PDA

View Full Version : Give it a try pals...

Swish
08-02-2014, 12:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bwQfIVF.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/bwQfIVF.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/bwQfIVF.gif

Stop resisting, give it a go... more fun than standing in the EC tunnel looking for super bargains that come up 2-3 times every 16 hours.

Rec
08-02-2014, 12:20 PM
I am sure lots of people have tried Red. They logged in, saw no one to play with and said time for more blue.

Red_Psyphon
08-02-2014, 01:21 PM
pve is unchallenging come flex your muscles amongst real men on red99

Rhambuk
08-02-2014, 01:22 PM
is that a chocolate bar...

harnold
08-02-2014, 01:25 PM
I would play here but I havent found anyone to give me some starting money for platinum yet

Swish
08-02-2014, 01:58 PM

would you play for chocolate Rhambuk? :p

Also there's a few people trading blue/red plat around - worth looking into if interested in having some startup cash :)

Daldaen
08-02-2014, 02:36 PM

I think he is referring to the fact that chocolate is generally deemed "poisonous" for dogs consumption. Though I had a dog that ate several full bars and lived quite long. Her stomach may have been made of steel though.

Funny metaphor though. Giving people something toxic...

SyanideGas
08-02-2014, 02:46 PM
I played red, it was kinda cool for a little while. Eventually went back to blue. Might come back for a little while...Dunno man.

Ceritrix
08-02-2014, 02:48 PM
I think people do not play on red because it is bad.

Faywind
08-02-2014, 03:10 PM
It's the population that's the problem which will never be fixed so I stick with blue :(

Damaja
08-02-2014, 03:17 PM
I am sure lots of people have tried Red. They logged in, saw no one to play with and said time for more blue.

you obv have no clue what your talking about, everything I have leveled has been in groups and I do not have trouble finding groups.

Rec
08-02-2014, 03:22 PM
you obv have no clue what your talking about, everything I have leveled has been in groups and I do not have trouble finding groups.

Tough to confuse making a character, logging in, and seeing no one to play with

Damaja
08-02-2014, 03:35 PM
tough to confuse making a character, logging in and not even TRYING to make it work.
Red99 is a good server if people would just give it a chance.

Sidelle
08-02-2014, 03:45 PM
I tried red yesterday. I got to level 2 and then some twinked asshole (with a friend hovering nearby to back him up) killed my naked newb ass. I didn't think that shit started til 5 and up. I didn't even have a chance to earn enough for my offensive spells yet. Not fun at all.

Damaja
08-02-2014, 03:52 PM
I tried red yesterday. I got to level 2 and then some twinked asshole (with a friend hovering nearby to back him up) killed my naked newb ass. I didn't think that shit started til 5 and up. I didn't even have a chance to earn enough for my offensive spells yet. Not fun at all.

you made it all the way to lvl 2? nice!

fahlen
08-02-2014, 03:58 PM

Most of the twinks will only kill you once, if at all, when you're new. At least from what I noticed. Even gave me back the little bit of cash I had on me. But I only stuck around til 24.

Swish
08-02-2014, 03:59 PM

I've started probably 6-7 characters and never had that happen, I'd say that's just unlucky :p

Damaja
08-02-2014, 04:02 PM
If you die in pcp you have a LNS policy serverwide, you simply relocate to another area and go back to xping. People just can't cut it on a pvp server sometimes but in reality its morew real than a careb .... err blue server ;)

Sidelle
08-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Yeah, my pampered bluebie ass just had my pride hurt for a sec. I know. Lol

But I guess I had the thought in my mind that being as obviously naked and new as I was that I wouldn't be a target. What kind of asshole goes around killing people so obviously new to red?

Faron
08-02-2014, 04:11 PM
When I see red people asking for players, what comes across is "we need more people to spawn kill so we can spam them with '/tell ___ i trol u lol!!!!1'. Truth in that? Confirm/deny?

Heebo
08-02-2014, 04:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Imvmy6C.gif

Damaja
08-02-2014, 04:26 PM
When I see red people asking for players, what comes across is "we need more people to spawn kill so we can spam them with '/tell ___ i trol u lol!!!!1'. Truth in that? Confirm/deny?
You have become better at stereotyping 2

Swish
08-02-2014, 04:34 PM

I've helped numerous people get started, with HP rings and resist gear.

What a horrible thing to say :(

Damaja
08-02-2014, 04:35 PM
For a while I was streaming nightly on my channel on Red99 http://www.twitch.tv/jamesfullard recently had a falling out with a member so I moved off on my own with my real life best friend. Have not streamed in a bit but plan to restart soon. People find easy ways to talk down about something they do not understand. You have dicks on blue and the only reason you are not crying about them is they cannot kill you. These low end griefers you nag about now, you out level them in a few hours. Red has some of the nicest people I have ever met in this game and I stand behind Red99 all the way.

Blue could never come close to comparing to Red99 even with the low pop which oneday I hope to help change.

Swish
08-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Red has some of the nicest people I have ever met in this game and I stand behind Red99 all the way.

Blue could never come close to comparing to Red99 even with the low pop which oneday I hope to help change.

http://i.imgur.com/B21UZRK.png

fahlen
08-02-2014, 05:32 PM
I was honestly surprised how nice the community was. Only played for maybe 3 weeks, never got a kill (was playing an enchanter though), but still had a blast. People were kind for the most part, and more than willing to give a newcomer a helping hand.

Sidelle
08-02-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm gonna give red another try soon. Even if it's only to kill that guy. Twinked piece of shit picking on naked girls. :D

Manticmuse
08-02-2014, 05:50 PM
I still have a mid 40s druid on red from that time KWSN made an attempt at establishing a foothold on red. For two weeks red was way more fun than blue...the shine wore off though. Interest waned, the guildies who stayed on red left for Red Dawn or Nihilum, half of the KWSN red players seemed like possible rerolls of the same 50 ppl who have been on red forever. Most of my confrontations involved someone hugging guards or zonelines, and I got the sense that to be a serious pvp'r I couldn't just work on my class, I would have to farm and abuse the shit out of clickies. In retrospect it was just starting over that was fun, with an occasional good pvp fight every 15 levels or so.

Got kind of sidetracked there...I guess what I meant to say is that it can be really fun, especially starting out. The rest is just my personal experience and why I stopped playing red.

Swish
08-06-2014, 02:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/StdpT92.gif

Edge86
08-06-2014, 02:28 PM
I tried red, the constant high school insults and d00d speak in ooc got on my nerves, turning off ooc made the server feel like a ghost town, which was even worse. And getting killed by some fungi twink who feels the need to /tell you what a retard/noob you are and how hard he pwned you. Fun stuff.

Daldaen
08-06-2014, 02:57 PM
I tried red, the constant high school insults and d00d speak in ooc got on my nerves, turning off ooc made the server feel like a ghost town, which was even worse. And getting killed by some fungi twink who feels the need to /tell you what a retard/noob you are and how hard he pwned you. Fun stuff.

