eqgmrdbz
08-24-2014, 04:47 PM
Holy crap!!! :eek:

Noraa3903
08-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Thats actually pretty standard. Kinda crowded really

eqgmrdbz
08-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Really, havnt seen this many peeps, thats why i was surprised.

Lune
08-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Wonder why the pop grew so much from 5-600 about 1.5 years after kunark until 1200 now.

Twitch? TMO getting trust-busted? Whispers of Velious? The death of EQMac? We may never know. Filthy newbacks taking my merbs

Tewaz
08-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Boxing.

harnold
08-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Wait until velious is released, i estimate the server pop to be no less than 5,000. That will be one heck of a boat ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eqgmrdbz
08-24-2014, 05:10 PM
5K...WOW!...that would be something to see and enjoy.

Swish
08-24-2014, 05:13 PM
Sebilis/KC/CoM/etc all p crowded.

Bored of that endless LFG time?...

Can't keep up with the EC tunnel spam with 200 people going at it?...

http://i.imgur.com/DkLBQJw.gif

applesauce25r624
08-24-2014, 06:02 PM
there's too many minorities... at my water park

Tenlaar
08-24-2014, 06:09 PM

I feel like there is a point where this shit becomes equivalent to troll-spamming, and you're about there.

scythic
08-24-2014, 06:10 PM
I know many have come from Al'Kabor as well as the Time Locked Progression servers.

Tenloar
08-24-2014, 06:46 PM

Aveenia
08-24-2014, 06:58 PM
I came from EQMac, guilty as charged.

Clark
08-24-2014, 07:05 PM
Woot

khanable
08-24-2014, 08:18 PM
approx. 1/5 of that was in EJ lol

Swish
08-24-2014, 08:44 PM
I feel like there is a point where this shit becomes equivalent to troll-spamming, and you're about there.

I feel equally angry at the response I get to these, except its more than 1 angry reply each time.

Put me on ignore if its bothering you, I'm just trying to help out a community that could really thrive with more players. I know some people can't/won't and will refuse to even log in, but I also know there's people out there who haven't experienced EQ PvP on live or on red and I believe everyone should try it once.

Sunday nights are very difficult to enjoy on blue given that a lot of popular zones (at all levels) become quite overcrowded. Instead of fighting over mobs in MM, Unrest, CoM etc... there is a P99 alternative out there, and Sunday nights are usually the busiest on red as well as blue.

TL;DR - please don't be offended <3

Tenlaar
08-24-2014, 08:53 PM
I feel equally angry at the response I get to these, except its more than 1 angry reply each time.

Put me on ignore if its bothering you, I'm just trying to help out a community that could really thrive with more players.

If you think you make me angry, you are mistaken. Could the reason you get more than one person who wants you to stop be because you are not accomplishing anything but being annoying?

You are not helping the red community. You are just spamming the blue community.

Swish
08-24-2014, 08:58 PM
If you think you make me angry, you are mistaken. Could the reason you get more than one person who wants you to stop be because you are not accomplishing anything but being annoying?

You are not helping the red community. You are just spamming the blue community.

I've helped a bunch of people get started (and I know I'm not the only one), and having exhausted what I had in my bank space, and a lot of plat... I'm now still trying where I can to at least make items up at cost prices, do the combines for free if people have the mats etc.

There's barely any active JCers on red, so how are new players supposed to get HP rings and resist gear that are important for survival?

Oh but wait, you don't care about any of that...just stop posting in server chat, right? This isn't "blue chat", btw :p

http://i.imgur.com/KEM5IgF.gif http://i.imgur.com/1fqHXLI.gif etc

indiscriminate_hater
08-24-2014, 09:00 PM
Swish convinced me to roll red. trustory

Tenlaar
08-24-2014, 09:02 PM
This isn't "blue chat", btw :p

If this isn't a blue server chat subforum, then why would there be a red server chat subforum and why do you post "play red" posts in it?

Swish
08-24-2014, 09:05 PM
If this isn't a blue server chat subforum, then why would there be a red server chat subforum and why do you post "play red" posts in it?

If I'm not allowed to post here, why aren't the posts moved/deleted? :rolleyes:

How about a little tolerance? Maybe I'll make a new EC character every 30 minutes (WoW gold spam style) and come and harass the TunnelQuesters instead?

