PDA

View Full Version : Trapped in fearplane!

uraniumrooster
07-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Hello P99! I haven't played here since back in 2010, but I've been having some EQ cravings so I just reinstalled. Unfortunately, I went to log in and discovered my main is camped in Plane of Fear...

Like I said, it's been a while, so I'm curious how I might go about getting him out of there unharmed.

Is Fear pretty well-camped and clear these days? Is it safe to log in, or should I wait for a scheduled raid?

As I recall, the entrance portal is a one-way trip, correct? Would anyone be willing to meet me inside and give me a quick port out? I'd be happy to pay for the service.

Thanks in advance for any help or input anyone might offer!

Erasong
07-07-2014, 06:27 PM
amy temple has a zone out inside

Pheer
07-07-2014, 06:28 PM
rest in peace

iruinedyourday
07-07-2014, 06:28 PM
This video has a little guy walk out, of a fully spawned fear, i don maybe is a GM or something.. anywho it shows you how to get out.. but if there are even 1 of those mobs up then you likely wont make it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPl118Ir-LU#t=193

It's not really safe to say whether its clear or not though :/ its a crapshoot...

I bet someone here knows whether it is or not!

Clark
07-07-2014, 06:33 PM
WC cap! Oh wait we didn't use those back then :( Welcome back man.

Thulack
07-07-2014, 06:35 PM
This video has a little guy walk out, of a fully spawned fear, i don maybe is a GM or something.. anywho it shows you how to get out.. but if there are even 1 of those mobs up then you likely wont make it out...

It's not really safe to say whether its clear or not though :/ its a crapshoot...

name is green so has GM powers. All those mobs would have gangraped him 10 seconds into the video.:D

iruinedyourday
07-07-2014, 06:37 PM

name is green so has GM powers. All those mobs would have gangraped him 10 seconds into the video.:D

On a side note, its cool to see spawns and stuff.. having never played a puller to that level I've always wondered wtf the mobs come from :)

zanderklocke
07-07-2014, 06:40 PM
On a side note, its cool to see spawns and stuff.. having never played a puller to that level I've always wondered wtf the mobs come from :)

Pullers don't know where mobs are coming from in the firewall either since everything aggros once you step inside the firewall.

uraniumrooster
07-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Hmm, well thanks for the feedback guys. I forgot about the exit in the temple... might have to put on my run speed song and make a dash for it (and pray).

iruinedyourday
07-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Hmm, well thanks for the feedback guys. I forgot about the exit in the temple... might have to put on my run speed song and make a dash for it (and pray).

If it is up, i garontee you wont make it out, i would make an alt and start /ooc'ing in EC to find out, also /who all fearplane and if nayone is there, send them a tell!

no need to make the entire scenario more difficult by adding a CR to it :D

There are spelling errors becuse I am trying to stop this guy from doing somethign he is going to quickly regret/!!11!

Clark
07-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Cazic Thule should spawn tonight may be good chance to get out then. If not someone should be clearing zone tomorrow when no bosses in window.

uraniumrooster
07-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Haha, thanks man. Ironic... iruinedyourday trying to stop me from ruining mine!

indiscriminate_hater
07-07-2014, 07:01 PM
wish i could help, this dilemma is so classic it makes my head spin.

op keep us updated on progress. fraps if you try temple exit

iruinedyourday
07-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Haha, thanks man. Ironic... iruinedyourday trying to stop me from ruining mine!

I am a twisted maze of paradoxes

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvfy8fW8Aq1qaut59o1_500.gif

Good luck and welcome back! :D

uraniumrooster
07-07-2014, 07:13 PM
wish i could help, this dilemma is so classic it makes my head spin.

op keep us updated on progress. fraps if you try temple exit

Will do, haha. I'm in EC now with an alt.

If anyone is reading this and has intel on the current status inside fearplane, or if you're a wiz/druid up for a daring rescue attempt, feel free to send a tell to Zigg.

Uuruk
07-07-2014, 07:23 PM
Commit suicide and let corpse rot. Petition that corpse rotted and have it pop in front of you in not time.

iruinedyourday
07-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Will do, haha. I'm in EC now with an alt.