Sums up red basically.

Malone88
08-06-2014, 03:54 PM
As a former bluebie, I just got burned out on the 50+ XP grind, so I gave Red
a try a few months ago.

Pros:
Group XP Bonus is da bomb:
No concerns about min-maxers, so play a hybrid.
Who cares if you die, Xp is so fast you make it up quickly.
Explore zones that are empty on blue because they have lower ZEM.
(I've grouped in SolA, Rathe Mountains, Frontier Mountains, LOiO gobbies on
red, but never on blue because ZEM not "high enough".)
Huge motivation to add players to group and get full group bonus.
Global OOC makes it feel like a community and easy to find groups.

Cons:
Nihilum controls the high end content.
Zones like Unrest, MM, COM -- expect Twink Pkers.
Global OOC can be toxic.
Forum threads can be toxic.

Missed out on the Swish twinkage package, Oh well...:)

Tewaz
08-06-2014, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE=

Pros:
Group XP Bonus is da bomb:
No concerns about min-maxers, so play a hybrid.
Who cares if you die, Xp is so fast you make it up quickly.
Explore zones that are empty on blue because they have lower ZEM.
(I've grouped in SolA, Rathe Mountains, Frontier Mountains, LOiO gobbies on
red, but never on blue because ZEM not "high enough".)
Huge motivation to add players to group and get full group bonus.
Global OOC makes it feel like a community and easy to find groups.

Cons:
Nihilum controls the high end content.
Zones like Unrest, MM, COM -- expect Twink Pkers.
Global OOC can be toxic.
Forum threads can be toxic.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty accurate. If you get into the highend game on Blue, you will want to move to Red unless you are okay with spending your evenings sitting on a raid spawn fully buffed hoping it will spawn.

capco
08-07-2014, 08:50 AM
I'm starting to consider giving Red a try. I know as a newcomer it will tough (extremely tough) but if I manage to stick it out I can see how the sense of accomplishment would be amazing. I really like the idea of grouping in places that most people never group in because of the added XP bonus.

As I don't really have any friends to start with on Red (maybe I will ask around and see if I can convince some Blueberries), are there certain classes that are best suited for the Red experience?

My main on Blue is a rogue, but I have a feeling they are one of the weakest PvP classes in the game, if not the weakest (or perhaps I'm wrong; just guessing). Maybe I would be better off picking a class that doesn't rely so much on being part of a team?

Derubael
08-07-2014, 09:13 AM
I'm gonna give red another try soon. Even if it's only to kill that guy. Twinked piece of shit picking on naked girls. :D

Fortunately, he can only kill you once, and then you can "loot and scoot" - get your body and move on. I need to add a stipulation to LnS for noob zones so that new players don't have to leave the zone when calling LnS, something that can cause problems for starting zones like Halas or Qeynos, that only really have 1 viable low level spot to xp at.

And if it makes you feel better, when Laledorie started up on red she streamed with Onekill. Within an hour they had like 5 people and a high lvl druid bashing their faces in. They took the beating like champs and ended up getting a ton of PP and items for their trouble.

Those uber twinks running around killing noobies are just starved for PvP, so they grab it anywhere they can (even when it's hardly worth hitting auto-attack). Most of the time they are going to kill you once, then grab you by your collar, pull you up, pat you on the back and let you run off to kill goblins. Some will even give you items/advice.

With over 200 players online at peak time, there's no excuse to not try Red! If the low population bothered you before, you will be pleasantly surprised to find that it's easy to grab a group - everyone wants that XP bonus - even if you're a hybrid class, or another class that's traditionally passed over for more focused classes without a penalty. In fact, rolling a hybrid and grouping on Red 99 is a great way to circumvent that awful XP penalty!

If the only reason you haven't logged in is the pop, it's time to give it a try! If it's the community, you'll be surprised at how much it's changed. If it's the mechanics, there has been quite a few overhauls to several systems to improve PvP mechanics on red. Come give it a try and see what happens!

/endwalloftext

Daldaen
08-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Pretty accurate. If you get into the highend game on Blue, you will want to move to Red unless you are okay with spending your evenings sitting on a raid spawn fully buffed hoping it will spawn.

Except that will get you a ban?

Red is just too unclassic for me :/. Global OOC, group exp bonus, yellow text, no item loot...

If you added item loot I'd give it a go. Would be worth trying. But coin loot, meh.

Swish
08-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Except that will get you a ban?

Red is just too unclassic for me :/. Global OOC, group exp bonus, yellow text, no item loot...

If you added item loot I'd give it a go. Would be worth trying. But coin loot, meh.

Was it you saying that slow leveling was a bad thing? Chardok AOE was the way to go? Ahh yeah that's right :)

http://i.imgur.com/QcKiNCF.jpg

Clark
08-07-2014, 10:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bwQfIVF.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/bwQfIVF.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/bwQfIVF.gif

Stop resisting, give it a go... more fun than standing in the EC tunnel looking for super bargains that come up 2-3 times every 16 hours.

LOL! Poor dog!!

Clark
08-07-2014, 10:22 AM

:cool:

Dacuk
08-07-2014, 10:24 AM
if anyone needs a hand getting started on red send me a PM. i can help you with some plat for lowbie spells and some ports/buffs/bind to get you started.

Daldaen
08-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Was it you saying that slow leveling was a bad thing? Chardok AOE was the way to go? Ahh yeah that's right :)

Yea but shits classic. Killing a train of 100 mobs getting 10% exp in mid 50s, confirmed classic.

Killing 10 mobs in Sebilis and getting 10%, NOT CLASSIC.

Swish
08-07-2014, 11:07 AM
Killing 10 mobs in Sebilis and getting 10%, NOT CLASSIC.

1% per kill in the 50s on red? I think you need to come and double check that for yourself :)

Daldaen
08-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Funny thing about that quote is that probably 10% of the Red population is made up of players who are AFK on Blue in Chardok.

phacemeltar
08-07-2014, 11:53 AM
ok maybe you can tell me how to fix my problem with red..

in order to find groups, i usually do "/w all lfg" -or- "/w all (lvl range)" but on red everyone is /anon

Swish
08-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Rough idea...

/who all 15 20 count

etc.. see if there's enough on in your level range, ask in ooc and see what's up :)

Atalya
08-07-2014, 12:32 PM
No one cares if ALL FIFTY PEOPLE ON RED ARE NICE.. THERES STILL ONLY FIFTY PEOPLE ON RED... Get a fucking life already all you losers come here EVERY week trying to recruit people to your dead server. Just fuck off and let the server die already the popular consensus is EQ PVP is shit therefore Red99 is shit. Dont get butt hurt that i had to spell it out for you. Just quit. Thanks

Swish
08-07-2014, 12:35 PM
No one cares if ALL FIFTY PEOPLE ON RED ARE NICE.. THERES STILL ONLY FIFTY PEOPLE ON RED... Get a fucking life already all you losers come here EVERY week trying to recruit people to your dead server. Just fuck off and let the server die already the popular consensus is EQ PVP is shit therefore Red99 is shit. Dont get butt hurt that i had to spell it out for you. Just quit. Thanks

They say bottling up your emotions can be very bad for you. Well done for getting it out of your system.

