PDA

View Full Version : The fellowship of the ring

Asap
05-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Watching it again for the 30th time.

Aragorn once again showing us why rangers are the weaker class

myxomatosii
05-17-2014, 08:31 PM
LotR is what happens when you forget to bring a cleric, quest woulda been way easier with the perfect group. War+Enc+Clr = mordorlol'd

Tecmos Deception
05-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Yeah. Everyone knows a group of a ranger, some rogues, and some warriors isn't going to accomplish anything. I mean, I guess they had a wizard too, but he kept porting in and out and was usually oom so he wouldn't cast any spells.

Pheer
05-17-2014, 08:41 PM
frodo didnt feel like leveling so he rolled a level 1 halfling rogue and used sneak/hide all the way there

Asap
05-17-2014, 08:56 PM
Yeah. Everyone knows a group of a ranger, some rogues, and some warriors isn't going to accomplish anything. I mean, I guess they had a wizard too, but he kept porting in and out and was usually oom so he wouldn't cast any spells.

Isn't this what wizards normally do?

Asap
05-17-2014, 08:58 PM
Also, Tecmos, I like you bud. Let me know if you're ever in Florida, I'll buy you a beer

Tecmos Deception
05-17-2014, 09:00 PM
Also, Tecmos, I like you bud. Let me know if you're ever in Florida, I'll buy you a beer

Lol, alright. Maybe in like 6-7 years when my kids are both able to enjoy and remember disney world or something :)

By then we'll be able to drink those beers while we lan party on the timeline-accurate p99.

Asap
05-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Lol, alright. Maybe in like 6-7 years when my kids are both able to enjoy and remember disney world or something :)

By then we'll be able to drink those beers while we lan party on the timeline-accurate p99.

Taking my son to Disney on the 26th, should be a blast.

Is Velious not here yet?

Ahldagor
05-17-2014, 10:10 PM
may be the weaker class but gets the fine lookin elf bride

Tecmos Deception
05-17-2014, 10:28 PM
What class is golum? Monk?

zanderklocke
05-17-2014, 10:48 PM
They should have just had a bard AE kite Mordor since it's an outdoor zone. If they did it prior to the patch, they could low hp kite all of Mordor.

phacemeltar
05-18-2014, 12:47 AM
i know that in the book they call themselves by certain classes, but based on abilities i think there could be confusion.

Gandalf is hardly a wizard. he doesnt throw one fireball, and the closest thing he has to a damage based projectile is flash of light. Legolas is obviously a ranger. one of the hobbits (Merry or Pippen) is a bard, and Samwise/Frodo would be the rogues.

if Gandalf were a druid, then the group is def viable with dual-ranger offheals, 3 tanks, a bard, and 2 rogues.

EDIT: just like a druid, Gandalf runs off halfway through the party to sell and solo some shit. barely makes it back in time before the group dies. would have wiped had they not gotten epic cleric buffs from Elrond before they left.

Asap
05-18-2014, 11:21 AM
I feel like gandalf is a magician. All he really does is summon fireworks and crap. He really is a conjurer of cheap tricks. All he's missing is the elementals

myriverse
05-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Honestly, in game terms, Aragorn was more of a Warrior than a Ranger.

Legolas was more of a true Ranger.

Champion_Standing
05-18-2014, 01:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Pippen was a necromancer

Ahldagor
05-18-2014, 01:44 PM
galadriel enchanter?

Brut
05-18-2014, 01:52 PM
galadriel enchanter?

Shaman prob, gave 10 dose ultravision pot to Frodo.

Champion_Standing
05-18-2014, 01:53 PM
Shaman prob, gave 10 dose ultravision pot to Frodo.

Nah it was one of these http://wiki.project1999.com/Summoned:_Wisp_Stone

Totally a mage

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-18-2014, 02:05 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/49969104.jpg

fishingme
05-18-2014, 02:15 PM
What class is golum? Monk?

Snake that kicks.

