PDA

View Full Version : Griefer Wizard in Oasis of Marr

Malinkadink
08-13-2014, 01:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/oGi1JmE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ySx4nHM.jpg

You can see in chat box hes acting like an idiot and just copy pastes that reponse about the bandit camp in lesser faydark, which i am well aware of but when i went there was already someone there. This guy just pissed me off so much. He wouldnt stop following me, and the only time he didnt steal kills was when i dragged one croc to a group by the shore and he followed just to sit down as you can see in the image.

I'm not sure this is the right place to report this really, but it'll at least get the most exposure..

Preytor
08-13-2014, 04:37 AM
First and foremost, that sounds like a terrible experience! Getting KSed really sucks, especially when you've got limited playtime. I also agree with the notion that bad players should get a bad rep in the community. However, I'm not sure if the general forum is the right place to post.

Go for the /petition or the petition forums. If you gave that a shot already, well shit. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be seeing in your screenshots that you provided. You're very clearly calling out another played in the general forum as opposed to the flames board, and I really don't see anything incriminating. The first screenshot is nothing more than you and him having a back and forth argument -- there's no screenshot showing the combat numbers that prove who engaged first or what have you. You can see the wizard in the background, but that's about it.

The second screenshot is even worse. Again, there's no combat parsing showing his involvement with the fight, and there's about 4 other players who are also not in your group but are nearby. We're to pinpoint all of this guilt on this player? I'm not necessarily defending the guy. Hell, I completely believe you. But I'm not sure if you'll get the justice you want from this alone.

Oh, and it doesn't help that the one tell included in your second post is you asking him, another player, "why he is such a faggot."

Best of luck.

Clark
08-13-2014, 04:56 AM
Need more screenshots.

Swish
08-13-2014, 05:40 AM
You told Arkanum, 'why are you such a faggot?'

http://i.imgur.com/I32HLiI.gif

stakha
08-13-2014, 06:07 AM
You lost any shred of sympathy when you started in with the homophobia.

Oleris
08-13-2014, 06:12 AM
did "Iamgay" get his name changed :( What about your buddy that was streaming? He still playing?

Eccezan
08-13-2014, 06:15 AM
Nobody's going to believe you.

Swish
08-13-2014, 06:21 AM
If it was a red server he'd be dead, no GM intervention required.

Give it a thought...

http://i.imgur.com/L1Qcvwh.png

Lopretni
08-13-2014, 06:55 AM
You told Arkanum, 'why are you such a faggot?'

fastboy21
08-13-2014, 09:17 AM
ah...the oasis, so many memories. my favorite place to lvl before I realized 13 years ago that there are better places to go...anyways:

Considering that you choose which screenshots and bits of the conversation that best "proved" your case if you aren't a troll, you might try leveling your social skills. for example, don't call folks you just met a faggot. they tend to not like you after you do this. just a tip.

Ket
08-13-2014, 09:28 AM
Wait, wait, wait ...you're saying NOT to call people a faggot?

Malinkadink
08-13-2014, 03:08 PM
did "Iamgay" get his name changed :( What about your buddy that was streaming? He still playing?

No he didnt get his name changed but it looks like he's gonna be maining his bard 'Modj' he didnt like how he was getting destroyed everywhere for being a darkelf/necro

My cousin who was streaming isn't playing though, he went back to streaming his CSGO like usual. I guess he just couldnt handle the dying, which i've had my fair of doing so too, but since i've never played EQ in its prime cause i was too young i can tolerate the game now, even after so many years of ez mode WoW.

Malinkadink
08-13-2014, 03:11 PM
ah...the oasis, so many memories. my favorite place to lvl before I realized 13 years ago that there are better places to go...anyways:

Considering that you choose which screenshots and bits of the conversation that best "proved" your case if you aren't a troll, you might try leveling your social skills. for example, don't call folks you just met a faggot. they tend to not like you after you do this. just a tip.

I called him that after he proceeded to KS my 3rd, and 4th, and 5th mob. I figured he'd leave me alone after doing it once or twice, but he continued to be an ass, to which i called him a faggot, which i use in the same context of say calling someone an asshole/dickhead. You're right that i don't know the guy, and i wouldn't want to know him, because he knew exactly what he was doing, and continued to do it even after i confronted him about KSing, he was lvl 20 as well, so he should have moved on from the area already.

Tenlaar
08-13-2014, 03:25 PM
to which i called him a faggot, which i use in the same context of say calling someone an asshole/dickhead.

That's cool. How long have you been 13, now?

Colgate
08-13-2014, 03:28 PM
man if only there were a server where you had the option to do something other than cry about it

8)

Malinkadink
08-13-2014, 03:48 PM
That's cool. How long have you been 13, now?

lol okay

Juntsie
08-13-2014, 04:25 PM
Original poster Malinkadink's unfortunate admission accusing opposing party of being "faggot" underscores importance of obtaining professional, independent advice of Troll counsel when game dispute arise. Competent troll counsel would have advised against posting damaging admission on public forum and instructed to record/petition GM. In future if such dispute arise, send immediate tell to Juntsie and record all tings.

Sadly, dere is not enuf evidence to support Malinkadink's claims. If Juntsie had to rule, he would deny claim. Sorries.

Robber
08-13-2014, 04:25 PM
man if only there were a server where you had the option to do something other than cry about it

8)

Yeah, nobody ever cries for months on end instead of doing something to fix their problems on red.

sox7d
08-13-2014, 04:28 PM
So... is OP a faggot or not?

