PDA

View Full Version : Kunark Evac/Ports

wimlin
06-09-2014, 10:16 PM
Were the Kunark Evac Port to skyfire more dangerous during the Kunark Era and then made less dangerous? I started playing in Velious on live, but I never once died when porting to Skyfire. I can think of only 1 time I was even attacked on port in, but I just ported to skyfire and there were 5-10 mobs right on top of the port and I was dead before my character even registered being in the zone. Was this typical on live or were the portals in Skyfire made more dangerous here?

Catashe
06-09-2014, 10:36 PM
Wizard or Druid? Cause druid is usually normally very safe. Wizard has and always will be known as a death trap

wimlin
06-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Wiz, and I remember occasional mobs pathing through the wiz where obviously you couldn't afk on porting, but I don't remember it ever being such a death trap were you port into a huge pack of mobs. I honestly don't remember mobs ever being as packed in skyfire anywhere as what I saw when I ported in to my death and I spent many levels farming Kunark spells/cleric epic pieces there on live.

Catashe
06-09-2014, 11:12 PM
idk maybe you were always lucky, cause there was always plenty of wizards who always thought the dev who put in the Wizard kunark evacs must have really hated wizards because of where they are compared to druids. Also was there a chance of the times you were there people there soloing? I remember alot of times back on live soloing mobs in Skyfire

Ciroco
06-10-2014, 03:25 AM
I agree that there seem to be more mobs at the wizard point in area than I remember on live. It was never "safe", though.

Pint
06-10-2014, 03:48 AM
Probably just the result of sf being a dead zone on this server, the evac was always dangerous.

Peon25
06-10-2014, 08:54 AM
Both Skyfire and Emerald Jungle as a Wizard are ridiculously crowded -- whereas Druids, who have Spirit of Wolf to outrun adds, were generally safe portals. Even the one in Dreadlands *could* be silly for Wizards, and the tranquility of the Druid portals is always desired. Is isn't until Velious that they become the same.

Daldaen
06-10-2014, 09:02 AM
No in Velious the devs pulled their heads out of their asses and let you cast the evacs from any zone. Forcing you to cast from a Kunark dungeon is beyond retarded. I may as well just run from DL like some mongoloid non-porting class.

If I could have one out of era, but still in timeline fix... It would be this change to allow porting from anywhere.

Erydan Ouragan
06-10-2014, 09:34 AM
No in Velious the devs pulled their heads out of their asses and let you cast the evacs from any zone. Forcing you to cast from a Kunark dungeon is beyond retarded. I may as well just run from DL like some mongoloid non-porting class.

If I could have one out of era, but still in timeline fix... It would be this change to allow porting from anywhere.

QFT

Messianic
06-10-2014, 11:42 AM
I agree that there seem to be more mobs at the wizard point in area than I remember on live. It was never "safe", though.

I dunno, I used that evac all the time on live - you just usually had to get an invis. I'd ask dudes to cast invis on me and i'd start the evac just before it landed. I think I only died there once on live. I used that evac once here and didn't die, but nowadays when I look at that spot I wonder how in the hell I didn't even aggro anything.

But finding documentation to that effect would probably be difficult.