PDA

View Full Version : Blacksmithing Question.

Valdarious
07-11-2014, 04:08 PM
I am looking for small armor molds. I have looked on the wiki and for instance, the banded mask mold. I can not find a small anywhere in the information listed. Other than Cabalis I have visited all the other places.
I am doing something wrong? Is making small banded done a different way or do I really need to find a small mask mold in order to make a small banded mask?

Whirled
07-11-2014, 04:22 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Small_Mail_Sectional_Mold

hope this helps man. Good luck!

Clark
07-11-2014, 04:30 PM
The gnomes must have their small molds!

Shodo
07-11-2014, 04:35 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Small_Mask_Mold

Should be on any of those vendors. I've used the vendor in Misty Thicket several times to make sets of small banded without issue.

Dragonsblood1987
07-11-2014, 09:26 PM
I am looking for small armor molds. I have looked on the wiki and for instance, the banded mask mold. I can not find a small anywhere in the information listed. Other than Cabalis I have visited all the other places.
I am doing something wrong? Is making small banded done a different way or do I really need to find a small mask mold in order to make a small banded mask?

go over the bridge and through the gate in neriak commons, hang a right, then a left at the fountain. in front of you is a building. from teh fountain you can see a blueberry standing on the second floor of that building (its walls are open and theres a railing). he sells small molds

Valdarious
07-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Cool, I appreciate the info. I see by that link I can find it in BB. I am a dwarf and that will help.

kaev
07-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Yeah, one of the stone huts outside Kaladim, that's where I always went to get small banded molds with my smith. When you get far enough along in your smithing you'll find small fine-plate molds at the NPC forge in the inner part of Kaladim (thru the tunnel to right of bank).

Valdarious
07-14-2014, 07:04 AM
I have another question and figured I would just continue it here. I have my skill up to 175 now.
I have been following the wiki to get it to this point and was curious if there was possibly another way to raise it using bought supplies. I want to make myself an Ornate set but was curious if there was an easier way of raising the skill other than specifically dropped supplies.
The char doing the tradeskill is only level 9. I have one or two other characters that might be able to farm the small bricks of high quality but that will be a very slow process. The highest level toon I have right now is 21 and curious about how well he would do in a place like HHK for goblins. I am assuming well but never hunted there before.

*Edit- wow, I really need to read more into this. I now see I can buy Medium quality and work on fine steel. lol

weirdguy508
07-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Got my own little question I'll throw in here. How much plat would you say it takes to go from 0 to about 150 or so. What ever trivial is for banded.

Shodo
07-14-2014, 09:44 AM
Got my own little question I'll throw in here. How much plat would you say it takes to go from 0 to about 150 or so. What ever trivial is for banded.

Banded trivials at 175. If I had to guess... probably about 500p. But it really depends a lot on luck and your str/wis/int. If neither your wis nor your int is very high, ask a high level shaman in ec for a str buff - the extra strength will make a huge difference in your chance to get a skillup.

weirdguy508
07-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Banded trivials at 175. If I had to guess... probably about 500p. But it really depends a lot on luck and your str/wis/int. If neither your wis nor your int is very high, ask a high level shaman in ec for a str buff - the extra strength will make a huge difference in your chance to get a skillup.

Whew I'll pass on that for now. Being only level 9 right now I still have a few better things to invest 500 into. Thanks though I'll keep that in mind when I do decide to level it, if I do lol.

Valdarious
07-14-2014, 09:48 AM
I think I ended up going through about 600p to get to around 175. If done by making banded for other people, it would have been cheaper. I wanted to get the skill points as fast as I could though.
I did not use any training points to start off. I started making stuff from skill 1 on.
I think it might also be a different story if some stats were different. I had no int or wis gear when making stuff and I am not sure which stat would have helped me out.

Shodo
07-14-2014, 09:59 AM
I had no int or wis gear when making stuff and I am not sure which stat would have helped me out.

For all tradeskills, you use either int or wis - whichever is higher. For smithing, you substitute str (if higher than int/wis) and for tailoring and fletching you substitute dex (if higher thanmint/wis). There's a
calculator on the eqtc website that you can play around with to see the actual effects of higher/lower stats. At 193 skill and 115 str, going for a trivial of 208, for example: getting my str to 182 with a str buff ends up doubling my chance of getting a skillup to about 10% - which is a big deal when dumping money on fine steel.

Valdarious
07-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Cool, thanks for the info. I knew it was a good idea to ask that shaman for a STR buff at one point. If not for skill help but to move those damn blocks of ore, made things go by so much quicker. To make the sheets of metal it was painful without a buff. With the STR and sow buff, moving the ore in Kaladim was easy.
I had all of my STR equipment on and that was it so I could move more ore at a time.