PDA

View Full Version : DE Enchanter in Halas? Faction Question

Damaja
06-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Could my Dark Elf Enchanter, which is Agnostic gain enough faction to walk around and interact with all the NPC's in Halas? Just curious how the faction thingy works here. If it is possible, what would I need to do to achieve this? I am sure it will not be easy.

Xer0
06-09-2014, 05:04 PM
actually im pretty sure the moment you get a good races illusion you're fine to walk in, being that you're agnostic.

You'll basically just want to look up the different npcs that are in halas, what faction they are on (will vary by class though they should all have a common thread)

then you want to find out what is on the opposing faction and kill a ton of them.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
06-09-2014, 05:13 PM
You will be good with any good-race illusion really.

Damaja
06-09-2014, 05:18 PM
outstanding! I guess it's kinda corny, but even back when EQ was new many years ago, I always migrated over to that region as early as I could simply because I just love the snow lol plus I like this region, always seems so peaceful.

Xer0
06-09-2014, 05:31 PM
too confusing imho-- efp/nektulos way better :P

Damaja
06-09-2014, 05:41 PM
too confusing imho-- efp/nektulos way better :P

Might be better but I like the Halas region better just because of the layout, snow etc etc :)

Velerin
06-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Then you're gonna love Velious!

Damaja
06-09-2014, 06:06 PM

^^this

Xer0
06-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Might be better but I like the Halas region better just because of the layout, snow etc etc :)

The layout of halas is exactly what I cannot stand-- it's just to confusing with the long corridors and being that everything is the same shade of white it's easy to miss openings to new paths etc. it's really just a gigantic pain in the ass :p

Frug
06-09-2014, 07:33 PM
The layout of halas is exactly what I cannot stand-- it's just to confusing with the long corridors and being that everything is the same shade of white it's easy to miss openings to new paths etc. it's really just a gigantic pain in the ass :p

You need to practice the "seeing" skill... ;-)

Love Halas. Never got lost.

Damaja
06-09-2014, 08:21 PM
You need to practice the "seeing" skill... ;-)

Love Halas. Never got lost. <3

BurgyK
06-09-2014, 09:33 PM
halas sux nektulos rox!

Clark
06-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Focus on xp and levels, faction isn't important.

Ikonoclastia
06-10-2014, 02:50 AM
After I left EQ whenever it snowed / got windy I used to get the desire to play EQ again, took me back to those many months of camping Lodi / SF and prayer shawl grinds.

EQ was the master of environmental immersion.

Damaja
06-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Focus on xp and levels, faction isn't important.

I would prefer to experience the game, have fun and let the levels come as they may.

jarshale
06-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Stop having fun

Ikonoclastia
06-11-2014, 01:47 AM
Could my Dark Elf Enchanter, which is Agnostic gain enough faction to walk around and interact with all the NPC's in Halas? Just curious how the faction thingy works here. If it is possible, what would I need to do to achieve this? I am sure it will not be easy.
Faction is a bastard. I just spent my day off yesterday killing gnolls, I have 250 fangs so I think probably killed 500 or so gnolls lol.

Anyway I was doing the killing for faction with Surefall Glade and Holly Windstalker not for gnolls teeth so I go outside of Blackburrow, yep merchants are cool, guards are cool, that Konem monk guy is all sup dog and smiles.. and then whack... Holly is kicking my ass....

scowling.. wiki says gnoll gives (10) but I think not..

So I'm like fugg, there goes my easy pain free Pyzjn camping... go to turn in my fangs to salvage some of that work.. invis there just to be safe... uninvis... Whack double 184 from 61 Warrior Guildmaster... threatening...

Run back, drag corpse to hidey hole, loot, .... multiple double 184's from 61 GM's from halfway across arena lol

I've run around everywhere in Halas in Barb form (before I deleted to make my current necro) but after yesterday I'd still con everything although as an agnostic you should be totally cool :)

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Never assume an illusion is 100% a sure thing.

iruinedyourday
06-11-2014, 04:19 PM
outstanding! I guess it's kinda corny, but even back when EQ was new many years ago, I always migrated over to that region as early as I could simply because I just love the snow lol plus I like this region, always seems so peaceful.

I <3 people like you that hang out somewhere for the world, rather than the progression!

woo!