PS - there's 84 on at the moment and it's 12.44pm on a weekday EST <3

Cookiefist
08-07-2014, 12:36 PM

Reminds me of president Obama concerning healthcare...

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
08-07-2014, 12:37 PM

MAD DETECTED

Atalya
08-07-2014, 12:38 PM
They say bottling up your emotions can be very bad for you. Well done for getting it out of your system.

PS - there's 84 on at the moment and it's 12.44pm on a weekday EST <3

That means there's 84 douchebag idiots online at the same time. Grats record high for the week. Server isn't worth the bandwidth or gm/guide time. Go play wow if you want to pvp ffs. OR And this is completely possible you could shut the fuck up about trying to recruit people that already know how shitty your server is and keep on living in your 84 person glass house telling yourselves you're so bad ass and the 1000+ people on blue are just carebears not even knowing what they're missing. News flash we know what eq pvp is and are not too retarded to think that it's fun.

Tongpow
08-07-2014, 12:48 PM
84? that's like slightly better than FPS game server, congratulations.

Glenzig
08-07-2014, 12:59 PM
People still don't now how to just not read something on the internet if it really annoys them? I'm sure you're not getting taken by surprise by the "Come try Red" titles for these threads are you? No? Well then don't click the link geniuses!

Malone88
08-07-2014, 01:04 PM
ok maybe you can tell me how to fix my problem with red..

in order to find groups, i usually do "/w all lfg" -or- "/w all (lvl range)" but on red everyone is /anon

Usually people are using global OOC when they are looking for more, which makes it very easy to get in. I even play at off-peak hours and I regularly can find groups.

Levels 1-20 are the least populated, so those are the probably harder for finding groups.
Once you hit mid-twenties or so, then you start grouping with the same folks and get tells the minute you log on telling you where they are grouping that night.

And like I said before, no min-maxers so hybrids or zones with low ZEM are not really shunned because group bonus xp is so good.

Malone88
08-07-2014, 01:07 PM

Hell, if I have a good group/duo rolling in a good dungeon I can give a crap how many people are on the server at that moment...Sometimes less is better. I certainly don't miss those LFG times sitting in KC waiting for a spot to open up.

All you nostalgic "shit's classic" folks crack me up. So close-minded to think that maybe the new "shit" is better than classic...

Tewaz
08-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Try red and try a class you have never played before. Rangers, Paladins, SK's, and Wizards are all great PVP classes on red. No one will ever mention the exp penalty for hybrids and you have a genuine shot at grabbing an epic since there is no huge bottle neck of waiting 4 years for your guild to rotate, the item to drop, and the 8 people in line in front of you get theres.

Stormlight
08-07-2014, 02:49 PM
For what it's worth, I enjoy seeing your recruitment posts. Tenacious and entertaining. :D FFA, random, non-lore pvp isn't for me, but I'm glad there's a place for those who enjoy it.

Sidelle
08-07-2014, 02:55 PM

Omg why so mad? Sand in your vagina?

http://adamvonwillis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/tyra.gif

Nirgon
08-07-2014, 03:06 PM

Cookiefist
08-07-2014, 05:02 PM
No item loot?! You mean those hardcore red players dont have to worry about bagging their dropables before death to another player?!

Daldaen
08-07-2014, 05:06 PM
It means those twinks from the only high end guild on the server have no worries about losing their fungi/cloak of flames/RBG/EoN etc.

Jaleth
08-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Rather use Luclin character models.

Swish
08-07-2014, 06:05 PM
No item loot?! You mean those hardcore red players dont have to worry about bagging their dropables before death to another player?!

There was talk about putting item loot in a while back, but it was considered unfair to do it after launch night as the playing field wasn't even.

Ask most red folks already established and most of them would say yes to item loot (of course) :p

Derubael
08-07-2014, 06:28 PM
That means there's 84 douchebag idiots online at the same time. Grats record high for the week. Server isn't worth the bandwidth or gm/guide time. Go play wow if you want to pvp ffs. OR And this is completely possible you could shut the fuck up about trying to recruit people that already know how shitty your server is and keep on living in your 84 person glass house telling yourselves you're so bad ass and the 1000+ people on blue are just carebears not even knowing what they're missing. News flash we know what eq pvp is and are not too retarded to think that it's fun.

Hi, this is the Server Chat forum, and these kinds of caustic comments aren't allowed here. I'm glad that you have an opinion on what our servers bandwidth and our CSR staff's time should be spent on, but that's something that we'll decide for ourselves!

As has been stated in the past, these red recruitment threads in Server Chat aren't going anywhere - so long as the message itself isn't offensive, we fully support their existence. It seems, however, that every-time one of these goes up, someone from blue, "the non-toxic server" comes in and makes a post like this - essentially proving there's just as high a percentage raging assholes on blue as there are on red.

Red hits 200+ people every single night, because we've been working really hard to improve the server - taking steps to improve the community, the mechanics, and the accessibility for new players.

Last, but certainly not least, if you don't like reading red recruitment threads.... don't read them! If you can't control your outbursts and start frothing at the mouth and bashing your keyboard when you see them, it's probably best to stay away so you don't catch a forum ban!

Never been a better time to try Red!

dustysr06
08-07-2014, 06:40 PM
make the switch, you'll appreciate it.

Bring friends, or you'll probably go back to blue with ur head down

Swish
08-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Last, but certainly not least, if you don't like reading red recruitment threads.... don't read them!

Well said Derubael ;) ... and I enjoy the free bumps for these threads...they're subconsciously embracing their inner red side <3

http://i.imgur.com/oQxnhfH.gif

http://i.imgur.com/irZisre.gif

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
08-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Or make friends on red!

phacemeltar
08-07-2014, 07:28 PM
you'll probably go back to blue with ur head down

i did this, no friends to be had for i

Telemakus
08-07-2014, 07:37 PM
make the switch, you'll appreciate it.

Bring friends, or you'll probably go back to blue with ur head down

I had fun on red for awhile with a couple friends before they stopped playing p1999. I'll say three things:

1) My experience on red was that anyone higher level than me was awesome and helpful totally cool dudes (maybe one or two exceptions). Anyone my level was twinked and scowling at me ready to attack.

2) lack of population, plus the general KOS everything mentality, meant grouping never happened for me outside of my two friends.

3) I learned a lot and got to experience itemquest the likes of which are not possible on Blue. Any drop I sought was uncamped, and it was pretty cool. I learned a lot.

Purdee
08-07-2014, 07:52 PM
how bad can it be? swish always seems pretty level headed, if he's enjoying it....can't be that bad there?

