PDA

View Full Version : Luclin skeletons?

11bangbang
08-05-2014, 06:43 PM
is there any way to have the luclin skeleton models without having the wolves look huge? or am i stuck with having big wolves if i want the luclin skeletons?

captnamazing
08-05-2014, 06:44 PM
no

11bangbang
08-05-2014, 07:09 PM
no

is it just me or are the luclin skeleton models messed up a little pet? (no glowing eyes, skelly pet faces look odd)

Swish
08-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Funnily when I started on P99 there were oversized wolves in Gfay and horrible skeletons which must have been Luclin or more recent...they'd glide rather than "walk".

Keep to the classic models :)

a_gnoll_pup
08-05-2014, 07:54 PM
I don't think this is something the dev team supports and probably will remove in the future.

Oleris
08-05-2014, 08:54 PM
sirkens stream yesterday: He said they thought they disabled the models permamently and didn't expect someone figure out how to get luclin models working. If they could find a way to force classic models they would.

Lopretni
08-05-2014, 10:43 PM
sirkens stream yesterday: He said they thought they disabled the models permamently and didn't expect someone figure out how to get luclin models working. If they could find a way to force classic models they would.

I hope they never find a way to force it. I use classic models but other people using Luclin models affects no one else and it's kind of sad time and resources are getting put towards forcing it.

fahlen
08-05-2014, 11:53 PM
Skeletons on the moon tho.

blondeattk
08-06-2014, 03:01 AM

facist bastards!

:mad:

its entirely up to each user to choose what they want to see.

personally I think the luclin models are awful, cant see why folk would choose them anyway tbh.

iruinedyourday
08-06-2014, 03:15 AM
I hope they never find a way to force it. I use classic models but other people using Luclin models affects no one else and it's kind of sad time and resources are getting put towards forcing it.

it affects me, I'm very vain!

Clark
08-06-2014, 03:45 AM
Funnily when I started on P99 there were oversized wolves in Gfay and horrible skeletons which must have been Luclin or more recent...they'd glide rather than "walk".

Keep to the classic models :)

Swish
08-06-2014, 04:26 AM
Skeletons on the moon tho.

There's an idea for custom content in line with the gaming world today.

Nazi zombie undead cats on the moon with permadeath zones....suddenly P99 would have tens of thousands of people show up.

Lopretni
08-06-2014, 05:09 AM
Nazi zombie undead cats on the moon

Sounds like a Kickstarter.

Swish
08-06-2014, 05:39 AM
Sounds like a Kickstarter.

Also sounds like a mish mash of what's available on Steam lately :(

Lopretni
08-06-2014, 06:16 AM
Also sounds like a mish mash of what's available on Steam lately :(

I can't even tell you the last time I bought anything on Steam or from a sale, ever since the greenlight thing the library has become total garbage. Pretty much the same reason I stopped paying for Netflix, the streaming selection is terrible compared to what I can find through Google.

Rhambuk
08-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Boooo!!! HISSSSSSS!!! Luclin!

Arterian
08-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Luclin skeleton model is horrific. It looks like an 8th grader made it in art class. A true abomination even when compared to the atrocity of the other Luclin models.

Swish
08-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Luclin skeleton model is horrific. It looks like an 8th grader made it in art class. A true abomination even when compared to the atrocity of the other Luclin models.

I completely agree, they went for something "scary"...except it turned out looking almost alien like and grey/metallic rather than the traditional bone colour.

Classic all the way ;)

Glenzig
08-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Can't remember what the skellies looked ike in luclin era. Can someone please provide a picture?

Swish
08-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Can't remember what the skellies looked ike in luclin era. Can someone please provide a picture?

http://common.allakhazam.com/images/i/d/id758.png -vs- http://static-2.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/52103-1-1394911320.png

Glenzig
08-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Oh god. That's really bad. Why does it look like that? Its head is....its just so....i can't...

Swish
08-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Oh god. That's really bad. Why does it look like that? Its head is....its just so....i can't...

In all good conscience I couldn't roll a necro with Luclin skeletons :(

Locust
08-06-2014, 03:35 PM
if i had a gun with two bullets and i were in a room with hitler, bin laden, and luclin models, i would shoot luclin models twice.

Glenzig
08-06-2014, 03:47 PM
if i had a gun with two bullets and i were in a room with hitler, bin laden, and luclin models, i would shoot luclin models twice.

Well I would hope so. Hitler and Bin Laden are already dead.

Zaela
08-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Can't say I care for it myself, but...

is there any way to have the luclin skeleton models without having the wolves look huge? or am i stuck with having big wolves if i want the luclin skeletons?

http://i.imgur.com/ytrenGK.png

?

