PDA

View Full Version : Twin Ninja Looter

Snikliweed
07-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Avoid grouping with Twin Half-elf Rogue at all costs ninja loots items then leaves.

Just a heads up.

Pheer
07-06-2014, 11:31 PM
wtb more juicy details so this thread can set sail for RNF

Snikliweed
07-06-2014, 11:41 PM
Still awaiting GM response he just thought cause he looted the item first he "said" he was entitled to it. Even though 3 of us were rolling on the item he refused to roll just took the item and left the group :// ass hole

TrendyDru
07-06-2014, 11:42 PM
i only streamed to get my epic.

Erectus
07-06-2014, 11:50 PM
actually, it was a FFA group and then they only wanted to roll when twin FFA'd the cloak... every other drop from mobs and nameds was being treated FFA. also he didn't leave group, he was kicked from group while waiting for a GM to come settle the dispute

Snikliweed
07-06-2014, 11:53 PM
GM hadn't showed up yet and yeah we didn't roll on 50 plat value rings that dropped, obviously 4 melees were interested in rolling on that cloak and he wouldn't even participate in the rolling process because he was a smuck and no the group wasn't FFA we had rolled on previous items.

Ambrotos
07-06-2014, 11:55 PM
Sounds like a epic cloak.

Snikliweed
07-06-2014, 11:56 PM
I mean if he gets to keep it why would anyone ever roll on anything it would just be fastest clicker to the item.

OR

Make sure you don't invite d-bags to your group.

Erati
07-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Hooded Black Cloak?

dankzilla
07-07-2014, 12:03 AM
This is like a game of Clue. Twin, with the Sebilisian Berserker Cloak, in Sebilis

Tankdan
07-07-2014, 12:08 AM
I mean if he gets to keep it why would anyone ever roll on anything it would just be fastest clicker to the item.

OR

GM hadn't showed up yet and yeah we didn't roll on 50 plat value rings that dropped, obviously 4 melees were interested in rolling on that cloak and he wouldn't even participate in the rolling process because he was a smuck and no the group wasn't FFA we had rolled on previous items.

actually, it was a FFA group and then they only wanted to roll when twin FFA'd the cloak... every other drop from mobs and nameds was being treated FFA. also he didn't leave group, he was kicked from group while waiting for a GM to come settle the dispute

Still awaiting GM response he just thought cause he looted the item first he "said" he was entitled to it. Even though 3 of us were rolling on the item he refused to roll just took the item and left the group :// ass hole

Avoid grouping with Twin Half-elf Rogue at all costs ninja loots items then leaves.

Just a heads up.

I like the part where you never mention what even got Ninja'd. Judging by his level on my /w all, im assuming Hooded Black Cloak now. Hope he gets taught a lesson.

TrendyDru
07-07-2014, 12:09 AM
does it matter?

Snikliweed
07-07-2014, 12:11 AM
It really shouldn't matter what item it is ninja looting is ninja looting.

Tankdan
07-07-2014, 12:15 AM
It really shouldn't matter what item it is ninja looting is ninja looting.

Yes it does matter. Value is subjective. I've had noobs want to roll on Flayed Skin armor and Blackjacks in KC.

[Sun Jul 06 21:17:01 2014] You told twin, 'why did you ninja Hooded Cloak?'
[Sun Jul 06 21:17:20 2014] Twin tells you, 'Didnt ninja it, group was FFA and I looted it first'
[Sun Jul 06 21:17:26 2014] Twin tells you, 'I dont know who you are but please stop messaging me'
[Sun Jul 06 21:17:51 2014] You told Twin, 'Just read about you on the forum, i wasnt part of the group'
[Sun Jul 06 21:18:08 2014] Twin tells you, 'Please stop messaging me.'
[Sun Jul 06 21:18:09 2014] You told Twin, 'But no group is ever FFA on valuable items, prob gonna get banned '

Sounds like a great guy.

Erectus
07-07-2014, 12:17 AM
who are you? the loot police?

Nuggie
Yes it does matter. Value is subjective. I've had noobs want to roll on Flayed Skin armor and Blackjacks in KC.

[Sun Jul 06 21:17:20 2014] Twin tells you, 'Didnt ninja it, group was FFA and I looted it first'
[Sun Jul 06 21:17:26 2014] Twin tells you, 'I dont know who you are but please stop messaging me'
[Sun Jul 06 21:17:51 2014] You told Twin, 'Just read about you on the forum, i wasnt part of the group'
[Sun Jul 06 21:18:09 2014] You told Twin, 'But no group is ever FFA on valuable items, prob gonna get banned '

Sounds like a great guy.
heh
edit - in before rnf

Snikliweed
I mean obviously yes not every item needs to be rolled on, but when it is an obvious upgrade for four other people and they are all rolling on it he should be honorable enough to roll and if he wins he wins if not give up the item.

Twin
07-07-2014, 12:19 AM
If a group continues to loot at their fastest rate from named mobs that come prior, without any regard to what was looted, without any statement of the groups' rules it should be understood that is an FFA loot system. I was never opposed to rolling but seeing as the group had attributed a loot as fast as you can system and the only people who could've looted it based on need were the people engaging the mob, I happened to be the fastest one. When I asked questions after I looted I was removed from the group after being insulted. I indicated I'm willing to wait for a GM to solve the dispute and have no problem rolling for the item if what I in fact did was illegal with regard to the servers rulesystem and an apparent FFA group loot system that was not explained to me otherwise. I was then kicked and the other ranger who was not agreeing with them was kicked as well.

Manticmuse
07-07-2014, 12:19 AM
real dick move. obv ffa doesn't apply to 3k items in a group of lvl 30s. way to tank your rep for 45hp.

also, note he says he would roll if the GM said it was against the server ruleset. omfg that's amazing.

Snikliweed
07-07-2014, 12:22 AM
Yeah we were going to let you stay in the group and soak xp from us with the item you just ninja looted from us of course we kicked you out haha the fact you would think we would allow you to still be in our group is hillarious.

Ambrotos
07-07-2014, 12:36 AM
I don't know. If the group announced everything was FFA at the start, can't really just say "Oops, we didn't mean that" when a item drops that you want. If it was stated up front what was up, then sure a Guide/GM can step in and recover it. Most likely just make the entire party roll for the cloak.

I remember from live where the group leader would loot the named, and then people would roll on it/would be given to the person next on list. Do it old school!

