PDA

View Full Version : South Ro Ancient Cyclops

diabolica1
05-19-2014, 05:23 PM
I am going to start camping the South Ro Ancient Cyclops and was wondering if anyone has any advice such as what mobs should I be killing, does the Ancient Cyclops now only spawn at night, or does it still spawn during the day, and what part of the desert area should I camp. Thanks in advance!

Man0warr
05-19-2014, 06:04 PM
All of them in the desert area at night.

Meiva
05-20-2014, 07:33 AM
The wiki seems to contain correct info, but is simply missing a detail. That detail is to kill the specified mobs in the MORNING, as the phers listed have a ~30min repop and AC will only spawn during nigh time hours. I spent a couple of days messing around and trying it out casually. I had spawned him both days, though may certainly be a coincidence. Also, the second spawn I was not first to engage which makes this spawn a bit heartbreaking lol.

Prathun, an EQ dev, has divulged the secret of the SRo AC spawn since on live it had since been revamped. It is a bit of EQLive forum gold, but I can't find the original thread. Here is a thread with the exact quote from Prathun -> https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/the-ancient-cyclops.154833/

I would only hope that the P99 devs followed Prathun's leaked info, as that would be true to the classic timeline. I believe they may have done so given my luck spawning SRo AC. I also hope more players take a few minutes to understand how this spawn works, as we may see more of the SRo AC and this is great for us all as it is a FFA spawn. The cost of a JBoots MQ is too damn high! Then again... the economy is understandably inflated.

*edit* I had noticed the Wiki states that the Prathun leaked info is not true on P99. That should maybe be grayed out as I believe that was submited to the Wiki before the P99 SRo AC changes patched earlier this year. The SRo AC spawn certainly did not follow the leaked live info before the P99 patch this year. I would hope that the patch had, again, followed the leaked info.