PDA

View Full Version : PL as a shaman?

TrendyDru
07-14-2014, 07:04 PM
I've got some guildes I was going to see about helping them level some characters with my shaman. What's a good way of PL for shamans? Just buff and keep them healed? DoT and zone?

username17
07-14-2014, 07:18 PM
All you need is a jaundiced BP and you're better than a druid. lol
In all seriousness, I usually haste, sow, regen and str buff all the melee players I find. Not as good a uber druid DS but it works.

indiscriminate_hater
07-14-2014, 07:22 PM
levels 1-20 druid, 20+ monk

Rhambuk
07-14-2014, 07:38 PM

then what like 40+ bard? :P

powerleveling as a shaman is pretty lackluster, throw on the buffs and make sure they don't die...

captnamazing
07-14-2014, 07:40 PM
I've got some guildes I was going to see about helping them level some characters with my shaman. What's a good way of PL for shamans? Just buff and keep them healed? DoT and zone?

I once had a shaman Pl my level 15 Enchanter in Oasis. What he did was pull specs off the island to the South Ro zone. Then he'd root them and dot them up, and hold aggro via proximity while i tagged them with my knife. Then he'd zone and the dots would kill the mobs, but I'd get the exp.

indiscriminate_hater
07-14-2014, 07:40 PM
oh woops pling AS a shaman. yeah just buff like crazy. throw a dot on the mob that takes less then half their HP to expedite killing

indiscriminate_hater
07-14-2014, 07:42 PM
I once had a shaman Pl my level 15 Enchanter in Oasis. What he did was pull specs off the island to the South Ro zone. Then he'd root them and dot them up, and hold aggro via proximity while i tagged them with my knife. Then he'd zone and the dots would kill the mobs, but I'd get the exp.

good method but not worth it, level 15 killing a 35 mob is same exp as killing an 18 mob

Daldaen
07-14-2014, 08:17 PM
good method but not worth it, level 15 killing a 35 mob is same exp as killing an 18 mob

He may have been doing that before the EXP Cap fix.

Troxx
07-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Bards can porcupine PL low levels pretty fast for classes without pbaoe. Pull a wad of mobs - aggro with ae slow - let them tag mobs then use SS bracer + song DS to kill them off. This method can be used reliably up to the point where it either takes forever for mobs to die or the wad of mobs starts to overcome regen songs.

At higher levels if memory serves correctly you can charm a mob at low health - break - and let the PLee finish off for full xp.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
07-14-2014, 08:40 PM
If you are pl'ing melee that have decent weapons you can root tank.

I power levelled a rogue in the basement of befallen and just root tanked + positioned. Would probably be even faster with ds Bp. Best part? Level 16 Necros usually have higher level pets for double the xp.

Really only good till about 22 but we did 8-22 in a few hours.

Frogie305
07-14-2014, 09:05 PM
If you are pl'ing melee that have decent weapons you can root tank.

I power levelled a rogue in the basement of befallen and just root tanked + positioned. Would probably be even faster with ds Bp. Best part? Level 16 Necros usually have higher level pets for double the xp.

Really only good till about 22 but we did 8-22 in a few hours.

This is pretty much what i do. Root tank for the rogue, summon a pet to help Damage ( not out damage him). Shaman DS pots + jaundiced. = $$ Eventually the rogue does more damage and i can start to DoT. This works well until about level 45, Mind you the rogue i was helping was well funded. Epic/Fungi/ETC, and i have PE so that helps out. This will work for any melee classes just adjust the damage output to his. Stay out of highly populated zones cause stealing XP from groups/Solo's is lame. Nurga/Droga is some GOOD XP and super empty. From 20-30 Hit up High keep in the early mornings its barren. At 30 hit nurga until 35-38. At 38 head on over to Droga and hit up the money camps !!! make some plat while you help your friend.

HeallunRumblebelly
07-14-2014, 09:23 PM

1-40 cleric, 40-50 bard (if pb aoe) otherwise 40-60 chardok.

Huck
07-14-2014, 09:31 PM
If it's a melee class after level 20 it's just a matter of pulling steady blues/whites as fast as possible (non caster obviously). Back in the day on live (haven't done on P99) once mob was at 45% I'd have the puppy kill it while pulling the next mob and basically have it ready to and waiting once enough damage was done on first mob. Maxed all skills his way, constantly pulled etc. Heal buff when needed. You can pull with slow at lower levels (and will have to at higher levels) b/c mob will be pissed at you for first 20% dmg, after the next 35% you are root rooting, JBB, Dog, etc.

Enchanter is fun to plevel once they get mem blur. Just so 99% damage, Mem blur until sticks then nuke for 1% - it's been 13 years since I've tried this so it could've changed vs here. I'm sure an enchanter can speak more here.

Invoke
07-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't a shaman charm an animal. Beat another animal down. Then break charm and let the PLee finish the mobs for full experience?

TrendyDru
07-14-2014, 10:10 PM
The guys are in their 30s and low 40s so I was thinking root rot and zone to do multiples at once. I didn't know if there was some trick I didn't know about. Thanks for the input.

iruinedyourday
07-14-2014, 10:59 PM
Youll have that guardians group in no time XD

kenzar
07-15-2014, 12:53 AM
I PL'd a rogue from 10-60 using the root/position tanking method. Didn't take long at all.

webrunner5
07-15-2014, 12:58 AM
Wow, a Shaman pretty much sucks for PLing, sorry. Start a Druid, Monk or believe it or not a Mage to do that stuff. I pretty much gave up PLing any more on here, just too many people playing here as of late. Not much into throwing low level people under the bus in the better zones to PL in. Not fair to them to make me a buck.