Snikliweed
07-07-2014, 12:38 AM
I don't know. If the group announced everything was FFA at the start, can't really just say "Oops, we didn't mean that" when a item drops that you want. If it was stated up front what was up, then sure a Guide/GM can step in and recover it. Most likely just make the entire party roll for the cloak.

I remember from live where the group leader would loot the named, and then people would roll on it/would be given to the person next on list. Do it old school!

Yeah except no one ever said that the group was FFA and we had rolled on a previous item. Yeah it would of been great if the person who looted the item would allow the other group members to roll on it.

Pint
07-07-2014, 12:40 AM
hope hbc was worth rerolling over

Erectus
07-07-2014, 12:44 AM
I was in the group as the ranger who got collaterally kicked for stating my position on the matter. It was pretty clearly FFA, since EVERY named drop was being looted as soon as the corpse hit the floor. I had no problem with this cause my ranger is mega-twinked and I don't really need anything. But 3 of the member of the group were guilded together and they were the ones FFA'ing everything. Twin, whose gear sucks, obviously saw the cloak drop and looted it since he needed it. The 3 guild members were in an uproar and started flaming him and kicked us both. I looted 1 fine steel morning star and the group said "ranger looting WTF". Their whole loot concept was "take as you may" which was 100% convenient for them until a poor rogue took a measley cloak over an epic rogue. Then suddenly the loot rules "changed". Typical greed.

Ambrotos
07-07-2014, 12:45 AM
Yeah except no one ever said that the group was FFA and we had rolled on a previous item. Yeah it would of been great if the person who looted the item would allow the other group members to roll on it.

When you come here making a post giving half assed information about what happened, it's kind of hard to bring out the pitch forks and fire to burn them at the stake. We have you, and then two other people saying how the group was ran differently. Rant and rave and accuse people no problem, but provide all information next time.

Originally Posted by Erectus View Post

If a group continues to loot at their fastest rate from named mobs that come prior, without any regard to what was looted, without any statement of the groups' rules it should be understood that is an FFA loot system. I was never opposed to rolling but seeing as the group had attributed a loot as fast as you can system and the only people who could've looted it based on need were the people engaging the mob, I happened to be the fastest one.

When I asked questions after I looted I was removed from the group after being insulted. I indicated I'm willing to wait for a GM to solve the dispute and have no problem rolling for the item if what I in fact did was illegal with regard to the servers rulesystem and an apparent FFA group loot system that was not explained to me otherwise. I was then kicked and the other ranger who was not agreeing with them was kicked as well.

Snikliweed
07-07-2014, 12:49 AM
Well I was intending on GM's to resolve the issue, but they never arrived so I was just warning anyone else who groups with this guy to not let him loot any named MOBS because he might be under the assumption its FFA.

Ambrotos
07-07-2014, 12:53 AM
Make sure you have logs and screenshots of the entire thing to help your case. Kinda hard to make a hard ruling on something like this with nothing to go on besides 3 guild members, and 3 other group members.

Snikliweed
07-07-2014, 12:54 AM
I have screen shots of everything, and it was 4 group members and two brothers.

Erydan Ouragan
07-07-2014, 03:26 AM
I was in the group as the ranger who got collaterally kicked for stating my position on the matter. It was pretty clearly FFA, since EVERY named drop was being looted as soon as the corpse hit the floor. I had no problem with this cause my ranger is mega-twinked and I don't really need anything. But 3 of the member of the group were guilded together and they were the ones FFA'ing everything. Twin, whose gear sucks, obviously saw the cloak drop and looted it since he needed it. The 3 guild members were in an uproar and started flaming him and kicked us both. I looted 1 fine steel morning star and the group said "ranger looting WTF". Their whole loot concept was "take as you may" which was 100% convenient for them until a poor rogue took a measley cloak over an epic rogue. Then suddenly the loot rules "changed". Typical greed.

Yeah.. except no, it doesnt work like that.

If EVERY named that popped did drop junk EVERY time, then of course it's going to get looted without anyone saying anything, because it's junk.

You can't claim "Everyone was looting and nobody ever rolled on anything, therefore the group was FFA." because the reason why nobody rolled is because nothing of value had dropped until that point.

There are no FFA groups in everquest, it doesn't exist. If it did, casters and healers would have to constantly reposition themselves to be in looting range when the mob dies and you NEVER see that.

The cloak was ninja-looted, pure and simple.

Cecily
07-07-2014, 03:49 AM
This is a terrible name and shame. What was the name of the guild and who were you grouped with?

Honestly, it sounds like a misunderstanding on both sides. But if the 3 guildies were trying to screw everyone else over and simply split the loot between themselves, I'm glad you interpreted the rules how you did.

Juryiel
07-07-2014, 03:53 AM
I have screen shots of everything, and it was 4 group members and two brothers.

Are you saying that Twin and 'the other ranger' are brothers?

I wonder why Twin presented it like this:

I was then kicked and the other ranger who was not agreeing with them was kicked as well.

(I don't actually wonder, obviously)

Interested in seeing how this develops, need to know whether the the asshole is Twin or the OP. More info needed, but if the whole 'we rolled on other items' bit is true, this looks bad for Twin.

Teako
07-07-2014, 04:50 AM
If a group continues to loot at their fastest rate from named mobs that come prior, without any regard to what was looted, without any statement of the groups' rules it should be understood that is an FFA loot system. I was never opposed to rolling but seeing as the group had attributed a loot as fast as you can system and the only people who could've looted it based on need were the people engaging the mob, I happened to be the fastest one. When I asked questions after I looted I was removed from the group after being insulted. I indicated I'm willing to wait for a GM to solve the dispute and have no problem rolling for the item if what I in fact did was illegal with regard to the servers rulesystem and an apparent FFA group loot system that was not explained to me otherwise. I was then kicked and the other ranger who was not agreeing with them was kicked as well.

You realize that the item will most likely either be deleted, and then you'll be suspended.. Right?

Claiming 'hur dur i looted first!' is totally irrelevant. If the group requests a roll, it is your obligation to roll unless the loot rules were clearly depicted that you either had reserve, or claim to that item ahead of time.

Every end game group will either rotate, or FFA gem drops in KC/Sebilis.. However, when a plat item drops (T-staff, anyone?) it's *immediately* rolled on.. Not first click wins. Sorry hoss, not the way the rules work.

If someone wants to roll, you have got to roll. If you take it, and leave.. you have stolen the item and deserve the fullest extent of the server's punishment.

Tasslehofp99
07-07-2014, 04:50 AM
THE RETURN OF RYANTWIN20!