Tenlaar
08-24-2014, 09:08 PM
If I'm not allowed to post here, why aren't the posts moved/deleted? :rolleyes:

How about a little tolerance? Maybe I'll make a new EC character every 30 minutes (WoW gold spam style) and come and harass the TunnelQuesters instead?

So you're saying that you are fully aware that your comment about this not being blue forums was complete and utter BS? Cool.

Swish
08-24-2014, 09:09 PM
So you're saying that you are fully aware that your comment about this not being blue forums was complete and utter BS? Cool.

I didn't say that, did I?

Lets not make this a RNF thread, I apologize to the OP for this tragic derail.

Tenlaar
08-24-2014, 09:11 PM
Yes, hopefully no more of these stupid play red derails happen when somebody makes a post about the blue server.

Oleris
08-24-2014, 09:13 PM
will be over 9,000 on velious launch.

Sidelle
08-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Tenlaar. You're acting like a giant douche...

Clark
08-24-2014, 09:19 PM
approx. 1/5 of that was in EJ lol

Lol

Kytross
08-24-2014, 10:46 PM
So are we looking at a new server because of the overcrowding

:rolleyes:

indiscriminate_hater
08-24-2014, 11:56 PM
So are we looking at a new server because of the overcrowding

:rolleyes:

http://www.dominiquefalla.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/wipe-slate-clean.jpg

Bazia
08-25-2014, 01:28 AM
Tenlaar sounds like a whiny faggot, god forbid you spend .03 seconds glancing over a post you're not interested in.

Truly first world problems.

fastboy21
08-25-2014, 03:06 AM
Yes, hopefully no more of these stupid play red derails happen when somebody makes a post about the blue server.

You can't make fun of Swish here...he is the coolest guy ever, and we love him. Back the F-CK up!

nicemace
08-25-2014, 03:49 AM
should make a p99 mirror server with boxing allowed. that way would reduce over crowding and people could go to a less populated server without the 'oh im playing on a dead server' feel.

Daywolf
08-25-2014, 05:53 AM
derailed to red mojo talk... :p
Blue is populated, reminds me of PEQ some years back, though everyone was multi-boxing, so more individual players here overall. Dungeons are a little over crowded now, but still plenty of outdoor zones to be had, no bonus - but no wait - so more exp. Of course EC being the most populated at ~200 or so. And on that note, crafted bows at x2.0-2.5 over component cost, pst/pm for orders, get'em before velious' haste hits :D

should make a p99 mirror server with boxing allowed. I don't think so :p

Rec
08-25-2014, 05:59 AM
Yeah a new blue server would be funny just to watch it kill red off totally even though the people supposedly like pvp.

holsteinrx7
08-25-2014, 05:44 PM
still LFG

Leeyuuduu
08-25-2014, 06:21 PM
should make a p99 mirror server with boxing allowed. that way would reduce over crowding and people could go to a less populated server without the 'oh im playing on a dead server' feel.

Server isn't overcrowded, certain zones are overcrowded. The majority of the servers hunts in only a few select zones on their way from 1 to 60. If you make a boxed server, guess where people are going to box. That's right, in those same zones, and they'll get full 2-3x as fast.

Daywolf
08-25-2014, 07:09 PM
Server isn't overcrowded, certain zones are overcrowded. The majority of the servers hunts in only a few select zones on their way from 1 to 60. If you make a boxed server, guess where people are going to box. That's right, in those same zones, and they'll get full 2-3x as fast.
Yeah it usually results in duoing a multibox up as fast as possible, then PL'ing all the other character slots on your account. When PEQ was heavily populated, dungeons were an absolute nightmare with multi-boxers loosing control of their camps and then training over everyone. And often in dungeon spots, you had one person controlling a camp, even multiple camps; was more the norm there rather than the exception here with solo farmers. But that was the best thing available on the emu's at the time. Such a P99 server would be a complete waste of volunteer resources to get it going, the server would just be awful especially if it actually had a population. If he just wants to multi-box, go to PEQ, far less people there now.

Waedawen
08-25-2014, 07:33 PM

try not to spill your ego all over the rest of us

GnashingOfTeeth
08-25-2014, 08:25 PM
Holy crap!!! :eek:

Queue up the RED posts to join.

Butt... Butthurt is bad, for butthurt. IMO.

