PDA

View Full Version : Necro Power Level

Castamere
08-05-2014, 10:22 AM
I heard it kind of slumps off after the receiver hits 30. Is it still possible/worth while after that? My buddy is 60 with some decent gear. I'm a 38 cleric. If it is worth while, I would love to get your inputs on potential strategy.

Daldaen
08-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Reverse charm in lower Guk.

Necro charms mob. Sends it on another frog. Roots em. Uses CoS to instant break when both are low HP. DoTs with 1 DoT and FDs. You nuke each mob once. He doesn't even need to DoT if you're good about it.

Fun fact, charming a mob will reset it's damage taken. IE if a frog has 3k HP, and a necro DoTs it down 2.9k HP, leaving it with 100 left. Then he charm it and breaks it, you can nuke the last 100 hp off and get full exp. This is another way to utilize charm to PL, though it is far less efficient.

With Lich on and a cleric to heal / mobs to drain, you should be able to rock LGuk for awhile. I got PLed like this for a bit on my cleric and it was pretty good. Nothing like a bard AE PL. But still pretty solid.

Castamere
08-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Excellent! Thanks for the suggestion.

Swish
08-05-2014, 03:57 PM
I heard it kind of slumps off after the receiver hits 30. Is it still possible/worth while after that? My buddy is 60 with some decent gear. I'm a 38 cleric. If it is worth while, I would love to get your inputs on potential strategy.

Dude... :(

Solo cleric? Spectres til 49, ez pz.

Daldaen
08-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Spectres are absolutely awful exp as a cleric.

Get PL from 40-50 and then Chardok or duo with a charmer from 50-60.

Leveling up a cleric any other way is sad pandas boring.

Swish
08-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Spectres are absolutely awful exp as a cleric.

Get PL from 40-50 and then Chardok or duo with a charmer from 50-60.

Leveling up a cleric any other way is sad pandas boring.

Kill a spec every 5 minutes, what's awful about that? Worked for me...great semi-afk camp and decent cash as well.

Can spot a PL'd cleric a mile off, no thought given to roots, stuns, etc.

Daldaen
08-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Cause it's slowwwwww.

Unrest soloing was quick. Not too much AFK time. Respawning 2 hags every 7 min plus a 28 min spawn in center and a roaming hag you can have if you're feeling dangerous or get a clarity.

Killing 1 spectre every 5 min was too slow for me and mindnumbingly boring.

If you want to AFK and kill every 5min, meh. That's fine. But not for everyone.

Castamere
08-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Kill a spec every 5 minutes, what's awful about that? Worked for me...great semi-afk camp and decent cash as well.

Can spot a PL'd cleric a mile off, no thought given to roots, stuns, etc.

I've grouped up until this point, and plan on doing it again. While I know theres plenty of room for improvement, I am mindful of the other ways I can and should be assisting in group combat.

I love stunning casters. I normally have that gem bound to F or a button on my mouse for quick reaction.

EDIT: love your guide by the way. some great info.

HeallunRumblebelly
08-05-2014, 04:43 PM

It's better than a group. Just dot merbs (soul well staff + dots) and zone out near death. Or feign. Either works (I've used the dot + zone out with a shaman when I was in a pinch for 50+ PLing, worked well).

Swish
08-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Cause it's slowwwwww.

Classic EQ was meant to be slow.

Juevento
08-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Daldaen confirmed not classic.

captnamazing
08-05-2014, 05:58 PM
swish is right
specs are the greatest

what is more clerical than purging the land of undead scourge?

MilanderTruewield
08-06-2014, 01:01 AM
what is more clerical than purging the land of undead scourge?

Typing. Filing. :p

Daldaen
08-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Classic EQ was meant to be slow.

And yet, even in classic, people learned how to speed it up.

That's the fun in the game. Learning how to do things better. Faster, with less clearing, with less people, with less mana used. Innovation in those ends are why I enjoy playing. Plus... ClassicQuest.

Swish
08-06-2014, 08:56 AM
And yet, even in classic, people learned how to speed it up.

That's the fun in the game. Learning how to do things better. Faster, with less clearing, with less people, with less mana used. Innovation in those ends are why I enjoy playing. Plus... ClassicQuest.

We'll ignore zerging, min/max'ing ("omg dont invite that ranger to pull, but yeah we'll take the iksar monk at 44% penalty") and Chardok AOE then.

As long as you're enjoying yourself. Not everyone is the same.

Spectres were great for me as a dark elf cleric. Camped the ones in Feerott, all it took was running to the vendors outside Oggok, gating back and doing some more - earnt plenty of TunnelQuest tokens ;)