Vlayde1127
07-07-2014, 04:57 AM
Why would you risk your reputation and a possible ban for 3k plat?

phacemeltar
07-07-2014, 05:02 AM
THE RETURN OF RYANTWIN20!

was thinking this.. it would be about the right amount of time for him to quietly make his return. that being said, i grouped with twin a few times and he seems cool..

i want to know which guilds were involved and wana see some screenshots of the whole incident.

Ele
07-07-2014, 07:33 AM
Gonna FFA trak bps next week

dealicious
07-07-2014, 07:42 AM
you said it...
OR

fastboy21
07-07-2014, 07:56 AM
i hear twin is really kegz.

Brynnag
07-07-2014, 08:08 AM
dem pixels ermagherd

MalexandraTL
07-07-2014, 09:36 AM
This is a terrible name and shame. What was the name of the guild and who were you grouped with?

Honestly, it sounds like a misunderstanding on both sides. But if the 3 guildies were trying to screw everyone else over and simply split the loot between themselves, I'm glad you interpreted the rules how you did.

agreed 100%. this is like.. the meta of scamming. you get a few guildies in 1 group together with some pugs and split all the loot amongst yourselves. even if it DOES come to a roll you all roll for your 1 guildie.
If they went with the whole ffa everything together and he decided ya i got your number.. more power to him.

fastboy21
07-07-2014, 09:43 AM
loot rules should be agreed on when you join the group. if you don't like the rules don't join.

not discussing loot rules until an item is rotting is always a recipe for arguments/petitions/bitterness, etc.

if you don't care enough to agree on the rules before something drops then you shouldn't get all bent out of shape after it drops because loot rules aren't what you assumed they should be.

radditsu
07-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Ambrotos is bored

kuckle
07-07-2014, 09:56 AM
agreed 100%. this is like.. the meta of scamming. you get a few guildies in 1 group together with some pugs and split all the loot amongst yourselves. even if it DOES come to a roll you all roll for your 1 guildie.
If they went with the whole ffa everything together and he decided ya i got your number.. more power to him.

Was in this group, guy looted items before hand as well, so not like we were hogging all the loot. I was chain pulling and hardly looting anything at all and the 3rd member of guild was a cleric who never even moved to loot once lol.. we even rolled on the soulfire hilt, 2minutes before the cloak dropped.

Sadre Spinegnawer
07-07-2014, 09:59 AM
the social skills of today's gamers are often just a couple notches above your run of the mill face-eating bath salt zombie in Florida.

kaev
07-07-2014, 10:50 AM
the social skills of today's gamers are often just a couple notches above your run of the mill face-eating bath salt zombie in Florida.

You're seriously suggesting that the aimbot generation was any better?

Twin
07-07-2014, 10:53 AM
loot rules should be agreed on when you join the group. if you don't like the rules don't join.

not discussing loot rules until an item is rotting is always a recipe for arguments/petitions/bitterness, etc.

if you don't care enough to agree on the rules before something drops then you shouldn't get all bent out of shape after it drops because loot rules aren't what you assumed they should be.

Not explained whatsoever, very abrasive group. Guilds name is Storm watch, and they were looting everything made no mention of anything about rules. I've never had this problem with any group before prior to this and as was stated earlier I've never had problems with looting and drops with other groups prior to this. A very big shame for these people who grief players and then when said players play their game, call foul.

phacemeltar
07-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Not explained whatsoever, very abrasive group. Guilds name is Storm watch, and they were looting everything made no mention of anything about rules. I've never had this problem with any group before prior to this and as was stated earlier I've never had problems with groups prior to this. A very big shame for these people who grief players and then when said players play their game, call foul.

i would suggest contacting the guild leader of Storm Watch about this behavior, as i do not think this unfriendliness is sanctioned by them

Snikliweed
07-07-2014, 11:04 AM
I believe since this game has been in existence it has been custom for everyone who NEEDS the item to make a roll on it first, then if no one needs everyone rolls for GREED. Not haha I clicked it first I have the item no need to roll now its in my possession thanks guys for helping me kill this mob that I couldn't kill my self then me running away with the loot.

fastboy21
07-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Not explained whatsoever, very abrasive group. Guilds name is Storm watch, and they were looting everything made no mention of anything about rules. I've never had this problem with any group before prior to this and as was stated earlier I've never had problems with looting and drops with other groups prior to this. A very big shame for these people who grief players and then when said players play their game, call foul.

it goes both ways though...just because they don't announce the loot rules doesn't mean that you shouldn't ask. especially when you are sitting on a camp where you all know an item is going to drop eventually it makes no sense that nobody had the common sense to say, "if the cloak drops how do we want to do loot?"

you saying nothing and then assuming it is a ffa is asking for trouble just as much as them saying nothing and assuming it is a nbg or random'd item.

fastboy21
07-07-2014, 11:11 AM
I believe since this game has been in existence it has been custom for everyone who NEEDS the item to make a roll on it first, then if no one needs everyone rolls for GREED. Not haha I clicked it first I have the item no need to roll now its in my possession thanks guys for helping me kill this mob that I couldn't kill my self then me running away with the loot.

you're assumption that loot rules are by default NBG is asking for trouble like the OP ran into. when you join there should be an explicit agreement about how loot will be handled. "Welcome to group, so you know we are random'ing on all items that drop" or "Welcome to group, everything that drops is NBG." Sometimes items are even reserved for a particular player..."Interested in joining our group? Item X is reserved for Player Y, but we are randoming on everything else." Would save so much unnecessary arguing.

there should be no assumption. the "custom" on p99 certainly isn't NBG (this isn't a statement about how things should be, its a description that most groups on p99 usually random loot regardless of traditional need randoming).

kuckle
07-07-2014, 11:17 AM
i would suggest contacting the guild leader of Storm Watch about this behavior, as i do not think this unfriendliness is sanctioned by them

Except this Twin guy is full of it, he says we were being mean, I made a few "ranger" jokes and the ranger also "lol'd" to the few comment. Nothing was even said to this rogue, we just invited him because the ranger told us it was his brother.
They are trying to say that because we as 3 people in the same guild looted more than him, the loot is ffa or something silly. I tried talking to him after all this and he just constantly threatened to report me for EVERYTHING i did, which i was just talking to him trying to figure out were things went south with him and mend the situation before it had to go to Petition.
HE even looted items that had dropped before hand that no one wanted so we didn't roll on. Our group was in no way being rude to anyone is the sad part. Just a pretty normal group with a few ranger jokes, until cloak dropped.. then these guys changed gears hard.

