PDA

View Full Version : Please add defiant gear.

phacemeltar
07-08-2014, 04:06 PM
lots of people on the server are fighting for multi-boxing to be allowed, but i think that defiant gear would be a better addition. both of these additions are equal imo, but the addition of defiant gear would be better for the community. instead of enabling all players to be able to solo everything, defiant gear would rather enhance the worthiness of lesser-geared and new players.

please everyone help me to get defiant gear release on p99!

iruinedyourday
07-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Bronze/blackened iron/banded for life!

Bboboo
07-08-2014, 04:17 PM
What's with all these charity posts recently?

This is classic EQ not pick and choose EQ.

Rattle Squirrell
07-08-2014, 04:18 PM
I really like this game.....and the player base as of late has been really awesome. I don't think adding in defiant gear would do anything anyways.

Well besides create another breed of character that plays based on gear, rather than based on skill.

iruinedyourday
07-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Just look how sick I look in my avatar with that sick ass bronze armor.

Be a man, wear bronze to the planes.

Daldaen
07-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Except...

2 boxing confirmed classic as fuck
Defiant gear confirmed not classic, and fuck that

Keep it classic on this box. Allow 2 boxing from 2 different computers, force legit UI, cap resists at 255, stop allowing people to move items in bank bags, Sky Quests should all be MQable.

#KeepItClassic
#Yolo
#JKYolManyTimesCauseZergGuildsGettingFTEWithAutofi re

Pint
07-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Look guys I'm posting in a troll topic

Pint
07-08-2014, 04:24 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66008
This is the troll topic y'all should be posting in though srsly

wintersedge3
07-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Keep it classic please do NOT add defiant gear

Glenzig
07-08-2014, 04:33 PM
I'm assuming this is a joke.

Itching
07-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Smelly troll, is smelly troll.

JRW928
07-08-2014, 04:44 PM
I think the name of the server and the concept of aforementioned server are lost on some people.

Rattle Squirrell
07-08-2014, 04:51 PM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4083/5055032357_69d1d1be72.jpg

Laugher
07-08-2014, 04:53 PM
I'll hear your argument and raise you one appropriated SC.jpg (courtesy of Swish?):

http://i.imgur.com/CQg0dil.jpg

defiant gear would be hilarious, the whole game besides maybe Phara Dar loot would be negated lol

JRW928
07-08-2014, 04:55 PM
The simplest answer: those who want Defiant gear can join the live servers (you can even help Arias escape the Mines of Gloomingdeep!). Those of us who don't want Defiant gear (because we understand the definition of Classic EverQuest) can stay on Project 1999.

Laugher
07-08-2014, 04:56 PM
The simplest answer: those who want Defiant gear can join the live servers (you can even help Arias escape the Mines of Gloomingdeep!). Those of us who don't want Defiant gear (because we understand the definition of Classic EverQuest) can stay on Project 1999.

LOL they did do Defiant briefly on Fippy while my friends and I were there (OoW era) still outdid most of the gear at that time.

I was using a swiftblade of zek and some other sweet stuff farmed highkeep for weeks and then defiant came out in the tutorial and the staff didn't want to fix it, so all these lvl 10s were better geared than any of our toons 60-70

iruinedyourday
07-08-2014, 05:00 PM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4083/5055032357_69d1d1be72.jpg

fify

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25736152/EQ/troll.jpg

Swish
07-08-2014, 05:01 PM
I'll hear your argument and raise you one appropriated SC.jpg (courtesy of Swish?):

http://i.imgur.com/CQg0dil.jpg

defiant gear would be hilarious, the whole game besides maybe Phara Dar loot would be negated lol

Well fielded :D

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Men-at-work-Golf-Clap-Short-Charlie-Sheen-and-Emilio-Estevez.gif

Keep that shitty live armor off a classic server.

Troxx
07-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Defiant gear - no

Lol, no.

On live the defiant gear that would drop in a zone like lower guk would be heads and shoulders better than current raid gear. Defiant gear that drops in ... Say ... Kael arena is better than velious raid gear.

Lol, no.

