PDA

View Full Version : Public List of Aid and Debts (Acknowledge Those Who Help You)

Juntsie
08-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Juntsie hereby record attached Public List of Aid and Debts. Structure list in way that will facilitate and provide securities to altruistic citizen of Norrath. Intend attached list will be relied on by citizens to thank others and provide reliable means to record aid and debts.

Public List of Aid and Debts

WHEREAS, acts of kindness and charity to fellow players are an integral part of long-term server health;

WHEREAS, many such acts go unnoticed, undocumented, and often under-appreciated;

WHEREAS, this List of Public Aid and Debts will allow any person to recognize a member of community or record a debt;

IT IS SO RECOGNIZED:

Juntsie start things off. Recognize Rafeeki and Savok for help tendered to Juntsie. Gud folks, especially for ogre and iksar. Encourage community bonding by posting notices of gratitude or notice of debt to other. Lunch break almost over. Must go.

Stormlight
08-13-2014, 07:06 PM
Well, it seems the Iksar are tryin to make a name for theirselves. Fella named Stovlar had a run-in with a gnoll what bit off more than 'e could chew. Well that gnoll shoulda been more careful cause 'e lost 'is life and his shield. Lucky fer me Stovlar was in a good mood and handed that shield right over to me on 'is way through the Plains.

--Smilo

indiscriminate_hater
08-13-2014, 07:13 PM
pretty sure tiggles owes a literal poop-filled sock to someone via mail

sox7d
08-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Agagydal's got norrath's biggest dick, he told me. Write that up there.

DireBadger
08-13-2014, 07:32 PM
Just thanking the people in Karnor's for letting my low-level cleric loot some nice Jarsath Scale pieces today :)

Gregor
08-13-2014, 07:37 PM
I just joined the server 2 weeks ago. Was group grinding in Kurn's with nothing but my starter robe and a fellow Iksar named Bookshelf gave me a Robe of the Oracle, which became my only item with a stat.

A week later Sesserdrix straight up gave me a Circlet of Shadow when I had never even talked to him before through someone elses stream.(also gave my friend some hp rings)

Shortly after Quagrar gave me 300pp just for being new and in his stream :) Alot more nice people here then these forums would lead to believe. Thanks a bunch!

Juntsie
08-13-2014, 07:42 PM
Juntsie heard of well-known lizard scholar Sessedrix. Name hard to say. He always talking (even more so than Juntsie), and release well-regarded instructional video and publish guidance document for necrophiliac-squishies. Surprised he not license and trademark video for copyright royalty. Dey high quality. Big knowledge should at least be compiled in published, learned treatise. Regardless, he well deserved mention on the Public List of Aid and Debts.

Kekephee
08-13-2014, 07:50 PM
Juntsie, I've got a real good feeling about you

Taeoz
08-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Great thread. Shout out to whoever dropped a Smoldering Brand on me back when I started, on orc hill. Helped me kill stuff for a while and then got me started on TunnelQuesting.

Kytross
08-13-2014, 11:19 PM
Thanky-thanky to Phoom (yes the Phoom) for his help today. Aurio (Unlock the magic!) Did get to four! Thanks again, and great name!

nyclin
08-14-2014, 01:20 AM
Thanks to whomever owns the EC mule named Brenntag. On my first day of P99, I offered them 25p - everything I had - for a Sainy's Claw and mentioned that I had just started. They gave me MM drums/lute and some other random items along with the claw, and are probably the only reason I stuck with my Bard for as long as I have.

Edge86
08-14-2014, 03:12 AM
I would have to throw out there engage or engagement (don't remember) Wood elf who gave away a pair of 45 hp 4 ac rings to everyone in FOB zone last week. And I do mean everyone, he said he ended up giving away 50 of em. Classy stuff.

PDX0621
08-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Great thread! Had been considering making a similar one, glad you beat me to it! I'd like to shout out to the two people who helped me the most when I was starting out here, and through who's great generosity gave me an awesome start!

