PDA

View Full Version : Unobtainable items.

Eliseus
08-15-2014, 08:56 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but is there is a chance to obtain certain stuff that has been removed or changed via GM events or other means? Huge noob here and don't play very often, but enjoy collecting stuff I guess you could say, and something I would like to do when/if I come back.

Kekephee
08-15-2014, 09:07 PM
Very, very, very, very slim chance to get some things through GM events. For example, just last night a guise of the deceiver was awarded at a GM event. But that's the only guise I'm aware of being awarded on this server for as long as I've been on p99, which is something like two years.

However, that's also the only GM event that I've seen happen since I started playing. With more GM events would come a better chance of winning items like that. It depends on what the GMs have the time to put together.

Thulack
08-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Very, very, very, very slim chance to get some things through GM events. For example, just last night a guise of the deceiver was awarded at a GM event. But that's the only guise I'm aware of being awarded on this server for as long as I've been on p99, which is something like two years.

However, that's also the only GM event that I've seen happen since I started playing. With more GM events would come a better chance of winning items like that. It depends on what the GMs have the time to put together.

Bunch of Guises have been awarded from GM events. There was a velious trivia event last year where the winners got to pick whatever illusion item they wanted that was ingame.(check wiki there are more then you think). But then i think someone bitched and they took all the illusions away. But they have rewarded and let stand many guises over the years.

Somekid123
08-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Seen about 5-6 DE masks and I don't play blue anymore [red99 now since release] been on pro99 since beta days had 100 people.

Also seen random rubi pieces drop from GM event, when kunark released I think any mob in EQ had like a 0.01% chance to drop Manastone, Thex Dagger, Box of Abu`Kar etc etc, it would announce serverwide whenever someone was lucky enough to find something.

Yes its possible, but very rare.

Eliseus
08-15-2014, 09:16 PM
Hmm, good to know guys, thank you. Though I will probably miss events or not win them, but to know the opportunity does exist is awesome.

Thulack
08-15-2014, 09:17 PM
Hmm, good to know guys, thank you. Though I will probably miss events or not win them, but to know the opportunity does exist is awesome.

for example was 200+ people during the GM event last night and one person won a guise...Odds are slim

iruinedyourday
08-15-2014, 10:10 PM

I got a guildie with one from a previous event.. by the way, who got the one last night?

Pheer
08-15-2014, 10:26 PM

there was 3 or 4 guises given out last christmas

zanderklocke
08-15-2014, 10:29 PM
Now that account sales are banned too, it's even less feasible to receive a guise account. Lots of those were sold around.

iruinedyourday
08-15-2014, 11:07 PM
but man when a pally has one, or a druid or monk.. so cool.

Eliseus
08-15-2014, 11:08 PM
I just have a problem with all MMOs now and days because my OCD likes to have things not obtainable, so was just interested if there was a possibility, and having a chance (even if it's like 1%) is better than 0. So just glad to hear there is a "chance".

iruinedyourday
08-15-2014, 11:15 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-guvRGPJVLV0/UOxyAlXpiMI/AAAAAAAAAkE/2BAiVS8Jzlc/s1600/theres-a-chance-o.gif

Portasaurus
08-15-2014, 11:25 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-guvRGPJVLV0/UOxyAlXpiMI/AAAAAAAAAkE/2BAiVS8Jzlc/s1600/theres-a-chance-o.gif

well played!!!!

Eliseus
08-15-2014, 11:29 PM
hahahahaha

Vermicelli
08-16-2014, 11:50 PM
One of my guildmates was given an "Oogly stick" which was clicky troll illusion in a GM event. For passed-our-time items, I know this server is past Mosscovered Twig being mainhand.

stakha
08-17-2014, 02:02 AM
I just have a problem with all MMOs now and days because my OCD likes to have things not obtainable, so was just interested if there was a possibility, and having a chance (even if it's like 1%) is better than 0. So just glad to hear there is a "chance".

There is indeed a non-zero chance but it is a few orders or magnitude smaller than 1%.

Clark
08-17-2014, 06:09 AM

:D

blondeattk
08-17-2014, 12:18 PM
`Definitely not adding more legacy items into the game.`

recent gm quote