PurpleSK
08-07-2014, 07:53 PM
That's it. Swish, you have finally convinced me to play on red.

:D

loramin
08-07-2014, 08:10 PM
how bad can it be? swish always seems pretty level headed, if he's enjoying it....can't be that bad there?

That's it. Swish, you have finally convinced me to play on red.

:D

Oh dear god people don't encourage him! If you do that we'll never see the end of these "we're lonely" threads filled with animated dogs.

... although actually, on second thought, I do like animated dog gifs ... carry on.

DarkwingDuck
08-07-2014, 08:16 PM
It's the population that's the problem which will never be fixed so I stick with blue :(

Literally every acts like they are 14 still . I played entire live career on rallos, but won't play on red..tried it .. I prefer grouping and playing the game , then banking someone fighting a mob.. Then being immature about it in/ooc cause ooc is global..

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
08-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Went to red from blue about 9 months ago and have no regrets. Almost every one of the forum trolls are pretty stand up guys.

There are FAR bigger spergs on blue than there are on red. It's a different beast altogether and I guarantee that once you pvp your first time or see your first competition in zone doing a /who you're not gonna want to go back to that snooze Fest.

Just remember to keep it fun. As with anything on the internet, getting mad will only make it worse.

Pringles
08-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Went to red from blue about 9 months ago and have no regrets.

I regret you moving to red.

dustysr06
08-07-2014, 08:53 PM
theres more to red than just pvp, there are plenty of mechanics that work differently on red (aoe's for example, and friendly fire in general) that make the server actually interesting to play on- you have to think and in some cases change your strategies that you've used on blue for the last x amount of years.. its not just about PK'ing, though that is extremely entertaining too

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
08-07-2014, 08:55 PM
I regret you moving to red.

<3 I'll be on my shaman at least once before the baby comes. Pm sent.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
08-07-2014, 08:59 PM
theres more to red than just pvp, there are plenty of mechanics that work differently on red (aoe's for example, and friendly fire in general) that make the server actually interesting to play on- you have to think and in some cases change your strategies that you've used on blue for the last x amount of years.. its not just about PK'ing, though that is extremely entertaining too

There are also an enormous number of pve tricks you can employ including:

- perma rooted charmed pets.
- Malo while pet still charmed.
- ToT team members who are oom/fm or bards and getting some free mana.
- used to have clickies to ourselves but it appears that's on blue too.

Lots more I'm not thinking of right now.

Come on over, bring some friends and experience some fun!!!

Meg
08-07-2014, 09:35 PM
I joined tonight. I made it to level 2! But, no one was in GFay except an elf trying to sell things, so I really had nothing to worry about.

silo32
08-07-2014, 10:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AyhV3Ai.gif

webrunner5
08-07-2014, 10:42 PM

Red is crap and please stop coming on here and trying to recruit people. It is shit and always will be. There is a REASON there is like 100 people on the server. It SUCKS. I know there is some very nice people on it, but there is enough zit faced 13 year old jackasses that live in their mom's basement to F it for everyone. Go away. :mad:

Tewaz
08-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Red is very enjoyable, and makes blue tough to play. I try to play my super twinked Necro on blue, but I just struggle most of the time because I can't just attack to take a camp I want.

happyhappy
08-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Red is great, it keeps all the people I'd never want to interact with on their own secluded server to shit on each other.

A+

Ivory
08-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Red is great, it keeps all the people I'd never want to interact with on their own secluded server to shit on each other.

A+

Yup. Have you ever read their forum?? I'm actually really happy red exists....or else they would be here !_!

silo32
08-07-2014, 11:48 PM
Red is crap and please stop coming on here and trying to recruit people. It is shit and always will be. There is a REASON there is like 100 people on the server. It SUCKS. I know there is some very nice people on it, but there is enough zit faced 13 year old jackasses that live in their mom's basement to F it for everyone. Go away. :mad:

I can see how one may feel red is a threat to there pixel parade, no one likes to get wacked when there not ready for it.

+1 to red is worth more than +100 to blue

/duel

iruinedyourday
08-08-2014, 03:07 AM
I joined tonight. I made it to level 2! But, no one was in GFay except an elf trying to sell things, so I really had nothing to worry about.

oh but so many evergreen leaves to pick up! :D

Schwing
08-08-2014, 03:43 AM
I mean, maybe if PVP was somewhere in the region of 'almost good' in this game

mtb tripper
08-08-2014, 03:44 AM
join red today

Swish
08-08-2014, 04:29 AM
I mean, maybe if PVP was somewhere in the region of 'almost good' in this game

Some classes more enjoyable than others for pvp...that's for sure.

Find one that you enjoy :)

Purdee
08-08-2014, 09:20 AM

Yet you still click the thread, and type out all the anger.... Mind boggling

myriverse
08-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Yet you still click the thread, and type out all the anger.... Mind boggling
Catharsis is good.

Purdee
08-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Catharsis is good.

Lol I guess, aren't there better ways though 😉

Swish
08-08-2014, 10:07 AM

Don't hate on webrunner, he gives free thread bumps :)

http://media0.giphy.com/media/7H71dTLo8WMX6/giphy.gif

Swish
08-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Hello everyone! I have seen the various advertising for Red on the Blue forums and I believe I am ready to bite.

http://i.imgur.com/qVBZLHL.gif

Daldaen
08-08-2014, 12:03 PM
No

Swish
08-08-2014, 12:20 PM
pvp happened: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=053_1407359565

Swish
08-10-2014, 04:34 AM
No

http://www.whohidthechocolatefountain.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/gif-10-cartoon-deep.gif

Clark
08-10-2014, 04:43 AM
Lol

Lopretni
08-10-2014, 07:20 AM
No

Aveenia
08-10-2014, 11:02 PM
I will roll on Red if... they get a reverse PoD so I can turn in my book to not be PvP.

Whirled
08-11-2014, 11:55 AM
I will roll on Red if... they get a reverse PoD so I can turn in my book to not be PvP.

^ !! amazing idea #2174020542b

+ when u hand in the PvE book your toon color :
Name Surname <Guild>
^ Become black & white / checkered like a referee... no?

myriverse
08-11-2014, 12:18 PM
Rainbow names. Care Bears Forever!

Swish
08-11-2014, 12:27 PM
The only way to get people over en masse is to set up a ticket barrier and tell them the queue for dragon pixels starts "here" :(

I'm quite surprised the "classic"/start from scratch crowd aren't over on red giving it a try, its a refreshing change from seeing level 3s in full cultural.

Whirled
08-11-2014, 12:52 PM
The only way to get people over en masse is to set up a ticket barrier and tell them the queue for dragon pixels starts "here" :(

I'm quite surprised the "classic"/start from scratch crowd aren't over on red giving it a try, its a refreshing change from seeing level 3s in full cultural.

Probably best to wipe red clean 2014 :rolleyes:

GnashingOfTeeth
08-11-2014, 12:53 PM

I would join if this works.

