PDA

View Full Version : Low HP Aggro change?

Rattle Squirrell
07-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Has there been a significant change to the LOW Hp aggro way of kiting as a bard?

Kekephee
07-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Has there been a significant change to the LOW Hp aggro way of kiting as a bard?

Months ago. Low HP won't hold aggro well enough to override DPS aggro anymore.

Rattle Squirrell
07-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Being that you are maintaining a bard......is there any other tricks to get it done? Or is circle AoE still best bet ?

Kekephee
07-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Well, you can still partner kite as long as one of the partners is able to build enough aggro on the mobs that they will keep chasing him despite being DPS'd down. I've used AE snare pretty effectively. You could also circle and dot them down until you've built enough aggro that your partner can run through a few cycles of AE DPS without snagging aggro, zone out to drop hate, rinse and repeat.

Personally, after low hp aggro got reduced I found it was just not worth the effort anymore and grouped my way through the rest of the levels. Of course, there was a lot more competition for mobs in DL/BW at that point, so I wasn't getting pulls of, you know, 100 mobs, which probably would still be worth it though extremely difficult/dangerous. Kiting mobs in BW without low hp aggro is a crap shoot. You're gonna die many times. Hell, even when there was low hp aggro, it was still like a 1/3 chance you'd go down to some sarnak caster pat add or lag causing you to turn into the mobs or something.

Rattle Squirrell
07-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Ya I hear ya. I remember it being very challenging in BW an dhaving to zone half way thru anyways due to over Aggro.

indiscriminate_hater
07-02-2014, 05:21 PM
oh joyous burning woods kites. i remember my first time being so excited that a named wurm was in the kite (Nezekezena) or when i thought that using the poison AOE song was a good idea

Kekephee
07-02-2014, 06:46 PM
oh joyous burning woods kites. i remember my first time being so excited that a named wurm was in the kite (Nezekezena) or when i thought that using the poison AOE song was a good idea

The one with the stun component? Good god that's hilarious

btw they apparently took the stun component out last patch

I was actually just running over to BW and doing a little test run right now, I'll let you know how it goes

indiscriminate_hater
07-02-2014, 07:06 PM
the one that could actually do damage to gullerback. also i've noticed the stun component on denon's still hits occasionally after the patch

Kekephee
07-02-2014, 07:33 PM
the one that could actually do damage to gullerback. also i've noticed the stun component on denon's still hits occasionally after the patch

Didn't notice it causing any stuns just now, all the mobs seemed to be pretty consistent about packing together, chasing after me, etc.

AE kiting still blows though, god I hate this

iruinedyourday
07-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Didn't notice it causing any stuns just now, all the mobs seemed to be pretty consistent about packing together, chasing after me, etc.

AE kiting still blows though, god I hate this

AE kiting in BW made me stop barding.

I refuse.... that sound of the bugs... the... ugh im getting sick just thinking about it...

I will duo with a bard who is 54 though.

Rattle Squirrell
07-03-2014, 12:53 PM
I have a 54 bard......