PDA

View Full Version : Spell Timer Apps?

iruinedyourday
07-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Guys I am using this EQlogtools that someone made here - its *pretty* great. It has tons of bugs and i restart it like 4-5 times a night. It works about as good as any eq spell does, sometimes full duration, sometimes 0 duration.

Info on tool here:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153423&highlight=sevendeuceoff

It has multiple spells that it can time at once, its really great. When it works, I'm Super Best caster #1!

Does anyone else use a spell timer that works reliably? Audio triggers I haven't tried from gambo soft, do you have to manually set all the spells you want to time?

Any other good ones?

Perhaps I should use gambo's since thier software is so damn good. But I would like to know options! Thanks!

(UPDATE I USE GAMBOSOFT TIMERS NOW - THIS WAS BUGGY AND NOT AS POWERFUL AS GAMBOSOFT) thank oyu for the tool, i did enjoy it when i used it!!!! :)

Cistern
07-18-2014, 02:03 PM
I've also been wondering this. I tried to tinker around with audio triggers but i couldn't really get it, but I only tried for like 15 mins as I was in a group when I was trying.

iruinedyourday
07-18-2014, 02:06 PM
The limitation with the Eq log timer is now enough to make me seek out a new solution. The bugs I was able to put up with, but there is no way to time roots for enchanter :(

Also you can't time a mez & a entrance.. Or multiple entrances.. I will spend the weekend trying to set up Gambos audio triggers and try to make a layman a guide if it works out.

Still would like to hear about other options though ;)

fastboy21
07-18-2014, 06:54 PM
i've been looking for a ui that shows the timers as the default (what you usually see only when you mouse over and press alt key)...i'm certain its possible, but i don't know enough about UIs to make it myself and i haven't found one that can do it.

with timers/augio triggers it is possible, but many of the effects are shared by other spells than the particular one, so you have to be a bit clever in how you set them up.

the other solution for triggers is to create a custom trigger. i usually do this with an emote that i make up and put on a hotkey (usually something role playing, but anything would work).

For example, if I want to time my haste spell on my chanter I create a hotkey with the emote "/em loves to haste his friends." (or pick anything really---as long as its something anyone else is unlikely to accidentally trigger)---put it on a hot key called "haste timer", set the log file trigger to the correct timer (say, 16 min or whatever it is), add an audio trigger (I use text to speech something like "haste buff timer", etc.).

of course, it won't tell you who it wore off on. its just a way of reminding me that its time to do the round of buffs again in my group without having to be pestered by folks constantly asking me or having to check the buff timers (which sometimes seems like half my work load on a buff class). folks do notice when you keep them perma-buffed for several hours on end without them having to ask once for a rebuff...which is also nice if you are trying to be a good group mate.

gortimer
07-19-2014, 10:50 AM
I use game text triggers to track buff duration, slow duration, root duration, torpor duration, and so on. I have it set up so i know how long a certain person in my group is from needing a torpor refresh, or for myself so i can maximize my healing potential. I have not encountered any bugs. I'm pretty sure this is what would make you happy.

http://gambosoft.com/Pages/GamTextTriggers_Features.htm

gortimer
07-19-2014, 10:53 AM
oh and for reference, i make triggers for common people i group with, or with common monsters i fight. so that triggers list duration left for a specific person/mob. I also have it set to text to speech me specific important ones, such as slow wearing off on long solo fights that would end in disaster if slow wore off.

Brynnag
07-19-2014, 10:54 AM
Guys I am using this EQlogtools that someone made here - its *pretty* great. It has tons of bugs and i restart it like 4-5 times a night. It works about as good as any eq spell does, sometimes full duration, sometimes 0 duration.

Info on tool here:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153423&highlight=sevendeuceoff

It has multiple spells that it can time at once, its really great. When it works, I'm Super Best caster #1!

Does anyone else use a spell timer that works reliably? Audio triggers I haven't tried from gambo soft, do you have to manually set all the spells you want to time?

Any other good ones?

