PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on how to add more strength and/or lose weight on my monk?

Arclyte
05-23-2014, 11:03 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Arakiel

Wondering how much more strength and weight I can squeeze out of my monk. Need more strength, now and forever.

My heaviest item besides Peacebringer is Helm of Rile and can be replaced with Exe hood, I'd shed 4 weight but I'd lose 5 strength

Any ideas?

Colgate
05-23-2014, 11:23 AM
get an IFS

Arclyte
05-23-2014, 07:55 PM
I bought an IFS and kept my PB in a bag to test them both out

I get the feeling I'm still under some kind of damage cap. With 155 strength I was hitting for:

My PB has a max hit for 57, and a max hit w/ strength bonus up to ~80
My IFS has a max hit of 62 (???), and w/ strength ~96
My AC mainhand has a max of 31, and w/strength ~52

IFS also likes to hit the middle of its damage range a lot, or maybe I just notice it more often

So far PB feels a lot better, even if it weighs a ton ;\

Lojik
05-24-2014, 12:36 AM
Damage cap over at level 30 I believe. Are you still 28?

fishingme
05-24-2014, 12:51 AM
AC + SoS, get rid of the peacebringer, or just SoS in offhand and fists as mainhand. Really though, you've done a fantastic job on your gear so far. I imagine you don't have a lot of plat so next step would be to farm crescent armor in crypt of dalnirs for more strength, along with starting your robe of the lost circle to replace your chest. But for weight I hate to say it, it's the peacebringer. I've leveled 4 monks on p99 so far and have never been able to keep a good weight, not that i found it mattered too much until 55+ where it was easier to manage, But a leveling weight i never was really able to go below 24 until my mid 50s. But if peacebringer gives you the damage you like, I really wouldn't let weight bother you.

Thulack
05-24-2014, 07:30 PM
Monk fists suck pre 50 and epic. I would never recommend that.

applesauce25r624
05-26-2014, 03:55 AM
You're gonna need a montage

A 1980's workout weight reduction montage

http://31.media.tumblr.com/183f63ca86bf9cd02baecc79bb56aaa7/tumblr_mfb4ox2ded1rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg

Swish
05-26-2014, 04:22 AM
Keep the weps you aren't using in your WR bags, that should keep you near 14wt.

Also you're using 3wt for +4 to str (shoulders/arms), there has to be a better way :p

TheFishyOne
05-27-2014, 01:57 AM
Lose the buynai shoulderpads. Your errolisi bracers are heavy too. Make some cured silk shoulders,or buy Wu's shoulders, and do your Iksar Shackle quests through till your Shackle of Bronze. The may not have stats (bronze has +5 sv magic), but the quest chain expands in Velious to include some nice bracers. I still wear my bronze and copper shackles, because good wrist items are hard to find as an Ikky MNK, and though they are not the best, they are good enough until endgame, and I personally found the questing to be fun.

Weight doesn't become a true issue until later levels, when you take significantly bigger AC hits for being overweight, and the mobs you'll be pulling will hit considerably harder. Also, more STR does NOTHING to abate this. If you are carrying so much weight that STR is now an issue, you're doing it wrong.

Kayso
06-02-2014, 01:27 AM
A lot of bad advice here, except from the Grandmaster.

I'm leveling a monk with my wife, a cleric, so I also look at STR as my major stat.

IFS > PB until late 40s in DPS. And when the PB does pass it, it's very close and it's time to work toward T-Staff or Epic and SoS instead.

First, I'll assume you know about STR soft caps and the fact the weight/AC issues on P99 seems to be less critical than on live. As such, I'll try to answer your questions as asked and look to increase STR and keep weight down. Avoiding any ridiculous expenditures, I'd suggest the following:

Ears: Farm Sarnak Earring of Station

Chest: Avoid the Living Fungus and Syythrak. Work toward RotLC. You'll need it anyway for epic. In the mean time, Crescent Gi from Dalnir is an upgrade, and I'll suggest you go there.

Neck: Would +5 AC and +5 FR be worth losing a point of Str? Runed Lava Pendant. Make a group and you can exp there.

Arms: Adamantite Armband, Lupine Rune get you more STR for less weight. Also, look at Crescent from Dalnir and Drake Hide -- no STR on either but they're light and have other nice stats.

Wrists: Hard Clay ($$$) and Granite are both 1.0

Legs: Crescent from Dalnir, Sarnak Hide ($$$). Maybe consider Gatorscale? HP is nice.

Hands: Work toward epic, obviously. Block Cutter have +1 Str over what you have and can be farmed near home or bought for ~400.

Feet: All the good STR boots are either heavy, expensive, or raid except Crescent from Dalnir.

Shoulders: Same as feet. Meditative blanket is lighter and slightly better. If you're willing to gain a bit, Obolus Death ($$$) or the Kerra Isle quest shoulders are considerations. Bloody mantle is also choice if you have friends you can muster for a kill.