Korben
07-07-2014, 11:19 AM
I believe since this game has been in existence it has been custom for everyone who NEEDS the item to make a roll on it first, then if no one needs everyone rolls for GREED.

I call BS on this. If I'm at a camp for 8 hours and the 1 item drops that we've all been camping, I'm rolling to sell it, fuck the other guy who claims need. If he wants it so bad he can solo camp it.

Snikliweed
07-07-2014, 11:27 AM
I call BS on this. If I'm at a camp for 8 hours and the 1 item drops that we've all been camping, I'm rolling to sell it, fuck the other guy who claims need. If he wants it so bad he can solo camp it.

You are far off in left field man. He never even offered to roll on it how would you feel if you were camping that item for 8 hrs then a guy runs up and loots it when it drops then refuses to roll on it at all saying its free for all.

Korben
07-07-2014, 11:28 AM
You are far off in left field man. He never even offered to roll on it how would you feel if you were camping that item for 8 hrs then a guy runs up and loots it when it drops then refuses to roll on it at all saying its free for all.

Re-read what I posted. I said I roll on loot.

Snikliweed
07-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Re-read what I posted. I said I roll on loot.

Yeah I wouldn't of cared if everyone wanted to roll on it for a chance to sell it or wear it what is bullshit is someone who loots it and thinks they can just keep it without rolling on it all aka (Ninja Looting).

Juryiel
07-07-2014, 11:45 AM

Based on what the Storm Watch people have said in this thread and your own admission right here it sounds to me that this was not an FFA looting group that changed the rules on you when you got a good item (as you seem to claim). They were FFAing vendor drops, which people do all the time (e.g. I almost never bother looting vendor drops unless corpses are building up, that doesn't mean I don't want a 3k item). It doesn't really matter if they're in the same guild anyway, 3 of them are there contributing so they should be able to loot 3 times the things, even if at the end they were all planning to give it to one person, or whatever else their plan for said loots may have been. There was no "we are FFA everything - Oh OOPS you got cloak, so no we're not!" and it sounds like they rolled on other non-vendor items before.

So whether this is a misunderstanding on your part or the temptation of 45 HP got the better of your integrity, I would recommend returning the cloak to them, and giving up on your roll to make up for the trouble you caused, either intentionally or unintentionally.

Pheer
07-07-2014, 11:52 AM
maybe he was just roleplaying as a rogue guys

stakha
07-07-2014, 11:55 AM
No group is ever FFA on an item worth 3k, whether explicitly stated or not. Either you are lying about thinking so or are an idiot.

phacemeltar
07-07-2014, 11:58 AM
when an item drops from a boss kill, there is a window that pops up. there, you can decide whether to roll NEED or GREED or simply to PASS on the item. if you roll GREED and someone else rolls NEED, then their roll supersedes yours and you will not get a chance to roll on the item.

wait, wrong game. SHITS CLASSIC

Korben
07-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Also, this does not look good for when I log my Monk "Twins" in.

Erectus
07-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Twin and I are not brothers lol. I don't know where you get this fabrication. This is just a classic case of name and shame.

Sulfurian
07-07-2014, 12:57 PM
As a casual , very very poor player , i always die a bit inside when im out rolled on an item i could use , by someone with fungi and his epic at lvl 30.

Greed is human nature !

GnashingOfTeeth
07-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Could this be the return of RyanTwin?

Please say yes.

Invoke
07-07-2014, 01:09 PM
As a casual , very very poor player , i always die a bit inside when im out rolled on an item i could use , by someone with fungi and his epic at lvl 30.

Greed is human nature !

That is annoying, lol.

On the flip side...

It's also annoying when someone claims NEED on an item, then they turn around and sell it. Greed before need is the only fair way to go about things in a PUG. Greed before need also makes people more willing to join groups at camps that don't drop anything they can use.

Loke
07-07-2014, 01:12 PM
I've played here a long time and been in countless groups. When I'm leveling I rarely care about loot and just accept whatever rules the group I've joined has been operating under. Over the course of 4+ years and maybe a dozen characters, I've never been in a single group where looting an item worth ~3k would be considered acceptable behavior. Not once. Anyone who thinks that FFA on vendor drops means that named loot is up for grabs either has no understanding of the social dynamic of online games, is dumb, or both.

Twin, your position on this matter is completely indefensible and you're 100% in the wrong. If it was an honest misunderstanding, you have the opportunity to make it right. Likewise, as possession is often 9/10ths of the law, you also have the opportunity to do nothing. However, in the event you simply don't understand the social dynamic of online RPGs, be aware that the choices you make will have repercussions as a member of the P99 community. People do have long memories and if you get a negative reputation I can assure you it will cost you more, both monetarily (platinum) and reputation wise, than whatever you may get out of keeping the HBC.

That being said, I really hope this is RyanTwin returned from exile. That dude was worldstarhiphop levels of entertainment.

fastboy21
07-07-2014, 01:16 PM

Greed is human nature !

if you want a nbg group organize one yourself and make sure everyone who joins agrees to nbg. or, only join nbg groups.

stop mislabeling your own laziness as someone else's greed.

everyone started here at some point. you aren't poor; you are new. one of the problems with this server being off time line is that even a casual player can easily have accumulated a few hundred thousand pp by now, but it isn't greed that got them pp it was time. that lvl 30 with his epic had to get that money from somewhere (and most ppl on this server that have made some pp did it the right way---no rmt, etc.).

its insulting that you would conclude that anyone who doesn't want to give you something for nothing is greedy. maybe they just don't like you. maybe they don't care about you. it isn't greed to want your fair share from the work you put in.

call obama with this bs.

Shannacore
07-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Smells like RyanTwin

Erectus
07-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Here's another thing... their guildy cleric rolled on the HBC... if this group was supposedly NBG like they are claiming, WHY DID A CASTER ROLL ON IT? Either the group was FFA (and that's being fair) or it was just a group built to hoard all the loots onto those guild members.

If they were just greed rolling it and Twin actually needed it, why shouldn't he be allowed to take it?

Invoke
07-07-2014, 01:44 PM
If they were just greed rolling it and Twin actually needed it, why shouldn't he be allowed to take it?

Because other people in the group clearly wanted it, so it should be rolled on. Why is that so difficult?