LOL salty tears ={

http://media.giphy.com/media/926tiACDL6UMw/giphy.gif

Swish
08-25-2014, 09:31 PM
try not to spill your ego all over the rest of us

http://s17.postimg.org/uz4ee9pb3/yeah_trading_places2.jpg

You can't make fun of Swish here...he is the coolest guy ever

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Cat-Meows-In-Agreement.gif

Speaker
08-25-2014, 10:51 PM
SOE closed Vanguard, a number of old school EQ players from Vanguard have recently came over.

Whirled
08-26-2014, 10:19 AM
I do not know much about PvP since I've only had a few lower lvl characters but if handing in the PoD book makes you PvP then why not just make Red server another Blue and PvP would be handing in the book / population is cut in half & more fluid game play for those waiting in line for the day they get their drop off X monster?

I'm no master of EQ knowledge but just throwing another idea out is all.

arsenalpow
08-26-2014, 10:36 AM
Currently the biggest divide on blue is the two raiding styles. If population is too crowded here's my suggestion.

Create a brand new blue server, allow /movelog from the original blue server to the new blue server. The raid rules on the new server will be created by the guilds on the server and enforced by the staff in the spirit of the current class R rotation system. The TMO/IB raid style can live on the original blue server. I'd bet that every class R guild would move over and most casuals would go as well.

fastboy21
08-26-2014, 10:43 AM
Currently the biggest divide on blue is the two raiding styles. If population is too crowded here's my suggestion.

Create a brand new blue server, allow /movelog from the original blue server to the new blue server. The raid rules on the new server will be created by the guilds on the server and enforced by the staff in the spirit of the current class R rotation system. The TMO/IB raid style can live on the original blue server. I'd bet that every class R guild would move over and most casuals would go as well.

It's not too crowded, it's too top heavy. At some point we will eventually (years?) hit a tipping point where even the hard core folks with the most invested will see that hitting the reset button is more fun than playing on a permanent static server. My saturation point is prob 2 years after velious release...it's just not as much fun for me to imagine playing EQ after that. If velious is more than two years away I'd say hit it now So that we can enjoy it on a closer to time line experience, but I doubt it's that far off

Swish
08-26-2014, 10:43 AM
I do not know much about PvP since I've only had a few lower lvl characters but if handing in the PoD book makes you PvP then why not just make Red server another Blue and PvP would be handing in the book / population is cut in half & more fluid game play for those waiting in line for the day they get their drop off X monster?

I'm no master of EQ knowledge but just throwing another idea out is all.

Blue characters can attack pvp flagged players and there's nothing they can do about it. Terribly programmed (but classic).

Whirled
08-26-2014, 10:50 AM
So... hypothetically could a whole raid of PvP flagged ppl go about their raid with NoN-PvP ppl not able to interfere or that too expanse?

Obviously the PvE aspect would still be there also but perhaps if there was a simple code addition to alternate PvP day to NoN Pvp day could also alleviate the FTE and other problems we hear about.

IDK man maybe I just wasting breath. I just hate to see so many ppl wanting to play the game and if there's some way to help or even a glimmer of an idea I figured I'd try to bring it to light so others with much more knowledge could mull it over whether it's possible or not

arsenalpow
08-26-2014, 10:50 AM
It's not too crowded, it's too top heavy. At some point we will eventually (years?) hit a tipping point where even the hard core folks with the most invested will see that hitting the reset button is more fun than playing on a permanent static server. My saturation point is prob 2 years after velious release...it's just not as much fun for me to imagine playing EQ after that. If velious is more than two years away I'd say hit it now So that we can enjoy it on a closer to time line experience, but I doubt it's that far off

The only guilds currently saturated are TMO/IB who have been in VP for years. Before the raid cycle system anyone else who wanted to go into VP got trained into oblivion. Now if you want to raid in VP you're forced to subscribe to the TMO/IB playstyle which 80% of the server doesn't want.

Now think about velious. Do you really think IB/TMO will want to share ToV or Sleepers? At what point do the more casual raiders get a crack at that? Hell, even VP will still be contested for years into velious. I'm thinking about starting a petition and talking to all the class R guilds to see if most people feel this way. I don't really have any interest dealing with the same stupid cycle of shithead raiding in velious and class C entitlement. I'd rather have a splinter server where guilds that want to create a better raid scene can flourish and promote a better EQ raiding experience.

arsenalpow
08-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Blue characters can attack pvp flagged players and there's nothing they can do about it. Terribly programmed (but classic).

