PDA

View Full Version : How would you react? Need an honest response

IzHaN80
05-19-2014, 04:35 PM
I've been exping on the same spot for more than 24 hours i'd say. HHK goblin camps. There is this individual that has been a couple times in my groups. At first, he was looting every damn thing that did drop from corpses. I even had some members of my group send me tells asking me how i felt about having him loot EVERYTHING. As an ouptspoken person i am i confronted hir and asked not to loot all. Today he was in our group. I looted a couple FS and he confronted me about looting those FS, to which i replied, that yesterday he was looting much more and no one did complain until i did open my mouth. Well, in the end, group trains, i get killed. A few has to go, we're 3 in group. One of them says we're gonna disband to reform the group. Once i come back, i find myself out of the group, and this person not inviting me back cause he has now a personal vendetta against me making his own group with others. How i should react? Can this be petitioned? I feel so humillated and mad at the moment.

fadetree
05-19-2014, 04:43 PM
Petition? C'mon man. Sometimes you get screwed, suck it up. Put him on your 'do not assist' list and move on. People petitioning every little thing nowadays.

inb4 stupid come to red post

Juevento
05-19-2014, 04:43 PM
Go roll red, you can kill that person then.

Edit: how did you know?!?!

captnamazing
05-19-2014, 04:46 PM
I've been exping on the same spot for more than 24 hours i'd say. HHK goblin camps. There is this individual that has been a couple times in my groups. At first, he was looting every damn thing that did drop from corpses. I even had some members of my group send me tells asking me how i felt about having him loot EVERYTHING. As an ouptspoken person i am i confronted her and asked not to loot all. Today she was in our group. I looted a couple FS and he confronted me about looting those FS, to which i replied, that yesterday he was looting much more and no one did complain until i did open my mouth. Well, in the end, group trains, i get killed. A few has to go, we're 3 in group. One of them says we're gonna disband to reform the group. Once i come back, i find myself out of the group, and this person not inviting me back cause he has now a personal vendetta against me making his own group with others. How i should react? Can this be petitioned? I feel so humillated and mad at the moment.

confusion of him/her

clearly schizophrenic

Raavak
05-19-2014, 04:58 PM
They aren't really breaking the rules not letting you in their group, as heartless as it is. I would find a new place to exp and to hell with your newfound enemy. Let them hope they never need you in the future.

Swish
05-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Not enough goblin spawns in Highkeep at this point in the timeline, too many twinks...Osargen always present, y'all end up sitting around in there.

Depending on your class, go and solo, or hit Kunark (Sarnak fort in LOIO usually plentiful, WW giants usually have a few people, join them).

IzHaN80
05-19-2014, 05:15 PM
I am level 27 Enchanter. To be honest, i am not even sure where i could go now. I hate Mistmoore. Unrest is overcamped. High Keep is a cool place with high ZEM exp, bank, etc. Plus the ears for some boost xp :(

Sorock
05-19-2014, 05:22 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146423&highlight=charm

24-31
Warsliks Wood Giant Fort

25-27
I've found a sweet spot in WW, up the river from the giant fort (the branch of the river heading toward OT zone) there is a ruin with 2 groups of 3 iksar manslayers and pariah. These are really easy to kill, plenty of room to run around, no adds (none of these nasty goblins that seem to pester the rest of the zone).
Note that the tunnel going to LOIO in WW are also very doable - also plenty of iksar renegates, but just not quite as handy as the spot above.
LOIO is also very doable at this level around the windmill, or camping on the ledge taking a sharp left coming out of FV. Pulls are a little more dicey, and the undead make it a bit more painful.

25-28
Saw a bunch of Iksar Exile in the tunnel from Swamp to TT - seems like it would have been a good spot, but haven't tried it.

25-40
Mistmoore solo, just progress deeper into the zone.

27-30
In LOIO, I camped at the base of the Sarnak tower situated next to the Fort back door. It's a fairly safe area, and there are plenty of pulls between you and the lake (but a lot of undeads).
at 29-30, the Fort back door entrance is also very doable, but careful with the mobs coming out of the fort, and the Sarnak Dragoons will make you sweat.

30-35
South Karana Spire Gnolls

33-37
Split Paw

34-41
Unrest Hag Tower.

34-41
Pirates and Drolvargs in FV - grab a necro or druid partner and fear kite with a pirate cartographer pet.

38-42 :
The Overthere - somewhere on a ledge (++ for War braids).

42-46 (Beguile's fine to use for all these spots - no mob higher than 37)
DL yeti caves
Bouncers in Oggok (also drops that nice 15CHA offhand) + good money with 2 fine steel weapons on most guards
RM Hill Giants - Good money, but overcamped.