Erectus
07-07-2014, 01:45 PM
They are claiming that it was an NBG group.... do you understand what that means? NEED before greed. if their cleric was rolling on it, it's not NBG.

phacemeltar
07-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Here's another thing... their guildy cleric rolled on the HBC... if this group was supposedly NBG like they are claiming, WHY DID A CASTER ROLL ON IT? Either the group was FFA (and that's being fair) or it was just a group built to hoard all the loots onto those guild members.

imo that is the risk you take rolling with a guild group. if one were to go kill a dragon with a raid guild, wouldnt it be wise to expect the same result? twin was just opportunistic to find a loophole, more power to him. he was probably robbing (pickpocket) the shit out of their mobs the whole time anyways.

Invoke
07-07-2014, 01:46 PM
They are claiming that it was an NBG group.... do you understand what that means? NEED before greed. if their cleric was rolling on it, it's not NBG.

Then it wasn't a NBG group and should he rolled on. There is no circumstance here that would make loot and scoot OK.

Erectus
07-07-2014, 01:50 PM
He didn't skoot from the group... while we were discussing it and trying to figure out the system, the ornary guildies got impatient and decided to kick us rather than trying to come to an agreement. Their immediate reaction was flame and blame, then to the forums to name and shame.

Erectus
07-07-2014, 01:53 PM
all the loots they looted previously should've been rolled on then.. They never even offered to make a roll on them AFTER the HBC was looted. They clearly were just taking as much as they could get their hands on. Twin got his hands on something he needed.

Tuffpuppy
07-07-2014, 01:54 PM
He didn't skoot from the group... while we were discussing it and trying to figure out the system, the ornary guildies got impatient and decided to kick us rather than trying to come to an agreement. Their immediate reaction was flame and blame, then to the forums to name and shame.

Because looting a valuable item then refusing to roll on it deserves being shamed.

Invoke
07-07-2014, 01:55 PM
I understand where you are coming from. All I'm saying is that the only logical solution is for the item to be rolled on by those in the party that want it. Until both sides agree to this, it's just a bunch of pissing into the wind.

Erectus
07-07-2014, 01:58 PM
He might've accepted an NBG roll but that roll would not include the casters in the group. They are claiming here that the rules was nbg, but it clearly WAS NOT.

iruinedyourday
07-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Wait, let me catch up.

Something dropped, someone looted it.. they were OK with rolling on it, but you kicked him before you could?

That's the jist of every comment from everyone who was in the group.. so unless that's incorrect you guys either need to A. figure out how to communicate on the forums better. or B figure out how to communicate in your groups better.

seems like either way what we got here is a...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2f-MZ2HRHQ

daasgoot
I have only been playing on P99 since the beginning of 2014, but i have a 55 bard, 32monk, 22dru, 20nec, 20clr

I have never once been in a group that did FFA loot on anything of value. ever.

in my experience, it has always been FFA trash loot.. roll on valuable loot.

I have also never been in a group that did NBG loot.

NBG is stupid in my opinion. you either need the item itself or you need the pp the item could be sold for so you can buy an item you need.. so IMO every item is need if it is trade-able and is worth a significant amount of pp.

i say roll for the fukin cloak and be done with this nonsense.

Snikliweed
He might've accepted an NBG roll but that roll would not include the casters in the group. They are claiming here that the rules was nbg, but it clearly WAS NOT.

Quit trying to cover up the mess you have caused yourself if you and your buddy wouldn't have been a jack ass in the first place none of this would of even had to happen. All he had to do was roll on it hell he might of even won.

Erydan Ouragan
07-07-2014, 02:04 PM
imo that is the risk you take rolling with a guild group. if one were to go kill a dragon with a raid guild, wouldnt it be wise to expect the same result? twin was just opportunistic to find a loophole, more power to him. he was probably robbing (pickpocket) the shit out of their mobs the whole time anyways.

Well it's not even a risk, imo.

When something that has value drops, everyone will roll on it. Therefore, a group composed of:

Random person
Random person
Random person
Random person
Random person
Random person

Is the same thing as:

Random person
Person from guild X
Person from guild X
Person from guild X
Person from guild X
Person from guild X

Because every time something drops, you have 1/6 chance to win.

If you're grouped with 5 people from the same guild and one of them wins the roll and decides to give the item to his guildie, how is that different from a group formed of random people with one of them winning the item and selling it in the tunnel?

All in all, group composition doesn't matter. Whether they roll for themselves because it's an upgrade, roll to sell it in EC or roll to give it to a guildie/friend, because in the end it's still a 1/6 chance to win the item.

Erectus
07-07-2014, 02:05 PM
^ this is the kind of attitude that this guild brings to the server. and that's how they acted in group. Like I said, why was the cleric rolling on the HBC?

Loke
07-07-2014, 02:05 PM

HBC is all/all, who are you or twin to decide can roll NBG? Necros need HP, Clerics with stones definitely do, shamans do, and anyone else could make a case for it depending on what they were already wearing.

Also, FFA on trash loot != FFA on named loot, how are you not understanding this? FFA and NBG aren't the only loot systems either. Greed is far and away the most popular loot system for PUGs - greed meaning anyone who wants to roll on an item can. Do you really think because they weren't rolling on Garg eyes or MM drums that they didn't want a roll on the cloak? I may have missed it, but I didn't see them claim it was NBG, but simply that they were FFAing vendor items and wanted a roll on the cloak. Twin looted it, and then refused that as an option from what I can gather.

Erectus, Awayken, and Twin totally added to my personal "avoid these people" list.

Snikliweed
07-07-2014, 02:07 PM
^ this is the kind of attitude that this guild brings to the server. and that's how they acted in group. Like I said, why was the cleric rolling on the HBC?

Good question why was the Cleric rolling when Twin had no intentions of giving it to a winner and wouldn't even participate in the rolling process himself what a waste of his time?

iruinedyourday
07-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Yea if a cleric wants to have a HBC from 35-46 because they want to feel the HP's in the way they play the game, if they are rolling on it, it is fair. If they are 'needing' it because they want to feel the HP's in the way they play that is probably a bit of a stretch to say that is 'fair'.. But that is not what happened.

If someone says they want something, and you are rolling for it, you roll, you can whine all about it.. but if you /disband or /q with the item in your inventory even though you lost the roll, then you are a dbag.

These are my opinions, but I am sure many people who haven't been called dbags by people who arnt consistently called dbags themselves, would agree.

fastboy21
07-07-2014, 02:11 PM
all/all 45 hp cloak is pretty much the best cloak for any class in the game until you can get a hiero.

iruinedyourday
07-07-2014, 02:11 PM
all/all 45 hp cloak is pretty much the best cloak for any class in the game until you can get a hiero.