Swanzo - Iksar necro in Misty Thicket. Guy was camping the halfling guards as I was leveling up, and would let me loot the shields they dropped, which progressed to selling bags of spears in exchange for a cut of the profit. Made enough money for a weapon and few pieces of armor, along with being able to start my tailoring/brewing tradeskills. Also, just an awesome guy in general. Thank you!

Kozilek/Supaskillz - Koz bought a few of my first handmade backpacks at insanely inflated prices when I was first able to make them. Also gave me a few pieces of gear he had laying around, both of which I'm still using today. Super cool guy as well, trusted me to help him with an item transfer when I was around level 8 or so. Imagine me, standing around with patchwork armor and about 40-50k worth of items praying I didn't go LD which he ran over with his alt to meet me haha. It was that act of trust that really made a difference to me. I've since helped many others with their transfers, some traveling all over the world to assist. Also the gracious gifting of gear inspired me to pay it forward whenever I could. Lots of newbies running around wearing armor I made or gear I handed out.

Anywho, TL;DR - Swanzo - Kozilek/Supaskillz = Great guys. Thank you both!

Nirgon
08-14-2014, 10:37 AM
Thank you Kanras for fixing invis pulling

You are still a saint

Poetic
08-14-2014, 09:20 PM
Thanks to Riptide when he handed me like 55k when I was a lv 12 warrior starting out on server.

GPKaldren
08-14-2014, 10:45 PM
I would like to give a shout out to Cookies for helping me and my two friends make it to Freeport from Riverlands as we were levels 3 and 2 respectively (a port and a bind, fantastic!)

Would also love to give a shout out to Neyt, or some variance of it, for helping me with a corpse run aaaall the way from Qeynos Hills to Highpass. Without his SOW and Camoflauge, I never would have made it to Rivervale. Plus, he /tell'd me to congratulate me on making it to RL!

And finally, Dottie in the EC tunnel for giving me 100PP for a mere 12 bone chips, this will help me start out very much so with my spells (despite A Froglok Named Ribbit getting me bad with an AE on the way out :P)

What a wonderful community! I just joined yesterday and it's the best I've seen in all my years!

username17
08-15-2014, 03:40 AM
Thanks to Belegur, Cleric of TMO.

She rezzed me in OT after a dragoon killed my while on my CR. And then ran to WW and rezzed my original corpse.

Toofliss
08-15-2014, 04:37 AM

This was me -- I won in his going away stream and he never sent it. Even gave him my IRL address.

myriverse
08-15-2014, 07:36 AM
Asilizzar (sp?) of BDA gave me some stuff when I was just starting. Thanks dude.

Kytross
08-15-2014, 10:21 AM
I want to give a quick shout out and thank you to all the highbies helping out us lowbies at orc 1 in EC. From buffs, to helping us break the spawn to killing grifs, it's been great!

Also, I got to group with Juntsie, which was awesome.

Good times!

SenoraRaton
08-15-2014, 10:26 AM
I would like to sincerely thank Juntsie for:
A) Making this thread
B) Helping to peacefully resolve a dating dispute between an Iksar and an Ogre!

Tapped
08-15-2014, 10:44 AM
I would like to sincerely thank Juntsie for:
A) Making this thread
B) Helping to peacefully resolve a dating dispute between an Iksar and an Ogre!

I too would like to thank Juntsie (and I'm guessing you?) for the single most amazing item transfer I've ever witnessed.

http://i.imgur.com/sRY2foH.gif

justin2090
08-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Thanking Stembolt for helping me when I first started on the server. He gave me spell money, large sewing kits, and various druidish items. I probably would of rage quit if he didn't help retrain my Warcraft-like-mind to classic eq. Then shortly after he founded a guild with intent of helping newbs like me. Ni !

zolex
08-15-2014, 11:57 AM
Thanking Borf of Clan Borf for saving the server from Avatar of Thule

daasgoot
08-15-2014, 11:58 AM
This thread makes me want to find a noob and give him some gear.

captnamazing
08-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Praise be to Bristlebane!
Stembolt is his hero's name.
A halfling fast and short and true
Who in the past gave me more than my due

Blackened iron from the goblin depths
and rings, o magic rings -- the best!
All these fineries cloaked my flesh
and delivered me from death!