If anyone is reading this and has intel on the current status inside fearplane, or if you're a wiz/druid up for a daring rescue attempt, feel free to send a tell to Zigg.

P99ers!!! CALL TO ARMS!

http://www.vizzed.com/vizzedboard/retro/user_screenshots/saves0/1/Zero%20Wing_Jun8%209_23_26.png

Pringles
07-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Make an alt, watch for raids in the zone, send a tell to someone in the zone asking if its clear, once clear - login.

Cistern
07-07-2014, 08:09 PM
I can confirm it is possible to get outta there and all you need is Invis. My Iksar SK made it out with CoS. Some mobs have see invis and some don't. My asshole was puckered up the entire time somethin fierce, but I made it without even getting aggro. If you can make it inside the firewall without aggroing, that is the hard part.

Get in the temple and find the exit, I believe it is on the 3rd or 2nd floor. This is your mission. Do not fail.

iruinedyourday
07-07-2014, 10:09 PM
sirken just ran through fear on the live stream but i only looked out of the corner of my eye, forgot to see if it was up haha!

http://www.twitch.tv/sirkenp99

thieros
07-08-2014, 08:08 AM
I can confirm it is possible to get outta there and all you need is Invis. My Iksar SK made it out with CoS. Some mobs have see invis and some don't. My asshole was puckered up the entire time somethin fierce, but I made it without even getting aggro. If you can make it inside the firewall without aggroing, that is the hard part.

Get in the temple and find the exit, I believe it is on the 3rd or 2nd floor. This is your mission. Do not fail.

SK reporting in. did this and got smashed. i believe wriath of shissar see's invis cause i got smashed at ramp just before i turned onto 3rd floor. WOMP but run/invis and hope for the best. itll be exciting!!

Kekephee
07-08-2014, 09:35 AM
SK reporting in. did this and got smashed. i believe wriath of shissar see's invis cause i got smashed at ramp just before i turned onto 3rd floor. WOMP but run/invis and hope for the best. itll be exciting!!

I got stuck in fear for some reason I can't even remember after a guild raid one time, I think I was doing a mini-kite or something, but when I invis'd up and went through the temple I didn't know where the exit was and I went up a floor higher than I needed to on the ramp. A mob saw through my invis and I got wrecked.

My understanding is that if you go where you're supposed to, you're fine, but if you take a wrong turn you're dead. Cannot for sure verify this but that's what I've heard, and there is definitely something that will kill you up on the top floor there.

Ravager
07-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Who's taking bets?

iruinedyourday
07-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Since we haven't heard anything yet, my guess's would be...

10/1 he makes it out.
3/1 he doesn't log in again for like a month
1/1 he dies

Messianic
07-08-2014, 01:20 PM
1) Wait till some guild clears (TMO BREAK FEAR YET??? LLOLOLOLOL ok i'm finished)
2) Leave
3) ...?
4) PROFIT

uraniumrooster
07-08-2014, 01:35 PM
I just played my alt for a while yesterday and watched for activity in Fear. Talked to a few people about trying a rescue mission, but ultimately decided I didn't want to get someone else killed too. I'll probably just keep watching and waiting for a guild to clear it out, then make my exit.

Loke
07-08-2014, 01:36 PM

If you're a bard, depending on the songs you've got up, your MR, and your ability to play, you could get out pretty easily. Kite up the west wall and swing through the fire wall (in and out really quickly, shouldn't be inside for more than a second or so). Kite them all back south to give your self some extra room to work with and then run back up to the temple. Assuming you did it correctly all the mobs should be cleared out. The Temple ramp is on the east side of the pyramid, and the door is on the third tier from the top on the west side. Once you enter the pyramid just keep making lefts and you'll find the zone out.

iruinedyourday
07-08-2014, 01:43 PM
If you're a bard, depending on the songs you've got up, your MR, and your ability to play, you could get out pretty easily. Kite up the west wall and swing through th... ..AND YOUR DEAD

FIFY

fastboy21
07-08-2014, 02:24 PM
the real hitch is knowing where you are going...if you know the exact way, you can very reasonable make it out. bard would have no problem with selos and DA.