Agree'd I wear one on my enchanter.

phacemeltar
07-07-2014, 02:12 PM
FFA and NBG aren't the only loot systems either.

holy shit great idea.. loot rules have always been real shitty here on p99, at least at the lower levels

no idea how the guilds handle stuff aside from some dkp, but someone should make a post detailing the finer points of the more abstract loot rules. maybe that shit will get stickied

Ciroco
07-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Whether it was NBG or greed, dude looted it and refused to roll. Case closed, inc hammer of justice.

phacemeltar
07-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Whether it was NBG or greed, dude looted it and refused to roll. Case closed, inc hammer of justice.

this would totally be an abuse of GM power.. if he gets shamed and reputed by the community thats one thing, but account suspension or inventory robbery for looting an item.. thats a little overboard, imo

i realize that this type of stuff happens daily in ToV or DL or wherever u ppl go to raid, but this is MM.. its really not so serious, these people are just playing the crybaby roll because they want to get their way

ninja-looting is a thing

Erydan Ouragan
07-07-2014, 02:21 PM

Because he's entitled to.

Whether the cleric rolls on the HBC for himself, to sell it in the tunnel, give it to an alt or give it to his twinked-epic-fungi friend doesn't matter.

Everyone rolls on the item, everyone gets a 1/6 chance to win the item.

What they do with the item isn't relevant, as long as everyone gets to roll.

If they're looting all the vendor/thrash loot and you get nothing, then it's your responsibility to communicate with them and state that you would like your fair share.

Shodo
07-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

Regardless of what actually happened, shouting at eachother on server chat isn't going to solve anything, nor will it prove anything. If you (OP) really feel so strongly that you have been wronged and are just here on a humble mission to warn the community as you claim, post some screenshots and let everyone decide for themselves.

Otherwise, some jerk named Sirken totally ninja'd the CoF I found on a decaying skeleton last night and I *demand* compensation!

Snikliweed
07-07-2014, 02:27 PM

Regardless of what actually happened, shouting at eachother on server chat isn't going to solve anything, nor will it prove anything. If you (OP) really feel so strongly that you have been wronged and are just here on a humble mission to warn the community as you claim, post some screenshots and let everyone decide for themselves.

Otherwise, some jerk named Sirken totally ninja'd the CoF I found on a decaying skeleton last night and I *demand* compensation!

I am giving the screen shots to the GMS and letting them decide his fate I just created this forum in case he doesn't get suspended to watch out grouping with this clown.

Ciroco
07-07-2014, 02:30 PM
I didn't mean to suggest he would be banned, but I'm sure the cloak will get taken away at the least.

iruinedyourday
07-07-2014, 02:32 PM
"..and then time passed, and everyone replaced all their loot and moved on mentally, forgetting about their petty squabbles..."

-The ending to everyone of these stories. Turns out they're all feel good summer blockbusters after all!

I suggest leaving it at the initial post, just move on and get dem precious xp'z

Loke
07-07-2014, 02:32 PM

Umm, both sides of the argument have confirmed that it did indeed happen, just with slightly differing account of events. You post would be like if your girlfriend and best friend came to you and told you they hooked up, but both claiming they were drunk and taken advantage of by the other party, and you responding with "but can you prove you guys hooked up?" Neither side is denying the hook up (much like neither side is denying the cloak was looted and not rolled on), so your post is dumb and you should feel bad about it. No wonder your hypothetical girlfriend cheated on you with your hypothetical best friend.

thieros
07-07-2014, 02:44 PM

you called sirken a jerk & slandered him! you gon' get banned!

bashing staff members will result in a ban, period. if you have a problem with a staff member, you need to contact me (if your problem is with me, then feel free to contact someone over my head), and we will settle it like men. if you choose to bash the staff on the forums, prepare to be banned.

the amount of staff bashing i returned to see is simply unacceptable, and it ends now.

consider this your only warning.

eqgmrdbz
07-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Really, I can't believe all the mistakes that where made. Yes, you need to establish looting rules when you join a group, either as a new member, say "what are the looting rules", or as the group leader explain the looting rules to new members.

First anything valuable requires a /roll, even if you are FFA'ing, i would still say "should we roll for this sweet item?". Second, if you do not need the item, do not /roll for it, that just makes you look like a dick. If no one needs the item, then you /roll for twinks or to sell. Third, if the group disagrees with a loot, like what happened here, then there should of been a /roll for the item.

Twin keeping the item after the group wanted a roll was wrong. The guys flaming Twin and dropping him from group was wrong, they could of talked it over, instead of attacking him. Making a thread about what happened, and making yourself look like an angel, is usually the first step in looking like a douche. They should of let Twin keep the cloak if he was poor, especially if they had an epic'd rogue, who prolly didn't need it.

Mynxx
07-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Wow, so ultimately - We now know to never group with Twin & co. Apparently said individual isn't experienced enough to understand how the game works, how looting works. That being said, yes, it's wise to never invite stupid people into your group, but sometimes, you just don't know they're a fucking tool until after the fact.

Brynnag
07-07-2014, 02:52 PM
good job

Shodo
07-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Umm, both sides of the argument have confirmed that it did indeed happen, just with slightly differing account of events. You post would be like if your girlfriend and best friend came to you and told you they hooked up, but both claiming they were drunk and taken advantage of by the other party, and you responding with "but can you prove you guys hooked up?" Neither side is denying the hook up (much like neither side is denying the cloak was looted then not rolled on), so your post is dumb and you should feel bad about it. No wonder your hypothetical girlfriend cheated on you with your hypothetical best friend.

"Pics or it didn't happen" is a turn of phrase, and should not be interpreted too literally. The "it" in this case refers to the details of the event, not the whole of the event itself. I thought that would be clear from the context of the thread (since, as you've said, no one is denying the cloak was looted then not rolled on), but I apologize if it wasn't.

My point was simply that, without screenshots or chat logs, it's still a case of "he said, she said" in regards to whether:

A) Twin is a ninja looter, hands-down, who looted and ran (there have been conflicting statements from the other group members as to whether he was kicked or left on his own).

or

B) Twin is a party member who made the mistake of looting without rolling, but was willing to stick around and discuss the matter until he was kicked by a disgruntled group that had no interest in communicating.

Given that he's been on the server since 2010, it seems unlikely that be's entirely innocent. However, it still sounds like it may not be a case of plain-and-simple ninja looting; so, if that's what the OP is claiming, screenshots or chat logs would be helpful for some one that is concerned with the finer points of what happened. He is of course in no way obligated to provide them, but without something to clear up the confusion this may as well be in RnF.