Danyelle
08-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Can't say I care for it myself, but...

http://i.imgur.com/ytrenGK.png

?

Rip em out and make a separate file?

What i had planned to do but never figured out a method. your tools can do that can't they?

Zaela
08-06-2014, 10:25 PM
Rip em out and make a separate file?

Yeah. Made a quick little tool for it this morning. Something I'd meant to do at some point before, but never had an excuse. Especially with all the hoops WLD format makes you jump through...

S3D Model Extracter: download (www.shardsofdalaya.com/S3D Model Extracter.7z), source (https://github.com/Zaela/S3DModelExtracter). Takes a selected model from a multi-model S3D file and copies all its data into its own individual S3D file so it can be loaded separately.

Could theoretically make zoning slightly faster by separating out individual models for chr.txt file loading. The way it's set up means the client would have to process most of the file even when it only wants 1 out of 16 models in it or whatever. Probably more effort than it's worth, though.

Not a perfect tool since some models use animations from different models (e.g. GOL uses GIA animations) but doesn't indicate that in any reliable way in the data itself, as far as I know. Hardcoded stuffs. May be bugs etc etc too.

Messianic
08-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Hateful luclin models are hateful

Clark
08-07-2014, 01:45 AM

SyanideGas
08-07-2014, 02:19 AM
That is hideous. Classic looks x10000 times better. Then again all luclin models suck anyways so.

Danyelle
08-07-2014, 07:04 AM
Yeah. Made a quick little tool for it this morning. Something I'd meant to do at some point before, but never had an excuse. Especially with all the hoops WLD format makes you jump through...

S3D Model Extracter: download (www.shardsofdalaya.com/S3D Model Extracter.7z), source (https://github.com/Zaela/S3DModelExtracter). Takes a selected model from a multi-model S3D file and copies all its data into its own individual S3D file so it can be loaded separately.

Could theoretically make zoning slightly faster by separating out individual models for chr.txt file loading. The way it's set up means the client would have to process most of the file even when it only wants 1 out of 16 models in it or whatever. Probably more effort than it's worth, though.

Not a perfect tool since some models use animations from different models (e.g. GOL uses GIA animations) but doesn't indicate that in any reliable way in the data itself, as far as I know. Hardcoded stuffs. May be bugs etc etc too.

I think I may be in love with you right now. Only way I could know for sure is if you're also a cute pixel-elf. Known for awhile what would have to be done to be able to pick and choose but never had the know-how or tools to do it. You're a lifesaver <3. Gonna work on this a bits later when I'm not exhausted and will update the Luclin model guide so that people may continue crying about their opinions of what does and doesn't look good because tears sustain me!

Kika Maslyaka
08-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Early Luclin models were indeed very ugly, but they only existed for a short time. they were reworked into better models a few months later:

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/d/5/d5f7087c51f5cdbed532c7bbb887c6c5.png

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/i/d/id13264.png

Swish
08-07-2014, 12:26 PM
I dunno, that metallic look implies that we're all terminators :p

Glenzig
08-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Early Luclin models were indeed very ugly, but they only existed for a short time. they were reworked into better models a few months later:

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/d/5/d5f7087c51f5cdbed532c7bbb887c6c5.png

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/i/d/id13264.png

Yeah those actually look way better than the current skellies.

Kika Maslyaka
08-07-2014, 01:18 PM
the models above are blue "Ice" and red "Blood", there is also regular white bone skelly, and also dark brown sort of "Burned/Ash" skeleton.

Zaela
08-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Thought those were PoP models. Their ID numbers are up there, in any case.

Zaela
08-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Known for awhile what would have to be done to be able to pick and choose but never had the know-how or tools to do it.

Have an idea how to scale giganto-wolves down as well. Might be annoying to get right due to how vertex positions are encoded in S3D-based meshes, though.

Danyelle
08-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Thought those were PoP models. Their ID numbers are up there, in any case.

LDoN. Aye it's an unrelated race that can't overwrite the Classic/Luclin ones (Classic/Luclin = 60, LDoN = 367)

And neat! That was the other issue lol.

Zaela
08-07-2014, 04:42 PM
it's an unrelated race that can't overwrite the Classic/Luclin ones (Classic/Luclin = 60, LDoN = 367)

Well, they could... just a matter of giving the data for one the name of the other. Unless classic skeles are hardcoded to use human animations as well? Although I don't recall humans collapsing into a pile of bones when they sit.

