the pvp zone to get away is rooting or fearing. The classes that can't do this cant pvp anyways so who cares about them or they could just make a pvp friend.

lauremore
08-31-2010, 06:27 PM
I'd love an RZ style classic server that had this much attention. Perhaps we should get together and find a way?

cured
08-31-2010, 06:30 PM
I still say guild-enabled PvP is the easiest option. What good is a single zone that will be camped at the line and what kind of a coding nightmare would it be for the devs to concoct something like that? Guild PvP would keep you on your toes all the time and would create real rivalries. Heck, I think the upper level guilds would find this useful when it comes to who can claim spawns in the planes.

Gawain
08-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Hell, fighting for a kill is what we did every night once I got into a raiding guild. It was pretty awesome actually. The top 4 or 5 guilds on the server at the time didn't like each other one bit, but they usually played pretty fair as far as when it came down to giving up the mob if you lost... really my pvp exp was amazing despite a couple of select experiences.. Then again I was near the top of the food chain when it was happening too.

mark1178
09-01-2010, 10:38 AM
I would like to see some pvp here since the reason I played live EQ back in the day was because of the pvp, and being on the evil side, it was a challenge since every other race was targetting you. But, as a true pvp'er we followed certain player made rules (no attacking someone while they're on a mob, no corpse camping, Loot and Scoot -which was followed in the early days of Vallon Zek) which many players abided by.

What ruins that whole dynamic is the fact that there are those idiots who think themselves as pvp'ers when all they do is cheapen the "fair fight" aspect of pvp and wait for you to get your health really low and gank you or attack you while you have mobs on you...which I really HATE.

A true showing of how respect worked in pvp was when my old guild Infectus on Vallon Zek was raiding KD, we were midway through the castle and the top guild on the server, Defiant, showed up. Of course we were ready for them even though we knew we would lose due to them being the best guild and having all races, and we just having the Evil races with no rangers/druids/gaybards. But, as we pulled one more mob, they were around the corner, and just waited. They sat there and waited until we killed the mob and right when it was close to dead one of them shouted "Are you ready?" and our guild leader shouted back "One sec, rezzing a few" and they replied "Ok". And once everyone was ready and buffed up, we yelled out "Lets do this!" and had the best pvp match ever. Yes we lost due to them having the best gear in game, but that was a true showing on how it used to be when people followed the player made rules and respected one another. Not like now where more and more people zone/corpse camp, wait for you to get low on health, hack, it all sickens me. The only time you could corpse camp was when the player you killed didnt Loot and Scoot, but that was up to you, Ive let many people stay there and do as they wished as long as they left me alone.

Yes I'd love pvp on this server since I loved the pre-PoP days more (I love boat rides to OT, gives me time to make a sandwich and play gems) but it can prove to be a double edged sword. One side, you have people like me who pvp for roleplays sake and honor the rules. On the other, you have people who all they do is pvp. And there's that one side where the "pvp'er" is a hacker, ganker, corpse/zone camper and all around tool.

It would be nice but it just really depends on how many "true roleplayers" there are over "morons". I do miss those Nek forest/EC wars though. Lighties on EC, and Darkies on Nek and waiting for someone to pass through.

HippoNipple
09-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm all for the pvp at all times but maybe it was because I was on an item loot server. With pp loot only I understand being more honorable with the fights because killing someone is more about the honor and doesn't involve you just wanting something they have.

One thing that would suck about introducing PvP on this server, this late, would be the people who are already geared out. PvP servers are a lot harder to progress then on blue servers, and you would be handing it to all of the old players. It's always tougher for new people to join a pvp server later on, and this would be magnified by allowing the starting people to be blue for so long.

I for one don't mind starting out as a huge underdog but most do, so it won't happen here. If PvP does happen on this server it wouldn't be server wide, it would have many limitations.

mark1178
09-01-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm all for the pvp at all times but maybe it was because I was on an item loot server. With pp loot only I understand being more honorable with the fights because killing someone is more about the honor and doesn't involve you just wanting something they have.

One thing that would suck about introducing PvP on this server, this late, would be the people who are already geared out. PvP servers are a lot harder to progress then on blue servers, and you would be handing it to all of the old players. It's always tougher for new people to join a pvp server later on, and this would be magnified by allowing the starting people to be blue for so long.

I for one don't mind starting out as a huge underdog but most do, so it won't happen here. If PvP does happen on this server it wouldn't be server wide, it would have many limitations.