Loke
07-07-2014, 03:06 PM
You really shouldn't need details beyond what Twin, Erectus and the other members of this group have posted in this thread to figure out Twin is in the wrong. I guess that is why I assumed your "pics or it didn't happen" was such an off base comment.

phacemeltar
07-07-2014, 03:21 PM
You really shouldn't need details beyond what Twin, Erectus and the other members of this group have posted in this thread to figure out Twin is in the wrong. I guess that is why I assumed your "pics or it didn't happen" was such an off base comment.

i think the question at hand is whether or not ninja-looting is an offense worthy of GM intervention

Daldaen
07-07-2014, 03:25 PM
The most shocking thing about this thread was that a level appropriate group was able to kill him and Hydro wasn't camping it for his 200th HBC.

Aabdel
07-07-2014, 03:27 PM

as a member of Storm Watch, I just have to say that this behavior, whether it happened as you claim or not, is not representative of the guild. Regardless of how ass backwards your justification is for the loot and scoot, it could have been resolved in a civil manner, and that's something I can safely say 98% of the guild would have done (though your pal refusing to roll on it would certainly make that more difficult). Because it is also a noob friendly guild, however, you will see people who don't know what the hell they're doing, and if that is the case I'm sorry if your friend has been wrongly shamed. But I gotta say it really doesn't sound all that likely

Raistin
07-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Really, I can't believe all the mistakes that where made. Yes, you need to establish looting rules when you join a group, either as a new member, say "what are the looting rules", or as the group leader explain the looting rules to new members.

First anything valuable requires a /roll, even if you are FFA'ing, i would still say "should we roll for this sweet item?". Second, if you do not need the item, do not /roll for it, that just makes you look like a dick. If no one needs the item, then you /roll for twinks or to sell. Third, if the group disagrees with a loot, like what happened here, then there should of been a /roll for the item.

Twin keeping the item after the group wanted a roll was wrong. The guys flaming Twin and dropping him from group was wrong, they could of talked it over, instead of attacking him. Making a thread about what happened, and making yourself look like an angel, is usually the first step in looking like a douche. They should of let Twin keep the cloak if he was poor, especially if they had an epic'd rogue, who prolly didn't need it.

Much like what else Twin and his brother have lied about in this thread, he was not kicked as soon as he looted and then flamed. It was after Twin refused to roll on the cloak that he was kicked. Should the group let a ninja looter stay and soak up xp? He has already proven he wasnt going to roll on the cloak, had no interest in rolling on the cloak. His brother coming back after the fact saying "o he totally would have rolled" counts for nothing. Remeber guys "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Loke
07-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Can we stop talking about who was wrong (Twin was, clearly) and get to the bigger matter at hand: has Ryantwin and his brother returned? We need some internet detectives on this case asap.

Sturmx
07-07-2014, 03:47 PM
i think the question at hand is whether or not ninja-looting is an offense worthy of GM intervention

I think ninja looting has and always will be an offense worthy of GM intervention.

zanderklocke
07-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Second, if you do not need the item, do not /roll for it, that just makes you look like a dick.

I don't think you've done a lot of high level grouping on this server outside of maybe friends/guild if this is how you think it commonly works on this server.

Pint
07-07-2014, 03:51 PM
ITT ppl perform mental gymnastics to condone ninja looting.. this feels like a p99 rnf thread.

Ciroco
07-07-2014, 04:11 PM
I don't think you've done a lot of high level grouping on this server outside of maybe friends/guild if this is how you think it commonly works on this server.

King group LF enchanter, NBG on loot, send tells

Snikliweed
07-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Here is what everyone was wanting.

http://tinypic.com/r/5bbozp/8

http://tinypic.com/r/35848ja/8

http://tinypic.com/r/nx6k2w/8

Some how even Kivi managed to know to roll on it.

iruinedyourday
07-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Here is what everyone was wanting.

http://tinypic.com/r/5bbozp/8

http://tinypic.com/r/35848ja/8

http://tinypic.com/r/nx6k2w/8

Some how even Kivi managed to know to roll on it.

Still applies :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2f-MZ2HRHQ

Fiyero
07-07-2014, 04:31 PM
The most shocking thing about this thread was that a level appropriate group was able to kill him and Hydro wasn't camping it for his 200th HBC.

Lol I saw Hydro in Lfay last night, so maybe he was on his way or had recently finished. :p

Fiyero
07-07-2014, 04:33 PM
I'm still not sure how you can claim FFA on a named mob that drops one of the best items in the zone. Nobody FFAs a 3k dollar highly desirable item unless you're all level 60s who already have more cash than you know what to do with. Common sense.

Heck, some of my groups in MM were rotating on gargoyle eyes, because omg 9pp! Every group I've been in, if an item of value drops, the group says either, is that a need for someone, or let's all roll on it.

Glenzig
07-07-2014, 04:44 PM
"Need before greed? Good thing I needed it then."

I would say that would be the nail in the coffin. Its quite obvious from just that one statement what his true intentions were.

Sulfurian
07-07-2014, 05:22 PM
you aren't poor; you are new. one of the problems with this server being off time line is that even a casual player can easily have accumulated a few hundred thousand pp by now, but it isn't greed that got them pp it was time.

Okay now i wasn't not going to reply but this is just ridiculous , come on.

Ravager
07-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Rogues who get caught stealing are a disgrace to the class.

Next time: Open the corpse, disband, loot the cloak, /q, log back on, then hand over Blood of the Dhampyre that you bought in EC for 10p to the group leader and get back in for the experience.

iruinedyourday
07-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Rogues who get caught stealing are a disgrace to the class.

Next time: Open the corpse, disband, loot the cloak, /q, log back on, then hand over Blood of the Dhampyre that you bought in EC for 10p to the group leader and get back in for the experience.

Rogue level 1000

fastboy21
07-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Okay now i wasn't not going to reply but this is just ridiculous , come on.

its not ridiculous. this server has been up long enough now that a casual player that has only a few hours to play every week could easily have acquired a small fortune. at the high end of the pug grp'ing, if you have a lvl 50+ char and only do 1 grp a week you have access to camps that drop 40k+ items. if you are in a guild, even easier access.

not to mention years of porting, hg camping, trade skills, playing the tunnel...anyone who has been here since within two years of launch would have had more than ample time to build up a much larger fortune than they would have on live....by far...AS A CASUAL PLAYER.

Clark
07-07-2014, 06:16 PM

Sounds like a great guy.

What a fucking LOSER. Let's make sure this guy never gets groups or a guild. Supreme levels of retarded will not go unpunished.