Daldaen
08-11-2014, 12:54 PM
I would join if this works.

This for sure!

indiscriminate_hater
08-11-2014, 01:20 PM
its a refreshing channge from seeing level 3s in dull cultural.

You're right I'd rather see level 5s with fungis and celestial fists standing over my corpse calling me a pussy

Tewaz
08-11-2014, 01:25 PM
You're right I'd rather see level 5s with fungis and celestial fists standing over my corpse calling me a pussy

Nah dawg, exp bonus would bump you above 5 too quickly.

Swish
08-11-2014, 01:51 PM

A fungi tunic is a wasted BP slot item in a 1v1, get your AC/resist gear on :p

Swish
08-11-2014, 03:36 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/943322e7f35867d53cb3ad8b9e1d5c6a/tumblr_ms79drPzsG1r2r773o1_250.gif

http://i.minus.com/iPyyflZMKrjDg.gif

http://media.giphy.com/media/63hsumC2uQPE4/giphy.gifhttp://media.giphy.com/media/63hsumC2uQPE4/giphy.gif

http://i.imgur.com/KTf1HKJ.jpg

Swish
08-11-2014, 03:37 PM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_toVYjeiEqpA/TTE4fbzjmrI/AAAAAAAAELQ/fxL81KVmWDA/s512/Martin-Luther-King-Day-orkut%20scraps.gif

Clark
08-11-2014, 04:22 PM

Lojik
08-12-2014, 09:11 AM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_toVYjeiEqpA/+fbzjmrI/AAAAAAAAELQ/fxL81KVmWDA/s512/Martin-Luther-King-Day-orkut%20scraps.gif

I'm confused...is this supposed to show how popular pvp servers were? Cause I count 44283 non pvp players to 3569 pvp (excluding test + chat servers) at a ratio of ~12.4:1, which means red here comprises a higher percentage of the population than the old pvp servers. Classic eq only attracts so many people, and a higher percentage of those are already playing red than back in the day.

Swish
08-13-2014, 06:16 AM
I'm confused...is this supposed to show how popular pvp servers were? Cause I count 44283 non pvp players to 3569 pvp (excluding test + chat servers) at a ratio of ~12.4:1, which means red here comprises a higher percentage of the population than the old pvp servers. Classic eq only attracts so many people, and a higher percentage of those are already playing red than back in the day.

Certainly true. I say shut down blue for a week and people will filter over to either red or the beta for "something to do" :)

Tewaz
08-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Swish brought his A game to this thread.

captnamazing
08-13-2014, 02:15 PM
I tried red. It's bad. GG wp

Glenzig
08-13-2014, 02:26 PM
You're going to get shot in the head Swish. Talkin' all that equality propaganda. Then all your illegitimate kids from red are going to try to get your gear. Don't go down that road if you can't pay that price Swish!

Swish
08-14-2014, 05:25 AM
http://i.minus.com/jnNlq3v893rQd.png

I'll continue to campaign for equality between boxes, and one day the discrimination and prejudice exacted on the red box by the blue box will be gone.

Right now we got a Rosa Parks situation, y'all would have the red players sitting at the back of the bus.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2eBX8e7COcbC512NIySb8kfMR9lx8i SLS-BC-rmVuZLiPNbW1JA

Oleris
08-14-2014, 08:01 AM
I'd consider a red server if there was some sort of dramatic added XP bonus or FV loot rules.

Treats
08-14-2014, 08:31 AM
Right now we got a Rosa Parks situation, y'all would have the red players sitting at the back of the short bus.

Fixed that for ya.

Swish
08-14-2014, 11:15 AM
http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.15300335.2137/fig,black,mens,ffffff.jpg

Swish
08-14-2014, 11:22 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EfUxWtPaFKQ/UlrxcdjCduI/AAAAAAAAGHs/F17ReaScDW8/s400/oppression+ahead.jpg

I just reinstalled and can connect to the blue server fine everytime, but when I try to play on red I just get a 1017. Are there extra files I need for the red server? I didn't see anything listed on the install guide and I cannot remember if I need to do something different.

Straight from the technical discussion forum.

Glenzig
08-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Fixed that for ya.

So blue players get the front of the short bus?

Swish
08-14-2014, 11:28 AM
End the injustice...stop this from occurring in every red recruitment post :( ...

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/1/5/1/6/1/7/9/ggg-18593515464.jpeg

Tulnavara
08-14-2014, 11:32 AM
I'd consider a red server if there was some sort of dramatic added XP bonus or FV loot rules.

You mean something like this?

Group Experience Bonus -

Project 1999 Red now has a 50% experience bonus from 1-60. In addition to this, for each group member, a 40% experience modifier will be added to all XP the group obtains. This means that with a full 6 member group, you will be provided a 290% bonus to all experience gained, 1-60.

This will provide a faster leveling experience than on blue, but still allow people to take the time to learn their character, meet new friends, and encounter new enemies on their way to level 60. Have your friends roll on red with you, and enjoy the journey!

Granted I suppose 290% isn't that dramatic.

Swish
08-14-2014, 11:42 AM
Have your friends roll on red with you, and enjoy the journey!

pras Derubael

SNIPERS
08-14-2014, 12:17 PM
I've hit 60 and raided on both servers and i'll tell you this about red...i quit and here's why.

- the whole server isn't toxic, it's the 80/20 rule. 80% of the bs and drama is caused by 20% of the people
- your forced to either choose nihilum vs. the resistance vs. fly solo
- Both leaders, nizzar and jibekn have a history of RMT. I don't like the fact that upper management has had this huge blemish on their resume. Lite isn't a leader anymore, but he's so fixated on hating nihilum and he's just retarded.

the box is small and personal, but becuase it's so small...you're forced to interact in one way or another with these toxic people if your reach endgame..i.e. lite, nizzar, jibekn.

Swish
08-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Couldn't imagine going to a pvp server and not guilding.

Red far less enjoyable when guildless... #justsaying :)

Clark
08-14-2014, 06:43 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EfUxWtPaFKQ/UlrxcdjCduI/AAAAAAAAGHs/F17ReaScDW8/s400/oppression+ahead.jpg

Lol

Swish
08-14-2014, 07:19 PM
JC'ed up some HP rings, and some wis/cha gear for a new pair starting on red tonight (after getting unbanned for a misunderstanding).

If you've already started and managed to scrape some plat together I'm happy to do some JC for you at cost (bring me the mats) :p

Will be in Sweden this weekend with some Europa pals, but leave a PM after the beep...

Swish
08-15-2014, 05:15 PM
So with the weekend upon us, queues for camps and pixels will be longer than usual.

If you don't want to wait in line, why not make a character on the red server? Just a thought ;)

Tewaz
08-15-2014, 05:47 PM
If Swish makes my gear I will dole out Haste and clarity to noobs at a leveling spot of his choice.