Also, you guys need to lighten up, the wizard was being a dick, OP wasn't meaning to be homophobic. Go back to Tumblr.

Malinkadink
08-13-2014, 04:46 PM

Also, you guys need to lighten up, the wizard was being a dick, OP wasn't meaning to be homophobic. Go back to Tumblr.

Yes i am a faggot

Bruno
08-13-2014, 04:46 PM

Yea, was a funny how this got twisted. Poor guy.

stakha
08-13-2014, 04:56 PM
That the wiz was being a dick doesnt excuse bigotry. Regardless if he considers it akin to saying asshole or something else. Its a hateful word and shouldnt be casually thrown about.

sox7d
08-13-2014, 04:59 PM
That the wiz was being a dick doesnt excuse bigotry. Regardless if he considers it akin to saying asshole or something else. Its a hateful word and shouldnt be casually thrown about.

As if most uses of faggot in are in a homosexual context after the year 2000.
How's the view from that high horse?

Duncon
08-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Yes i am a faggot

BURN HIM!

stakha
are you defending bigotry?

iruinedyourday
How's the view from that high horse?

its awesome

http://stylesaveus.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/StyleSaveUs-Exercise-LA-beach-California.jpg

sox7d
08-13-2014, 05:06 PM
are you defending bigotry?

Yeah, because I oppose some guy being crucified for saying a generic insult, I want homosexuals to be unable to marry, be able to be fired for their sexuality and just all-around being beaten.

Tenlaar
08-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Yeah, because I oppose some guy being crucified for saying a generic insult, I want homosexuals to be unable to marry, be able to be fired for their sexuality and just all-around being beaten.

First, people saying "that's not cool" is hardly a crucifixion. Second, just because you say it a lot does not mean it is a generic insult. The generic way to call somebody an asshole/dickhead? Stay with me here...asshole or dickhead.

stakha
08-13-2014, 05:11 PM
what are you talking about? these things are irrelevant. the "generic" insult is offensive to many people. if nothing else, its an extremely unelegent and unimaginitive insult. it does, in fact, make him sound like a teenager, but aside from that people should know that its not a word that should be thrown about.

sox7d
08-13-2014, 05:11 PM
First, people saying "that's not cool" is hardly a crucifixion. Second, just because you say it a lot does not mean it is a generic insult. The generic way to call somebody an asshole/dickhead? Stay with me here...asshole or dickhead.

If you say so.

Arkanum's probably laughing his ass off right now.

Malinkadink
08-13-2014, 05:23 PM
If you say so.

Arkanum's probably laughing his ass off right now.

If he even checks forums, but regardless im laughing at this now too

Tenlaar
08-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Are we already to the part of the thread where people start acting like taking 30 seconds to type a post means somebody is super serious and very mad?

Keep laughing and acting like an angry teenager, no sweat off my sack. I'm sure it will lead to great things in life.

Bruno
08-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Are we already to the part of the thread where people start acting like taking 30 seconds to type a post means somebody is super serious and very mad?

Keep laughing and acting like an angry teenager, no sweat off my sack. I'm sure it will lead to great things in life.

I think we're at the part of the thread where it's hurting my head to read another post about OP calling griefer a faggot. We got the point.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
08-13-2014, 05:44 PM
stahp griffin me u fagit

Susano
08-13-2014, 05:49 PM
the "generic" insult is offensive to many people

I guess he picked a good insult then?

nectarprime
08-13-2014, 05:51 PM
Wow, what a faggot.

DarkwingDuck
08-13-2014, 06:13 PM
Wait, wait, wait ...you're saying NOT to call people a faggot?

Well maybe he was being one.

DarkwingDuck
08-13-2014, 06:14 PM
Wow, what a faggot.

Lol. When ppl get upset about a word, I lulz

Clark
08-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Lol. When ppl get upset about a word, I lulz

ripwind
08-13-2014, 06:39 PM
Hearts and minds

iruinedyourday
08-13-2014, 06:45 PM
boats & ho's

Ennewi
08-13-2014, 06:55 PM
yall motherfuckers need jesus

Tewaz
08-13-2014, 07:30 PM
Try Red OP

Oleris
08-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Still not in RNF yet?

Locust
08-14-2014, 12:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mT0ndEc.png

Leeyuuduu
08-14-2014, 01:03 AM

You sir, are a faggot.
http://imgs.tuts.dragoart.com/how-to-draw-a-care-bear-tenderheart-bear_1_000000001449_5.jpg

To the OP: tears, swears, and threats are like music to griefers' ears. In fact, in games like EVE online, many players absolutely relish getting angry hatemails after a kill; it makes their game worth playing. So, keep your cool, and ignore the retards (another hateful word, oh noes).

Squib66
08-14-2014, 01:04 AM
Anyone wanna buy those hq bear skins i'm selling in the first ss?

I guess I was in the zone and didn't hear anything about it. Grouped with the druid in the group before and he was a good guy. Why make something of it on a forum if you didn't even rant to the zone

Orruar
08-14-2014, 08:59 AM
If it was a red server he'd be dead, no GM intervention required.

Actually, if it was red, OP would be dead and corpse camped for 48 hours.

Tewaz
08-14-2014, 11:30 AM
Orruar,

Wrong, he oor.

Swish
08-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Actually, if it was red, OP would be dead and corpse camped for 48 hours.

Melodrama doesn't ever get this crazy on red :rolleyes: