PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Harm Touch Timer uses, if target zone hops

silo32
08-06-2014, 11:57 PM
target at 30%, select target with tab, harm touch, target zones, harm touch is "interrupted" full refresh timer set on abililty

get rooted on other side with 167 mr and gang banged by rains while trying to pell chain fetters

http://i61.tinypic.com/m7qa35.jpg

silo32
08-07-2014, 01:29 AM
wasted my HT on air want it back or refreshed if not connected

http://i.imgur.com/YeRxu1W.gif

Colgate
08-07-2014, 10:39 AM
no

Not Salem
08-11-2014, 11:19 PM
I would also like backstab / flying kick / disarm / auto attack timers to be reset if they do not land

Mac Drettj
08-12-2014, 06:09 PM
There's another thread about "too far away" messages blowing timers on these abilities. Maybe related. Dunno where it's at.

Dullah
08-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Probably referring to that same bug with all special attacks if you use them from just in range. Theres no out of range message, but the ability is used and nothing happens.

Mac Drettj
08-28-2014, 02:33 PM
stupid bug please fix

sad it still exists 3 years in

Mac Drettj
08-28-2014, 11:27 PM
TWICE TODAY SRS?????

Nirgon
08-29-2014, 12:18 PM
So when I first read this bug I thought to myself L2P don't try to HT someone within a fraction of a second from zoning.

But...

I noticed this is especially problematic against people playing on Fisher Price typewriters.

An SK should be able to HT someone that zones into them every time. What I saw was someone simply HEADED to a ZL and no HT go off.... given about a 3 second window. Players ghost sometimes (yeah... great they do this) or just play on crumby PCs otherwise.

While that last notion is probably much harder to do and we've already dumped a ton on the "please help fix plate"... maybe a bandaid rather than a 10-20hour grief sessions fixing is cool here and can be revisited later. Would it be poss to not trigger cool down on lay hands/HT when it gets "interrupted"? Spells like harvest when interrupted don't do this but I'm not sure how abilities work on the back end.

Again, I know this one's kind of minor to a by-stander but does really hurt for SKs.

Another post getting bumped like this does prove that obviously we need a lot of help here but are extremely grateful to get anything fixed.

I hope that donations, along with keeping the box running also get boneless wings and Mountain Dew for the coding pals while they make the shit classic.

Signed,
Someone who does not play an SK and will probably get blown up zoning into one if this is fixed.

Does anyone have experience trying to land a kick or bash having problems with people zoning? I'm sure some hackery could be done to LoH/HT to "work like" melee abilities but apply appropriate healing/spell damage if that is the case and may also resolve the issue. Given Dullah's post it is probably not the way to go and timer on HT/LoH should not be consumed if "interrupted".

Colgate
08-29-2014, 01:01 PM
i think it has to do with the fact that peoples' ghosts will be at the zoneline sometimes for a few seconds when you zone in, but they're not actually there because they either zoned right when you zoned in or ran off while you were loading in

Nirgon
08-29-2014, 01:07 PM
Ya agree and rather than some mega delve that will grief whoever fixes this doing shit with player locations, synch, load times.. god knows what...

Maybe just make it so interrupts don't trigger CD. Bandaid gladly accepted!