PDA

View Full Version : Meefus the liar

HawkMasterson1999
05-21-2014, 03:33 AM
While grouping in sebilis crypt tonight, our group eventually added meefus, ogre warrior from indignation, who proceeded to rep the group with all guild members except for me. I have no problem with that but not long after they claimed that everyone is logging and the group is breaking up. I found the whole thing fishy so I watched while they camped out and then I camped myself out in the crypt safe spot. I logged back in after 5 min and sure enough, meefus is back with his guildy doing the crypt.

Sure, Its not the worst thing anyone's ever done in this game but its dishonest and shows what kind of character this guy has. Just thought people ought to know this when considering adding him to your group.

wendt2000
05-21-2014, 04:49 AM
I can confirm that "the liar" is indeed NOT his official in game title.

Frug
05-21-2014, 07:10 AM
While grouping in sebilis crypt tonight, our group eventually added meefus, ogre warrior from indignation, who proceeded to rep the group with all guild members except for me. I have no problem with that but not long after they claimed that everyone is logging and the group is breaking up. I found the whole thing fishy so I watched while they camped out and then I camped myself out in the crypt safe spot. I logged back in after 5 min and sure enough, meefus is back with his guildy doing the crypt.

Sure, Its not the worst thing anyone's ever done in this game but its dishonest and shows what kind of character this guy has. Just thought people ought to know this when considering adding him to your group.

Shit's as classic as log scrapers.

Remember, the common thread in all your failures is you.

Messianic
05-21-2014, 07:28 AM
I totally thought of DnD titles when I read the title of this thread.

Pretty lame thing to do.

flahling
05-21-2014, 08:10 AM
Lemme get this straight... you invited him.... gave him leader... and now you are mad he repped the group for guildmates? Just a thought maybe Im a tad biased because he's in my guild but come on Im sure you could have found yourself some guildies to rep your tank or whatever meef filled out. Just my 2cp

evan1612
05-21-2014, 08:24 AM
sounds like a shitty person, but it's not hard to add him to your shit list instead of posting a thread about it.

BurgyK
05-21-2014, 08:28 AM
Let them camp out
Find reps
People will come it's crypt

Tecmos Deception
05-21-2014, 08:38 AM

If true, I'm sure that Elzhi will not put up with this from his guildies. Talk to an Indignation officer.

Lemme get this straight... you invited him.... gave him leader... and now you are mad he repped the group for guildmates? Just a thought maybe Im a tad biased because he's in my guild but come on Im sure you could have found yourself some guildies to rep your tank or whatever meef filled out. Just my 2cp

Learn to read.

Gaunja
05-21-2014, 08:44 AM
I have a question about similar situation. I mostly only group with guild, but sometimes pugs beg me to join. I dont mind, but I let them know that it is only temporary until a guildie shows up. Is it worse to invite them conditionally or not invite them at all? Discuss

Tecmos Deception
05-21-2014, 08:54 AM
Your situation is fine. Most everyone understands that someone will prefer to have their guildies in a group, and if you tell them about it up front they have the option to not join if they don't like it.

If what OP says is true, the Indignation group's actions were closer to ninja looting or camp stealing than they were to what you did, since they allegedly lied about camping out to get the OP to leave, and then just logged back in to continue in crypt by themselves.

Teako
05-21-2014, 09:13 AM
I have a question about similar situation. I mostly only group with guild, but sometimes pugs beg me to join. I dont mind, but I let them know that it is only temporary until a guildie shows up. Is it worse to invite them conditionally or not invite them at all? Discuss

One thing to remember is that playing with guildmates, and friends as much as they desire is absolutely 10000% okay and fine.. But a "pug" is still a real person, haphazardly tossing them because your buddy shows up is only a poor reflection on you.

I guess if they're desperate for a party, and agree that they'll leave when you tell them to.. Okay.. It's their decision, but I would still view that as a poor reflection on you, and personally pass on the opportunity. (:

Helping, and playing with someone you don't know is one of the only ways to make them someone you do know. Food for thought!

meefus
05-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Ha ok. Well I guess there are two sides to every story. Allow me to share mine. You and also ask my "guildy" side too.