Zarzob
08-15-2014, 07:12 PM
I've been playing red (only) on & off for a few years. Since they've put in the group xp bonus it's been much more fun.

talian21
08-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Hi, this is the Server Chat forum, and these kinds of caustic comments aren't allowed here.
It seems, however, that every-time one of these goes up, someone from blue, "the non-toxic server" comes in and makes a post like this - essentially proving there's just as high a percentage raging assholes on blue as there are on red.

high percentage of raging assholes? a bit hypocritical, doncha think Derubael, to get on someones case for "caustic comments" then make one of your own, in the very same post?

Swish
08-17-2014, 06:44 AM
high percentage of raging assholes? a bit hypocritical, doncha think Derubael, to get on someones case for "caustic comments" then make one of your own, in the very same post?

Deru has a point though. People look down on the red server, refuse to try it and get mad at the red pop wanting to boost its numbers. Why? What's wrong with offering a hand to those that are interested?

Personally I enjoy the "red is bad" comments - they keep the thread bumped and make me want to try harder to change that perception.

Tewaz I'll be back on Tuesday to make your items, if you'd like to pass on the good karma that'd be great - maybe we could arrange a buff session for players in Crushbone, EC or FoB (and I can port and bind trolls/ogres/erudites/etc if needed)

TL;DR - consider red.gif

Brut
08-17-2014, 07:32 AM
Don't think red is that bad or that EQ pvp in general is bad. Problemo is the server populance is a pale disappointing shadow of what it was on launch, and unfortunately no time machine available.

Derubael
08-17-2014, 08:35 AM

I don't really consider that a caustic comment. If it had been aimed at someone specific, maybe, but describing a disposition (albeit a poor one) is, in my mind, not crossing the line.

This however, does:

See the difference? =X.

Treats
08-17-2014, 10:41 AM
I don't understand the point of posting these recruitment threads in the Blue Forum.

If people wanted to play on Red they would.

It's pretty hard to miss "Project 1999 (2): Red (PvP, Kunark)" on the Server select screen each time you log in.

Swish
08-17-2014, 10:47 AM
I don't understand the point of posting these recruitment threads in the Blue Forum.

It's pretty hard to miss "Project 1999 (2): Red (PvP, Kunark)" on the Server select screen each time you log in.

Wanna point me in the direction of where else the red server could recruit 15 year old elf sim players from?

This is the best place because people believe in P99 over "other" EQ servers, and its confirmed a better attempt at classic here than SOE's progression server attempts.

Sorry about that. By all means just ignore this thread if not interested though.

Glenzig
08-17-2014, 12:27 PM

You don't understand that this isn't "the blue forum". Its the General Server forum. Its where the Starting Zone, Technical discussion, Guild Discussion, Screenshots, and Off Topic subsections are located. There is no Blue Server subsection. Anyone can post here.

Brut
08-17-2014, 12:39 PM
You don't understand that this isn't "the blue forum". Its the General Server forum. Its where the Starting Zone, Technical discussion, Guild Discussion, Screenshots, and Off Topic subsections are located. There is no Blue Server subsection. Anyone can post here.

...Why are there seperate Pvp Server Chat/Guild Discussion/Trade Hub/RnF then?

Glenzig
08-17-2014, 12:59 PM
...Why are there seperate Pvp Server Chat/Guild Discussion/Trade Hub/RnF then?

So that they can discuss issues that are specific to pvp. That's different than trying to recruit players to their server. If they started posting junk about their intra-server disputes, then that would be removed no doubt. But they are allowed to post recruitment threads and comment on general server issues in this section of the forums. Derubael and Sirken have already been over this several times.

Swish
08-17-2014, 05:06 PM
Perhaps you'll be interested in pvp teams further down the line? Why not get a good feel for basic pvp mechanics and combat now?

Think about it ;)

SenoraRaton
08-17-2014, 05:18 PM
I demand EQUALITY for all then! The Red server has had its red privilege for far too long, special RED only forums are an atrocity. Where is the blue only forum, where we may truly seek refuge from the scourge that is the red server?

Swish
08-17-2014, 05:21 PM
I demand EQUALITY for all then! The Red server has had its red privilege for far too long, special RED only forums are an atrocity. Where is the blue only forum, where we may truly seek refuge from the scourge that is the red server?

Should be put below the red forum section if created. Too many blue trolls lately, not good for P99's first impression to new players.

Swish
08-19-2014, 05:34 AM
If you've already started and managed to scrape some plat together I'm happy to do some JC for you at cost (bring me the mats) :p.

Send a PM if you need anything made. Plat reserves low so unable to do anymore nice freebies, but things with gold bars/cheap gems obviously still doable (cha bracers/MR bracers etc).

I'd guess anyone who can make it into the 20s on their first charactee will be able to save some plat...or of course there are those who trade their red plat for blue, so thats an idea too :)

Swish
08-19-2014, 09:48 AM
Working on a full menu for people to order from (cost prices).

Apologies to the blue TunnelQuest JC'ers... it kinda exposes your profit margins.

http://i.imgur.com/pKWDBpq.jpg

If buying HP rings I'd ask that you get the fire opals (available in Sol Ro Temple for 550 gold pieces each).

Also note, if you're a level 1 player wanting 10x HP rings to "flip"... I'm onto you!

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
08-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Working on a full menu for people to order from (cost prices).

Apologies to the blue TunnelQuest JC'ers... it kinda exposes your profit margins.

http://i.imgur.com/pKWDBpq.jpg

If buying HP rings I'd ask that you get the fire opals (available in Sol Ro Temple for 550 gold pieces each).

Also note, if you're a level 1 player wanting 10x HP rings to "flip"... I'm onto you!

Swish crafted me my set that I still wear today.

A true hero in my books.

Rhayne05
08-19-2014, 11:51 AM
Just rolled an enchanter on Blue, got killed by the first Moss Snake i attacked, realised i hadn't put on my dagger or spells. Tried again, success with 2 HP left!

So ya... if Moss snakes are scarey, I can't imagine another player around me *cry*

Buuuuut, its always worth a shot :) Might try it later for giggles. No promises!

Swish
08-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Just rolled an enchanter on Blue, got killed by the first Moss Snake i attacked, realised i hadn't put on my dagger or spells. Tried again, success with 2 HP left!

So ya... if Moss snakes are scarey, I can't imagine another player around me *cry*

Buuuuut, its always worth a shot :) Might try it later for giggles. No promises!

1-12 as an enchanter requires much patience :p

Swish
08-19-2014, 01:18 PM
Swish crafted me my set that I still wear today.

A true hero in my books.

I give what I can! If someone were to sponsor helping new players get some basic MR/stat gear I'm sure that would build a player base that'll have the will to try pvp but also to feel invested and stay.

...which is to say that a lot of blue players are used to having full Sol Ro temple armor, fancy robes and all sparkly at level 4-5, and don't want to start fully naked.