JRW928
07-08-2014, 05:05 PM
I was using a swiftblade of zek and some other sweet stuff farmed highkeep for weeks and then defiant came out in the tutorial and the staff didn't want to fix it, so all these lvl 10s were better geared than any of our toons 60-70

I know the feeling. I logged into the live servers last week for the first time in ages and my level 12 warrior had a full set of the Crude Defiant gear. I went to the Bazaar thinking I might spend some of my 600kpp on some upgrades only to find that the gear I was wearing was better than the stuff I could buy off traders (except for the gear with level restrictions). I just went back to Crescent Reach with my Blade of Carnage and proceeded to decimate mobs until the ease of gameplay bored me to tears and voila! here I am on Project 1999.

iruinedyourday
07-08-2014, 05:11 PM
I dont understand why Rogen and co havent put in some p99 random loots, like a summon corpse stone that randomly drops off mobs, or some like +10000 hp robe or something for fun!

OH WAIT YEA DUH I KNOW WHY

sox7d
07-08-2014, 05:30 PM
ITT: People that have been playing for 4 years don't want their fungis and CoF twinks to be marginalized by new players having fun. 90% are the same players who won't accept someone into a group that doesn't have at least 10k worth of gear at level 4.

Defiant would greatly enhance the server IMO, but will never happen.

Clark
07-08-2014, 05:55 PM
What's with all these charity posts recently?

This is classic EQ not pick and choose EQ.

ripwind
07-08-2014, 06:20 PM
I REALLY LIKE X, BUT Y

fouts85
07-08-2014, 06:29 PM
I normally don't touch any troll/bait threads but NO ,And Sirken post summed it up nice and clean FUCK NO.

Sadre Spinegnawer
07-08-2014, 07:40 PM
I'm assuming this is a joke.

To be a joke, it would have to have some scintilla of actually being funny, to at least one person. This troll post is so bad, it actually permanently hits you with a -20 sense of humor if you read it.

So thanks a lot, OP, because of this post, there are now jokes I will never get, sly pieces of wit that will sail over my head, and simple pleasures of laughter that I will never experience.

GnashingOfTeeth
07-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Live has a server for you.

Messianic
07-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Dumb

jarshale
07-08-2014, 10:14 PM
ITT: People that have been playing for 4 years don't want their fungis and CoF twinks to be marginalized by new players having fun. 90% are the same players who won't accept someone into a group that doesn't have at least 10k worth of gear at level 4.

Defiant would greatly enhance the server IMO, but will never happen.

Defiant gear is dumb as hell. Level 10 gear should not be better than most end game equipment.

Wildino
07-08-2014, 10:36 PM
fuck <Defiant>
fuck Defiant Armor
fuck multi-boxing

Thanks for sig Sirken <3 !

Brynnag
07-08-2014, 10:36 PM
This thread should be moved to RnF coz these fools are mad as hell.

iruinedyourday
07-08-2014, 10:40 PM
This thread should be moved to RnF coz these fools are mad as hell.

What you want it to turn into a discussion about race circa 1847

phacemeltar
07-08-2014, 10:41 PM
just to necro this a little:

what would be the difference between a lvl 10 having a piece of defiant vs a lvl 10 having a fungi/fbss/epic?

iruinedyourday
07-08-2014, 10:45 PM

what would be the difference between a lvl 10 having a piece of defiant vs a lvl 10 having a fungi/fbss/epic?

him or her not having a lvl 60 main. :P

happyhappy
07-08-2014, 10:51 PM

not being classic.

Auvdar
07-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Dumb

webrunner5
07-08-2014, 11:09 PM
To the OP. Why in the fuck don't you just start one character and try to be the best Warrior, Enchanter, Monk, etc. on the whole god damn server and be F'ing happy. Who gives a crap about gear if you can't play your class worth a shit. Almost every Caster class needs no damn gear at all. :( Silly Bastard.

Troxx
07-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Defiant gear would be a lot worse than fungis.

To put things into perspective, the last toon I PL'd on live had 255 to all stats and nearly 4k h/m/e with capped resists. Iirc that toon also had +5 hp regen and +6 mana regen with some mod2s and 30% haste.

This was in the high 30s with just level appropriate defiant gear.

For bards it also gives you instrument mods on visible plate. This includes a singing mod that can otherwise only be found on epic 1.0 on p99 - a game changer.

