PDA

View Full Version : The cost of Chardok AE, 55-60

Laugher
07-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Hey all,

So I was recently thinking about ways to level to 60 that wouldn't involve sitting in KC. On Freddi I'm a half elf druid and have been considering skipping trying out seb for the moment and getting straight to the point by doing Chardok AE.

My question was does anyone have some kind of rough estimate of the xp gained at each level 55-60 per pull (lets say, an average sized pull or an average range)?

Erati
07-16-2014, 11:19 AM
charm kill in bear pits

dont do Chardok it ruins good people

Rhambuk
07-16-2014, 11:27 AM
I did dok ae pl once, years ago. my opinion is its a huge waste of money and just supports that kind of behavior. aaanyway, if you want to just go to sleep and wake up 60 its the way to go and if money isn't important than why not.

the people that sell spots for pl will tell you how amazing the exp is blahblah, again I personally did not find it to be even close to half of what is being charged but that's me.

Daldaen
07-16-2014, 11:30 AM
charm kill in bear pits

This. Perma bear pits are so easy once you're down there that it's like PLing yourself.

Swish
07-16-2014, 01:26 PM
What's the difference between League of Legends and Chardok AOE?

No difference, people get incredibly mad over the slightest mistake.

Chardok AOE needs a good troll ;)

daasgoot
07-16-2014, 02:05 PM
to answer the question you asked.

you can expect 8-12% per pull depending on class/lvl makeup of EXP group and how many mobs the Puller is bringing.

Man0warr
07-16-2014, 02:14 PM
55-57 you can get ~10% per pull (every 20ish minutes) so around 20k per level.

58 it drops off to ~8-9%, and 59 is anywhere between 4-7% depending on how many hybrids are in the exp group.

blondeattk
07-16-2014, 02:17 PM
SWISH yyou FUKIN BASTARD!!!!

how dare you adulterate flat eric!!

twat!

zanderklocke
07-16-2014, 02:21 PM
55-57 you can get ~10% per pull (every 20ish minutes) so around 20k per level.

58 it drops off to ~8-9%, and 59 is anywhere between 4-7% depending on how many hybrids are in the exp group.

Sheesh. That's spendy.

Daldaen
07-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Every 20min is quite optimistic. That's assuming no wipes and assuming no one leaves.

HeallunRumblebelly
07-16-2014, 02:40 PM
Every 20min is quite optimistic. That's assuming no wipes and assuming no one leaves.

not to mention repops are 20 minutes. it's about every 26 assuming everything goes perfectly.

Swish
07-16-2014, 02:47 PM
SWISH yyou FUKIN BASTARD!!!!

how dare you adulterate flat eric!!

twat!

:-O

Flat Eric would play on red, this shouldn't be surprising.

Man0warr
07-16-2014, 03:29 PM

When I do Chardok, there are very rarely wipes. But I also generally don't do PUG Chardok - I will wake up early on the weekend and make my own group and keep it mostly the same people while I'm there.

40 pulls last weekend and we had maybe 3 wipes.

Sheesh. That's spendy.

It's better xp/plat then any other powerleveling in this level range, but yeah. I mostly trade proxies with guildies though so it doesn't cost me a dime to level my alts.

zanderklocke
07-16-2014, 03:38 PM
It's better xp/plat then any other powerleveling in this level range, but yeah. I mostly trade proxies with guildies though so it doesn't cost me a dime to level my alts.

I know for a fact that my PLing is cheaper level 54 and below...it's like 3.5K per level for level 50-54. I don't think Chardok is that cheap? I can't say I've ever tried PLing anyone 55 or above though.

Vyal
07-16-2014, 03:39 PM
Well when I proxy people I don't charge if you get less then 100 xp hits, normally im pulling 140 if the group is good and everyone is on the ball I will pull 180.
At 120 per pull your getting 6% at 59 with no hybrids.

But you sit there the pulls come every 18 minutes once clear is called you loot all the corpses as fast as ya can, if you loot fast enough you could maybe make 500 - 1k plat per pull on gems and other items so really if your not sitting there AFK for hours your only paying 1k per pull.

And tons of druid spells drop there also.