Danyelle
08-07-2014, 04:43 PM
At the moment Luclin skeletons are hardcoded to use luclin human male animations. There was a period of time that they had custom skeleton animations but they got replaced somewhere along the way.it may have ben the patch that let them ride horses, as they couldn't initially do that. Sony's way of being lazy i guess.

Zaela
08-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Yeah, it's a bit funny 'cuz luclin skeletons have a bunch of animation data that apparently goes unused.

Thinking about pre-luclin skeles though. If the 367 data is pasted over the classic skele data and you don't have the luclin one being loaded, might be able to make all skeletons look like the LDoN one without problems. Might depend how the client detects that the model being loaded is the luclin skele rather than the classic one, though. Might depend on the file it's being loaded from, or they might have different 3-letter identifiers... I'm not sure which file classic skele is loaded from at the moment, I'll have to go look ;p

iruinedyourday
08-07-2014, 05:04 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25736152/EQ/skelly.JPG

Danyelle
08-07-2014, 05:05 PM
global_chr.s3d. I made a lit of all races/id numbers and the files they're pulled from. Posted it to the EQEmu boards hehe.

Afaik (just layman's understanding) it just seems to check .eqg versus /s3d then after that may check file age? Seems to try to pull the newest available file/model that matches and uses whatever data may be within. animation/graphics etc. Doesn't seem to have any prior knowledge to what it's pulling so long as they match the expected number and it is capable of rendering it. Example: The race 30 ("Ghost") was in since classic days. But was never given a model/file and never used in game. Call of the Forsaken comes out not even a year ago and they finally give it a file/model. That file, if dragged to a client much older than CoTF (Underfoot, even Titanium) and added to globalload or a zone allows the race to load up perfectly fine.

So i don't think it should matter what animations etc are used, it just looks for the file that matches (my best guess, newest file but that's just a guess, i have no freaking clue lol) and pulls it and all data inside.

Zaela
08-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Generally the loading is straightforward, yeah. Pretty sure the order things are loaded in is the overriding factor when there are clashes (first wins). But in this specific case, it's less clear; both skeletons are named the same (SKE) but the client has to be able to distinguish them somehow to say "override the animations on this one" versus not doing that on the other. Just don't want to trip that accidentally!

Anywho, I might work up a generic "replace model A from file B with model C from file D" tool so someone can piss classic people off with screenshots of snakes using cazic thule's model or whatever. The other tool is already half-way there.

Danyelle
08-07-2014, 05:45 PM
Ok! Gonna wait to make the update to the guide until then so i can kill two birds with one stone in one patch rather than break it up into two. :)

Arterian
08-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Classic skeletons are amazing, great animations. All skeleton models after are terrible. The attack animation on the LDoN era skeleton is slow motion.

Zaela
08-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Well, made things easy on myself and just added a "rename" function to the extracter tool instead.

Using LDoN skeles in place of classic mostly works. Only trouble is that their sit and stand animations appear to get reversed, so they collapse into a pile of bones as they get up and uncollapse and freeze into the first frame of their standing position when sitting. Things straighten out as soon as they move, at least... Could probably fix that one way or another but more work than I care to put into it at this point. Oh, and the alternate textures don't work for whatever reason.

Instructions for nobody:
1) Copy skt_chr.s3d (LDoN skele file) and rename it to ske_chr.s3d
2) Go to ske_chr.s3d in the extracter tool, right-click the SKT_ACTORDEF bit that comes up in the other column and select "Rename Model"
3) In the rename popup, change SKT to SKE
4) Put ske_chr in your global load file above global_chr and/or global6_chr

Made me realize that the extracter tool currently misses alternate textures and particle data associated with a model. Might fix later.

edit:
Replacing one model with another globally is much the same:
1) Find a file containing the model you want (this list (http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?NPC_Models&frm=Main) is a good place to start if the model you want is not already global, otherwise it's probably in a file with "global" in its name)
2) Copy that file OR extract the desired model from it.
3) Find the 3-letter identifier for the model you want to replace (above list helps there too)
4) In the copied/extracted file, rename your desired model from whatever it's 3-letter identifier currently is to the 3-letter identifier of the model to be replaced
5) Put the copied/extracted file high up in the global load file (first line is fine)

If you have texture caching on (I think?) sometimes some of the original model's textures will show up instead of the proper ones. Should sort itself out, else you can delete the texture cache files.

Cazic Thule snakes work, other than having a bizarre kick animation (kicks his entire model at you). At least the cazic from unrest_chr, didn't try the one from fearplane_chr.

Making non-global replacements would also be doable, but more work to set up.