Winter
07-08-2014, 11:24 PM
while we're at it lets make this server as crappy as live and add all of the expansions and cheesy augs and whatever hell else they want to do to make EQ more like WOW

I vote HELL NO, no defiant gear

lots of people on the server are fighting for multi-boxing to be allowed, but i think that defiant gear would be a better addition. both of these additions are equal imo, but the addition of defiant gear would be better for the community. instead of enabling all players to be able to solo everything, defiant gear would rather enhance the worthiness of lesser-geared and new players.

Yeah Bar Tender I'll take double what he's having

sox7d
07-08-2014, 11:26 PM
him or her not having a lvl 60 main. :P

I love how you're implying that's a positive.

"Don't bother starting on the server if you don't have a lvl 60 twinking you."

Troxx
07-08-2014, 11:39 PM
I started from scratch here recently - it's not bad at all.

Yes I was wearing fine plate until 48. Yes I did farm my own lambent at 48. Yes I'm still wearing lambent at nearly 52.

Making money for decent gear is easy on p99. You don't need a fungi, a haste item, or expensive BiS gear to level up and have fun.

Something as simple as a gnoll hide lariat trivializes the early game which was designed for naked (or cloth wearing) toons with rusty weapons. Selling bone chips gathered in your newbie zone up to level 5 should give you enough cash to buy a set of banded and a cheap magic weapon.

Dragonsblood1987
07-09-2014, 12:01 AM

Get. The fuck. Out.

A lot of ideas have been bounced around to improve the server. This is literally the worst. Pretty sure you meant to post this in rnf.

Dragonsblood1987
07-09-2014, 12:02 AM
fuck <Defiant>
fuck Defiant Armor
fuck multi-boxing

tldr - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXiD0-Z9nsI&feature=youtu.be&t=11s

Vermicelli
07-09-2014, 12:30 AM
fuck <Defiant>
fuck Defiant Armor
fuck multi-boxing

tldr - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXiD0-Z9nsI&feature=youtu.be&t=11s

jarshale
07-09-2014, 07:58 AM

You don't need 50k in gear to be viable in groups. Anyone who thinks that is probably just bad.

Daywolf
07-09-2014, 08:14 AM
lots of people on the server are fighting for multi-boxing to be allowed, kinda like kittens trying to fight their way out of a paper bag kind of fighting? And since the kittens are in there trying to fight their way out anyway, it's reasonable to toss a hungry puppy up into the food pantry? What next, food stamps and night elves?
Uh no.

fastboy21
07-09-2014, 08:59 AM
obvious troll thread.

you might as well ask for mounts or race change potions. nobody here wants this stuff or we wouldn't be here in the first place.

fadetree
07-09-2014, 09:03 AM

Sox, you can't be serious...? You don't actually think defiant gear would help the server be better, do you? If so, well...dang I must have been confused.

fastboy21
07-09-2014, 09:06 AM
You don't need 50k in gear to be viable in groups. Anyone who thinks that is probably just bad.

100% agree.

EQ gearing-price is not an even curve when it comes to benifits. The difference between having 10k in gear and having 50k in gear is somewhat marginal when it comes to your ability to play in experience groups. Best in slot items cost much more than the marginal advantage they give you compared to their cheaper alternatives in classic EQ.

There are some classes that are much more sensitive than others to gearing (tanks for example) and it also makes a much bigger difference at the low levels (someone with a fungi at lvl 1 is superman...but by lvl 60 it just cuts down time) but even then...

unless you are wearing high end raid gear (items which you can't really "buy" anyways) you aren't really all that much more useful in most exp groups. almost universally, i'd rather play with good people who don't afk and know how to play their class well than with someone who is twinked out and a dummy.

Ravager
07-09-2014, 09:39 AM
Since we're asking for non-classic things willy-nilly, how about some armor dyes? Then I no longer have to sacrifice function for form.

Non-classic things I liked, but never want to see on this server because slippery slope:

1.) Armor dyes.
2.) Noob armor quests.
3.) Spell sets.
4.) Charm slot.
5.) Focus effects.
6.) AA's.

Daldaen
07-09-2014, 09:47 AM
I can't wait for Luclin.

Focus Effects and AAs were two of the best additions to this game.

