PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with WinEQ

Nocsucow
07-31-2014, 12:52 PM
anyone know why its down or how long its gonna be down ?

fangz20
07-31-2014, 08:28 PM
why would u need or use winEQ inless your boxxing , tag this man! lol

Nocsucow
07-31-2014, 08:29 PM
Youre dumb.... Read the getting started guide noob

Rhambuk
07-31-2014, 08:30 PM
didn't know people still used it.

I just alt enter to window out and back to full when I need to.

Daywolf
07-31-2014, 08:38 PM
uh-duh? Some people cant play w/o it, not even log into the server. Yeah b/c a 10+ y/o client runs really swell :rolleyes:

Rhambuk
07-31-2014, 08:44 PM
people cant log in without it? what? I guess I never encountered or heard of this issue

Daywolf
07-31-2014, 09:01 PM
people cant log in without it? what? I guess I never encountered or heard of this issue
Yeah read up on why Rogean recommends it to people having such issues. I had to start using it back in the early-early PEQ days (alpha period), recommended to me by the lead dev there to resolve the crash issues. And currently with my new system I need to use it to get onto the server or it crashes. I've seen many threads on the subject in the support forum, hard to miss.

So yeah, if you see new people starting threads on the matter, having tried everything, recommend WinEQ 2.0, not troll them threatening bans :/

Hogfather
07-31-2014, 09:37 PM
Full screen and windowed transitions are funky as shit on my computer. I use 2 screens and its never really very good.

This looks good, does it basically provide a 'full screen windowed' mode when it works?

Derubael
07-31-2014, 10:07 PM
Looks like it's back up...?

I was able to visit the website and download wineq2 with no problems:

www.lavishsoft.com

Wineq2 is a popular program used here on project1999 due to the host of problems it fixes with Titanium running on newer machines. A lot of people would not be able to play (or would not be interested in putting the effort into getting it working) if wineq2 was not a thing anymore :(

Estu
07-31-2014, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I use it too. Don't remember why exactly I started using it but I think it fixed whatever issue I was having. Their servers were down for a few hours today but they're back up now; first time this has ever happened in my experience.

Nocsucow
07-31-2014, 10:25 PM
Without it my game done even load up 90% of the time.....

Lopretni
07-31-2014, 11:39 PM
EQ hiccups with newer cards sometimes and WEQ helps with that apparently. There's other little fixes and things too which help but I only used it once. There's a bug where it won't go over the taskbar in Windows 7, devs say it's a "windows thing" and not their fault.

dropped lmao

hynch
08-01-2014, 02:52 AM
Without WinEQ my game crashes every time I get a UAC popup.

Valdarious
08-01-2014, 07:39 AM
Why are you getting a UAC popup? You should take EQ out of the Program Files directory. I would imagine a lot of peoples problems would be fixed if they updated their hardware drivers properly. Never had to use weq so I don't what it is fixing.

Messianic
08-01-2014, 07:43 AM
I never had to get WinEQ. The client was already windowed.

Purdee
08-01-2014, 07:52 AM
as others have already stated, winEQ seems to smooth over many of the problems some folks have with the older client. thumbs up for winEQ.

kaos057
08-01-2014, 08:18 AM

You're an idiot. 90% of the server uses wineq. Not only does it allow you to google shit while playing EQ but it fixes many hardware issues that were not around back in the day (like multi core cpu issues)

myriverse
08-01-2014, 09:21 AM
You don't need WinEQ to google while playing. The client isn't that classic. But yeah about the other stuff.

Rhambuk
08-01-2014, 09:35 AM
guess im "lucky" my pc is 8 years old. almost running classic already

nectarprime
08-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Hmm I wonder if this would take care of my random crashing while zoning and the fact that I crash every time I camp?

Nocsucow
08-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Hmm I wonder if this would take care of my random crashing while zoning and the fact that I crash every time I camp?

`it would cut it down probably 75%

triad
08-01-2014, 10:08 AM
is there a free version of WinEQ?

Valdarious
08-01-2014, 10:50 AM
You're an idiot. 90% of the server uses wineq. Not only does it allow you to google shit while playing EQ but it fixes many hardware issues that were not around back in the day (like multi core cpu issues)

I don't see the correlation. I think if it is working for you then it is great but you can run EQ Titanium in windowed mode and lock it down to one processor by just putting the affinity 0 in the shortcut.
I run windowed mode exclusively with the wiki open in my second monitor without winEQ.
This is all running on a brand new custom build modern computer running 64bit win7.

As I said though, if you are having issues and winEQ fixes things for you then I applaud you using it to fix those issues. I just don't understand what issues it is fixing for you.

nectarprime
08-01-2014, 11:01 AM
I don't see the correlation. I think if it is working for you then it is great but you can run EQ Titanium in windowed mode and lock it down to one processor by just putting the affinity 0 in the shortcut.
I run windowed mode exclusively with the wiki open in my second monitor without winEQ.
This is all running on a brand new custom build modern computer running 64bit win7.

As I said though, if you are having issues and winEQ fixes things for you then I applaud you using it to fix those issues. I just don't understand what issues it is fixing for you.

Crashing, as numerous people have stated in this thread.

Daywolf
08-01-2014, 04:55 PM
`it would cut it down probably 75%
Well it might remove the error entirely. There are disconnects, which I still usually have, and then there are crashes, which this does a good job resolving.

Yes, it's free. You can do the paid version, but I've had no use for the paid version as far as I know. I think paid version just removes the limit on multi-boxing. But like here and PEQ (only emu servers I play) there are already limits to how many clients you can have logged in anyway, which is below the limit of the free version, don't remember the limit of wineq exactly atm, three I think...

Yeah, a lot of people here use it. We're all idiots, right? hehe. Just gotta luv this community sometimes :rolleyes: All us software developers, CS grads, support techies, sys ops, you guys put us to shame with your boundless knowledge of everything tech. Please tell us how it's done.

Grimfan
08-01-2014, 07:48 PM

WinEQ has EQPlayNice which lets you set a lot of options that lets EverQuest run a little better on newer computers. It's also very convenient if you have multiple installations of EverQuest (if you play on Live, or other EMU's) as you can just right click the icon after setting up the shortcut and pick what server you feel like playing. It's a pretty decent program, but to answer your question EqPlayNice is why most people need it.

Clark
08-01-2014, 07:55 PM

webrunner5
08-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Put the god damn thing on the desktop not program files. Wow some people. :o