Perhaps I should use gambo's since thier software is so damn good. But I would like to know options! Thanks!

gortimer
07-19-2014, 10:54 AM
oh looks like you already found the app =p

iruinedyourday
07-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Gort! Thank you! Yes that is exactly what i am after. I spent last night trying to get them to work.. I got one timer to appear for one spell (that I dont even think I cast) which means Im getting close to getting it to work, but I will PM you some questions!

Thanks!

Cecily
07-19-2014, 03:00 PM
Make applicants time my spells. That's a great idea. Haha hazing...

gortimer
07-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Best way I have found is to put a NPC name or characters name in with the spell effect text and then name the buff bar thing with the same info. So it will say "torpor on gortimer 14 seconds" or "slow on a giant bat 3 minutes left". My long duration buffs are just left vague and I redo the group and myself based on the one timer.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
07-19-2014, 11:31 PM
I have never used game txt triggers and I commonly (before resist fuckery) root rotted 5-6 mobs at a time in HS north or locked down full rooms without using aoe mezz on red.

Get used to the "feels". Channel your inner autism. You know you can.

iruinedyourday
07-20-2014, 05:04 AM
I am having a good time with these - the only problem is the gd text for AoE mez - level 4 mez- and level 49 mez is the same!! ugh so sad... Entrance is great, because its got its own, but its less efficient than dazzle.

Sadface...

I also cant get it to not pick up triggers cast by people in and out of my group - I turned on the filter to show group spells only but that doesn't seem to have any effect, it doesnt seem to know how to differentiate between my spells and others.

Knowing others isnt bad though it can be spammy. Like its nice to know when my groupmate casts root, or when he does Malo.

Though I would like to have the option!

Anyway, its really good so far other than what I mention!

fastboy21
07-20-2014, 10:59 AM
Rarely need to use dazzle. More efficient, but only if you need to keep something parked that long....which in most grps is not often.

talian21
07-25-2014, 08:38 PM
I also cant get it to not pick up triggers cast by people in and out of my group - I turned on the filter to show group spells only but that doesn't seem to have any effect, it doesnt seem to know how to differentiate between my spells and others.

Knowing others isnt bad though it can be spammy. Like its nice to know when my groupmate casts root, or when he does Malo.

Though I would like to have the option!

Anyway, its really good so far other than what I mention!

With GTT, you make *your* spells trigger by begining them with "You begin casting. etc" and it won't trigger on anyone elses.

You make them person specific by using {s} feature of GTT, like EQ uses %t, GTT just uses brackets instead.

GTT is probably your best bet.

Edit: GTT=GamTextTriggers, by gambosoft.com mentioned above

Clark
07-26-2014, 12:29 AM
I've also been wondering this. I tried to tinker around with audio triggers but i couldn't really get it, but I only tried for like 15 mins as I was in a group when I was trying.

iruinedyourday
07-26-2014, 02:29 AM
Here guys, thought I would help get some of you over that "I dont want to learn new software - So Im just going to assume one day Ill get it to work" part of getting this software to work. Because thats how I was and it was worth sitting down for a night to figure out how to use it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25736152/EQ/smallcomdazzle.gif

This is what the timers look like, omg they are great.

The very first thing you must do is turn on your log, /log true or /log on

Using the software is pretty easy once you look at it. I highlighted key things see below:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25736152/EQ/gambo.JPG

Go to : "File> Monitor Log File" and go to your program files where your log file is stored for many people it will be like C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\Logs

To make a trigger hit the button on the right "New" (its circled in blue)

next fill out Trigger text - pick like a generic wording for a spell you use, i circled my root one, feet adhere to the ground.

next check Display Timer (also in blue) and pick how long the spell lasts (the root spell lasts 3 mins, that information is on the p99 wiki for each spell - you have to look that info up yourself)

you can choose to always show new timer (which will put multiple timers up if you cast the spell over and over) or you can have it reset the current timer (that will leave only one timer up - good for group buffs and stuff)

thats about it, its so easy!

Hope this helps the trepidatious people make that first step into becoming way more efficient!

iruinedyourday
07-26-2014, 02:49 AM
With GTT, you make *your* spells trigger by begining them with "You begin casting. etc" and it won't trigger on anyone elses.

