PDA

View Full Version : 1017

Quaz
07-28-2014, 11:16 AM
I have tried everything i can think of... I have read all the other posts about this with no success. My drivers are up to date, I used the emu patch for p99 servers, I can log into server lists. I have tried 2 diff nefarious means of downloading and I also went and bought the cd's after those failed, still no success. I" may need to rerun the update patch" I have not patched to live, I have changed my titanium directory to 3 diff locations, I've tried as admin, wineq, compatibility, lowering my active cores ( never good ) I have no idea whats left to try. My internet connection is solid full bars, but I am on wifi, but this should not be an issue since I can comfortably play Teso with my connection. Any thoughts/ideas are welcome because I am about to resell the copy I just bought and give up.

Quaz
07-28-2014, 12:30 PM
More info, I just shared my files with my wife's comp instead of using the cd's to test the files. Her computer runs the files without issue and launched the entire game np, so i guess we are looking at a personal computer problem. I am using AMD FX 9370 8 core (4.40GHz) and 16 gigs of ram. 64 bit system windows 8.1, do I need to underclock my pc and retry using only 2-4 cores?

Thulack
07-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Try dropping EQ down to using 1-2 cores.

Lyra
07-28-2014, 02:49 PM
It may be related to overclocking.

Read this: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1479122&postcount=5

Also read #4 in the FAQ here: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94928

****UPDATE FOR ERROR 1017****
Someone who was experiencing this issue discovered it was a problem with their hardware. Specifically, it was an issue with their motherboard. This may seem strange, but it only further reinforces a couple things:
Make sure EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF HARDWARE has a current driver
More info is needed for people who have error 1017's - ie, need more people hardware specs.

That being said, here is the solution this person found, verbatim:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC888
My Asus M5A97 R2.0 mobo allows me to overclock it with the click of a button through the BIOS. What had happened was I clicked the High Performance button so that it would slightly tweat with the voltages to overclock my CPU by about 300MHz and RAM by about 150MHz. My CPU can be overclocked to a further extend this is just a well known safe setting that Asus has for the clock boost. I never thought it would affect my ability to connect but the issue happened around the same time I did this and it immediately ended after the BIOs settings were returned to default.

If someone could shed light on this then please do tell, but I don't recommended overclocking your CPU even using manufacturer's settings.

I suspect people having error 1017 are having similar issues to this. I very strongly recommend *not* overclocking anything on your computer in order to play EQ. It seems to cause a ton of problems that are very easily fixed by just resetting everything to default. Basically, if you're getting weird errors or otherwise having problems running EQ, please try to turn off any overclocking you currently have turned on. This has fixed problems for more than one person.