If Thule himself came, burned the Vale
With Stembolt would the halfling spirit sail
we'd get drunk at rings and kick and scream
until Yola gave us some of her sweet cream

Velerin
08-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Ni!

Aard
08-15-2014, 09:08 PM
The robed one Aalamar, from The Mystical Order, sent my level 8 paladin Pouilly a tell asking if I could use an Argent Defender. After giving me that sword, he offered to meet me in Freeport to make the 2 high quality bear hides I had into backpacks. I tested his patience as I got lost/turned around/not really knowing where the tailoring vendor was in FP. He was very kind in waiting for me find my way.

Many thanks and a tip of the cap to you, sir.

Juntsie
08-16-2014, 08:28 AM
Juntsie post supplemental notice of altruism to Akash, who gave Juntsie bone-plate armors. Howeva, Juntsie suspect Akash not do this purely altruistically, cuz she stand and admire Juntsie's rippling bicep, which now show, for a loooooooooong time. Juntsie know he eye candy, so not charge Akash.

Juntsie also thank Nozaro, new client who submit retainer for professional services. Nozaro put great stuff in Juntsie trust account, including rings. Juntsie overwhelmed and have to keep indexed list to make sure trust not get mismanaged. Tanks!

Jimjam
08-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Casey for many ports.
Shilhanna for selling me Jewellery at a loss even though I offered to pay over cost for it.
Qwesan, who desparate for bone chips in OOT traded me a Robe of the Oracle for some.
Salvor for a port to EJ
Chinatown for giving my new warrior twelve plat so I could buy a broadsword
Readme for a port on my new war.

EDIT: and how can I forget Filbus, for paying me to go on an intoxicated adventure in to Runnyeye!

Outstanding debts:
Mani/Auroaz offered to pay me over two thousand for helping him get a Pegasus feather cloak, but actually paid less than that and didn't pay it to the character we agreed on. To his credit he did honour around 1600 of that debt so I'm happy to write it off after mentioning it here :P
Offtune on red I gave him a set of banded armour for free, but he promised to pay it back 'some day'
Everyone my wizard has ported for 'free' ;)

gildor
08-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Graknar, barbarian warrior for helping me out my first day back to eq since 2004! Thank You!

talian21
08-16-2014, 05:50 PM
chuckle @ TMO members loggin in alt accounts trying to make themselves sound like something other than the server assholes that they are, lmao.

DarkwingDuck
08-17-2014, 01:55 AM
I want to give a quick shout out and thank you to all the highbies helping out us lowbies at orc 1 in EC. From buffs, to helping us break the spawn to killing grifs, it's been great!

Also, I got to group with Juntsie, which was awesome.

Good times!

Hehe i was there for a few mins, I always swing by Orc one lol
Although I only brought my Mage Ds, and a dead griffon :)
Keep it real p99, met juntsie there too, funny guy.

Kyeel 51 Elementalist

Kytross
08-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Hail to Tobius of TAken who helped me get the Tome of Vaneer today!

Swish
08-21-2014, 11:51 AM
pras Vaporize who invested some of his own time and plat (on top of my own) to help my red enchanter skillup to 250 a long time back now.

Passing on the good karma, hare krishna...consider red.

Aard
08-23-2014, 09:28 PM
chuckle @ TMO members loggin in alt accounts trying to make themselves sound like something other than the server assholes that they are, lmao.

I thanked a TMO member. I am not in TMO. My main is Aard, a 56 barb shaman I created in 2010 with crappy gear, no epic, and not a full spellbook. Currently I'm in the guild Anonymous, formerly Knigts Who Say Ni. I'm as casual a gamer as they come. My paladin who was helped by the TMO member Aalamar is named Pouilly, level 8, unguilded. He's my 2nd highest toon. Some people play this game for nostalgia.

This 'thank you' thread is a great idea. Don't cloud it up with your cynicism or conspiracy theory. That's what RnF is for, right?