Glenzig
07-09-2014, 09:53 AM
I can't wait for Luclin.

I think its already been stated that they aren't doing luclin on this server. After Velious its going to be custom content. I suppose there could be some luclin additions in the custom content though. It should be interesting to see what happens in 2057. :)

Bill Tetley
07-09-2014, 09:55 AM
lots of people on the server are fighting for multi-boxing to be allowed

Orly? News to me...

Rhambuk
07-09-2014, 09:56 AM
I can't wait for Luclin.

some AA's were terrible. anyone remember manaburn groups?

luclin will kill so much of the heart of this server, people will play but it wont be p99.

Rhambuk
07-09-2014, 09:56 AM
also trolling aside defiant was stupidly good and easy to get, might as well remove vp and planar armor if you add defiant...

Whirled
07-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Since we're asking for non-classic things willy-nilly, how about some armor dyes? Then I no longer have to sacrifice function for form.

Non-classic things I liked, but never want to see on this server because slippery slope:

1.) Armor dyes.
2.) Noob armor quests.
3.) Spell sets.
4.) Charm slot.
5.) Focus effects.
6.) AA's.

/add fishbone darts too then =P

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=1203

dat range^

Cistern
07-09-2014, 12:27 PM
I think modern MMO"RPGs" have clouded people expectations of a good MMORPG. It's not about loot guys. Yeah it's cool to get pixels, but that's not what amazed me about EQ.

Modern MMOs are more like "Solo your way to end-game single player then line up for the carrot-on-a-stick loot whoring game!" EQ is about community, teamwork, friendships, and I know this is hard to believe, ROLEPLAYING. You don't have to get all crazy about it, but a little roleplaying is fun as fuck. and you know it. Fuck defiant gear and I'm glad the devs are so adamant on classic issues.

heartbrand
07-09-2014, 12:37 PM
god speed on this request, they just removed light blue cons and u think this gonna happen? lololl

Nubben
07-09-2014, 12:54 PM
The level 60 (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/search.html?q=elaborate+defiant) defiant gear pretty much renders every non-clicky item in P99's timeline obsolete. If you want to use this gear, there are more than 15 free servers that you can play on where this gear is available.

Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Firiona Vie, Luclin, Povar, The Rathe, Test, Trakanon, Tunare, Vox, Xegony, Zek.

Nuggie
07-09-2014, 12:56 PM
The poll results are in. This was a very unpopular idea. A landslide for the No-Team.

yorumi
07-09-2014, 01:50 PM
I do find it rather funny the poll results look like a big middle finger to the topic creator.

Rattle Squirrell
07-09-2014, 02:08 PM
I do find it rather funny the poll results look like a big middle finger to the topic creator.

Messianic
07-09-2014, 02:09 PM

myriverse
07-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Don't even think about until we get cats!

Rowr! Ft! Ft! Hss!

iruinedyourday
07-09-2014, 03:47 PM

Rowr! Ft! Ft! Hss!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25736152/EQ/barf.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-NrPOMBKnw

phacemeltar
07-09-2014, 03:55 PM
ok so i realize that a full set of defiant gear would obviously be OP and would seriously cripple the game.. but when i made this post, let me clarify here, i was referring to only the defiant weapons. i realize that most of you folks pressed the no button, but i maintain that an idea like this would be a fun addition to the game.

im thinking that the defiant weapon could be used as a template in order to create some sort of GM reward items, like perhaps a tradeable 2hander sword to be the reward of an arena tournament, or a shield or helm or something.

what i like most about defiant armor is how it scales to your level, making it not so OP right off the bat. thats just my suggestion, please add your hate posts now.

ripwind
07-09-2014, 04:32 PM
I can't wait for Luclin.

I laughed.

heartbrand
07-09-2014, 04:33 PM
I laughed.

and what did you laugh about? focus effects balanced the game greatly, and AA's provided a reason to keep logging on.

Kekephee
07-09-2014, 04:39 PM
The hell is defiant gear?

ripwind
07-09-2014, 04:40 PM
and what did you laugh about? focus effects balanced the game greatly, and AA's provided a reason to keep logging on.

There's a reason people keep logging on. And it isn't for AAs and focus items.