I completely agree. For old guys like me who know the most of the games ins and outs, coming in (started last saturday I think) this late, it would be a pain in the butt. But, it's not enouhg to stop me and I totally see it stopping some of the new players first coming in and seeing some twinked out lvl 20 warrior with full crafted gank them with their banded armor.

Item loot was fun, I remember making naked runs from Neriak to Oggok as part of my first guilds initiation. Also I remember a time a friend gave me a full set of bronze armor and I lost it all in a few hours. Good times. Any kind of point system though pretty much ruins it for me, I like to pvp because of the fact that I love pvp. Rewards just increases the chances of people ganking and or cheating.

Overcast
09-01-2010, 01:47 PM
I would like to see some pvp here since the reason I played live EQ back in the day was because of the pvp, and being on the evil side, it was a challenge since every other race was targetting you. But, as a true pvp'er we followed certain player made rules (no attacking someone while they're on a mob, no corpse camping, Loot and Scoot -which was followed in the early days of Vallon Zek) which many players abided by.

What ruins that whole dynamic is the fact that there are those idiots who think themselves as pvp'ers when all they do is cheapen the "fair fight" aspect of pvp and wait for you to get your health really low and gank you or attack you while you have mobs on you...which I really HATE.

A true showing of how respect worked in pvp was when my old guild Infectus on Vallon Zek was raiding KD, we were midway through the castle and the top guild on the server, Defiant, showed up. Of course we were ready for them even though we knew we would lose due to them being the best guild and having all races, and we just having the Evil races with no rangers/druids/gaybards. But, as we pulled one more mob, they were around the corner, and just waited. They sat there and waited until we killed the mob and right when it was close to dead one of them shouted "Are you ready?" and our guild leader shouted back "One sec, rezzing a few" and they replied "Ok". And once everyone was ready and buffed up, we yelled out "Lets do this!" and had the best pvp match ever. Yes we lost due to them having the best gear in game, but that was a true showing on how it used to be when people followed the player made rules and respected one another. Not like now where more and more people zone/corpse camp, wait for you to get low on health, hack, it all sickens me. The only time you could corpse camp was when the player you killed didnt Loot and Scoot, but that was up to you, Ive let many people stay there and do as they wished as long as they left me alone.

Yes I'd love pvp on this server since I loved the pre-PoP days more (I love boat rides to OT, gives me time to make a sandwich and play gems) but it can prove to be a double edged sword. One side, you have people like me who pvp for roleplays sake and honor the rules. On the other, you have people who all they do is pvp. And there's that one side where the "pvp'er" is a hacker, ganker, corpse/zone camper and all around tool.

It would be nice but it just really depends on how many "true roleplayers" there are over "morons". I do miss those Nek forest/EC wars though. Lighties on EC, and Darkies on Nek and waiting for someone to pass through.

hehe, yeah - remember situations like that. Defiant was tough.. Iron Tower too, if you remember them - for a while. I think Defiant ended up the #1 guild on the server.

You remember the old 'lightie' guild Combine Resurrection? They played kinda hard core - only barbs, human, erudite.. mostly Qeynos area, wouldn't group with Elves, Dwarves, etc..

I was mostly in small guilds on Vallon, but I do recall seeing Infectus around. I started playing 'lighties' on VZ, but eventually ended up playing Dark most all of the time.

Another guild that I recall was 'Ministry of Hate' - they'd zone in or get a kill and /shout "Praise Hate!", lol

Dangit, I can't even remember what guild(s) I was in, there was a few and none really went to far on there. I think one of the lightie guilds was called 'Knights of Eternal Light' and ... Wicked Souls later in the game on the dark side, but there was another I was in for a while on the dark side, I just can't seem to remember the name!! Was mid-sized and around for a little bit... dang it, it will come to me eventually now that the thought is stuck in my head~

I mostly played a DE Enchanter there named 'Viiper' - hey you were Darkie? You remember a mother fucker named 'Dillweed'? He was like planar twinked or someshit - always in Oasis - ganking the hell out of people.

Once... my root stuck to him - yeah, he was twinked so that even when I was levels above him, WITH tash, I couldn't stick anything on him.. I was hanging with a RL friend who was playing an Ogre Warrior... root stuck on him (Dillweed the Rogue) - the warrior friend of mine jumped in on him - I just chain casted root. I was NOT about to let him move, if you got him 'low' on health, he's run off with Jboots and a couple minutes later, he'd be back at full health. But he stayed rooted and got owned - if you want to call it that. Was the last time I ever seen him.