I waited at NG for a spot to open in Crypt for about an hour. A spot opened and I ran down. The group when I got there was all different people. After the first rotation or 2 the current rogue ended up having to go. I called my friend who is a rogue and he gave me a 30 min eta. We kept fighting. Around the same time out enchanter also left. So we were down to 5. 15 mins after that, our monk and shaman said they were going to leave. I called my "guildy" who was a shaman and he headed over. Our current rogue bailed. We pulled and drug both my friends to the camp (monk and shaman). Once they got there we were a group of 6, containing 2 of my guildies and myself. I asked everyone at this point how much time they had and Alecs said "1 to 1.5 hour". We did another rotation and the shaman who wasn't my friend and monk bailed. At that point we were 4. We did another rotation and couldn't pull to emp in a times matter so we went back to just crypt. While we in just crypt we did another 2 rotations as a group of 4 and our rogue freshly home from work was tired and hammered out. At this point we were down to 3. We finished the rotation then were sitting in safe point waiting on spawn cause we had it on a timer. I said afk, and told my guildy via vent I was going to sell something in ec tunnel while we wait. Logged to my mule tunneldweller and sold my seb croaking dirk for 13.5k and a hooded black cloak to a guy that name that Starts with a W... Can't remember. I logged back with 2 mins on the timer. When I got back alecs was gone and my shaman bud and I stayed for a rotation. Mid rotation Alecs Logs back in and /OOC "figures, blah blah meefus is a liar something" DOES NOT EVEN SEND US A TELL AND GATES. I wake up to this post....

There is the story, take it for what it's worth. Eventhough I am Meefus the Liar.

PS Hiero Cloak and Obulus Death Shroud for sale, PST.

Nikon
05-21-2014, 03:21 PM
lol BEG

Who the fuck are you? Anonymous scrub 1502?

He's newer to the server, but Guanja makes good groups and sometimes people are desperate for that exp. Begging confirmed.

HawkMasterson1999
05-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Ha ok. Well I guess there are two sides to every story. Allow me to share mine. You and also ask my "guildy" side too.

I waited at NG for a spot to open in Crypt for about an hour. A spot opened and I ran down. The group when I got there was all different people. After the first rotation or 2 the current rogue ended up having to go. I called my friend who is a rogue and he gave me a 30 min eta. We kept fighting. Around the same time out enchanter also left. So we were down to 5. 15 mins after that, our monk and shaman said they were going to leave. I called my "guildy" who was a shaman and he headed over. Our current rogue bailed. We pulled and drug both my friends to the camp (monk and shaman). Once they got there we were a group of 6, containing 2 of my guildies and myself. I asked everyone at this point how much time they had and Alecs said "1 to 1.5 hour". We did another rotation and the shaman who wasn't my friend and monk bailed. At that point we were 4. We did another rotation and couldn't pull to emp in a times matter so we went back to just crypt. While we in just crypt we did another 2 rotations as a group of 4 and our rogue freshly home from work was tired and hammered out. At this point we were down to 3. We finished the rotation then were sitting in safe point waiting on spawn cause we had it on a timer. I said afk, and told my guildy via vent I was going to sell something in ec tunnel while we wait. Logged to my mule tunneldweller and sold my seb croaking dirk for 13.5k and a hooded black cloak to a guy that name that Starts with a W... Can't remember. I logged back with 2 mins on the timer. When I got back alecs was gone and my shaman bud and I stayed for a rotation. Mid rotation Alecs Logs back in and /OOC "figures, blah blah meefus is a liar something" DOES NOT EVEN SEND US A TELL AND GATES. I wake up to this post....

There is the story, take it for what it's worth. Eventhough I am Meefus the Liar.

PS Hiero Cloak and Obulus Death Shroud for sale, PST.