You make them person specific by using {s} feature of GTT, like EQ uses %t, GTT just uses brackets instead.

could you elaborate? and I use the spell success as the trigger that sets off timer, that way if it gets resisted I dont get a timer - is there a way to make my triggers work on impact and still only trigger them for my spells?

Also I couldnt follow your second sentence there hehe :) could you elaborate on that and use an example?

talian21
07-26-2014, 04:03 AM
could you elaborate? and I use the spell success as the trigger that sets off timer, that way if it gets resisted I dont get a timer - is there a way to make my triggers work on impact and still only trigger them for my spells?

Also I couldnt follow your second sentence there hehe :) could you elaborate on that and use an example?

Resists:
if you look 2/3 of the way down on the page when you are making a trigger, you will notice and checkbox called "end early on text" which will cancel a trigger, so for example, my snare timer starts when it sees the "you begin casting ensnare", but on that page I have "end early on text" checked, and in that part I have "your target resisted ensnare spell" which cancels it on resists, and the buff timer goes away.

=========================

{s} is what is called a "substitution" (hence the s, hehe) and all that it means, is that you put the {s} in for the *part of the trigger text*, {s} *becomes* that word. Perhaps examples are easier.

Lets use sow as an example:
I make a trigger, and my trigger text is "{s} is surrounded by a brief lupine aura"
Now, for the moment, {s} means whatever that chars name is, because when it sees, for example:

"Supertank is surrounded by a brief lupine aura"

my trigger remembers that {s} now means "Suptertank" (the chars name)

then I check "display timer" (to dispaly the timer, heh) and in the "text" part I put:

SoW {s}

so that the buff timer on my screen will say:

SoW Supertank

and I can keep track of everyone individually, including sows tossed by others. (sometimes you wanna track other ppls spells, like when someone else roots a mob, its nice to know how long you have :)

===============

I use "begin casting" text on stuff that I only wanna mine of, and I use the result text, ie "surrounded by brief lupine aura" when I wanna track everybody's around me. It's not perfect, but it gets me by.

iruinedyourday
07-26-2014, 04:17 AM
Resists:
if you look 2/3 of the way down on the page when you are making a trigger, you will notice and checkbox called "end early on text" which will cancel a trigger, so for example, my snare timer starts when it sees the "you begin casting ensnare", but on that page I have "end early on text" checked, and in that part I have "your target resisted ensnare spell" which cancels it on resists, and the buff timer goes away.

=========================

{s} is what is called a "substitution" (hence the s, hehe) and all that it means, is that you put the {s} in for the *part of the trigger text*, {s} *becomes* that word. Perhaps examples are easier.

Lets use sow as an example:
I make a trigger, and my trigger text is "{s} is surrounded by a brief lupine aura"
Now, for the moment, {s} means whatever that chars name is, because when it sees, for example:

"Supertank is surrounded by a brief lupine aura"

my trigger remembers that {s} now means "Suptertank" (the chars name)

then I check "display timer" (to dispaly the timer, heh) and in the "text" part I put:

SoW {s}

so that the buff timer on my screen will say:

SoW Supertank

and I can keep track of everyone individually, including sows tossed by others. (sometimes you wanna track other ppls spells, like when someone else roots a mob, its nice to know how long you have :)

===============

I use "begin casting" text on stuff that I only wanna mine of, and I use the result text, ie "surrounded by brief lupine aura" when I wanna track everybody's around me. It's not perfect, but it gets me by.

oh my god this is manna from heaven. If this was reddit id be giving you gold.

Swish
07-26-2014, 04:39 AM
http://i.imgur.com/apRp7TQ.gif

iruinedyourday
07-26-2014, 04:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/apRp7TQ.gif

hahahhaa nope not at all lmao

gortimer
07-26-2014, 11:32 AM
This is good info to know!

Adamas
07-26-2014, 03:30 PM
The substitution isn't working.

