PDA

View Full Version : Gauging Interest - Item Links In Macros

Bardalicious
05-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Contemplating making a write-up on how to create item links inside of your macros for all of you professional EC Tunnel crawlers out there. I can't recall seeing any valid information posted on these forums to do so.

Would you use something like this?

Keep in mind that this is the same method used for making fake links, which would lead to colored pull/healing/whatever messages as well.

Daldaen
05-30-2014, 11:09 AM
The way it used to be done you had to:

/hot HotkeyName Itemlink

Then open your ini file and you could make links for any item in game if you knew thre item ID and exact spelling. Sadly that doesn't work here.

But the SUPER sad thing, is that we have these unclassic Item Links. I'd like to see item links disabled so we can prosper in classicness.

Bardalicious
05-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Actually, it does work. Which is why I'm asking if people would make use of a write-up on how to do it.

Nubben
05-30-2014, 11:12 AM
I have a hotkey on my monk for pulling "Incoming >> %T <<" Where the %T shows up as Itemlink text color. I used this guide here (http://articles.eqresource.com/fakelinks.php), which seems to work just fine in our current client.

Bardalicious
05-30-2014, 11:16 AM
The item link symbols seem to be appropriate from that guide, but the item ID string is not. They were changed multiple times throughout EQ, and the one I see in that guide is a few digits too long.

Nor does it explain how to obtain valid ID's, especially with ;tell itemlink being nerfed on these servers iirc.

Daldaen
05-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Valid IDs are available on Lucy unless the devs are changing them around here.

I'd have to double check the way I did it on Mac server, I had hotkeys that listed entire raid mobs loot tables, but I think... It was either 7 or 8 digits. With the first 2-4 being 0's. But I haven't really messed around with it on this server.

I mean... If you want to write the guide write it. Don't think you'll get enough replies either way here to sway your decision though to be honest.

PS - Devs, let's get classic up in here and remove that pink text from the client somehow with magic and stuff.

Halius
05-30-2014, 11:31 AM
Personally I'd prefer it we had to type out all of the stats on items and open up trade windows with people to show them our bags of wares. That was the best time for trading in EC imo.

Ele
05-30-2014, 11:34 AM
Personally I'd prefer it we had to type out all of the stats on items and open up trade windows with people to show them our bags of wares. That was the best time for trading in EC imo.

this guy knows what's up

Daldaen
05-30-2014, 11:42 AM
this guy knows what's up

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/533/710/7ac.jpg

Bardalicious
05-30-2014, 11:46 AM

I wholeheartedly agree, but as to my current understanding, item links are handled client-side only.

Which would require patching the eqgame.exe. Despite being able to push out binary patches to enable that sort of thing within the realm of legality, it would create another potential barrier to connecting to the server for the less tech savvy amongst us.

Halius
05-30-2014, 11:50 AM
I wholeheartedly agree, but as to my current understanding, item links are handled client-side only.

Which would require patching the eqgame.exe. Despite being able to push out binary patches to enable that sort of thing within the realm of legality, it would create another potential barrier to connecting to the server for the less tech savvy amongst us.

Yeah, and thus the downside of having to use titanium... *sigh*

Ele
05-30-2014, 11:53 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/533/710/7ac.jpg

I read that in the voice of Morgan Freeman.

miraculous
05-30-2014, 12:28 PM
I think it would be awesome if you had a write up for how to do this. I am constantly using the shift + up keys to cycle back up in my previous posts and re-submit. The problem is often times I type to many messages and lose that message so I can't repost.

Learning how to make a hotbar button or whatever would be awesome.

Nirgon
05-30-2014, 12:38 PM

I read it in the voice of Haynar

Portasaurus
05-30-2014, 12:40 PM
I think it would be awesome if you had a write up for how to do this. I am constantly using the shift + up keys to cycle back up in my previous posts and re-submit. The problem is often times I type to many messages and lose that message so I can't repost.

Agree. I have the same issue, and I've always wanted to know how to do this!

Iphice
05-30-2014, 01:20 PM

+1

gnatch
05-30-2014, 01:23 PM
okay i'll bite:

Get item id #s:
eqitems.13th-floor.org/
(don't open item DB file with notepad it'll shit a brick)

Attached is a file containing the correct characters for the file. I modified them to work for p99 just by deleting the end numbers from the example I downloaded elsewhere. Paste the line into your social and change the %T to the name of your item. The first 6 characters in the numbers are the hexadecimal representation of the item ID#.

so correct formatting for item links would look like.

0050E4 = 20708 decimal = Jar of Honey

(updownarrow)0050E40000000000000000000000000000000 00000000 Jar of Honey(updownarrow)
(the forum is jacking up the formatting on this, make sure it's formatted the same way as the file with the spaces and weird characters)

Questions?

Ahldagor
05-30-2014, 03:06 PM

https://warosu.org/data/tg/img/0256/84/1372391550804.png

"/ooc couple bags of items at t2. come on by and check."

webrunner5
05-30-2014, 04:14 PM
okay i'll bite:

(updownarrow)0050E40000000000000000000000000000000 00000000 Jar of Honey(updownarrow)

In the early stages of this game in /auction a lot of people who where selling had this come up in their auctions instead of the "normal" way it does now.

Not sure why only a few people had it happen to them or what Devs changed to sort of stop it form happening. Which by the way was a pain in the ass to spam a bunch of crap for sale. God, it was ugly.

contemptor
05-31-2014, 12:12 AM
Pretty much too late for that with allakhazam and the wiki. Some things just can't last forever...

Thulack
05-31-2014, 12:24 AM