I'm so done even caring about this.. but you threw in some more "inaccurate" statements in there so I should probably respond.

I never said I had 1 to 1.5 hours. I said I had a few hours at least. The fact is, I just had coffee and was ready to play all night, which I ended up doing on another toon.

What I said when I logged back to crypt was "/ooc Imagine that" I then camped (not gated) I wasn't about to ask my way back into a group with a guy who just swindled the camp away.

Meefus was making an effort to shrink the group. He asked me in tells if I was cool with keeping the group a 4 man even though we could have added people. I had a chanter buddy who could have rep'd the one we lost. That was one of the clues that tipped me off to his intentions.

One important detail he left out is how vocal he was about ending the group instead of finding reps.We were not "waiting for respawns". Before the rogue even hammered out, Meefus said we were calling the group. He made repeated statements to the effect of "it would be too hard to get reps so were done" "were pretty much done" "you can gate now" kind of talk. He seemed determined to convince me there was no hope for reviving the group. That's partly why it struck me as odd. It was also odd because the three of us could have continued on without the rogue easily. Honestly, I could have duo'd it with the shaman. So could he for that matter which he must have also figured. The two of them camped out nearly simultaneously

Once again, you're full of shit bro. It doesn't add up that you were so ready to quit but then came back 5 min later to duo the camp. Now you're here trying to portray as if you were waiting on the next round and I just left. We both know that's BS. I know that at that point, the group didn't need me to continue but that's just the way it happens sometimes. Our group didn't need you when you joined either but you were begging for an hour so we decided to add you anyway out of the kindness of our hearts. Lying about calling the group to get me to leave is a dick move.

Imslap
05-21-2014, 05:38 PM
How bout you play with logs on so when shit like this happens its not he said she said bullshit. Log in /log

HawkMasterson1999
05-21-2014, 05:43 PM
^sometimes I do /log but I don't have it on by default. What reason would I have to make this up though?

meefus
05-21-2014, 05:44 PM
The reason I wanted to keep the group small is because if we weren't doing emp, we didn't need 6 people... When I was talking about waiting around I was saying that we don't need more people just to wait around for things to pop. I also never said you can pretty much gate. There was also no way to revive the group either cause it was 2am, 4 people in zone, and we had no rogue... You got it twisted "bro". If you wanted back in the group and asked, we would have let you for sure. Ask anyone that has grouped with me. I guess leave it to <Lord Bob> to twist a story.

Lisset
05-21-2014, 05:48 PM
One important detail he left out is how vocal he was about ending the group instead of finding reps.We were not "waiting for respawns". Before the rogue even hammered out, Meefus said we were calling the group. He made repeated statements to the effect of "it would be too hard to get reps so were done" "were pretty much done" "you can gate now" kind of talk.

Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Pint
05-21-2014, 05:53 PM
Sounds like a hostile take over of crypt camp, shady tactics confirmed

Wrench
05-21-2014, 05:59 PM
The reason I wanted to keep the group small is because if we weren't doing emp, we didn't need 6 people... When I was talking about waiting around I was saying that we don't need more people just to wait around for things to pop. I also never said you can pretty much gate. There was also no way to revive the group either cause it was 2am, 4 people in zone, and we had no rogue... You got it twisted "bro". If you wanted back in the group and asked, we would have let you for sure. Ask anyone that has grouped with me. I guess leave it to <Lord Bob> to twist a story.

hawk is lord bob?

the angle of this thread just changed

Rararboker
05-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Meefus is a good dude, sounds like someone is spinning a tale about him.

meefus
05-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Well the shaman camped cause I did lol. We were on vent like I said. I swapped to sell something because we had 10 minutes on respawn timer. If the person I sold the Seb Croaking Dirk to last night happens to read this please reply. I'll try and find the name when I get on tonight.