Clark
07-07-2014, 06:19 PM

You're one stupid mf.

Invoke
07-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Shit is getting serious when Clark is typing out comments instead of just replying with quotes. :D

iruinedyourday
07-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Shit is getting serious when Clark is typing out comments instead of just replying with quotes. :D

:p

Pheer
07-07-2014, 06:28 PM

Clark
07-07-2014, 06:30 PM
I've played here a long time and been in countless groups. When I'm leveling I rarely care about loot and just accept whatever rules the group I've joined has been operating under. Over the course of 4+ years and maybe a dozen characters, I've never been in a single group where looting an item worth ~3k would be considered acceptable behavior. Not once. Anyone who thinks that FFA on vendor drops means that named loot is up for grabs either has no understanding of the social dynamic of online games, is dumb, or both.

Twin, your position on this matter is completely indefensible and you're 100% in the wrong. If it was an honest misunderstanding, you have the opportunity to make it right. Likewise, as possession is often 9/10ths of the law, you also have the opportunity to do nothing. However, in the event you simply don't understand the social dynamic of online RPGs, be aware that the choices you make will have repercussions as a member of the P99 community. People do have long memories and if you get a negative reputation I can assure you it will cost you more, both monetarily (platinum) and reputation wise, than whatever you may get out of keeping the HBC.

That being said, I really hope this is RyanTwin returned from exile. That dude was worldstarhiphop levels of entertainment.

Clark
07-07-2014, 06:31 PM

Ryantwin will not live to see the light of day. My necromancer will see to it!

Glenzig
07-07-2014, 07:03 PM
Yeah, definitely want to try and farm up for a rage bringer. Arduous as fuck, but worth it. Armor wise though? I figure stuff that boosts my strength and dex. My thrill pieces, crested helm, etc.

Crested Helm, Hooded Black Cloak, Mithril Greaves, 55hp rings, dwarven work boots, etc.

Hooded Black cloak. Check!

Clark
07-07-2014, 07:14 PM
This fuckin guy and his word of the day calendar. "Arduous" Lmao.

iruinedyourday
07-07-2014, 07:26 PM
This fuckin guy and his word of the day calendar. "Arduous" Lmao.

:D

fastboy21
07-07-2014, 07:26 PM

oh snap. busted.

hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife...

Fiyero
07-07-2014, 07:32 PM

Hmm good catch, didn't notice it was the same guy. He needed twink gear, but apparently it was too arduous to farm the cash for it, so he thought he'd just steal it. :rolleyes:

stakha
07-07-2014, 07:36 PM
lol

Juryiel
07-07-2014, 07:37 PM
Given all of this evidence I foresee arduous times ahead for Twin.

Clark
07-07-2014, 09:59 PM
Given all of this evidence I foresee arduous times ahead for Twin.

:cool:

GinnasP99
07-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Ryantwin20 wears 600 dollar jeans, look out.

Rhambuk
07-07-2014, 11:01 PM

rofl

Adolphus
07-07-2014, 11:59 PM
Yeah ninja looting = ban incoming most likely.

On the other side of the coin, the shady, dickish "real life friends" guilds and groups tend to plague that level range as well (20-40). I've seen loot manipulation, griefing, KSing and all sorts of server rules being broken by groups like these. Because when you're not one of the "friends", well . . .

TLDR: Beware both ninja looters and small groups/guilds of RL friends at lower levels.

fastboy21
07-08-2014, 12:14 AM
Yeah ninja looting = ban incoming most likely.

TLDR: Beware both ninja looters and small groups/guilds of friends at lower levels.

you mean, **gasps** there is a good reason to actually make friends in EQ?!?!...what the hell kind of mmo are we playing where you have to meet people and discern their trustworthiness?!?!

That sounds hard...hard like rl...i'm going back to rifts.

Adolphus
07-08-2014, 12:45 AM
you mean, **gasps** there is a good reason to actually make friends in EQ?!?!...what the hell kind of mmo are we playing where you have to meet people and discern their trustworthiness?!?!

That sounds hard...hard like rl...i'm going back to rifts.

Talking about the uber clique RL friends / guilds which are almost guaranteed to be douchebags to anyone they're not friends with. I've encountered dozens of these posses in my leveling phases and very rarely, if ever, had a good experience with them.

iruinedyourday
07-08-2014, 12:47 AM
I dont think fastboy is arguing with you, just making a joke that us nerds dont like to make friends :)

Cecily
07-08-2014, 01:06 AM
Talking about the uber clique RL friends / guilds which are almost guaranteed to be douchebags to anyone they're not friends with. I've encountered dozens of these posses in my leveling phases and very rarely, if ever, had a good experience with them.

Like the BDA officer core, ha.

Clark
07-08-2014, 03:15 AM
Like the BDA officer core, ha.

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/mike+tyson+s+laughing.+mike+tyson+s+laughing_1a64d f_4240389.gif

Tasslehofp99
07-08-2014, 03:38 AM

hahaha he shops on 5th ave bro!

Tankdan
07-08-2014, 06:34 AM
On the other side of the coin, the shady, dickish "real life friends" guilds and groups tend to plague that level range as well (20-40). I've seen loot manipulation, griefing, KSing and all sorts of server rules being broken by groups like these. Because when you're not one of the "friends", well . . .

This is too true.

Saw some bard/monk in CoM last week in same guild, bard guildy kept saying "Monk should get the next few gems, he hasn't been winning rolls" - regarding his own guildy. And of course nobody wants to be a dick and say no. But in the end they're hustling for their own pals.

fishingme
07-08-2014, 10:47 AM
This is too true.

Saw some bard/monk in CoM last week in same guild, bard guildy kept saying "Monk should get the next few gems, he hasn't been winning rolls" - regarding his own guildy. And of course nobody wants to be a dick and say no. But in the end they're hustling for their own pals.

Alpha loot and don't start with his letter.

Rattle Squirrell
07-08-2014, 11:47 AM
I actually just read all of this and wow. I have to admit I have not read any of the server rules on grouping loot.....However, when I group with people I usually tend to lean towards if something of value drops....and it's an upgrade for someone else. I pass. However, I can't say I'd do that for a very high value item that would give me the ability to progress further thru camping the EC monster.

I usually do give up my roll to Need over my greed, but not always.

That being said I would not like it if someone just took it upon themselves in one of my groups to loot whatever they wanted and then refuse to even give others the chance to roll......I don't feel that's a fair way to play at all.

Originall Prankster
55 Rogue