Can you imagine how many 60's would be in AOE groups mindlessly grinding AAs?

Ravager
07-09-2014, 04:55 PM
The hell is defiant gear?

Roll a new toon on Live and play for a couple hours. You'll collect a set of armor off random mobs that has better stats than best in slot stuff here.

Kekephee
07-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Roll a new toon on Live and play for a couple hours. You'll collect a set of armor off random mobs that has better stats than best in slot stuff here.

why would anyone want this on p99? There's not even any point in playing this game if you're going to immediately have gear that's like 8x as good as current BIS

TROLL THREAD

EDIT: Oh, he just wanted the weapons. Still seems not so fun to me to have weapons that great on this server. It'd be one thing if this were live and there were 12 billion hp mobs, but we're in kunark here.

Sadre Spinegnawer
07-09-2014, 06:37 PM
I think its already been stated that they aren't doing luclin on this server. After Velious its going to be custom content. I suppose there could be some luclin additions in the custom content though. It should be interesting to see what happens in 2057. :)

Nemo hunts Spock to avenge the destruction of Romulus, and destoys his home planet of Vulcan. Xebuxxuruk then restarts the server.

Clark
07-09-2014, 08:03 PM
What you want it to turn into a discussion about race circa 1847

Who in the what?!:confused:

Messianic
07-10-2014, 11:12 AM

Rowr! Ft! Ft! Hss!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25736152/EQ/barf.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-NrPOMBKnw

Cats on the moon or wipe it clean

Brynnag
07-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Cats on the moon or wipe it clean

cats on the moon AND wipe it clean. Also disable all models but cats

Ahldagor
07-10-2014, 01:33 PM
http://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles/a359_Dennis.jpg

sox7d
07-10-2014, 07:05 PM
ITT: People convincing themselves that they enjoy waiting 5 hours to get the camp to wait 8 hours to get a hooded black cloak.

stakha
07-10-2014, 07:52 PM
I think modern MMO"RPGs" have clouded people expectations of a good MMORPG. It's not about loot guys. Yeah it's cool to get pixels, but that's not what amazed me about EQ.

Modern MMOs are more like "Solo your way to end-game single player then line up for the carrot-on-a-stick loot whoring game!" EQ is about community, teamwork, friendships, and I know this is hard to believe, ROLEPLAYING. You don't have to get all crazy about it, but a little roleplaying is fun as fuck. and you know it. Fuck defiant gear and I'm glad the devs are so adamant on classic issues.

yorumi
07-10-2014, 08:05 PM
ITT: People convincing themselves that they enjoy waiting 5 hours to get the camp to wait 8 hours to get a hooded black cloak.

You can joke about it but to some people loot isn't everything. Obviously everyone is out for loot but to a lot of people the journey is far more fun and loot is a means of feeding the drive to constantly improve. Modern MMOs arn't exactly scarce and anyone here can play one at any time. Heck anyone can log into live eq now and get defiant gear. So it's not like people don't have a point of comparison. I have my choice of any MMO on the market, including ones that arn't free, money is in no way a determining factor. I'm playing p99, that kind of says it all.

Laugher
07-10-2014, 09:15 PM
fuck <Defiant>

http://i.imgur.com/uT24QfQ.png

SCB
07-10-2014, 09:34 PM

Ive never met a single serious roleplayer on the entire server. The RnF forum alone is proof positive that endgame is 95% composed of rabid lootwhores. Modern MMOs are also about community and friendships. The devs aren't adamant about classic issues - they're adamant about a classic EXPERIENCE (a subtle difference that allows for slight custom rulesets to better enforce a classic "flavor" over true classic play).

All your arguments are silly except one: Defiant gear is a retarded idea on a server that has a thriving population of mixed-level characters.

Leeyuuduu
07-10-2014, 09:52 PM
Now would seem a proper time to bring back quartering
http://www.duhaime.org/Portals/duhaime/images/drawn-and-quartered.jpg

But there won't be quartering, and you know why?
Because horses are post-velious, so fuck you

Wildino
07-10-2014, 10:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uT24QfQ.png

Kos ...

sox7d
07-10-2014, 11:27 PM
You guys are acting like it would completely break the game.

