PDA

View Full Version : Regarding IP exemptions

Xer0
05-17-2014, 11:45 PM
I received an IP exemption about a year or so ago in order to play at my friends house. Another friend of mine is considering playing on the server and I'm just wondering will he be required to get an exemption already or will the exemption on my account be enough to allow us to play?

quido
05-17-2014, 11:45 PM
You should be good.

Xer0
05-18-2014, 01:20 AM
I'd just like to point out that it in fact does not work the way I had hoped-- despite the ip exemption on my account I've been unable to log in when my friend w/o an exemption started playing. Not a huge deal, I was just under the impression this was how it works and it seems I'm not the only one--hopefully this helps someone else.

Argh
05-18-2014, 02:06 AM
An ip exemption was applied to either your account, or your friends account when you petitioned for it originally. If it was applied to your account, you'll be fine. If it was applied to the other account, then you'll need to petition again.

jaybone
05-18-2014, 03:47 AM
Jeremy answers first on an ip exemption thread. Hmm.

Swish
05-18-2014, 07:08 AM
If all 3 of you are playing at the same location you'll need 2 IP exemptions it sounds like for the 2 visitors :p

Aussie
05-18-2014, 06:18 PM
An ip exemption was applied to either your account, or your friends account when you petitioned for it originally. If it was applied to your account, you'll be fine. If it was applied to the other account, then you'll need to petition again.

Argh has it spot on. The exemption may have been applied to your friends account originally.

You have been through it once, so head over to the petition forum and post up again :cool:

Eunomia
05-19-2014, 09:54 AM
We grant IP exemptions based on account. If the accounts playing together change, you need to petition again with the updated information - even if by chance you have an exemption that works with an account not previously documented in your initial request.