PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: PvE Resists

R Flair
07-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Are way off.

I first noticed this recently on my wizard where I was getting fully resisted by blue con mobs (many as much as 5+ levels below me). This has been happening several spells a fight as of recent.

I then noticed it on my cleric using undead nukes which are supposed to have a -50 resist modifier. Same issue. I just fought an even con mob that resisted almost every nuke I casted on him. Blew half my mana bar before it was even at 90%. Theres no way my horribly geared characters on live would have struggled to kill an even con mob at level 40 with almost 200 wisdom that I have here.

What gives? This is so far from how it worked in classic Everqust having played casters for half a decade starting on day one 1999. My wizard would very seldom get fully resisted, and then it was by mobs yellow or red con and it was still less frequently than I'm being resisted by blue cons here. It seems that where there might be a partial, here its just full resists with partials being rare.

Don't know if its a recent bug introduced with work on the resist system or its always been this way, but it aint right my friends.

Potus
07-02-2014, 11:16 PM
They're super fucking broken (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155773), to the point that you shouldn't play a caster right now unless you're going to fight stuff that's barely blue.

I've had level 20s resist level 49 lifetaps, and last night I had Ignite Blood line resist on blues. It's laughable.

Nirgon
07-03-2014, 02:53 AM
Post logs and your level