PDA

View Full Version : Dial-A-Port lolz

iruinedyourday
06-13-2014, 10:29 PM
OMG so this group of mine is discussing where we want to go next, and we decided.

Then someone goes, 'I just called Dial-a-port.'

Im laughing so hard at how ingenious this guild idea is and you deserve all my plat.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn195/summersong/ShutUpAndTakeMyRupees.jpg

I feel like im going to ride in a sweet limo

Tasslehofp99
06-13-2014, 11:07 PM
Lol yeah I always thought it was a cool idea.

Was almost tempted to level a 2nd porter just to get them tagged in dial a port.

Dirtynads
06-13-2014, 11:37 PM
The player base has been very good to myself and all my <Dial-A-Port> members. The guild was founded by kodiaak also known as sloppay who hasn't had much time to play in the past 4-5 months and I took over maybe 2 months after the guild was born.

We are always in need of people with port toons as well people may join the guild even if they arent up to porting level yet. So thank you for your Plug everyone who helps spread the word can only make us stronger.

Remember P99 when looking for a port try "/who all dial" first!!

Supremacydru - <Dial-A-Port> Guild Leader

zanderklocke
06-13-2014, 11:53 PM
The player base has been very good to myself and all my <Dial-A-Port> members. The guild was founded by kodiaak also known as sloppay who hasn't had much time to play in the past 4-5 months and I took over maybe 2 months after the guild was born.

We are always in need of people with port toons as well people may join the guild even if they arent up to porting level yet. So thank you for your Plug everyone who helps spread the word can only make us stronger.

Kodiaak is a great guy. Him and I used to be in Flawless Victory together.

Lictor
06-14-2014, 02:46 AM
Somebody with the name supremacy and flawless victory guild... Has RMT written all over it.

Clark
06-14-2014, 03:42 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn195/summersong/ShutUpAndTakeMyRupees.jpg

:D

Kekephee
06-14-2014, 10:45 AM
Dial A Port confirmed one of the best innovations in EQ history. Sometimes I think about what it was like before they were around and I would sometimes have to actually sit in a zone with a druid circle mashing OOC and sending tells for an hour waiting for someone to be like "yeah, I'll port you." Now it's as simple as /who all DIAL, send a tell, oil up my chest and wait for one of these beautiful people to pick me up

Dirtynads
06-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Somebody with the name supremacy and flawless victory guild... Has RMT written all over it.

I actually wanted to post about this months ago but my toon "supremcydru" had intended on being a port toon for the guild "Supremacy" before things kinda fell apart the first time last summer and myself and a few close friends moved on.

I do appreciate the bump though and as well your witty comment so thank you.

Supremacydru- <Dial-A-Port> GL

Lightloch
06-14-2014, 12:05 PM
I love Dial-A-Port! All they need now is a catchy local TV commercial and jingle.

Kevris
06-14-2014, 12:52 PM
I love Dial-A-Port! All they need now is a catchy local TV commercial and jingle.

When your group, has gone astray
Call dial-a-port, we'll take you right away.

When you're looking for a better place to play,
Dial-a-port will be online all day!

Diaaal-a-Porrrrrrt!

-Mcporty

Dirtynads
06-14-2014, 03:44 PM
When your group, has gone astray
Call dial-a-port, we'll take you right away.

When you're looking for a better place to play,
Dial-a-port will be online all day!

Diaaal-a-Porrrrrrt!

-Mcporty

LMFAO saving that for sure mate
As well welcome back Mcporty to <Dial-A-Port> we are more then ecstatic to have him back with us.

Supremacydru - <Dial-A-Port> GL

Auvdar
06-15-2014, 12:17 AM
Dial-A-Port saves my druid from being harrassed all the time for a port! I can now run around without anon on because of them! Much /respect

Jenithia
06-15-2014, 04:43 AM
I love Dial-A-Port! Super cool people and very fast to respond. They don't fuck around and make you wait. What Auvdar said too, I can now roam Norrath on my druid without getting a tell every 5 mins.

webrunner5
06-15-2014, 11:05 AM
I love Dial-A-Port! Super cool people and very fast to respond. They don't fuck around and make you wait. What Auvdar said too, I can now roam Norrath on my druid without getting a tell every 5 mins.

I am, believe it or not, not a big fan of Dial-A-Port sorry to say. They have sort of made the game a bit too easy to get a port, and unless you get on their list, ergo guild, you are sort of screwed making money as a Druid porting. So they have kind of become PoK Stones in a way. So I hate the word classic, but they are making it NOT classic. I am sure we can all remember just having to walk, run, 6 zones to get back in the beginning. And risk dying at every turn. And I can remember just camping and waiting until the next day to get lucky to get a port from someone, and playing another character I had for a bit. So I am not big on the idea is what I am saying. :D

Kevris
06-15-2014, 12:36 PM
I am, believe it or not, not a big fan of Dial-A-Port sorry to say. They have sort of made the game a bit too easy to get a port, and unless you get on their list, ergo guild, you are sort of screwed making money as a Druid porting. So they have kind of become PoK Stones in a way. So I hate the word classic, but they are making it NOT classic. I am sure we can all remember just having to walk, run, 6 zones to get back in the beginning. And risk dying at every turn. And I can remember just camping and waiting until the next day to get lucky to get a port from someone, and playing another character I had for a bit. So I am not big on the idea is what I am saying. :D

I can definitely see how typing one less character (/who all dial vs /who all druid) isn't classic /eyeroll.

