PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Duo, that's still usefull...

Bannen
12-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Good morning folks,

Had a few days to feel my way around and got another old EQ pal interested as well. Having a blast and ready to pick some mains to level up.

What we're looking for is a good duo for leveling that is still viable when hanging in solb/guk later. We would like one of the classes to be an SK or Necro, and then the other to be paired and viable with that.

Thoughts were SK/Shammy... my personal feelings being that we can duo up faster with this, but that we may have problems healing a solb/guk group with the shammy alone. So... possibly SK/Cleric instead to be viable later? Thoughts?

The other option is Necro/X. We could go with Enchanter, Necro/Necro, etc. I'm having a hard time remembering if theirs enough open space and mobs in it to level up this way in classic. And then of course, if once we're high enough we can slip into those same guk/solb groups and be wanted. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance. Appreciate your response.

Wenai
12-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Do NEC/SHM. Good outdoors (fear kiting/aggro kiting) and good indoors (Slows/Screaming Terror/Snares). NEC pet can tank well with slows/regens and turn off SHM pet taunt so that it doesn't pull aggro.

Jify
12-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Anything / SHM is generally a very good duo combination. Consider MNK/SHM for the pulling/tanking/DPS/Slow/Heal combo :)

SK/SHM is a similar combination, with more tanking ability, but less DPS/pulling capability.

Regardless, NEC/SHM or SK/SHM will do very good in EQ. :)

KilyenaMage
12-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Sk/Sham is great...but youll have the sk xp penalty to contend with (not a HUGE deal, but should make note of it.)

And as for shammy healing...shouldn't really be a problem in any old world zones. Youll be able to slow and debuff too, and it will only get easier as the SK gets better gear; to the point when kunark is released and ALL melee start to shine alot brighter.

Bubbles
12-20-2009, 07:16 PM
1. ) Two Mages

2. ) Two Necros

3. ) A mage and a necro

4. ) A Necro and a Rogue

5. ) Ranger and a Cleric (ghetto fear kite!)

6. ) Necro Druid

7. ) Shaman Anything

The list is endless, just pick a combo you both actually want to play. The keys to necros and Mages and Priests is they perform quite well under-geared, which is very key if you are starting out untwinked.