thought it was my imagination the first few times but here it is
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee432/robn3030/EQ000572_zps2db49f3c.png
(no, neefin is not an ogre)

Colgate
05-26-2014, 01:44 AM
UI looks classic enough to me

Cid
05-26-2014, 07:03 AM
You are correct, Neefin is not an ogre. I do not have any ogres because I hate the forced ducking.

Slam might be messed up, but I happened to be looking right where you logged in so you had like 4 seconds to see me, target me, run up to me and attack. If it missed, it just missed. You only had time to get a single double-attack off on me from what I could see, so there wasn't time for more than one chance at slam, and it's not guaranteed.
It's very unlikely you could have killed me anyway, I was expecting someone to pop in.

As for bash, a couple of people I was grouped with earlier were testing it out and from what they said, bash had a high success rate on the other person of the same level. I am not sure if it was interrupting spells, but it was doing dmg.

I can't load the pic so I assume slam hit me for 1dmg but didn't interrupt gate. It might actually be a delay from my client on my shitty net. I had two Tstaff monks on Cid once, Wanyo and someone else in KC, and I managed to get gate off but when I landed Wanyo sent me a tell saying his Tstaff procced on me on his screen, but it never happened on mine. Nor did I have the stun when I landed.

Because my net is so slow it may leave something like a ghost image of me there for an instant when on my clientside the spell has successfully cast.

P.S. If you think it gives me some advantage, there is no advantage to having dialup except getting to say you are all spoiled bitches and I'm the only one on "Classic" internet. =P

Bamz4l
05-26-2014, 12:10 PM
1 - u can disable auto-duck, and that's the first thing u should do....
2 - ya bash/slam used to interrupt mid-cast, none of this "let me see if I can finsh the cast" type shit. No, it would literally end the spell and put you in a very brief stun lock. the whole "regains concentration and continued casting" part should never even occur because the casting should have ended upon bash/slam landing.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-26-2014, 02:09 PM
1 - u can disable auto-duck, and that's the first thing u should do....
2 - ya bash/slam used to interrupt mid-cast, none of this "let me see if I can finsh the cast" type shit. No, it would literally end the spell and put you in a very brief stun lock. the whole "regains concentration and continued casting" part should never even occur because the casting should have ended upon bash/slam landing.

no chewie dont
05-30-2014, 04:20 PM
Bash and or slam interupts cast on successful hit, even if it hits a rune
used to I mean

Alunova
05-30-2014, 08:33 PM
Should interrupt only if that person has access to the bash skill.

In classic, iirc, slam was limited to 1 damage and a very small chance to interrupt unless that person also had skill in bash, which would increase the damage and stun ability of slam equally.

Shamans for example would never bash for more than 1 damage, with a very high miss rate and very low stun chance, even at 60.

BlkCamel
05-30-2014, 09:09 PM
Should interrupt only if that person has access to the bash skill.

In classic, iirc, slam was limited to 1 damage and a very small chance to interrupt unless that person also had skill in bash, which would increase the damage and stun ability of slam equally.

Shamans for example would never bash for more than 1 damage, with a very high miss rate and very low stun chance, even at 60.

Shaman on live 99-06 and can attest that Bash is only 1 damage for non-native classes (or racial only bash). I agree that it had a high miss rate even at level 60, but from my memory a landing bash ALWAYS interrupted the cast, and in the way stated above by stopping the cast immediately. Most of the time the mob would immediately (after swing due to mob auto-attack) and usually try to recast the spell.

By having it work the way it does now, allowing caster to finish casting is allowing people more chances to attempt bash on monsters and reducing the potential # of casts a mob will make (whether successful or not). I don't know if that last bit made sense but what I am trying to say is, mobs are easier if allowed to continue casting even if that cast has a chance to re-gain concentration.

***Like to add that I believe mobs immune to stun were also immune to the interrupt effects of a bash, even if landed.

no chewie dont
05-30-2014, 11:57 PM
By having it work the way it does now, allowing caster to finish casting is allowing people more chances to attempt bash on monsters and reducing the potential # of casts a mob will make (whether successful or not). I don't know if that last bit made sense but what I am trying to say is, mobs are easier if allowed to continue casting even if that cast has a chance to re-gain concentration.

***Like to add that I believe mobs immune to stun were also immune to the interrupt effects of a bash, even if landed.

good point i wasn't even thinking of this part
so its not just me, bash stopped working right?

LostCause
05-31-2014, 09:29 AM
ive noticed on this server if the spell is about to go off like .5 secs or less and you bash you still get the spell off.

no chewie dont
06-02-2014, 05:48 PM
sometimes it works great idk
maybe its the late-in-cast thing, ill report back

no chewie dont
06-03-2014, 08:10 AM
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee432/robn3030/EQ000607_zps1d97e6bc.png
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee432/robn3030/EQ000608_zpsdeaba36c.png
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee432/robn3030/EQ000610_zps1c705440.png

in case anyone was wondering/concerned i did finally text him after that last screenshot!

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
06-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Not this "I remember" counts for much but "I remember" successful bashes on my troll warrior on live always interrupted spells.

no chewie dont
06-03-2014, 01:12 PM
http://www.notacult.com/guide_trollshaman.html

Slam:A version of the bash skill. Shaman don't increase skill in bash, so a lot of people disregard it. They shouldn't - since Shaman get no type of stun or knockback spell, this is the only way besides weapon melee that we are able to interrupt spells. If you land a slam, it interrupts your target�s spell 100% of the time in both PvE and PvP. Without slam, most of those pesky halfee druids would have gated away on me.

Nirgon
06-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Ya I agree and good in game shot / prof

Haynar
06-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Found the issue. My fault, I broke it. Should go live next big patch.

H

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
06-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Pras Haynar

no chewie dont
06-03-2014, 05:17 PM
ty H :)

Ezpk
06-08-2014, 12:00 PM

H

Is kick regarded in the same way?

Potus
06-08-2014, 05:04 PM

H

Hurrrrrrray

hivemind
06-12-2014, 06:33 PM

H

Wow nice job identifying the cause of the pesky problem. And nice job Chewie for finding and getting some good documentation of this bug. Curious, is this issue fixed now? Or waiting on patch still?

no chewie dont
06-24-2014, 10:01 AM
might have been omitted from patch notes by accident but might still be broken
can check after work unless anyone is online to confirm/deny right now?

Nirgon
06-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Way 2 stay on top of this one Chewbag.

Much respect. Not sarcastic.

BlkCamel
06-26-2014, 04:58 AM
Way 2 stay on top of this one Chewbag.

Much respect. Not sarcastic.

We agree. I haven't had time to log in since changes but will be testing this soon. Anyone else that is playing now that can tell us;

A. If successful bash is always interrupting cast.
B. If successful bash is stopping cast immediately.

I believe these are the current concerns with bash.:D

BlkCamel
06-26-2014, 05:13 AM
Is kick regarded in the same way?

To answer this no, kick is a regular hit and that is about it (can be magic if wearing magic boots). Consider it an extra swing every couple seconds at a damage independent of gear but instead based on skill and racial/class(monk) abilities.:D

** Although I believe some monk kicks have stun capabilities but I cannot remember and have no research. (transparency)

Bazia
06-29-2014, 05:34 AM
hes talking about the stun component being added to kick for warriors post level 55