serious suggestion, if you don't feel like waiting for a fear clearing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPl118Ir-LU

the nome shows the zone out at about 3:13 into the vid.

iruinedyourday
07-08-2014, 02:31 PM
the real hitch is knowing where you are going...if you know the exact way, you can very reasonable make it out. bard would have no problem with selos and DA.

serious suggestion, if you don't feel like waiting for a fear clearing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPl118Ir-LU

the nome shows the zone out at about 3:13 into the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNb4VKln1uw

uraniumrooster
07-08-2014, 08:36 PM
If you're a bard, depending on the songs you've got up, your MR, and your ability to play, you could get out pretty easily. Kite up the west wall and swing through the fire wall (in and out really quickly, shouldn't be inside for more than a second or so). Kite them all back south to give your self some extra room to work with and then run back up to the temple. Assuming you did it correctly all the mobs should be cleared out. The Temple ramp is on the east side of the pyramid, and the door is on the third tier from the top on the west side. Once you enter the pyramid just keep making lefts and you'll find the zone out.

I thought about this. It is totally possible as a bard to round up half the zone then hop through the zone while they all chase me. It's the "assuming you did it correctly" part that causes problems for me... I'm not sure that's such a safe assumption.

This is where I run into problems. After 4 years I'm not as familiar with the zone or its mobs as I once was. I don't even know for sure where in the zone I'm camped; I'm guessing it's near the west wall camp down by the zone-in, but it could be right under Cazic's feet or on top of the Amy temple... I'm just stupid enough to do something like that. I also don't remember which songs, if any, I have prepared.

At some point I'll just have to make the plunge, but for now I'm fine playing my alt and getting reacquainted with the game a bit.

Rest assured, if I do end up trying to make a glorious dash for the exit, I'll definitely stream it. :D

iruinedyourday
07-08-2014, 08:37 PM
please, after all this buildup, dont done.. I want you to win so bad.

GnashingOfTeeth
07-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Oh for the love of p99, some guild help this man.

iruinedyourday
07-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Oh for the love of p99, some guild help this man.
:D :D :D I was tempted to log in at work just to who all fearplane

uraniumrooster
07-08-2014, 08:49 PM
:D :D :D I was tempted to log in at work just to who all fearplane

Lol. I've been logging in every couple hours to do just that :)

GnashingOfTeeth
07-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Sirken have pity on this player, and tell him it's a thing, you are dumb, A+, never petition again.

Uuruk
07-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Like I said just intentionally die let corpse rot and get it summoned by a gm instead of a 4 page thread on navigating a 15 year old zone.

iruinedyourday
07-08-2014, 09:49 PM
Like I said just intentionally die let corpse rot and get it summoned by a gm instead of a 4 page thread on navigating a 15 year old zone.

seriously this is like your plan, wait a week for your corpse to rot? How is that a plan... fail so horribly only a gm can save you...

thats like the worst advice... am I missing something here :confused:

Messianic
07-08-2014, 09:50 PM

Tell us what you really think

indiscriminate_hater
07-08-2014, 09:51 PM

U just jelly u don't have a cool thread like this

Aelzrith
07-09-2014, 12:28 AM
U just jelly u don't have a cool thread like this

inb4 pg6

Sirken
07-09-2014, 02:22 AM
Sirken have pity on this player, and tell him it's a thing, you are dumb, A+, never petition again.

im pretty sure i moved this person right when this went up. has he checked recently?

azxten
07-09-2014, 02:24 AM
im pretty sure i moved this person right when this went up. has he checked recently?

Favoritism! Losing your corpse in planes is classic. I'd like a free res.

iruinedyourday
07-09-2014, 02:30 AM

lol if this is the ending to this story... "you've been fine all along" then lol, just lol.

Ravager
07-09-2014, 09:44 AM
lol if this is the ending to this story... "you've been fine all along" then lol, just lol.

...and it was all a dream!

Those endings are always so unsatisfying. Put him back Sirk!

Rhambuk
07-09-2014, 09:46 AM
amy temple has a zone out inside

Boo sirken!