Incorrect. You must flag PvP to attack someone else flagged PvP.

Ravager
08-26-2014, 10:52 AM
The game is too well known. 1200 wouldn't be too crowded if loot were more equitably stocked across all of the dungeons and zones and every zone had a raid boss, but that's not classic. I think non classic zems in under used zones would go a long way to spread people out and would actually enhance the classic feel, even if not a classic mechanic.

Swish
08-26-2014, 10:56 AM
Incorrect. You must flag PvP to attack someone else flagged PvP.

I created a pvp flagged guy for kicks in the EC tunnel a couple of years back and tried to impose a toll on anyone running through (instead of walking) to meet required Norrathian health and safety requirements.

Guess what happened?

No pvp flag was required.

Whirled
08-26-2014, 10:57 AM
I created a pvp flagged guy for kicks in the EC tunnel a couple of years back and tried to impose a toll on anyone running through (instead of walking) to meet required Norrathian health and safety requirements.

Guess what happened?

No pvp flag was required.

...but you couldn't attack them?

Gimp
08-26-2014, 11:00 AM
The only guilds currently saturated are TMO/IB who have been in VP for years. Before the raid cycle system anyone else who wanted to go into VP got trained into oblivion. Now if you want to raid in VP you're forced to subscribe to the TMO/IB playstyle which 80% of the server doesn't want.

Now think about velious. Do you really think IB/TMO will want to share ToV or Sleepers? At what point do the more casual raiders get a crack at that? Hell, even VP will still be contested for years into velious. I'm thinking about starting a petition and talking to all the class R guilds to see if most people feel this way. I don't really have any interest dealing with the same stupid cycle of shithead raiding in velious and class C entitlement. I'd rather have a splinter server where guilds that want to create a better raid scene can flourish and promote a better EQ raiding experience.

You're delusional if you think one guild wouldn't take the top spot on this mythical splinter server you're dreaming of. It would be the same thing, just a different guild tag.

mgellan
08-26-2014, 11:01 AM
Wonder why the pop grew so much from 5-600 about 1.5 years after kunark until 1200 now.

Twitch? TMO getting trust-busted? Whispers of Velious? The death of EQMac? We may never know. Filthy newbacks taking my merbs

I was on the Facebook Everquest group yesterday and almost every thread mentions P99, lots of buzz means new players. I've certainly buffed a lot of first time players lately!

Regards,
Mg

Swish
08-26-2014, 11:05 AM
...but you couldn't attack them?

Nope, can't attack blue players as they're not flagged for pvp.

See the silliness of it? :p

Tewaz
08-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Swish, I will make a pvp player and we can battle.

Whirled
08-26-2014, 11:13 AM
Nope, can't attack blue players as they're not flagged for pvp.

See the silliness of it? :p

That is quite the irony, yes.
I guess if there's no way to try to use that in any form as a solution than those ideas are dumpster linings.

arsenalpow
08-26-2014, 11:30 AM
You're delusional if you think one guild wouldn't take the top spot on this mythical splinter server you're dreaming of. It would be the same thing, just a different guild tag.

Do you lack reading comprehension? Class R currently has 10 guilds that peacefully rotate content plus up and comers like Harmony and MC that will be added when they are ready (actually Harmony already is slotted for some targets) the point of the mirror server would be to channel that class R spirit of working together to make the raid environment tolerable for anyone who would like to participate. We'll take the class R model and staff will enforce it. One guild won't "take over" because the entire point of the server is to avoid that. If a guild desires open competition then the original blue server could provide that. They'd find guilds like TMO and IB who also enjoy that playstyle.

arsenalpow
08-26-2014, 11:32 AM
And swish you're wrong. I'll test it with you tonight if you'd like to see. BDA has done a PvP week before where we flagged the entire guild red. Only other flagged players could attack us which was only a handful of TMO like Internode and Sentenza.

webrunner5
08-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Typical Blue thread highjacked by Red players. Just go the hell away. We ALL KNOW about Red on Blue. IF we wanted to play on there we would be on there. I am not saying it is not a bad server, but the population shows most people want NOTHING to do with it, including me. Give it up. :mad: