PDA

View Full Version : EQ Titanium has tonight begun crashing on zoning and camping out.

Wizardling
08-26-2014, 05:07 AM
WinXP, 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM.

dealicious
08-26-2014, 07:57 AM
try and update your ui, re-install it, get patch files, then make sure you get the correct default ui and then re-install your ui, delete your ui_charactr_project1999.ini.
One day i simply reloaded my UI and then my game was crashing, i had to do all this for my game to work again... maybe its the same for you?

Wizardling
08-26-2014, 08:54 AM
Instead I waited a couple hours, and the server stopped crashing my client. Why: because wasting time wiping settings rarely ever fixes anything. While I might try it and then immediately restore from backup when it usually fails to solve anything, I could not even be bothered expending that level of effort here as an initial troubleshooting step. I simply watched some Star Trek, then returned later and tried again. The online software service equivalent of turning a device off and on again http://youtu.be/PtXtIivRRKQ

If I sound disenchanted with the all too predictable 'nuke and pave' suggestions of support in virtually every MMO and frankly any software support, it is because I am. If I had wiped my settings every time SOE or [insert MMO company here] support suggested I do so, I'd have spent more time re-creating my UI, than actually playing in the past decade and a half.