PDA

View Full Version : Question about rules

Dakidd4990
07-17-2014, 07:15 PM
Hi guys. I just had a quick question and a search didn't yield anything. I have 2 accounts with IP Exemption one that I play on primarily and another that my brother and sometimes dad/GF will play on when they feel like playing with me. None of them play all that much anymore and I have a char or 2 on the 2nd account as well. My question is exactly at what point is it considered 2 boxing? I don't want to break any rules. Would I be breaking a rule if I had 1 account logged in and another sitting at character select for easily switching between accounts? So I can just log out and switch easily to a character on the other account without having to log out and re-enter credentials and log back in?

I can't imagine why server select would be an issue. But I just want to make sure. As long as I don't have 2 characters in the game at once I'm ok right?

Edit: I somehow posted twice accidentally :( Sorry. Feel free to delete one of the threads.

quido
07-17-2014, 07:16 PM
You're not supposed to have a 2nd character at character select unless it's a second person playing it. They would probably warn you and then suspend you if you didn't stop.

iruinedyourday
07-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Edit: I somehow posted twice accidentally :( Sorry. Feel free to delete one of the threads.

rofl ironic

Dakidd4990
07-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Ah damn that sucks :( Ok thanks man

August
07-17-2014, 07:25 PM
The temptation is great.

My wife played with me on a shaman until level 40 and she got bored of dying to DDoS attacks.

She quit playing, and i started playing her shaman. Now I have two accounts with viable characters on them.

I have thought about asking to take off the IP exemption, just to remove the temptation of doing my own transfers.

I do get her to log on and help me do transfers, though :)

Dakidd4990
07-17-2014, 07:57 PM
The temptation is great.

My wife played with me on a shaman until level 40 and she got bored of dying to DDoS attacks.

She quit playing, and i started playing her shaman. Now I have two accounts with viable characters on them.

I have thought about asking to take off the IP exemption, just to remove the temptation of doing my own transfers.

I do get her to log on and help me do transfers, though :)Despite how it may sound. I really had no intention of 2 boxing. I just wanted to be able to easily switch between characters. It's tedious to log completely out and back in to switch chars :/

Thulack
07-17-2014, 08:06 PM
well considering you can sit at server select on a account that isnt IP exempt i'm sure thats the allowed spot to sit.

Tankdan
07-17-2014, 08:28 PM
The temptation is great.

I do get her to log on and help me do transfers, though :)

If they're 2 seperate PCs, and you log in to do the transfer super quick before anyone can message you, how could you ever possibly get caught?

I don't even have an IP exemption, but just sayin.

tanknspank
07-17-2014, 08:40 PM
It's been said you can play 1 blue + 1 red account. Therefore you should be fine sitting at server select. But is the convenience worth the cat jumps on your desk and hits enter and sends you past there?

Clark
07-17-2014, 09:32 PM
You're not supposed to have a 2nd character at character select unless it's a second person playing it. They would probably warn you and then suspend you if you didn't stop.

iruinedyourday
07-18-2014, 01:09 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyxp9yzYrD1qztjn5o1_r1_500.gif