Asap
05-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Honestly, in game terms, Aragorn was more of a Warrior than a Ranger.

Legolas was more of a true Ranger.

Aragorn more of a ranger, 3/4 warrior, 1/4 Druid.

Legolas was 3/4 Druid, 1/4 warrior.

captnamazing
05-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Bilbo was a rogue, sneaking all roun dat draggin pussi (pre rogue stealth nerf)
Frodo was a Paladin - Pure of heart and courageous. At the end he stops wanting to kill people (pussi)
Samwise was a warrior - he fucking beasts Shelob and fistfucks her spider pussi
Aragorn was a Paladin who multiclassed into ranger cause he loved Drizzt, until he realized he had to be king to get dat tite elfish pussi. There are numerous instances where he LOH's people (Frodo, all of Gondor). It is lucky his Dunedain blood kept him alive for so many decades, because the hybrid exp penalties were THRU THE ROOF
Gandalf is clearly a mage - unfortunately, he pulled a Skarry and deleted his epic in Moria, thinking it was an empty bag of halfling leaf. The halfling leaf he smokes caused him to delete all spells in his spellbook minus Bristlebane's Bundle
Boromir is a warrior with shitty resist gear
Merry & Pippin are both warriors, although they never ding 60 like Sam..
Pippin got close when he tangled with Sauron but ended up sacc'ing his way down to 46
Elrond = Epic cleric with full planar gear in his bank, but he barely plays anymore
Legolas is a ranger. The books are much truer to the EQ lore from which Tolkien based it after his years as a neckbeard than the movies, since Legolawls is not a superpowerful arrow dancer. He spends most of his time crafting CLASS 2 Wood Point arrows and making fun of dwarves

Jaxon
05-18-2014, 09:24 PM
Gandalf pulled aggro on the Balrog with his useless proccing wizard meele weapon, jumped off the ledge and trained him to the bottom of the dungeon. GMs got petitions from the trolls and he got suspended for 2 weeks because lets face it, fraps was running and we all saw the evidence.

When he finally got back in game he wore white robes, symbolizing his commitment to thenceforth play with a clean whistle.

Xer0
05-18-2014, 09:27 PM

How do you figure legolas was 3/4 druid? did he cast heal spells or summon bears? No. He mowed motherfuckers down with a bow and twin shortblades.

Ranger.

Dillian
05-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Merry & Pippin are both warriors, although they never ding 60 like Sam..
Pippin got close when he tangled with Sauron but ended up sacc'ing his way down to 46

i agree with most but merry and pipin sing. Bards Imo

Aenor
05-19-2014, 01:06 AM
may be the weaker class but gets the fine lookin elf bride

Arwen 10/10 would bang.

Lojik
05-19-2014, 01:10 AM
Boromir was a ranger cause dead

Asap
05-19-2014, 07:09 AM
How do you figure legolas was 3/4 druid? did he cast heal spells or summon bears? No. He mowed motherfuckers down with a bow and twin shortblades.

Ranger.

But the dude couldn't track shit! And he had voluptuous blonde locks, hardly fitting for a rugged ranger.

myriverse
05-19-2014, 07:15 AM

Apart from a bit of tracking and survival skills, Aragorn uses no Ranger abilities, and he never fights like a Ranger (almost everything is done 2-handed). I could even see Paladin over a Ranger.

One thing that is very important to realize is that Middle Earth is a very low-level, low-magic setting compared to EQ.

evan1612
05-19-2014, 07:20 AM
Gandalf pulled aggro on the Balrog with his useless proccing wizard meele weapon, jumped off the ledge and trained him to the bottom of the dungeon. GMs got petitions from the trolls and he got suspended for 2 weeks because lets face it, fraps was running and we all saw the evidence.

When he finally got back in game he wore white robes, symbolizing his commitment to thenceforth play with a clean whistle.

IDK which movie you were watching and who told you it was LOTR, but gandalf killed that balrog lol. Sure he had to kite him around the zone a bit, but that sombitch died without gandalf having to zone.