PDA

View Full Version : Classic Focus Effect Item Info

Salient
07-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Hello,

First I want to thank the devs of P1999 and all those who contribute to make this work. I've recently started playing here and really appreciate all that it offers.

As a caster I am familiar with focus effect items on gear and their desirability. I've read the discussions about the fact that there are "classic focus effect items" and the debated implementation of pre Luclin foci updates. So you don't need to reiterate those well covered topics in this thread. I'm just curious if there is a sticky somewhere for those classic focus effect items that are on the P99 Blue server?

Actually, except for the pet focus items for Mage and Necro pets, I haven't seen any references to items with focus effects on the P99 wiki at all and because of this I had assumed that they must not have existed in classic. However, while searching the forms here on Project 1999 and especially in the EC Tunnel setction, I now find that there are some items with focus effects that are in game and others that have the effect but do not state it on the item. So I'm a little confused as to how I may discover which items are functional in the classic era.

If someone could sticky a short list of functional foci classic era items inside one of these threads or if it could be implemented into the P1999 wiki where most of us look for gear information it would be a huge asset to the caster community at large; especially to those of us not acquainted with classic era drops.

Thanks, Salient

Shodo
07-01-2014, 07:36 PM
As far as I know, effects like Flowing Thought and other worn casting-related effects didn't appear until Velious. If you are seeing items for sale in the EC Tunnel section and then looking them up on a site like Allakazam, you might encounter some conflicting information since many items had focus effects added to them in later expansions. The Savant's Cap from unrest, for example, gained the Reagent Conservation II effect (in Luclin I believe?).

The easiest thing you can do to make sure you're viewing the correct version of the item (as it exists on p99) is to only use the p99 wiki to look up items - most, if not all, of the entries found there should be accurate for the current era. You can also search for Velious era items if you want to see some gear with focus effects that will be added in the coming expansion.

Vyal
07-02-2014, 04:49 AM
at one point

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk301/tripleview/mageFocus.jpg

they did list the focus.
Since it's been removed I would assume all information about an item is on the wiki.