42-52
DL around KC (bit more dangerous - some higher level mobs for which Beguile's too low)

44-48
CoM entrance, when not camped.

44-55 HHK Nobles/Bards.

46-52 Kedge Keep

49-55(?) Burning Woods. Near SF zone.

49-55(?) The Hole Entrance

49-52 - Spectral Keepers in TT

<Edited on 5/2>
Ran into an interesting page i didn't know of :

http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide

Champion_Standing
05-19-2014, 05:33 PM
First off, you screwed up when you told him to stop looting. The nice way to deal with that kind of situation is instituting a rotation or something for the whole group. Nobody can bitch and claim that it isn't fair, and you don't have to "call out" anyone on loot whoring, just for not waiting for their turn.

If the group is slow to loot someone is going to start grabbing everything, usually under the assumption that if other people cared they would say something. This guy was probably doing the same thing although his reaction isn't exactly mature, yours could have been better too.

You seem to have thoroughly rustled each other jimmies.

Remember,

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/YffG53jtkCw/0.jpg

Ele
05-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Add him or her to your do not group with list and always set the loot rules in concrete before your group does anything. Let new people know the rules when they join before something good drops. If you are in HHK, one honest person should be master looting the FS, selling to the vendor then splitting the plat.

or as Red says, "kill'em."

loramin
05-19-2014, 06:06 PM
I am level 27 Enchanter. To be honest, i am not even sure where i could go now. I hate Mistmoore. Unrest is overcamped. High Keep is a cool place with high ZEM exp, bank, etc. Plus the ears for some boost xp :(

http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide

My vote: South Karana. The gnolls around the spire should be good for you at that level (and if not, there's lots of other stuff like Aviaks and Centaurs you can kill there until you are high enough for gnolls). Plus, the gnolls drop Tesch Val scrolls, which also give nice bonus XP.

Bboboo
05-19-2014, 06:21 PM
Edit: how did you know?!?!

"Come to Red" and "Not Classic" Make up over half the replies to this forum.

To OP, do you're self a favor and don't get too hung up on these types of players.

Tecmos Deception
05-19-2014, 06:48 PM
Add him or her to your do not group with list and always set the loot rules in concrete before your group does anything. Let new people know the rules when they join before something good drops. If you are in HHK, one honest person should be master looting the FS, selling to the vendor then splitting the plat.

Also, name and shame.

lecompte
05-19-2014, 06:50 PM

Also, name and shame.

Solid advice.

GnashingOfTeeth
05-19-2014, 07:26 PM
I've been exping on the same spot for more than 24 hours i'd say. HHK goblin camps. There is this individual that has been a couple times in my groups. At first, he was looting every damn thing that did drop from corpses. I even had some members of my group send me tells asking me how i felt about having him loot EVERYTHING. As an ouptspoken person i am i confronted hir and asked not to loot all. Today he was in our group. I looted a couple FS and he confronted me about looting those FS, to which i replied, that yesterday he was looting much more and no one did complain until i did open my mouth. Well, in the end, group trains, i get killed. A few has to go, we're 3 in group. One of them says we're gonna disband to reform the group. Once i come back, i find myself out of the group, and this person not inviting me back cause he has now a personal vendetta against me making his own group with others. How i should react? Can this be petitioned? I feel so humillated and mad at the moment.

Simple. Name the fucker, set up groups. Rock the shack.

Tecmos Deception
05-19-2014, 07:29 PM
I'm really looking forward to hearing who this is. I have a hunch.

Splorf22
05-19-2014, 07:35 PM
on the same spot for more than 24 hours

Get some sleep!

Also for better or worse everyone here is a pixel whore to some extent, and it will only get worse as you level up. Any ass can go through life without making enemies; do what you feel is right and live with the consequences.

Cecily
05-19-2014, 08:51 PM
You're both one of the most desirable classes to have in party and someone who's gonna be in the same level range as this person leveling up. If they really wanna burn bridges... Let them.

I had an enchanter who was terrified to group with my ranger after he stole my camp a week earlier. Ended up me having a great group and him being left to solo. These things do come back to bite you sometimes. Nothing wrong with having a few mortal enemies.

Haynar
05-19-2014, 10:14 PM
First off, you screwed up when you told him to stop looting. The nice way to deal with that kind of situation is instituting a rotation or something for the whole group. Nobody can bitch and claim that it isn't fair, and you don't have to "call out" anyone on loot whoring, just for not waiting for their turn.

If the group is slow to loot someone is going to start grabbing everything, usually under the assumption that if other people cared they would say something. This guy was probably doing the same thing although his reaction isn't exactly mature, yours could have been better too.
Very wise insight.

Learn something good from the experience.

H