Pretty much over talking about this tho. You won't listen to anything I have to say.

jpetrick
05-21-2014, 06:05 PM
this is why I fucking said never group with anyone from lord bob

meefus
05-21-2014, 06:07 PM
Lesson learned

Tecmos Deception
05-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Y'all fuckers need to log and screenshot this shit for max drama. He-said she-said is lame without proof.

bktroost
05-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Whoa, I spit out my popcorn when Lord Bob was mentioned. Twist of the century. Sorry for thinking bad thoughts about you meefus. Ya know, I was totally going to log in and see if anyone was in crypt at that time to rez my sorry corpse in Emp antichamber. Sorry I didn't, would have avoided all this drama. Littlernemce, rogue corpse in emp room, looking for rez!

HawkMasterson1999
05-21-2014, 06:28 PM
I just joined Dolj on my cleric a few days ago. IDK what drama there may have been in the past but It really has nothing to do with the fact that meefus lied to scam me out of my chance for crypt loot.

Nice try blaming the victim. Nice try pointing to the guild tag. These are all distractions from what actually happened and hallmarks of a desperate argument.

If meefuses story were true, it would make zero sense for me to leave the group and then come post about it. I never met this guy before tonight and never really noticed indignation. I don't have reason to claim this other than to call him out because he actually did it. I don't even have a problem with the guild because that's not what this is about.

He's your guildy so you're going to defend him no matter what, I get it. Just think about it before you co-sign with a shady guy doing shady things. If you really think guild reputation is such a big deal you should be having a talk with this guy instead of defending him.

He made it explicitly clear that we were calling the group, logged out till i left and then came back for it. Pretty cut and dry.
Lesson learned

bktroost
05-21-2014, 06:32 PM
Hawk, this is forumquest. You gain levels by how many pages a thread has and you get quest bonus exp if you can accomplish this with rants and flames. You loose experience if your thread gets moved to the actual RnFs though, we flavor responses with some relevance.

On a serious note, the only reason you are getting ragged about this is because you decided to make it public. The only real way to cause any effect in this individual's life is to speak directly with an officer. If the guild is worth its salt they will consider your reply and share it among the officers.... however, now that it is on the forums they might not honor that. But anyway, that's the standard way of taking care of business.

PS: unless you are just trying to get a thread to 50 pages... in which case I'd say PM Chest for some advice. :P

jpetrick
05-21-2014, 06:34 PM
Your guild has the reputation of having members who are batshit crazy, drink Hyjal's cool-aid and are generally fucking terrible players. I could go on but you can just search lord bob and see all the bullshit they have caused. As far as I'm concerned, you made this shit up for attention.

Edit: Even if you talked to me or any of our other officers we would have laughed in your face when we saw your guild tag. That tag made this game a fucking headache for my guild.

Cecily
05-21-2014, 06:51 PM
I can confirm that "the liar" is indeed NOT his official in game title.

Should be and if he doesn't want it.. I'll take it.

HawkMasterson1999
05-21-2014, 07:10 PM
The only real way to cause any effect in this individual's life is to speak directly with an officer. If the guild is worth its salt they will consider your reply and share it among the officers....

I've done this before with other guilds. Its usually about as productive as arguing with defiant 6 year old

Even if you talked to me or any of our other officers we would have laughed in your face when we saw your guild tag. That tag made this game a fucking headache for my guild.

See...

As far as I'm concerned, you made this shit up for attention

Yeah, because in 4 years I've made around 250 posts. Obvious forum quester trolling for pras.

...Off topic but are there any raiding guilds on the server that DON'T have a bad reputation? I've heard it said about them all at this point. Seriously, name one.

bktroost
05-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Um... I don't see too many class R guilds with bad reputations. Class R guilds in general are called todlers or welfare babies but aside from that its not like we step on anyone's toes as a guild. Not that we are all perfect people... people just don't care about us.

rubinoff
05-21-2014, 08:22 PM
I just joined Dolj on my cleric a few days ago. IDK what drama there may have been in the past but It really has nothing to do with the fact that meefus lied to scam me out of my chance for crypt loot.