A warrior in full VP still can't solo sebilis. They're still gonna need a group. All this does is put everyone on the same level so they can just PLAY the game rather than being loot obsessed and spending hours upon hours getting slightly better gear that has a negligible effect on your character.

I love how the people against defiant gear are telling us that "MMOS AREN'T ALL AOBUT GETTING PHAT LEWTZ, GO PLAY THE WOW GEAR RAT RACE."

iruinedyourday
07-10-2014, 11:41 PM
eh, i just dont want anything post velious in this project.. but I am lucky because it happens that there are like 4k people (including rogen) that want exactly what I want so woo!

no surprise that everyone isnt on same page tho, heh such is life.

yorumi
07-10-2014, 11:44 PM

A warrior in full VP still can't solo sebilis. They're still gonna need a group. All this does is put everyone on the same level so they can just PLAY the game rather than being loot obsessed and spending hours upon hours getting slightly better gear that has a negligible effect on your character.

I love how the people against defiant gear are telling us that "MMOS AREN'T ALL AOBUT GETTING PHAT LEWTZ, GO PLAY THE WOW GEAR RAT RACE."

By the mere existence of stats, levels, and gear MMOs arn't designed to put everyone on a level playing field. You're asking for a free handout of the best gear that would ever exist in the entire game, and you see nothing at all wrong with this? The reason people are so against this is because this extreme entitlement mentality is exactly what ruined mmos. "gimmie everything free and yesterday just for pressing the login button, whah I hate the fact that I have to earn my gear, why doesn't the entire world revolve around me."

If you want defiant gear go play eq live, it's right there waiting for you. If you want welfare gear handouts go play literally any other MMO on the face of the earth. I promise you gear rains from the sky for no effort. If you don't like a game that requires time and effort to advance your character than classic EQ is not the game for you.

Messianic
07-10-2014, 11:48 PM

When it would fundamentally change the pre-50 game (and likely the 50-60 game as well), this is a fair projection

All this does is put everyone on the same level so they can just PLAY the game

The game doesn't start at level 50

rather than being loot obsessed

Most of the pre-50 crowd without level 60 mains/alts is anything but this

and spending hours upon hours getting slightly better gear that has a negligible effect on your character.

Most of these people wouldn't be helped that much by defiant

No, they're saying the journey is actually relevant in games like EQ. It really isn't in WoW since WoW truly "begins" at max level. Defiant gear manages to make the game more WoW-like than WoW. That's how colossally bad you've misinterpreted this situation.

Maybe we should eliminate named mobs dropping loot? That makes the game a camp-fest, right? We should make those important pieces of loot the product of a quest line that requires a certain number of faction medallions you earn by grouping in dungeons. Oh, and we're installing NPCs that can automatically group people together and teleport them to dungeon entrances. Just to make the circle complete.

fastboy21
07-10-2014, 11:54 PM
in other news, adding defiant gear to p99 is almost as popular as president obama in the middle east.

iruinedyourday
07-11-2014, 12:06 AM
in other news, adding defiant gear to p99 is almost as popular as president obama in the middle east.

yet still more popular than him in Alabama...

SCB
07-11-2014, 12:17 AM
yet still more popular than him in Alabama...

This country would have been better off had Lincoln hanged every man, woman, and child who supported the Confederacy and given their lands and fortunes to the freed slaves. The Deep South has been nothing but an embarrassment since this country's inception.

I digress, though. Defiant gear is a bad idea for this server and is wholly unclassic.

yorumi
07-11-2014, 12:20 AM
This country would have been better off had Lincoln hanged every man, woman, and child who supported the Confederacy and given their lands and fortunes to the freed slaves. The Deep South has been nothing but an embarrassment since this country's inception.

I digress, though. Defiant gear is a bad idea for this server and is wholly unclassic.

Ah bigotry at it's finest.

SCB
07-11-2014, 12:22 AM
Ah bigotry at it's finest.

You don't know what "bigot" means.

Clark
07-11-2014, 02:10 AM
in other news, adding defiant gear to p99 is almost as popular as president obama in the middle east. :)

Argh
07-11-2014, 02:21 AM
Good thing there's not a suggestion box for you to be filling up with all your shitty ideas.