Not much I can do about weapons, robes, and that kind of thing but there was a red player in another thread offering to help in that aspect. You want bling tho? I can do it...and that is thanks to an investment by a certain red wizard I leveled with who invested in me when I first went to red. In true EQ spirit, you keep the karmic wheel turning :)

Ratstomper
08-19-2014, 09:51 PM
I'd like to play on Red, but yeah the pop is a killer for me. I want to play ona server with people on it.

I might try it out, but no promises.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
08-19-2014, 10:17 PM
I give what I can! If someone were to sponsor helping new players get some basic MR/stat gear I'm sure that would build a player base that'll have the will to try pvp but also to feel invested and stay.

...which is to say that a lot of blue players are used to having full Sol Ro temple armor, fancy robes and all sparkly at level 4-5, and don't want to start fully naked.

Not much I can do about weapons, robes, and that kind of thing but there was a red player in another thread offering to help in that aspect. You want bling tho? I can do it...and that is thanks to an investment by a certain red wizard I leveled with who invested in me when I first went to red. In true EQ spirit, you keep the karmic wheel turning :)

Nail meet hammer.

Getting my jewellery cemented my investment in my character.

Swish: I have no idea when I'm going to be on next but hit me up I can donate some cash for jewellery making!

Sirken
08-19-2014, 11:35 PM
red propaganda, racism, and bad grammar - http://youtu.be/K7vnoPPJKAg

Swish
08-20-2014, 07:24 AM
red propaganda, racism, and bad grammar - http://youtu.be/K7vnoPPJKAg

If you know your conjunction from your conjecture, don't roll on red :rolleyes:

Sirken
08-20-2014, 12:58 PM
If you know your conjunction from your conjecture, don't roll on red :rolleyes:

thats some science level english right there

Clark
08-20-2014, 12:59 PM
Lol

Swish
08-21-2014, 12:21 PM
Also, thanks to a reminder... remember you can play TunnelQuest while leveling up on red.

Give it a try... go on... you want to try red...

https://data.archive.moe/board/wsg/image/1384/14/1384145811922.gif

Lisset
08-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Also, thanks to a reminder... remember you can play TunnelQuest while leveling up on red.

Give it a try... go on... you want to try red...

No. Really. I don't.

Swish
08-21-2014, 12:41 PM
http://www.onslowsposters.com/images/M/army_recruitment_poster.jpg

gildor
08-21-2014, 12:53 PM
the ONLY time I played pvp in EQ was when I started playing..logged into Rallos, made a troll shaman..

some awesome high level looking char handed me this wicked necklace with skeleton illusion..I equipped it :/ waited to load after dying and never logged in again

Swish
08-21-2014, 01:02 PM
Well on that kind of point, its true that you won't last long on red without some persistence.

People can be persistent with blue, even poopsock a mob for 8-16 hours, but some don't like the idea of having to do a 5-10 minute corpse run because of pvp. It's quite odd to me.

gildor
08-21-2014, 01:06 PM
IF the population was there I am much more versed in pvp than I was then..I may give it a try. :) Wana help a newb out swish?

Swish
08-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Wana help a newb out swish?

Always, I've exhausted my plat mountain (well, more of a hill) on red but with anything else... if you can bring me the materials for JC I can totally put stuff together for free :p

It just takes some persistence, roll somewhere you like to level and give it a try... 10-12 levels later you'll have some plat to work with I hope :)

Whirled
08-21-2014, 01:16 PM
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mhfZNvWoLT8/Tgg9OOmbkeI/AAAAAAAAAtg/TaDQKDkqXzA/s1600/jedi-mind-control.jpg

I wanted to leave work & log into Red but my boss wont let me.
Would /petition help me with this scenario?

indiscriminate_hater
08-21-2014, 01:34 PM
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mhfZNvWoLT8/Tgg9OOmbkeI/AAAAAAAAAtg/TaDQKDkqXzA/s1600/jedi-mind-control.jpg

I wanted to leave work & log into Red but my boss wont let me.
Would /petition help me with this scenario?

just send your boss a "/q" IM

Whirled
08-21-2014, 01:40 PM
just send your boss a "/q" IM

If/When I hit the lottery maybe. I guess till then I gotta be a cog in the machine

Swish
08-24-2014, 08:29 AM
Sunday is an excellent day for red, as with blue generally a higher pop :)

Swish
08-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Free yourselves!

http://i.imgur.com/KKHaCX4.gif

Tewaz
08-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Gif game so strong.

rgostic
08-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Red sucks because if I want to cook food, do chores, exercise, or get laid, I have to log out so I don't get ganked. On Blue you can just afk.

Tewaz
08-24-2014, 02:17 PM
Red sucks because if I want to cook food, do chores, exercise, or get laid, I have to log out so I don't get ganked. On Blue you can just afk.

You should log out to save your buff timers.

#protip

Swish
11-12-2014, 09:08 AM

Hitting camp isn't that hard though, is it? :rolleyes:

Glenzig
11-12-2014, 09:46 AM

So blue is better because playing blue mostly involves not playing at all?

Llodd
11-12-2014, 10:05 AM
No, it involves lots of coitus.

Glenzig
11-12-2014, 12:16 PM
No, it involves lots of coitus.

Well good for you, but those are two separate events. Also there is an option to log out.

maestrom
11-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Well good for you, but those are two separate events. Also there is an option to log out.

Your argument for Red is that we can turn the game off when we aren't sitting at the computer?

Because the argument for Blue was that standing up and going to the bathroom/doing some quick chores did not involve the extra steps of finding a hiding place or camping out.

Nirgon
11-12-2014, 12:40 PM
If you think blue is this non-toxic environment that won't burn you out.......

Come join us if you want to see raid mobs and have a Velious launch that isn't north ro/ice clad crashing with entitlement fights and 1500+ (plus every one of their alts) portal teeth lines

There is also this thing called "raid time" that isn't 10 hours before a mob pops at some random hour of the work day. We start at an expected time without tracking for 20 hours. Its like real EQ was. Blue holds itself to be this bastion of integrity and kindness. Why weren't mobs just put into a calendar rotation? And if a guild failed to show up at the designated spawn time (or within an hour) the next guild got it? Answer! Easy one I have it! Blue is extremely toxic! No one has any real interest of community except for promoting themselves or twisting rules to put themselves ahead.... and if you think the RL attacks were bad on red!? Good God the things I have seen on blue at times. DISCLAIMER: There are shitty people on the internet! Red server or blue server! It matters not!

BOTH servers need to clean up their act. Red is no different than blue.

There is an entire thread stickied and dedicated to scamming on the blue trade forums. NUFF SAID.

Come to red, level up with your friends that want to DO THEIR EPIC not BUY IT. Holo crootin'.

Glenzig
11-12-2014, 12:45 PM
Your argument for Red is that we can turn the game off when we aren't sitting at the computer?