Nice try blaming the victim. Nice try pointing to the guild tag. These are all distractions from what actually happened and hallmarks of a desperate argument.

If meefuses story were true, it would make zero sense for me to leave the group and then come post about it. I never met this guy before tonight and never really noticed indignation. I don't have reason to claim this other than to call him out because he actually did it. I don't even have a problem with the guild because that's not what this is about.

He's your guildy so you're going to defend him no matter what, I get it. Just think about it before you co-sign with a shady guy doing shady things. If you really think guild reputation is such a big deal you should be having a talk with this guy instead of defending him.

He made it explicitly clear that we were calling the group, logged out till i left and then came back for it. Pretty cut and dry.

Confirmed HawkMasterson is Hyjal /thread

Lisset
05-21-2014, 08:44 PM
...Off topic but are there any raiding guilds on the server that DON'T have a bad reputation? I've heard it said about them all at this point. Seriously, name one.

Asgard.

stewe
05-22-2014, 02:15 PM
Your guild has the reputation of having members who are batshit crazy, drink Hyjal's cool-aid and are generally fucking terrible players. I could go on but you can just search lord bob and see all the bullshit they have caused. As far as I'm concerned, you made this shit up for attention.

Edit: Even if you talked to me or any of our other officers we would have laughed in your face when we saw your guild tag. That tag made this game a fucking headache for my guild.

Hope u arent the leader of your guild cause this post shows bad leadership no matter how much u dislike a guild. This is no better then democrats voting for democrats and republicans voting for republicans just cause of what side they are on no matter the facts, truly pathetic thinking, u fit right in with the rest of the sheep on this planet.

Lojik
05-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Meefus, you're a big jerk. I don't really play anymore, but after reading this I'm going to make it my personal mission to grief you in game and make your experience in game unbearable. And furthermore... I guess leave it to <Lord Bob> to twist a story.

Oh shit nevermind. You're cool

Imslap
05-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Um... I don't see too many class R guilds with bad reputations. Class R guilds in general are called todlers or welfare babies but aside from that its not like we step on anyone's toes as a guild. Not that we are all perfect people... people just don't care about us.

I care about you AG. I care about all the little guys in Class R. Except BDA. Fuck BDA.

Leopaz
05-22-2014, 03:20 PM
this is the wussiest thread I've ever seen.

Tecmos Deception
05-22-2014, 03:21 PM

You're telling me.

stonez138
05-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Is this Hawk the enchanter that was an officer in Full Circle at one point? If so you are the worst enchanter I've ever grouped with and they probably should've booted you from group earlier.

fadetree
05-22-2014, 04:45 PM

waaah, my vagiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiina hurts!

Clark
05-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Your situation is fine. Most everyone understands that someone will prefer to have their guildies in a group, and if you tell them about it up front they have the option to not join if they don't like it.

If what OP says is true, the Indignation group's actions were closer to ninja looting or camp stealing than they were to what you did, since they allegedly lied about camping out to get the OP to leave, and then just logged back in to continue in crypt by themselves.

talian21
07-27-2014, 03:10 PM

after a quick search, I"m gonna have to say Divinity, they seem to be a class act.
that has also been my in game experience

Clark
07-27-2014, 06:39 PM
Fucked up situation they are jerks.

gwideon
07-27-2014, 07:53 PM
/thread resurrected after 2 month?

jpetrick
07-27-2014, 08:01 PM
yeah fuck meefus. i tell him he sucks whenever hes on vent.

Clang
08-06-2014, 07:00 PM
MEEFUS

This is a drive by DT, by CLANG!

Uuruk
08-06-2014, 07:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LhfHlKc.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/LhfHlKc.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/LhfHlKc.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/LhfHlKc.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/LhfHlKc.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/LhfHlKc.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/LhfHlKc.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/LhfHlKc.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/LhfHlKc.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/LhfHlKc.gif

Messianic
08-07-2014, 12:41 AM
Settle this like men.

Dance off.