PDA

View Full Version : Project 1999 Question on Splitpaw

Draugr
12-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Does the worldfile for the Project 1999 server include the original Splitpaw mobs (Splitpaw Gnolls) or the newer mobs (Verishe Mal tribe) that were used to replace the easier Splitpaw clan?

John

Bigcountry23
12-19-2009, 05:23 PM
They were unable to find enough info on the old split paw zone (where spawns are, levels, drops, etc.). so it is SP Rev 1.

Draugr
12-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Drat! I am still longing to return to the original Infected Paw. I know I have a map of IP with the original mob spawn locations, but I don't believe it has stats, drops, etc... :(

I STILL can't believe that there was no information on the original zone floating around the web. The big EQ sites like Allakazam I thought had the original data. I'd understand that they replaced the old data when the new data was used, but I'm surprised they didnh't keep backups of the original material thinking that it would be nice to look back at some point in the future.

Thanks for Responding
John

Cubehacker
12-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Splitpaw was changed I believe all the way back in 1999, sometime during the summer I think. The game had only been out for a few months and there was little to no packet sniffing programs available yet. Thus, even if the spawn points of the named mobs were known on a map or something, it would take a LOT of work to get that zone back to the way it was in 1999, considering most of the (few) sites that held that information are long gone.