PDA

View Full Version : Windowed issue

Arterian
08-06-2014, 10:59 PM
I always have run in windowed mode, and the screen just about perfectly fits in my monitor. Something happened today and I froze, when I came back now the Windows taskbar encroaches on my screen at the bottom so I can't see part of my chat window. When I try to manually pull the monitor up and move the top bar that says "EverQuest" up, it rubberbands back down again.

Any ideas how to fix this?

phacemeltar
08-07-2014, 01:05 AM
i had some issues like this awhile back. im not sure how i fixed it, aside from a little tinkering. go into the eqclient.ini and try resizing the window some?

it sounds like, from your description, that your window doesnt come flush to the top of the screen. is that the case?

Herp
08-07-2014, 02:14 AM
I always have run in windowed mode, and the screen just about perfectly fits in my monitor. Something happened today and I froze, when I came back now the Windows taskbar encroaches on my screen at the bottom so I can't see part of my chat window. When I try to manually pull the monitor up and move the top bar that says "EverQuest" up, it rubberbands back down again.

Any ideas how to fix this?

I get this issue every few weeks, usually as a result of me clicking/alt-tabbing while loading a zone.

Fixing it takes some trial and error, but I always fix it within about 1-5 tries. It involves Closing all other windows and changing EQ resolutions a few times via options, and Alt+entering and back, and reloading EQ entirely, picking a char, and loading in to see if it is indeed fixed.