I'm using "{s} feels the favor of the gods upon them" as trigger text and "A/C {s}" as Display Timer. If I remove the {s} from both it works fine. With the {s} it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Adamas
07-26-2014, 03:52 PM
GTT:Trigger={s} feels the favor of the gods upon them;Comment=BLANK;Display=False;ShowText=False;Di splayText=BLANK;ShowLine=False;TextColour=Yellow;T imer=True;TimerText=A/C {s};Hours=0;Minutes=0;Seconds=10;Behaviour=Always start a new timer;CompletionDisplay=False;CompletionText=BLANK ;EndEarly=False;EndEarlyText=BLANK;Sound=False;Pla ySound=False;SoundLink=BLANK;PlayTTS=False;TTSText =BLANK;

talian21
07-26-2014, 04:12 PM
The substitution isn't working.

I'm using "{s} feels the favor of the gods upon them" as trigger text and "A/C {s}" as Display Timer. If I remove the {s} from both it works fine. With the {s} it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

I have no idea, tbh, but I think GTT uses regex expressions, so things like slashes and dots mean other than what you think. Have you tried removing the slash in A/C? Other than that, your ini entry looks same as mine.

Sorry, I"m not a GTT expert, just a user that rtfm. I've been procrastinating on re-learning regex expressions, maybe it's time I got on it.

Adamas
07-26-2014, 04:24 PM
I have no idea, tbh, but I think GTT uses regex expressions, so things like slashes and dots mean other than what you think. Have you tried removing the slash in A/C? Other than that, your ini entry looks same as mine.

Sorry, I"m not a GTT expert, just a user that rtfm. I've been procrastinating on re-learning regex expressions, maybe it's time I got on it.

BINGO! That's it. I didn't realize it was using regex, but I should've thought of it. Ok its working now thanks!!

iruinedyourday
07-26-2014, 06:13 PM
I am also having the {s} give me a hard time - could it be becuse I am casting on a mob that has 2 words in its name? does it only work on player names? :/

*edit* NOPE! :) fixed it be restarting the app - every IT eqer that reads this will be nodding in agreement - I did not try turning it on and off again :)

bucka
07-28-2014, 01:07 PM
sooo gambosoft website went down today.. anyone know of a download mirror?

Adamas
07-28-2014, 01:15 PM
Bucka, that's really too bad! Glad I downloaded it yesterday. If the site doesn't come back up I can privately host the files tonight for you. Send me a PM if you want that.

iruinedyourday
07-28-2014, 01:43 PM
the not classic task force just took down gambosoft... nice.

talian21
07-29-2014, 05:15 PM
Domain Name: GAMBOSOFT.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1114671192_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2012-08-09 04:16:40
Creation Date: 2007-07-27 08:55:15
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-07-27 08:55:15
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146

Note the expiration date

Arterian
08-09-2014, 03:41 PM
I would like to download this...anyone have a link to a working download?

iruinedyourday
08-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Would the wayback machine work?

Arterian
08-09-2014, 04:58 PM
No luck. Anyone? Help a chanter out!

norova
08-09-2014, 05:06 PM
I zipped up the EXE, sounds and Speech DLL. You can download it from my site here: http://p99.yourfirefly.com/GamTextTriggers.zip

I couldn't find the original installer, but this is better than nothing I suppose!

Arterian
08-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Great, thanks!

Arterian
08-09-2014, 07:33 PM
So I downloaded this and I set up a trigger but I have no overlay on my screen...thoughts?

Arterian
08-09-2014, 07:51 PM
I have another issue. My log file is empty yet logging is on. Sigh.

iruinedyourday
08-09-2014, 08:07 PM
thats wierd, hmm are you sure you are looking at the right logfile?

norova
08-09-2014, 08:24 PM
As far as the logging goes, you may need to run EQ as admin for it to have permission to write to the logs directory.

iruinedyourday
08-09-2014, 08:27 PM
As far as the logging goes, you may need to run EQ as admin for it to have permission to write to the logs directory.

or just move your EQ folder out of your program files directory?

Arterian
08-09-2014, 09:44 PM
Fixed it! Admin solved it. Thanks guys.