Boo this man!

Castigate
07-09-2014, 10:08 AM
On the positive side this thread now makes me imagine Sirken some day holding his baby saying this to calm it down.

fastboy21
07-09-2014, 12:12 PM
hmm...

glad op got out, but isn't surviving a mistake like camping out in fear without having a way out part of the game? i'm not sure i understand why a gm would deprive the player of a legitimate play experience...don't get me wrong, if this is the gm policy for the server than i am glad that gms responded and did their duty as they always do...

folks organizing a rescue party, player making a heart-pounding run for the zone out, etc would have been a much better EQ story imo.

GnashingOfTeeth
07-09-2014, 01:33 PM
hmm...

glad op got out, but isn't surviving a mistake like camping out in fear without having a way out part of the game? i'm not sure i understand why a gm would deprive the player of a legitimate play experience...don't get me wrong, if this is the gm policy for the server than i am glad that gms responded and did their duty as they always do...

folks organizing a rescue party, player making a heart-pounding run for the zone out, etc would have been a much better EQ story imo.

You may pick one of the following Sirkenisms as a reply.

That's a thing.
A plus sir, A plus.
Thats interesting!
None of us get paid!
Did I just give a player fly mode? yes I did.
In case you are wondering, we have that EC tunnel here on P99.
Lets check in game, I don't give any shits about that, moving on.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Sirken doesn't have an ATM card, he took that away from himself.
This is close to Live as you're going to get.
AAAANNNNNNNDDDD!
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Get all these God damn corpses outta here.
Turn on the speed runnings.
Oh My God.
And that's just the way its going to be.
Don't ever, ever do that shit again.
Absolutely Huge.
GOD DAMMIT
I think these Nerds are done.
We absolutely care!
Yeeaah, sorry Pal-o thats not a thing.
Oh so and so said blah blah blah!
EQ nostalgia option! This isn't one of those cheap servers with 2 guilds.

Destron
07-09-2014, 01:42 PM
hmm...

uraniumrooster
07-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Well I went and checked last night... sure enough, my toon was in EC. Thanks Sirk!

And thanks to everyone else for the suggestions, comments, offers to help, etc. Sorry about the anti-climactic ending. But hey, freedom!

http://madetofish.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/freedom-mel-gibson.jpg

iruinedyourday
07-09-2014, 02:20 PM
NOW THE ENDING IS COMPLETE CUS OF THAT PIC

I feel fulfilled...

thefuture04
07-09-2014, 02:36 PM
Yea was hoping for a better story than, *POOF* "You're good to go"

iruinedyourday
07-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Hey he made it, I'm just glad he didnt sink to the bottom of the ocean, frozen while his GF floats around on a makeshift raft.

Slayde
07-09-2014, 03:02 PM
Moral of the story, if you ever get trapped somewhere and are too afraid to try and make it out yourself, just make a post about it and have Sirken move you around the world. Seems legit.

indiscriminate_hater
07-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Moral of the story, if you ever get trapped somewhere and are too afraid to try and make it out yourself, just make a post about it and have Sirken move you around the world. Seems legit.

jelly

Varren
07-09-2014, 03:37 PM

That's a thing.
A plus sir, A plus.
Thats interesting!
None of us get paid!
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
AAAANNNNNNNDDDD!
Oh My God.
Absolutely Huge.
GOD DAMMIT
We absolutely care!

Lol

Sirken, you hold a special place in my heart.

Sirken
07-09-2014, 04:15 PM

That's a thing.
A plus sir, A plus.
Thats interesting!
None of us get paid!
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
AAAANNNNNNNDDDD!
Oh My God.
Absolutely Huge.
GOD DAMMIT
We absolutely care!

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Sirken
07-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Lol

Sirken, you hold a special place in my heart.

<3

applesauce25r624
07-10-2014, 02:43 AM
Sorry about the anti-climactic ending. But hey, freedom!

you could have lied and written a short story

one paragraph would have been sufficient

iruinedyourday
07-10-2014, 04:34 AM
I trolled poor sick sirken during his stream today about it XD but in like a loving way of course, Sirk... feel better! :D