Troxx
07-11-2014, 04:28 AM

The country would have therefore also been better if France had invaded the US and hanged every man, woman, and child of non-native american origin and given the land back to the natives ...

slavery, oppression, genocide, social injustice ... such is the plight of human existence

Point is ... yes, your words imply that you are indeed a bigot.

As for the rest of us ... all we can hope is that we get a little better at getting along with each passing generation.

Seredoc
07-11-2014, 06:52 AM
The country would have therefore also been better if France had invaded the US and hanged every man, woman, and child of non-native american origin and given the land back to the natives ...

slavery, oppression, genocide, social injustice ... such is the plight of human existence

Point is ... yes, your words imply that you are indeed a bigot.

As for the rest of us ... all we can hope is that we get a little better at getting along with each passing generation.

Agree with this guy, defiant gear is a terrible idea. Also;

Bigot

big-ot noun \ˈbi-gət\

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Brynnag
07-11-2014, 06:59 AM
Agree with this guy, defiant gear is a terrible idea. Also;

Bigot

big-ot noun \ˈbi-gət\

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

omg im a bigot

fadetree
07-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Now would seem a proper time to bring back quartering
http://www.duhaime.org/Portals/duhaime/images/drawn-and-quartered.jpg

But there won't be quartering, and you know why?
Because horses are post-velious, so fuck you

lol +1
creative and topical

aldred
07-11-2014, 09:03 AM
http://i58.tinypic.com/206zacp.png

The fuck :confused:

Messianic
07-11-2014, 10:23 AM

Off topic, but this deserves to be answered.

Uh. Because mass executions *always* lead to peace and prosperity...? Also, multiple countries have actually tried that. After you murder those people, who's there to morally argue against others killing those whom you've given possessions? No one. It becomes a cycle.

I hope you're not serious. If you are, you're a jackass and an idiot.

The truth is Abraham Lincoln was a fascist a-hole. Arresting judges, suspending core civil liberties at will...It's an embarrassment that so many people treat him like some great, moral man.

They should have let the south do whatever they hell they wanted and offered amnesty to former slaves.

Every economy based on slavery stays in the middle ages. Every. Single. One. It was already plainly evident at the time of the civil war - it mired the country in an agricultural state because economically it forced the cost of agricultural labor into the floor (and by extension increased the cost of skilled labor, slowing advancements in manufacturing/etc) and prevented the region from moving forward technologically.

The south would have begged back into the union after 50-75% of their slaves made it to the north and their economy was nonexistent. That, or the north could have just bought out their states after they went bankrupt.

Gaffin 7.0
07-11-2014, 10:25 AM
delete thread

hope this helps

myriverse
07-11-2014, 02:20 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/206zacp.png

The fuck :confused:
"Multiple Choice Poll"

Clark
07-11-2014, 02:21 PM
delete thread

hope this helps

DetroitVelvetSmooth
07-11-2014, 02:30 PM
delete thread

hope this helps

sox7d
07-11-2014, 05:31 PM
delete thread

hope this helps

There are many non-classic things that would improve the server such as removing hybrid penalty early, in-game maps, incentive to group over soloing and removing epic MQs/recharging, but while there will never be a consensus on these things, the best course of action is to keep things classic.

That is why this thread is pointless and defiant armor will never be added.

Mockba1980
07-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Wait a minute! Defiant gear ?
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5012373504/h0DBB8CF9/

Yinikren
07-11-2014, 08:04 PM
That gif is fairly amusing.

Daywolf
07-11-2014, 09:42 PM
There are many non-classic things that would improve the server such as removing hybrid penalty early, in-game maps, incentive to group over soloing and removing epic MQs/recharging, but while there will never be a consensus on these things, the best course of action is to keep things classic.

in-game maps suck. So does compass and even sense direction. And /loc should be removed while also adding random weap drop direction. This leaving best you could do is look at the sky. But SOE wanted to make things easy, and then even easier, then easier yet, so we are stuck with what is, which is better than most would want *cough*
I'd even double exp requirements :D (though at launch, not at this point here)

Torino
07-13-2014, 05:07 AM
Sirken, being an Ex VZ player/Zek player

<Defiant> would have killed you.

Nitsude
07-13-2014, 05:50 AM

Stop talking.