Also, having used my druid, Mcporty, as a money maker both in Dial-a-Port and solo, I can say with authority I see no difference in the volume of traffic.

If your character is named Illileuilliuendal it something along those lines, your results may vary.

iruinedyourday
06-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Merika!

But it is classic, in the sense that all it took was the same good idea 15 years ago to do this :)

Norrath is a free alert place and the dial a port guild corporation is a person!

Auvdar
06-15-2014, 02:25 PM

I remember on Rodcet Nife we had guilds like Dial a Port. Not to the extreme, but the whole point of the guild was a taxi service. (They also ran fun events) So yeah, it's classic.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
06-15-2014, 03:31 PM
If you want to run go ahead.

Laledorie
06-15-2014, 03:38 PM
If you want to run go ahead.

Bboboo
06-15-2014, 04:35 PM

With the high volume of druids on this sever the same could be said for running to a druid ring and waiting around for 5 minutes.

Nietche
06-15-2014, 05:31 PM

You sound like someone who would have been against the Industrial Revolution in favor of a time when people had "to work the land."

Dirtynads
06-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Miss you dorie
/wave

webrunner5
06-15-2014, 10:10 PM
This server is just full of a bunch of winney people that want to be power leveled, given shit for free in the tunnel, want to screw people in the tunnel out of their stuff, cheat like hell, make people lives miserable and want to have life in the easy mode. Port Me Port Me now I can't walk. I am too lazy or too stupid to figure out as a level 1 Iksar how to get to EC and live to make it.

I am beginning to think there is about 20 people on here that EVER did play "in classic" when this game started. You died sometimes 10 times a day in the start here because nobody knew shit how to play this game. And you had NO plat to give a porter so you took the boats which hardly ever worked or you god damn walked back. This game is NOT classic here now and NEVER ever will be. A bunch of sissy boys on here and I don't give a shit if you like what I said or not. End of my rant.

Kevris
06-15-2014, 10:43 PM
This server is just full of a bunch of winney people that want to be power leveled, given shit for free in the tunnel, want to screw people in the tunnel out of their stuff, cheat like hell, make people lives miserable and want to have life in the easy mode. Port Me Port Me now I can't walk. I am too lazy or too stupid to figure out as a level 1 Iksar how to get to EC and live to make it.

I am beginning to think there is about 20 people on here that EVER did play "in classic" when this game started. You died sometimes 10 times a day in the start here because nobody knew shit how to play this game. And you had NO plat to give a porter so you took the boats which hardly ever worked or you god damn walked back. This game is NOT classic here now and NEVER ever will be. A bunch of sissy boys on here and I don't give a shit if you like what I said or not. End of my rant.

Dude...lol

Bboboo
06-15-2014, 11:08 PM
This server is just full of a bunch of winney people... (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EXC2zB3gbBY/TezzrxntksI/AAAAAAAAAI4/_NTatXNzYds/s1600/206636171_0021c26a2e.jpg)

fastboy21
06-15-2014, 11:30 PM

tee hee...he said sissy boys... :p

Laledorie
06-16-2014, 01:29 AM
And you had NO plat to give a porter

I can't speak for all Druids but I would have happily ported you for free in live and I often port people for free here!

This game is NOT classic here now and NEVER ever will be.
http://i.imgur.com/apRp7TQ.gif

A bunch of sissy boys on here

We're not all sissy boys. Some of us are sissy girls! I stand by my earlier statement, if you don't like the server or the community then don't play. Simple enough!

And also, miss you too Dru! Will see you on soon I'm sure =)

joppykid
06-16-2014, 01:39 AM

And you've done a great job sir! Glad to see the guild is still going strong. I shall be back eventually. Keep at em!

Fame
06-16-2014, 01:52 AM
Great guild, helped me score some sweet jboots today, tip these guys good!

NextGenesis88
06-16-2014, 01:26 PM
So can we get these guys up on Angie's List?

joppykid
06-18-2014, 12:57 AM
So can we get these guys up on Angie's List?

lol

iruinedyourday
06-18-2014, 01:02 AM
Hey porters of Norrath, please join Dial A Port cus this guild needs to flourish and turn into some kind of monsanto of EQ.. wait not the last bit.

Tankdan
06-18-2014, 01:12 AM
Hey porters of Norrath, please join Dial A Port cus this guild needs to flourish and turn into some kind of monsanto of EQ.. wait not the last bit.

If it was worth joining they would.

Porting gives no exp and mediocre/low income. Any character with a level 50+ is better off exping, where you can make even more plat than waiting to port people.

joppykid
06-18-2014, 01:30 AM

Porting gives no exp and mediocre/low income. Any character with a level 50+ is better off exping, where you can make even more plat than waiting to port people.

I think he is talking more about the people always advertising their ports for tips etc. Can go anon while in the guild when you wanna group and exp. Most druids that are in porting levels typically quad anyway.

iruinedyourday
06-18-2014, 01:38 AM

RP doggie.

Also ive learned that this server is not about progression only, i thnk i really enjoy lvl 20-46 the most :) I could see someone wanting to play just to port, run around chat and enjoy this great game that Veeshan built for us :)

Bboboo
06-18-2014, 02:07 AM
Pretty much.