Gel Mibson
07-16-2014, 03:45 PM
isn't the point of EQ to enjoy the road to 60? P99 makes me sick sometimes.

zanderklocke
07-16-2014, 03:46 PM

Nah...the point is to get best in slot loot for you main and then do the same thing again for your alts until you have done that for every single class in the game. :rolleyes:

Cyrano
07-16-2014, 03:53 PM
charm kill in bear pits

This is the right answer.

Tulnavara
07-16-2014, 03:54 PM

The point of any game is to play in whichever way you enjoy.

Oleris
07-16-2014, 03:57 PM
I wish I had the money to do it. Maybe I will try it on my next character once my necro hits 60.

Swish
07-16-2014, 03:57 PM

Typical response here...

http://i.imgur.com/QcKiNCF.jpg

kaev
07-16-2014, 04:00 PM

Well, my fun in EQ is similar to what you're suggesting. I come here to play the game, rather than to game the game. Being social with randoms in the occasional pickup group and with guildies in raids and guild groups is what I love here. But, the thing about an open-world MMO like EQ is that there's room for lots of different ways to have fun. Well, excepting bards of course, bards are a curse, just ask Zander. ;)

Daldaen
07-16-2014, 04:00 PM
I know for a fact that my PLing is cheaper level 54 and below...it's like 3.5K per level for level 50-54. I don't think Chardok is that cheap? I can't say I've ever tried PLing anyone 55 or above though.

Mmm definitely need to catch you online to level my AEing Alts. Nomnomnom.

Laugher
07-16-2014, 04:39 PM
Thanks for all the responses here guys, couple things:

charm kill in bear pits

lol'd irl, you make Chardok AE sound like selling drugs Eratani :eek:

^picture soon to come

I could afford 1-1.5 levels there, and ya not sure if I'd wanna watch my plat fly outta my hands for that; if I were a better pbaoe class maybe lol.

Thanks for the averages on xp per pull guys, that does clarify a lot in regards to this plan

Think I'll do it up proper and grind it out (not far away at this point from 60 anyway.. give or take the worst hell lvl on the server), bought my up to date charm spell and think I might take that avenue.

Thulack
07-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Thanks for all the responses here guys, couple things:

lol'd irl, you make Chardok AE sound like selling drugs Eratani :eek:

^picture soon to come

I could afford 1-1.5 levels there, and ya not sure if I'd wanna watch my plat fly outta my hands for that; if I were a better pbaoe class maybe lol.

Thanks for the averages on xp per pull guys, that does clarify a lot in regards to this plan

Think I'll do it up proper and grind it out (not far away at this point from 60 anyway.. give or take the worst hell lvl on the server), bought my up to date charm spell and think I might take that avenue.

Whatever gets Freddi ingame works :)

Tulnavara
07-16-2014, 05:15 PM
Mmm definitely need to catch you online to level my AEing Alts. Nomnomnom.

Zander PLs is pretty damn good. Wouldn't give my plat to any other bard. Cool dude too.

Sadre Spinegnawer
07-16-2014, 05:22 PM
On live I only started to AE when aa's came into the game. Those were just a drag to have to grind, I just wanted the skills, and so there I was, sitting for hours doing shrooms in Fungus Grove.

Outside of aa's, I can't imagine wanting to ae exp except maybe one or two nights. It's soul crushingly boring. And yes, the whole way this thing has developed on this server? Ew.

I would rather just grind out exp and dungeon crawl (I'm an enchanter). As a druid, you have your own options.

Unless you have a need to level asap for raiding and/or guild reasons, I would just enjoy the ride.

Rhambuk
07-16-2014, 05:31 PM
On live I only started to AE when aa's came into the game. Those were just a drag to have to grind, I just wanted the skills, and so there I was, sitting for hours doing shrooms in Fungus Grove.

Outside of aa's, I can't imagine wanting to ae exp except maybe one or two nights. It's soul crushingly boring. And yes, the whole way this thing has developed on this server? Ew.

I would rather just grind out exp and dungeon crawl (I'm an enchanter). As a druid, you have your own options.

Unless you have a need to level asap for raiding and/or guild reasons, I would just enjoy the ride.

I don't think my wizard has killed one mob in over 6 months.

slow ride

SCB
07-16-2014, 07:32 PM
In terms of sheer xp: I got 76% of level 59 in one day (like a 10-12-hour stint counting wipes and replacing a couple dudes) of chardok aoe. It's definitely the fastest exp I've ever encountered. I loved chardok aoe because I could play at work (at my old job) and not miss a thing.