HawkMasterson1999
08-25-2014, 02:05 PM
I owe tiggles like 10k for the chardok pipe I ninja'd like over a year ago. I looked for you for months... get at me

Stormlight
08-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Thanks to Ruffgar, a mighty warrior an' one'a them giant northers. Also calls himself a moonlight crusader, whatever that means. Now everyone knows giants'll eat anythin' or anyone, so I was wary at first, but turns out he's a decent fella. Even knew another Hobbit who'd wasn't usin' his adventurin' gear no more, so he put in a good word for me, an' next thing I know, I got 2 bags'a stuff, some of it even fittin' like it was made for me.

Smilo

Feanoir
08-25-2014, 10:25 PM
I've got to thank Andain first and foremost, my first guildleader of Detox when i started back in the vanilla years several years ago, who helped me to get started. He tossed me a ghoulbane and some great gear for a young Paladin and took my slowpoke leveling rate in stride (one year before i hit 20). He was the first one of the great community I met on here. I've also gotta give some props to Aldoin and Contraban; two gallant souls who spent a whole night camping the cooks in Mistmoore to help me finish my suit of ro armor when I was questing it and too low to solo my last piece. Bloodthorn and Starlily also spent a couple nights helping me track and kill the plague shark in Eruds Crossing. I had never met any of those guys before, and they on a whim took a couple days out of their play time to help a complete stranger. Good friends now, but strangers that take that kind of time to help someone out is what makes this game awesome!!

Nuktari
08-25-2014, 10:38 PM
I too, hail from Grobb, and wholly support this thread in it's entirety.

Jimjam
08-30-2014, 11:47 AM
Thanks to:
Judgment
Truncated
Dramor
Huuj
Nekroman
and many others for playing along with my roleplay...

Especially Truncated for the duel of epicness :D

Wiery
08-30-2014, 04:45 PM

Just curious. Would this be considered RMT?

Bboboo
08-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Just curious. Would this be considered RMT?

RPT

sox7d
08-30-2014, 07:17 PM
nubby buffed my group, then came back and buffed it again.

mgriff02
08-31-2014, 02:08 AM
When I first started on the server someone (I wish I could remember the name) gave me 100pp and a Platinum Dragon Totem outside of Runnyeye. I used the totem for some time and then passed it on to a newbie druid when I had finally upgraded. Whomever this was, thank you!

iruinedyourday
08-31-2014, 02:21 AM
When I first started on the server someone (I wish I could remember the name) gave me 100pp and a Platinum Dragon Totem outside of Runnyeye. I used the totem for some time and then passed it on to a newbie druid when I had finally upgraded. Whomever this was, thank you!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25736152/EQ/feel.JPG

Jakaris
08-31-2014, 01:37 PM
I was a level 20-something enchanter, loving my class. Big naked troll asked me about the class, said he was thinking about making one. I went off on a long rant bout how much I loved the class. Said I had convinced him to make one. He then unanons himself and dropped troll illusion. Turns out he was a high level enchanted quitting, and was making sure I liked my class before he gave me a ton of jewelry, a Stein of moggok, a robe of the ishva, and about 4k plat. I can't remember his name, but I've tried to pay that forward as much as I can. His name was somewhat enchanter related too

Menobank
09-01-2014, 04:26 PM
I'm replying to this for me and my father;
Bonecollector is my toon's name and since i have restarted playing after a long break i have seen a few faces i remembered from way back in the day. Bobbarker always stood at the end of EC tunnel and when i was a young necro helped me out by giving me a few 10 shot blood of wolf potions and just generally chatted with me and made it fun to play the game again. Also a big shout out to the guild <The A-Team> for the rez before yall's raid up to hate, also a big shout out to all the members of <The Knights Who Say NI!> for grouping with me on my monk Menobank!

Morello's reply:
Since i have started playing this game with my son and trying to learn how to play a bard of only 12 i have met a few people including a nice necro who recently gave me some plat to help me along my day it was only 20p but it was enough to buy me a better weapon then the bronze sword i was using. And all i did was help him with bard speed to cross North Ro to oasis. I hope to cont to meet more people like this necro (who i am sorry i do not remember your name) as it is people like this that make me continue to play on this server.