PDA

View Full Version : Computer crashing after selecting server

ajohnymous
06-14-2014, 02:19 AM
Hello I've recently attempted to get back into Project 1999 after about a year. Previously, I had an older laptop which had a few bugs to sort out before everything worked, now I have a much nicer laptop and cannot figure out how to get this whole thing running.

I've followed all the 'getting started' threads to a tee. After finally remembering my station password, selecting the server, hitting connect, I get a BSOD with the ominous error message "IRQL driver_not_less_or_equal." My drivers are all updated and I've tried every single common troubleshooting technique including reinstalling the game in between each proposed solution. I've tried uninstalling all my drivers, reinstalling the game, and trying it again with no luck; same issue. Tried all variations of using and not using Duxa's all in one. After I try all the common solutions, similar issues with solutions, and not so common issues I get the same BSOD with the same error message.

Right now I'm at a loss. I'm pretty computer-literate and almost always fix these kinds of issues, but I think I'm defeated and must appeal to those with more knowledge than me. I'll post my specs below and thank you in advance for your time with helping me try to fix this. Let me know what other information I can post.

Laptop; MSI GX60
CPU: AMD A-10-4600M
VGA: AMD Radeon HD 7970M / 2GB GDDR5
RAM: DDRIII 8GB
HDD: 750GB / 7200 RPM