PDA

View Full Version : When should I start my Rogue epic?

DinoTriz
05-28-2014, 12:03 PM
I just hit 41 last night and it reminded me:

At what level should I start on my Rogue epic and how should I prepare for it?

I've heard that you need to be at least 50 to speak to one of the NPCs?

Also, are there smaller quest items that I can collect at my level until then? Can I purchase them? I guess I should point out that my 41 Rogue is my main and I don't have a ton of money, but I could probably buy something if it were cheap.

I'm also trying to max my pick pocket skill because I heard you need that as well.

Anyway, any advice you could give about Rogue's epic would be awesome. Thanks!

fishingme
05-29-2014, 10:54 AM
If you can't buy the mq. Find a guild that you like.

DinoTriz
05-29-2014, 11:23 AM
I'm in a guild that I like. I don't understand your answer. Should I give up on it if I can't afford the MQ?

Cecily
05-29-2014, 11:37 AM
"I've heard that you need to be at least 50 to speak to one of the NPCs?"

This is true. It requires a +50 rogue to spawn Stanos. You can ask someone to do it for you though. The only thing holding you back is the book from PoH which requires 46+. Again, someone else can help by MQing this for you. Getting help with Renux and General is another issue.

You don't need max pickpocket to get the notes. It's just what gives you best odds. More fails = more crit fails = more dead you. If you're 150+ skill I'd go for it now.

The Neriak GM respawns at night around 7pm. He despawns and pops in a few minutes with a new loot table. He doesn't have coin, just words of psyche or your note. If after a few unsuccessful attempts you get nothing, stop and wait for respawn. Dark elf mask from Guk is a really good idea for this part. If Tani catches you, you're most likely dead so a bind in zone isn't a bad idea.

The Kaladim GM respawns in the morning at about 7am. Same deal as other GM, just a different time. This one has coins however and that makes it harder to tell if he's picked clean. You'll eventually clean out his coin, whether or not it's worthwhile to actually do that is up to you. It does make it more likely you'll get caught, but there's a very close zone line and if you're quick you shouldn't die, especially with SoW.

Renux can be easily dispatched by any lv 60 snare class. Do not let them tank. Most people say,"lawl 50 rogue" and get stunned and made short work of by my rogue NPC heroine. Very very mean. Very very easy if snared and aggro kited.

General is farmed by people for MQs and his rare Edge of the Nightwalker drop. Offer to let them open roll on Edge if they do your kill for you. Yay epic? :D

No epic :( The quill won't always drop, sooo here's what you put your hard earned money towards. Buy the robes, buy a Kedge robe MQ. Get your quill and yay epic!

Notes can take awhile. It's arguably the hardest part of the epic, and I would really suggest you get them sooner than later since you'll regret the deaths less at lower level. And please don't buy your epic, leveling up a rogue from nothing and earning a legit old-fashioned epic is way more rewarding.

DinoTriz
05-29-2014, 11:50 AM
Awesome, thanks Cecily! That really helps!