PDA

View Full Version : When to use Alacrity vs Augmentation

IzHaN80
05-20-2014, 07:34 PM
Thread

Daero
05-20-2014, 07:37 PM
I use Augmentation if I am buffing lowbies or non-group members. If I am in a group they always get the best haste I have.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-20-2014, 09:30 PM
I use Augmentation if I am buffing lowbies or non-group members. If I am in a group they always get the best haste I have.

This. I played a rogue on live and although I was appreciative of the supreme haste when I got it I was always disappointed when it faded.

Now that I'm post 50 I often give out SLTW to newbs and Aanyas to group members.

Argh
05-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Consult this chart (http://wiki.project1999.com/Haste_Guide).

Use the cheaper haste if it will still haste cap them.

Tecmos Deception
05-20-2014, 09:35 PM
I would use augmentation when hastes faded and mana was low, otherwise Id' use real haste.

freez
05-20-2014, 09:48 PM
do they have item haste?

this isnt rocket science

SamwiseRed
05-20-2014, 09:49 PM
i like peanuts.

Clark
05-20-2014, 10:49 PM
Augmentation

Erydan Ouragan
05-20-2014, 11:54 PM
Consult this chart (http://wiki.project1999.com/Haste_Guide).

Use the cheaper haste if it will still haste cap them.

So according to this link, bard haste and enchanter/shaman haste don't stack.

Which is weird for me, because i regularly group with a warrior and a monk, who both dual wield. When they have enchanter/shaman haste they start attacking and when my song kicks in, i swear it seems they attack faster, what gives?

jaybone
05-21-2014, 01:42 AM
When to post in correct section of forums.

/thread

Tecmos Deception
05-21-2014, 08:28 AM
So according to this link, bard haste and enchanter/shaman haste don't stack.

Which is weird for me, because i regularly group with a warrior and a monk, who both dual wield. When they have enchanter/shaman haste they start attacking and when my song kicks in, i swear it seems they attack faster, what gives?

Well, shaman haste sucks. A level 55 shaman is still using a 40% haste spell, while a bard at that level has a 45% haste. Although it seems more likely that you're just perceiving something that isn't actually there.

Spell haste includes everything from item clickies (monk epic, ranger sky cloak) to "spells" like augmentation and alacrity to "songs" that bards sing. The only other kind of haste in the game is item haste, which is from worn items like an FBSS. 1 spell haste and 1 worn item will stack (up to the haste cap for your level), but that's it.

In velious, bards get "v2 haste" which will stack with spell AND item haste, but it is only 10% more and most level 60s will be at or very near the haste cap with enchanter buffs and item haste anyway.