No. Just a counter argument to the argument that you can't sit afk for hours on red. Which is a pretty ridiculous argument really. Why are you logged into a game for a long period of time without playing it?

webrunner5
11-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Come join us if you want to see raid mobs and have a Velious launch that isn't north ro/ice clad crashing with entitlement fights and 1500+ (plus every one of their alts) portal teeth lines.

BOTH servers need to clean up their act. Red is no different than blue.

Well stated on the Velious roll out. It will not be a pretty site to see. :eek:

maestrom
11-12-2014, 02:16 PM
No. Just a counter argument to the argument that you can't sit afk for hours on red. Which is a pretty ridiculous argument really. Why are you logged into a game for a long period of time without playing it?

Because I'm medding. Or I'm waiting for Hadden. Or I had a phonecall. Or I wanted to go stand in the backyard for a minute. Or I wanted to get my /played up.

Not having to camp out and log back in is a convenience that is less available on red. If I can just afk, my tells will be waiting for me when I get back. Or messages from guild or from the zone. I don't have to resummon my pet. I don't have to look at the loading screen for a few seconds.

Blue allows safer AFKs than red does, which is convenient. It increases the amount of time that I am playing the game when I am sitting at my computer because I'm spending less time camping/relogging/running to a safe spot to hide.

It's not a HUGE advantage but it certainly isn't trivial.

Glenzig
11-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Because I'm medding. Or I'm waiting for Hadden. Or I had a phonecall. Or I wanted to go stand in the backyard for a minute. Or I wanted to get my /played up.

Not having to camp out and log back in is a convenience that is less available on red. If I can just afk, my tells will be waiting for me when I get back. Or messages from guild or from the zone. I don't have to resummon my pet. I don't have to look at the loading screen for a few seconds.

Blue allows safer AFKs than red does, which is convenient. It increases the amount of time that I am playing the game when I am sitting at my computer because I'm spending less time camping/relogging/running to a safe spot to hide.

It's not a HUGE advantage but it certainly isn't trivial.

Guess that's a letter of perspective. I like having something to do when I'm on and having to pay at least a minimum of attention even when medding keeps me from drifting off to sleep.

maestrom
11-12-2014, 03:05 PM
NBD :P Its just play style. Its why I play Blue. To me, Everquest is a lot like watching TV.

When I want a more stress-inducing full attention experience, I play Dark Souls.

iruinedyourday
11-12-2014, 03:28 PM
NBD :P Its just play style. Its why I play Blue. To me, Everquest is a lot like watching TV.

When I want a more stress-inducing full attention experience, I play Dark Souls.

I payed rallos zek from start to finish of my EQ life before p99.. I went blue here because the entire time (though I had a great time obviously, I'm here now arnt I?) I was like "I JUST WANT TO RELAX FOR 5 MINUETS AND ENJOY THE SOOTHING SOUNDS OF EQ RAIN!!" ie, stand up, go fix dinner and come back to a medding character instead of a dead one missing my brand new BP :(

Fame
11-12-2014, 03:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EWdGWfZ.gif

Colgate
11-12-2014, 04:31 PM
I payed rallos zek from start to finish of my EQ life before p99.. I went blue here because the entire time (though I had a great time obviously, I'm here now arnt I?) I was like "I JUST WANT TO RELAX FOR 5 MINUETS AND ENJOY THE SOOTHING SOUNDS OF EQ RAIN!!" ie, stand up, go fix dinner and come back to a medding character instead of a dead one missing my brand new BP :(

there's no item loot on red99

Genedin
11-12-2014, 05:22 PM
You can also call loot and scoot, so you can't get corpse camped. You die, nothing really happens, and you can get your stuff and continue to play.

Nuuklyar
11-13-2014, 07:25 PM
well decided to give it a try.

Made a new char - logged in - killing first mob I see.

Some guy comes at me and slaughters me - fair enough.

Loot my corpse and attack another mob. Same guy killed me again. 3 times within 10 minutes...he was heavily twinked.

Finally I just respawn, log off, delete char.

Won't be back on red. PVP should be fun... but not like that it wasn't.

iruinedyourday
11-13-2014, 07:29 PM
well decided to give it a try.

Made a new char - logged in - killing first mob I see.

Some guy comes at me and slaughters me - fair enough.

Loot my corpse and attack another mob. Same guy killed me again. 3 times within 10 minutes...he was heavily twinked.

Finally I just respawn, log off, delete char.

Won't be back on red. PVP should be fun... but not like that it wasn't.

I imagine this is what happens when two blue people encounter each other in the early levels of red :P

Ill bet that person who found you a couple times just raged quit after an AC camp dispute or bard monopolizing his merbs in OT :P

NegaStoat
11-13-2014, 07:58 PM
I gave Red a try a long while back during the time that the Teams server was announced as coming 'soon'. Same experience as the poster a bit above. I started in Faydwer so I knew better than to try to level in Gfay, and headed for butcherblock. Got bombed repeatedly after cresting level 6 from bone chip turn ins by a twink druid with high HP / Mana gear. Called loot and scoot, logged off, took a break, returned, and headed to Steamfont to continue leveling.

Within 30 minutes I was getting bombed by the same druid again. I had Anon running so I was at a loss at what I was doing wrong. Logged off, deleted, and gave the guy what he wanted. He wanted me gone, so I was gone.

For the folks beating a dead horse with the "join Red" threads, I pose you the following question.

If Everquest with PvP was the BEST way to play the game, wouldn't Red have 1200+ players in the evening, and blue have 200 instead? If I wanted a fantasy game with PvP I'd be playing DAoC. EQ was never meant for it.

Loadsamoney
11-13-2014, 08:15 PM
I'm giving Red a try right now. I'm only a Level 2 Pally at the moment, but so far, of the few players I've bumped into, none of them have bothered me.

I can see this server being fun as long as you don't go around trying to make enemies. Things will be what they will,.

iruinedyourday
11-13-2014, 09:06 PM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/bdd/791/ac4/resized/taken-meme-generator-i-don-t-know-who-you-are-but-i-m-gonna-find-you-and-i-m-gonna-kill-you-99e857.jpg

Loadsamoney
11-13-2014, 09:09 PM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/bdd/791/ac4/resized/taken-meme-generator-i-don-t-know-who-you-are-but-i-m-gonna-find-you-and-i-m-gonna-kill-you-99e857.jpg

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3325135104/hCD0B2602/

Swish
11-21-2014, 08:34 PM
So I shook a magic 8 ball earlier...

http://s28.postimg.org/hutnnpxel/newsign_php_line1_Try_red_line2_today_line3_pals.j pg

<3

coki
11-22-2014, 03:31 AM
I think he is referring to the fact that chocolate is generally deemed "poisonous" for dogs consumption. Though I had a dog that ate several full bars and lived quite long. Her stomach may have been made of steel though.

Funny metaphor though. Giving people something toxic...

milk chocolate is relatively harmless to dogs and will most likely just make them sick, the darker the chocolate and the more coco in it will kill them especially bakers chocolate...