Taminy
07-15-2014, 02:43 AM
Low-mid level melee class buff them and heal them as needed with a steady stream of mobs. If you have access to a fungi let them borrow it. fungi and chloroplast is going to help a lot at low level. Don't bother slowing not really worth it. Pet barely worth it here. Dots not worth it.

Mid-high level melee class buff them and slow mobs ie normal melee + shaman duo method. Dot mob if needed/have mana and/or send in pet as needed to do less than 50% of the damage. With a rogue unless really low level you're going to want to root tank. With other melee you can do it too - but even with Jaundiced BP you're still going to burn a bunch of plat if you want to use DS potions and at that point you might as well hire a different pleveler.

So see the problem here? With shaman PL the plevelee is going to have to do 51% of the damage and unless you use DS potions that's 51% of total mob health. Not 51% of non-DS damage. :( Better to take that money and hire a druid!

Dot and zone is not really worth it in most cases either.

Casters you're hardly doing anything other than adding safety if they screw up. Can't really generalize what to do other than high HP mobs maybe slow them, heal pets, etc. With a shaman plevel casters are just going to be limited by their mana for damage like normal. And you can't speed it up (other than healing someone who is doing hp -> mana) Also you're not even going to be able to hold aggro on a bunch of stuff to let them AoE it down without burning all of your own mana.

Anyway shaman plevel works and is safe but it's far slower than other plevel.

Flamewraith
07-15-2014, 04:04 AM
Wow, a Shaman pretty much sucks for PLing, sorry. Start a Druid, Monk or believe it or not a Mage

Do explain.

Clark
07-15-2014, 04:26 AM
Slow tank mobs + blind for agro so you aren't wasting mana mass healing the low level you're PLing. If they're a melee you can slow then root mob though, and have them tank if you preferred.

Yinikren
07-15-2014, 06:29 AM
Mage PL: Pet down till the mob starts fleeing, reclaim, PLee kills. Not hard.

Droxx
07-15-2014, 06:37 AM
Mage PL: Pet down till the mob starts fleeing, reclaim, PLee kills. Not hard.

Step 1) get a mage focus item as a shaman
Step 2) do this

it's good for casters and low level peoples.

mgellan
07-21-2014, 10:04 PM
For fast lvl 10-25? Kilva's Skin of Flame, pull a bajillion mobs with Disempower, then have the PLee hit them once for full XP. Shammies pretty tough but keep you can Regrowth on and Torpor / whatever. Combine potion with druid/mage DS for ultimate damage. Works great on the Orc Highway if it's not busy, or in Runnyeye since it's always empty. As the PLee gets higher slow tanking and buff and haste the PLee can be ok.

Regards,
Mg

webrunner5
07-21-2014, 10:13 PM
Shamans are always OOM PLing. Simple as that. You are NOT going to slow 15 mobs you pull in Unrest. Get a grip. Good God people. Druids have thorns on both themselves and the people they are Pling. Monks have FD, Mages dismiss their pets, Shamans Dog suck at DPS. How hard is this. This is a 15 year old game people. Shamans suck at Pling. That is what I am going to explain. Wow!

The best way to PL is for the person that is doing the Pling is to get hit 10 times or more than the person that you are PLing. They only have to hit a mob once or twice, not 100 times. How the hell are you going to Canni Dance when you are getting hit by 20 mobs at a time in a zone??? Jesus, some people act like they have not played this game for over 3 months in their F'ing life on here!

mgellan
07-21-2014, 10:51 PM
Dunno what kind of shammy you play, but my 60 can run around Runnyeye all day casting disempower on mobs and not be OOM LOL... Why the heck would I cannidance when I can Torpor and Canni all day? Why would you SLOW mobs that kill themselves HITTING YOU. Have you actually played a shaman higher than 30?

Regards,
Mg

webrunner5
07-21-2014, 11:15 PM
Dunno what kind of shammy you play, but my 60 can run around Runnyeye all day casting disempower on mobs and not be OOM LOL... Why the heck would I cannidance when I can Torpor and Canni all day? Why would you SLOW mobs that kill themselves HITTING YOU. Have you actually played a shaman higher than 30?

Regards,
Mg

You are dumb as shit no better way to state it, sorry.

mgellan
07-21-2014, 11:17 PM

Evidently a Druid worried about losing his PL clientele LOL :)

Regards,
Mg

indiscriminate_hater
07-21-2014, 11:18 PM

Calm the Jimmies son. It's not worth it

Pringles
07-22-2014, 01:16 AM
For fast lvl 10-25? Kilva's Skin of Flame, pull a bajillion mobs with Disempower, then have the PLee hit them once for full XP. Shammies pretty tough but keep you can Regrowth on and Torpor / whatever. Combine potion with druid/mage DS for ultimate damage. Works great on the Orc Highway if it's not busy, or in Runnyeye since it's always empty. As the PLee gets higher slow tanking and buff and haste the PLee can be ok.

This. Pots expensive though but whatever.

Clark
07-22-2014, 04:18 AM
Calm the Jimmies son. It's not worth it

Lol

blondeattk
07-22-2014, 06:16 AM
`Pots expensive though but whatever.`

hmm ~18pp per click for 12min duration, assuming self made.

too lazy to go get calc, but think thats correct.